Start by marking “App Savvy: Turning Ideas Into iPad and iPhone Apps Customers Really Want” as Want to Read:
App Savvy: Turning Ideas Into iPad and iPhone Apps Customers Really Want

App Savvy: Turning Ideas Into iPad and iPhone Apps Customers Really Want

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  11 reviews
How can you make your iPad or iPhone app stand out in the highly competitive App Store? While many books simply explore the technical aspects of iPad and iPhone app design and development, "App Savvy" also focuses on the business, product, and marketing elements critical to pursuing, completing, and selling your app -- the ingredients for turning a great idea into a genuin ...more
Published August 31st 2010 by O'Reilly Media (first published August 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about App Savvy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about App Savvy

Tami
If you are considering creating an iPad or iPhone apps, you’ll want to pick up a copy of App Savvy. Unlike most books on the subject, this book begins with an idea. Then, with just an idea in hand, you start doing some research to see if you have a good solid idea or if you are just going to waste a lot of time and money on a dream of making it big.

Armed with this invaluable information (and already building connections with your future audience), then you can begin the actual production. App S
grundoon
3.5 Had this book seen an update in the past 2 years, or were the link (to the book support section of his site) that he promotes countless times within the text functional, I'd be considerably more inclined to round the rating up. There is a fair amount of worthy advice and underscoring of both things often overlooked and pitfalls to avoid - much of this remains relevant and of recommendation to folks with no prior exposure to the customer-facing software industry.

However, this is quite a light
Bobby Toh
Great focus on the marketing and business aspect of making apps
Yulichka Dmytryshyn
Very useful for all the beginners in the mobile market. Personally for me, it was already too late to read it after working in this field for over a year. Interesting thoughts that I picked up: the blue ocean strategy and marketing crescendo.
Amy Beth
I only read the parts on promotion and social media and not the development of the app as that applies to the work I've done. I found what I read useful for forming basic ideas about Facebook and Twitter and reaching out to VIPs.
Kevin
3.75 stars. Chapter 8 is a must read for any app producer to help with the marketing schedule. Written clearly but doesn't talk down to you.
Minah
Briefly, it's dealing with all processes to create Apple mobile applications from creating concept to publishing in iTune. Can get a whole picture.
Allie
Love this book! Really helped me wrap my head around my new job!
I recommend this for anyone who wants to know more about iOS app dev!
Tong
A good overview of iOS App development process. Recommend for people building their first App for Apple Store.
Mark
Useful book. Focuses especially on the importance of the marketing strategy from the app project's inception.
Charlie
Very well laid out, very interesting introduction to Apple App creation, lots of useful links.
Sogol
Sogol marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
J Sha
J Sha marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Anna Grinchenko
Anna Grinchenko marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Aryaladriel
Aryaladriel marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Christopher Nichols
Christopher Nichols marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Amir Watad
Amir Watad marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
The App Store Playbook: Discover How 10 Successful iPhone App Developers Hit It Big Selling Games On The App Store