Start by marking “Loki: Why I Began the End” as Want to Read:
Loki: Why I Began the End

Loki: Why I Began the End

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  76 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
The end of the world is coming. We all know it. I think we knew it the moment Odin and I first met—any indication of camaraderie between a god and a giant was unthinkable. But that was just the first thread of the unraveling world tapestry. Considering my betrayal toward the giants, the gods treating my children like beasts, and my own ignorance regarding the futility of d ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published October 14th 2010 by Agora International eBooks (first published July 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Loki, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loki

Rebecca
Nov 30, 2011 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: norse-fantasy
This Amazon e-book is quite easy in its reading style and it helps as some readers who turn to it might havea slight inkling about norse mythology (otherwise they wouldn't have a clue who the key character is from the title) but it also introduces a range of aspects of the norse mythic world to them in a very easy to understand way with a big dollop of humour thrown in. That is the one lovely thing about this particular book in that it doesn't treat the great events and characters of norse mytho ...more
Wayne
May 14, 2012 Wayne rated it it was ok
This is the story of how Loki came to start Ragnarok. We don't quite get to Ragnarok here, but it is imminent. Loki is misunderstood, unfairly mistrusted and reviled, he was only playing some pranks. Things just kept going wrong. This could be an interesting story, but this is... Meh.

The book takes the form of Loki, bound up with the serpent dripping venom on him, telling his wife about how things came to pass so Odin would punish him that way. The asides to his wife were distracting and forced.
Sarah Briggs
Jun 04, 2012 Sarah Briggs rated it really liked it
(I have way too many other books to read and one in particular that I will get to eventually!)

I've gained an obsession with Norse myths, so just for the sake of it, I typed 'Loki' into the Amazon Kindle Store search box. This book and two others were the ones that grabbed my attention - though I was rather put off by how short this book was, I have to say.

I downloaded the sample and, when I got paid, bought the rest of the book. I'm not a great expert on the Norse myths, but there were various s
Deb
Feb 07, 2011 Deb rated it really liked it
Shelves: deb-s-book-shelf
Okay, yes, you’re right. It’s time I told you more about how I came to be strapped down with a serpent leaking venom on my face. I didn’t want to tell you before, because not only did it mean telling a rather long story, but it means revisiting the deception, anger, and pain of those years. Still, you’re right; you’ve helped me all these years without truly understanding my situation-catching the venom in that bowl, never leaving my side. So, I’ll tell you thoroughly and from the very beginning. ...more
Gurpreet Sihat
Dec 15, 2015 Gurpreet Sihat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An Enjoyable Read

I've read this twice now and have enjoyed it both times. Its nice to see Loki's story told from a fresh perspective... His. Well done.
Nikki
Sep 28, 2012 Nikki rated it it was amazing
My Loki obsession continues and my favourite thing about this book is that it's from his point of view.
In this retelling of the Norse myths Loki is confessing all to his lovely and undervalued wife Sigyn. Some of his phrasing really makes me laugh and you really get the sense that Loki isn't just smart but has a damn good sense of humour too.
I also really like the brotherly affection that builds between Loki and Balder.
Of course everything is ultimately leading towards Ragnarok but this book is
Anna
Oct 30, 2012 Anna rated it liked it
Despite some inaccuracies, which admittedly annoyed me quite a lot, I found this book a really good read. The myths of Norse Mythology are told in a new and entertaining way and the story truly illustrates the fickleness of Loki.
Still, I cannot give this book more than three stars, due to the inaccuracies that just annoyed me so much! Even so, it is definitely worth a read.
Nicolaas
Jun 13, 2012 Nicolaas rated it really liked it
Quick and easy read, almost too quick actually. I was just getting to enjoy it and then it was over. Worth a read if you enjoy Mythology, would be better if you had some background knowledge of it prior to reading this book - and for those that are unsure, The Marvel Thor/Loki is not the Norse Myth Thor/Loki.
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
GOODREADS101
GOODREADS101 marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Olmy.007
Olmy.007 marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Luis
Luis marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Montzalee Wittmann
Montzalee Wittmann marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Lynn Rainbow
Lynn Rainbow marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Emmaley Aaron
Emmaley Aaron marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Zasha
Zasha marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Bhairavi
Bhairavi marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Carissa D.
Carissa D. marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Nelli SilveryMoon
Nelli SilveryMoon marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Jeanna
Jeanna marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Carly
Carly marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Jena
Jena rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
M.A. Winter
M.A. Winter rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
Adri
Adri marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Sue Bridgwater
Sue Bridgwater marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Irena
Irena marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Funny
Funny marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Loki: Nine Naughty Tales of the Trickster
  • 1-800-Mischief (The Loki Adventures, #1)
  • Giants of the Frost
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Skyrim Library, Vol. I: The Histories (Skyrim Library,  #1)
  • Essential Thor, Vol. 1
  • The Complete History Of Middle-Earth (Middle-Earth Universe)
  • The Eve of St Agnes
  • Runelight (Runemarks, #2)
  • The Druid (Asgard Adventures, #1)
  • The Age of Odin
  • The Mask of Loki
  • West of the Moon (Troll, #1-3)
  • Foresworn (Sisters of Fate, #3)
  • Marked by Odin (Broods of Fenrir, #2)
  • Chaos (I Bring the Fire, #3)
  • Lord of Slaughter
  • A Study in Red (The Secret Journal of Jack the Ripper, #1)
  • Beyond Fate (Fate of the Gods, #3)