Start by marking “Winter Fire” as Want to Read:
Winter Fire

Winter Fire (Red Hot Winter #2)

There’s never been any question in Rachel Ashberg’s mind. Jackson Brooks is the one, and they both know it. The problem? Thanks to his unbreakable rule—never date his twin sister’s friends—he’s completely off-limits. Even if they can’t imagine being with anyone else.

It’s been over two years since their last encounter, when they gave in—just once—to their passion. Now, as t
ebook, First, 0 pages
Published January 4th 2011 by Samhain Publishing (first published December 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Winter Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter Fire

Tangled by Emma ChaseBurn by Maya BanksFever by Maya BanksMercury by Lesley-Ann JonesOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
I wish they were free ebooks
36th out of 49 books — 6 voters
A Table for Three by Lainey ReeseDecadent by Shayla BlackWicked Ties by Shayla BlackColters' Lady by Maya BanksRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei James
Favorite MM, MMF, MFM Menage Books
479th out of 580 books — 390 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicole
Apr 11, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing
ADULT BOOK = ADULT REVIEW

OMG HOT HOT HOT

This was one of the best menage books I have read in awhile, and you know I have read ALLOT of them!
The sexual tension was awesome, the scenes were superb, and you could feel the emotions leaking from the page!

Ms. Dee I bow down to you for I am not worthy!!!!
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!

OMG! This book was HOT HOT HOT!!!

Two hot guys and they both want Rachel. How lucky could she be? WOW!

Be right back...I need to run to the freezer for a second!.....

Ok....I'm back....wait....one more run......

Ok...I should be good...at least until I start thinking about this book!.....

Garreth was awesome. Charming, sexy, and oh my...what a friend. He sees Rachel, thinks she hot and decides to meet her. After he meets her, he realizes she's the girl his housemate is in love with. So, he throws hi
Calisto
May 30, 2011 Calisto rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: menage readers who have absolutely nothing else to read
Shelves: wanted-plot-beta
Rachel has been in love with her bff's brother, Jackson, for years but he and his sister have a don't shag friends pact because of some dark, deep, painful incident in the past. What's a girl to do? Shag this ubber hot guy and lo and behold it eventually turns into a menage.

Now this was short and had me going for a long time. Even with the 'twist' I was still liking this story but two things made a solid menage story into bleh.

The 'painful past' that caused the brother and sister to make a pact
Drmgrl99
Jan 26, 2012 Drmgrl99 rated it it was amazing
Did you ever have dating rules with your family or friends? Well the Brooks twins do... They are not allowed to date each others friends no matter what. For twelve years, Jackson Brooks has kept this promise to his sister but now on their 30th birthday, he can't deny his feelings for his sister's best friend Rachel any longer.

Garrett Halt, a handsome Canadian journalist, sees Rachel and instantly thinks she will be fun to help kill his time and she is all too willing to use his magnificent body
Erin
All in all it wasn't bad. I'm tired as I write this, so really you are going to only hear the things I didn't like since they've stuck in my brain.

The smexyness was good. I really liked Garreth.

The things that bugged me:
Rachel's so freaking cold. Okay we get it. She isn't a winter person, she doesn't like the cold. Move on.

The whole 'I can't because you are my best friend's brother' felt weak for most of the book and even then felt a bit weak. But then I could just be a jaded bitch right now.

Jac
Dominus~
Feb 24, 2015 Dominus~ rated it really liked it
Poor Gazza. I thought it's gonna be a threesome cause the book cover says so but I guess not. Anyway, I had that feeling that Gazza was indeed smitten with our Jenna here. When he said he was in love with someone and can't have her. That time I didn't know about the Jenna and Jackson rule but it was exactly the same thing as between Jackson and Rachel and it feels like it.
The ending where Jackson stormed the door and rounded on Gazza and Rach was magnificient. The only down thing is the fast pa
Fedora
Mar 26, 2011 Fedora rated it it was amazing
Amazing hotness, Batman! Rachel Asberg's in love with her best friend's brother. But Jackson and Jenna Brooks have a pact that keeps them from dating each other's friends. Up in the mountains to celebrate J&J's 30th birthday, Rachel meets a sexy stranger, Garreth Halt. When he begins a flirtation, she decides to go for it to bury her sadness, at least for a little while. But he turns out not to be such a stranger, and maybe, just maybe, everything is going to work out :)

I loved Garreth's cha
Brandy
Jan 11, 2011 Brandy rated it it was ok
I had a few problems with this book. The relationship and actions between some of the characters really didn't sit well with me. Nor did the reason the hero/heroine couldn't be together. I felt like it was repeated over and over again pounding it into my brain.

I really hoped I would like this as much as the other two books in the Red Hot Winter Anthology but it just wasn't meant to be.

I will say this book doesn't put me off Jess Dee. I have no problem reading her again. Its just this story wasn
Heather in FL
Short-ish smexy read. Big twist near the middle I wasn't expecting. Lots of hot sex (it is Jess Dee after all), and a great friends-to-lovers story.
Mandy
Mar 06, 2012 Mandy rated it really liked it
Loved this! It was short, but packed with heat and emotion! Rachel is in the Blue Mountains for her BFF's birthday party - Jenna, who is twins with Jackson, who Rachel has been in love with for 12 years, who is also is love with Rachel. Yet, they have denied their mutual love for those 12 years because Jackson and Jenna have a pact not to date each other's friends. So Rachel goes into the birthday weekend, dreading seeing Jackson, who she hasn't seen in 2 years. Then she meets Garreth - a sexy ...more
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
What happens when the man you love is off limits because he is the twin of your best friend? You move to another city and be miserable for the rest of your life...

Well, that is what Rachel has been doing for the past 12 years...then, the most unlikely twist of fate brings them together with a fierce passion they decide they can't live without.

______________________________________________________________________

Mena
Erin Kyle
Jun 22, 2013 Erin Kyle rated it liked it
Parts of this story are agonizingly heartbreaking and gut-clenching. Watching Rachel and Jackson pine for each other is awful!! Especially because of this old "NO SIBLINGS!" rule! I really felt the tension between her and Jackson -- and between her and Garreth!

Only reason I'm giving it a 3* is because of that rule; it seems very childish to me, that these mature adults can't admit their "soul mate" style love to Jackson's sister.

But otherwise, great love story, great steam (ahem).
Antoinette Lewis
Jun 27, 2015 Antoinette Lewis rated it liked it
Apart from the Menage, I really liked the book. To make a promised to your sister and deny yourself happiness to the woman you love for 12 years is sad. But thanks to a stranger and friend, he forces them to see things differently and to accept that life is worthless without your true love to hold unto, before it's gone.
Ivelisse Roberts
Jan 05, 2011 Ivelisse Roberts rated it it was amazing
WOW, this book has everything you want the love, the friendship, the hot steamy sex that makes the snow melt on that mountain. I usually don't like when books end in a cliffhanger but this one just got me more excited for things to come (no pun intended LOL). Jess Dee is brilliant and everything I have read so far by her is EXCELLENT.
Ashley
Jan 24, 2011 Ashley rated it liked it
Not the best I've read from Jess Dee...It had good points and bad.
I didn't like how the friend handles the situation. I'm not sure how exactly male friendships work, but I sure hope to hell that I never have a friend that tries to show me the error of my ways by sleeping with the person I love!
Patsy
Sep 20, 2014 Patsy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Although I loved the story I would have liked to see it continue a little further, showing Jenna's reaction and acceptance of her Brother's & Rachel's love. I think it would have been a much better ending to the story.
Joanne
Feb 16, 2012 Joanne rated it really liked it
I love Jess Dee's erotic reads and this one is no exception.

Red hot sex scenes, tons of emotion, a to-die-for hero and a likeable heroine - this novella has got it all.

I really enjoyed the romance in this spicy read and I can't wait to read Garreth's story (in Hidden Fire).
ValerieC
Cute little story! Short read. Has some m/f/m scenes. Only big problem I had was that it ended without really coming to a resolution, although it is implied that a HEA will happen.
Alexis Goldstein
Good

I hat. took my. Dee see oh you are still reading this? lol. I didn't realize people would read this.
Stacy
Stacy rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2012
Robin
Robin rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2012
Grace Mabunga
Grace Mabunga rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2012
Tab
Tab rated it it was ok
Oct 22, 2013
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2015
Annie Mz
Annie Mz rated it it was ok
Sep 23, 2013
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2012
Missy Falcon
Missy Falcon rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2015
Stefanie
Stefanie rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Triple Dare
  • Truth or Dare (Party Games, #2)
  • True Heart
  • Erica's Choice
  • Imprinted
  • Because You Love Me (Just Because, #2)
  • Dream Machine (Play Doctor, #1)
  • What She Needs (Cape May, #3)
  • Catch Me If You Can
  • Falling, Freestyle (Xtreme Adventures, #1)
  • No Holds Barred
  • Tangled Past (Tangled #2)
  • Three to Tango
  • Saved by One, Shared by Two
  • Rescued (Three's Allowed, #2)
  • Destiny Calls
  • Fight For Me (Fight For, #1; Invitation to Eden, #5)
  • Coming Full Circle (Friends and Lovers #2)
Jess Dee lives in beautiful Sydney, Australia, with her husband, their two sons and their insane dog - a ridiculously overweight puggle named Luigi.

An avid romance reader since her early teens, Jess knew one day, when she grew up, she’d have to write her own love stories. It might have taken a while, but in December of 2005, she finally got “the call.” Her first book, Photo Opportunity had been co
More about Jess Dee...