Start by marking “Psychic Academy Volume 1 (Psychic Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Psychic Academy Volume 1 (Psychic Academy, #1)

Psychic Academy Volume 1 (Psychic Academy #1)

Ai Shiomi is pushed into attending the Psychic Academy, where he must live up to his older brother's heroic reputation a "The Man Who Stopped the Evil Lord." To make matters worse, his brother is now a teacher at the academy.
Published March 2nd 2004 by TokyoPop (first published October 31st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Psychic Academy Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Psychic Academy Volume 1

Shadow
One of the worst mangas I've ever read.
The plot felt very jerky and not well-transitioned. I know it's just the first book but it did not manage to give the characters any actual character/personality. There were boobs where there really did not have to be boobs. (And I'm not one to really complain about boobs, but man, these characters are teenagers. Blagh. Though I guess this is common in Japanese works.) Also the plot was not even interesting or engaging.

Not worth reading or continuing with
Jordan
Nov 14, 2011 Jordan rated it liked it
I promise I'll read something more wholesome soon >///>

Haha, so my friend from school bought this and let me borrow it. My first thought; Awww, he bought a shojo. His recomendation was not to read it at school, and later, when I started reading, I was like... Holy crap, that's why xD I mean, obviously there's worse fanservice out there, but... yeah. Don't even google this if it bothers you; you will be overloaded with exposed chests and behinds. But yeah... shojo style ecchi.

The story isn'
Natalie
Sep 20, 2015 Natalie rated it did not like it
Ai Shiomi attends the prestigious Psychic Academy where his older brother teaches. He faces deep insecurities while he tries to live up to his brother's fame for stopping the Evil Lord. While the premise is interesting, the plot line is underdeveloped - what's the story here? So far, Ai attends school, goes on some mini-adventures, and feels inferior to his older brother. The series quickly and regularly falls into fan service: the girls all have massive boobs, nobody's wearing enough clothing, ...more
Sarah Maddaford
This series had a great premise. Psychic kids need training so they go to special schools. Unfortunately, there is a lot of fan service. All the girls have giant boobs and short skirts. The main character and his perverted rabbit see way too much action for my taste, but the idea was so good I kept hoping the end would make up for it. The end was good, but not quite enough...
Lau
Sep 19, 2016 Lau rated it liked it
I loved reading this as I haven't read a manga in a while and I do love the fluidity of them. Didn't have any expectations when I started... The fantasy plot caught my eye but the bit of fan serving put me a little on guard as I don't usually like fan service only manga. So I'd had to wait to read more and see what was the genre of it.
Dani
So my cousin Spencer suggested this series to me, thanks!

The covers are wacky, especially the inconsistent color on this volume. The art is in the classic 90s manga style. It's not my favorite, but I don't hate it, probably because of how well Zero is drawn. He's the best character and the way his hair flops in his face, his super confidence in that ridiculous super hero costume, is what pushes him past Mew for me. I do like Mew as she seems to be comparable to Zero, like a female version. I enj
Lindsey Albright
Dec 06, 2015 Lindsey Albright rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-haves
I am extremely picky about manga and I am so happy I can say I loved this one.
It has all the usual elements of a love-triangle, but I think the characters are really easy to like. I normally don't like the fluffy side characters, but the Master Boo is hilarious.
Outside of reading the story, when I think back on it, I remember it as watching an anime, which is interesting for me. I like to imagine colors on the pages and I guess that means the pictures play through my mind as if I were watching
Abbie
Ah, yes, a manga back from my novice days, back before I had ever heard the term "ecchi." I naively picked the series up on the premise alone, trusting it was just a story about kids with psychic powers. Man, was my fresh out of middle school self surprised at all the ecchi scenes!

My original review, back from 2011:

"Weird manga . . . it's kind of confusing and very obviously written by a guy. :("

My kind little self read this whole series and gave it three stars, which I'll keep for old time's sa
Codee
Jul 18, 2016 Codee rated it it was ok
I've had these books since I was a pre-teen and I think they suited me more then. The art drives me mad - what's with all the hair and the clothing folds? Gah. The story is okay. Lots of romance and pining. Fanservice. Love triangles. There's a bit of action. I don't wanna do it a disservice, but it's a lot harder to read now that I've grown up.
VampAmber
Mar 05, 2015 VampAmber rated it it was amazing
I'm already in love with this series, and this was just the first volume. I can't wait to read more. So very cute. I loved the characters, especially Ai and Orina. And Zero was freaking hilarious, as was Master Boo. Gotta love it when a manga has nothing but interesting characters. But wow, so much fan service. Soooooooo much fan service. Love it anyway, though. ...more
Kaylee Mckinney
Nov 19, 2015 Kaylee Mckinney added it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes manga
It was really funny and good. First off, it at times was STEAMY. Not just a little but a lot. For example, the girl in the bathtub..her boobs showing, not other privates though.

*Ages 12-13+* because of that.
Crystal
Nov 11, 2012 Crystal rated it did not like it
I really didn't understand this and I don't plan on ever reading anymore of the series. I felt that it was stupid and childish and rather boring.
Karaoke OK
Sep 15, 2008 Karaoke OK rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-okay
[Series Length: 11 volumes / Read: volumes 1-11]

(Would you like me to post a short review of this series? Feel free to place a request in my GoodReads InBox. Thanks!)
Kaitie
Dec 23, 2007 Kaitie rated it it was amazing
(This is for all Psychic Academy books) They are amazing, and at first they are corny, but they are truely wonderous. Katsu Aki is an amazing Artist, as you would see if you read the books...
Tierney
Tierney rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2014
Victor
Victor rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2012
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2015
Heath Witty
Heath Witty rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Gemma Newey
Gemma Newey rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2012
Tony Heezen
Tony Heezen rated it did not like it
Oct 09, 2014
Breanna Lopez
Breanna Lopez rated it it was ok
May 31, 2015
Sujata
Sujata rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Cortney Jean
Cortney Jean rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2010
Arianna
Arianna rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Christian Isbill
Christian Isbill rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2012
Ariolander
Ariolander rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2009
Mike McDevitt
Mike McDevitt rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2011
H.
H. rated it did not like it
May 26, 2016
Holly
Holly rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2012
  • R.O.D. Read or Die 2 (R.O.D. Read or Die, #2)
  • GetBackers, Volume 2
  • DearS, Vol. 2
  • Oh My Goddess! Volume 7: The Queen of Vengeance
  • Cantarella, Volume 2
  • Gunsmith Cats: Volume 1
  • Madosa Guild (PhD: Phantasy Degree #2)
  • Fate/Stay Night, Volume 1
  • Bound Beauty, Volume 1
  • Faeries' Landing, Volume 1
Katsuaki Nakamura (中村克明), pen name Katsu Aki (克・亜樹), is a Japanese manga artist best known for his works The Vision of Escaflowne, Futari Ecchi, and Psychic Academy. Mangaka Mine Yoshizaki is one of Aki's former assistants.
More about Katsu Aki...

Psychic Academy (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Psychic Academy Volume 2 (Psychic Academy, #2)
  • Psychic Academy Volume 3 (Psychic Academy, #3)
  • Psychic Academy Volume 4 (Psychic Academy, #4)
  • Psychic Academy Volume 5 (Psychic Academy, #5)
  • Psychic Academy Volume 6 (Psychic Academy, #6)
  • Psychic Academy Volume 7 (Psychic Academy, #7)
  • Psychic Academy Volume 8 (Psychic Academy, #8)
  • Psychic Academy Volume 9 (Psychic Academy, #9)
  • Psychic Academy Volume 10 (Psychic Academy, #10)
  • Psychic Academy Volume 11 (Psychic Academy, #11)