Start by marking “Loki: Why I Began the End” as Want to Read:
Loki: Why I Began the End

Loki: Why I Began the End

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The end of the world is coming. We all know it. I think we knew it the moment Odin and I first met—any indication of camaraderie between a god and a giant was unthinkable. But that was just the first thread of the unraveling world tapestry. Considering my betrayal toward the giants, the gods treating my children like beasts, and my own ignorance regarding the futility of d ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published October 14th 2010 by Agora International eBooks (first published July 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Loki, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loki

Rebecca
This Amazon e-book is quite easy in its reading style and it helps as some readers who turn to it might havea slight inkling about norse mythology (otherwise they wouldn't have a clue who the key character is from the title) but it also introduces a range of aspects of the norse mythic world to them in a very easy to understand way with a big dollop of humour thrown in. That is the one lovely thing about this particular book in that it doesn't treat the great events and characters of norse mytho ...more
Wayne
This is the story of how Loki came to start Ragnarok. We don't quite get to Ragnarok here, but it is imminent. Loki is misunderstood, unfairly mistrusted and reviled, he was only playing some pranks. Things just kept going wrong. This could be an interesting story, but this is... Meh.

The book takes the form of Loki, bound up with the serpent dripping venom on him, telling his wife about how things came to pass so Odin would punish him that way. The asides to his wife were distracting and forced.
(I have way too many other books to read and one in particular that I will get to eventually!)

I've gained an obsession with Norse myths, so just for the sake of it, I typed 'Loki' into the Amazon Kindle Store search box. This book and two others were the ones that grabbed my attention - though I was rather put off by how short this book was, I have to say.

I downloaded the sample and, when I got paid, bought the rest of the book. I'm not a great expert on the Norse myths, but there were various s
Deb
Okay, yes, you’re right. It’s time I told you more about how I came to be strapped down with a serpent leaking venom on my face. I didn’t want to tell you before, because not only did it mean telling a rather long story, but it means revisiting the deception, anger, and pain of those years. Still, you’re right; you’ve helped me all these years without truly understanding my situation-catching the venom in that bowl, never leaving my side. So, I’ll tell you thoroughly and from the very beginning. ...more
Nikki
My Loki obsession continues and my favourite thing about this book is that it's from his point of view.
In this retelling of the Norse myths Loki is confessing all to his lovely and undervalued wife Sigyn. Some of his phrasing really makes me laugh and you really get the sense that Loki isn't just smart but has a damn good sense of humour too.
I also really like the brotherly affection that builds between Loki and Balder.
Of course everything is ultimately leading towards Ragnarok but this book is
Anna
Despite some inaccuracies, which admittedly annoyed me quite a lot, I found this book a really good read. The myths of Norse Mythology are told in a new and entertaining way and the story truly illustrates the fickleness of Loki.
Still, I cannot give this book more than three stars, due to the inaccuracies that just annoyed me so much! Even so, it is definitely worth a read.
Nicolaas
Quick and easy read, almost too quick actually. I was just getting to enjoy it and then it was over. Worth a read if you enjoy Mythology, would be better if you had some background knowledge of it prior to reading this book - and for those that are unsure, The Marvel Thor/Loki is not the Norse Myth Thor/Loki.
Enid
Enid marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Olalla
Olalla marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Jill
Jill added it
Jan 23, 2015
Emma Beaver
Emma Beaver marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Mariah Thompson
Mariah Thompson marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Ben Melton
Ben Melton marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Karolina
Karolina marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Hailey
Hailey marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Hossein Ghazi
Hossein Ghazi marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Tanner Hawke
Tanner Hawke marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Shirab
Shirab marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Cat
Cat added it
Dec 11, 2014
Jeff Barras
Jeff Barras marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Loki: Nine Naughty Tales of the Trickster
  • Giants of the Frost
  • Essential Thor, Vol. 1
  • 1-800-Mischief (The Loki Adventures, #1)
  • Chaos (I Bring the Fire, #3)
  • Runelight (Runemarks, #2)
  • The Vampire's Photograph (Oliver Nocturne, #1)
  • The Mask of Loki
  • The Age of Odin
  • Creative Nature and Outdoor Photography
  • The Fetch (The Runestone Saga, #1)
  • Norse Code
  • Marked by Odin (Broods of Fenrir, #2)
  • The Druid (Asgard Adventures, #1)
  • Lance of Earth and Sky (The Chaos Knight, #2)
  • Quantum Leap: The Wall
  • Wolfsangel
  • West of the Moon (Troll, #1-3)
Zealandia Macha: Macha vs Maddox Laodamia Lolipop Fukushuu: A New Strategy Macha: To Be Seen