Start by marking “A Thoroughly Compromised Lady” as Want to Read:
A Thoroughly Compromised Lady

A Thoroughly Compromised Lady

When it comes to fencing, be it with words or weapons, Dulci Wycroft considers herself more than the equal of any man. Only once has she ever met her match....Jack, Viscount Wainsbridge, is all charm and quick wit in the ballroom, but his impenetrable green eyes hint at darkness underneath. His dangerous work leaves no space for love--yet Dulci's voluptuous figure is impos ...more
Published January 18th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Thoroughly Compromised Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Thoroughly Compromised Lady

Kelly
Couldn't finish this one I'm afraid. The story was so flat, the characters lifeless and the whole novel just uninteresting. I also really hate when characters constantly say each others names - "Oh Jack, that coat is lovely!" "Thank you Dulci!" "No problem JACK...!"

I'm quite capable of keeping up with a dialogue, thank you very much.
Michelle
Jan 28, 2011 Michelle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a very hard read for me...so boring but paid good money so i always try to finish reading it.This is a definite pass!
Sandy M
Jun 30, 2011 Sandy M rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, harlequin
What I always love about reading Bronwyn Scott books is that her heroes and heroines usually work together to resolve whatever conflict but still stay the course when it comes to their relationship. They have their disagreements and quibbles, but they still stay true to each other and to themselves. Such is the case with Jack and Dulcinea in A Thoroughly Compromised Lady. They stole my heart early and never once broke it.

Dulci is the toast of the season - actually, she has been for several seaso
Tonileg
Feb 04, 2014 Tonileg rated it it was ok
Historical English titled society romance with a popular young lady, Lady Dulci Wycroft that has been very choosy about a husband to the point where she has almost given up on the whole business. Newly titled Viscount Wainsbridge, just plain Jack has been best friends with Dulci's older brother Brandon since childhood and he watched Dulci grow up into a beautiful spirited high society lady. Dulci and Jack are famous for their witty banter at the society events. So they are very flirty but always ...more
Andrea Guy
Bronwyn Scott is one author that really gives Regency romance a good name! Dulci is not a simpering miss. She's an Incomparable, that does what she wants while remaining respectable, until Jack becomes her lover.

Then she gets involved with intrigue and then some.

The parts of the story that take place in British Guiana were the best. It was really great to see Dulci bloom once she was out of London Society.

The only part of the story that didn't sit well was the ending. I wanted more closure to th
Amy
Nov 03, 2015 Amy rated it it was ok
I gave up on this book about 2/3 of the way through it--on page 190, when I finally figured out WHY I found this book lacking momentum. The two main characters--Jack and Dulci--have absolutely no tension between each other as a couple. They continuously remain in a sexual relationship that leads to nowhere. The tension that exists in the book is with a Venezuelan character who occasionally appears every now and presents a malevolent face to the couple. Overall, pretty boring, even though Dulci a ...more
Patsy
Mar 18, 2011 Patsy rated it really liked it
I like this one a lot for two reasons.

First the setting - they didn't stay in London but went to South America. It is so rare to see a Historical move away from the usual scenes. I enjoyed the change.

Second, I like the author - Bronwyn Scott does a great job. I have enjoyed her stories.

Two things I didn't like about this book - how easily they got away from the Arawak and that they left the bad guy behind (I don't know why that one bothered me but it just didn't seem gentlemanly or something).
Carrie
May 28, 2012 Carrie rated it liked it
It jumped around to different places and never really finished what it started. It had te makings of a great book, but it was a fun, light read.
Aparna
May 13, 2012 Aparna rated it it was ok
A continuation to another book, so feels a bit like the story starts in the middle but as it goes on its ok
Vanessa Umrao
Jun 22, 2013 Vanessa Umrao rated it liked it
Shelves: bronwyn-scott
First time I ever read a historical romance book about my country Guyana which was once British Guiana :)
Carrie
Jan 18, 2011 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Fun HH - I liked both the hero and heroine. Setting change from London to British Guiana was fantastic.
Maria Pedersen
Maria Pedersen rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2012
Aerol
Aerol rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2015
Mitzy
Mitzy rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2014
Donna
Donna rated it did not like it
Aug 21, 2014
stephnie
stephnie rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2012
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2014
Robin Chapman
Robin Chapman rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2016
Hattie Z
Hattie Z rated it did not like it
Dec 21, 2016
Tru
Tru rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2012
Crystal Kelsch
Crystal Kelsch rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2013
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2012
Scott Eagan
Scott Eagan rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2011
Diana Robledo
Diana Robledo rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2013
Geraldine
Geraldine rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2012
Dana
Dana rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2013
Rose
Rose rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Shanice Clemons
Shanice Clemons rated it liked it
May 21, 2013