Start by marking “Living Large on Less: A Guide to Saving Without Sacrifice” as Want to Read:
Living Large on Less: A Guide to Saving Without Sacrifice

Living Large on Less: A Guide to Saving Without Sacrifice

Have it All—for Half the PriceYou work hard for your money. Wouldn't you like to get more for it? "Living Large on Less" is full of hundreds of ways to save money without drastically altering your lifestyle. You can eat the food you want, wear your favorite designer's clothes, take a dream vacation and throw a great party without breaking the bank. With this advice, you'll ...more
Published November 5th 2010 by Betterway Home (first published August 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Living Large on Less, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Large on Less

Brian C. Morris
This review is from my book blog, The Shelves of Nikon.

This book shows you a variety of ways to reduce the costs based off your style of living. It seems that the whole book was tailored to how the author lives and basically nothing else. Also, it suggests that in order to save money on many things you have many friends ready to exchange things such as food and other possessions.

This book could have been much shorter. It does show you briefly on how to create a budget plan and stick with it, and
Sep 10, 2014 Cheyenne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I suppose this book could be helpful for like...a high school student, or someone just starting college. This book really doesn't have any original or interesting ideas, and the only thing I hadn't already thought of doing to save money was turning off the heat dry cycle on my dishwasher. I did give it a two star rating though, because it was sort of motivational, and while it didn't give me any new ideas, it did make me want to dedicate myself more to saving, so there's that.
Nothing new in this book. Cruised through a large portion of book just reading highlighted captions. The one idea that I gleaned from book was to write down our credit card debt amount on a piece of sticky paper and attach it to the credit card so that each time we are tempted to use it we see our debt load in writing immediately.
Apr 08, 2011 Sandra rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I was so underwhelmed with this book that I almost returned it to the library without adding it to my Good Reads List. Nothing new in this book, for anyone that does think about how they spend their money. But it could be a great book for anyone who is out of control, and wonders why. Much easier to read and follow than Suzie Ornman, who I also like. Hey, maybe I should write a book like this. "Schlepping With Sandra in the Big Freddies!" Oh wait, that means hauling, oh well, maybe that is why I ...more
Oct 11, 2011 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I think I got 3 new tips from the whole book. Worth checking out from the library but I would never buy it.
Jan 18, 2012 Trish rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, 2012
This book had some good tips but it is basically like all the money saving books.
Jhen added it
Jul 13, 2016
Jenn rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2016
Pug Cake
Pug Cake rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Deyara marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Leah rated it it was ok
Aug 07, 2015
Ryann rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2015
Shannon Johnson
Shannon Johnson rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2015
Sondra Holtz
Sondra Holtz rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Gary rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Tonya rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2014
Caitlin rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Meaghan Buchanan
Meaghan Buchanan rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2014
Miyuki Iwai
Miyuki Iwai rated it really liked it
May 29, 2013
Amanda rated it liked it
May 02, 2013
Codk rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2015
Melissa rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2012
Sylvia added it
Oct 02, 2014
Kalie added it
Oct 18, 2012
Debbie rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2012
Deanna rated it it was ok
May 09, 2012