Start by marking “A Thoroughly Compromised Lady” as Want to Read:
A Thoroughly Compromised Lady

A Thoroughly Compromised Lady

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  13 reviews
When it comes to fencing, be it with words or weapons, Dulci Wycroft considers herself more than the equal of any man. Only once has she ever met her match....Jack, Viscount Wainsbridge, is all charm and quick wit in the ballroom, but his impenetrable green eyes hint at darkness underneath. His dangerous work leaves no space for love--yet Dulci's voluptuous figure is impos ...more
Published January 18th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Thoroughly Compromised Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Thoroughly Compromised Lady

Tonileg
Historical English titled society romance with a popular young lady, Lady Dulci Wycroft that has been very choosy about a husband to the point where she has almost given up on the whole business. Newly titled Viscount Wainsbridge, just plain Jack has been best friends with Dulci's older brother Brandon since childhood and he watched Dulci grow up into a beautiful spirited high society lady. Dulci and Jack are famous for their witty banter at the society events. So they are very flirty but always ...more
Andrea Guy
Bronwyn Scott is one author that really gives Regency romance a good name! Dulci is not a simpering miss. She's an Incomparable, that does what she wants while remaining respectable, until Jack becomes her lover.

Then she gets involved with intrigue and then some.

The parts of the story that take place in British Guiana were the best. It was really great to see Dulci bloom once she was out of London Society.

The only part of the story that didn't sit well was the ending. I wanted more closure to th
Sandy M
What I always love about reading Bronwyn Scott books is that her heroes and heroines usually work together to resolve whatever conflict but still stay the course when it comes to their relationship. They have their disagreements and quibbles, but they still stay true to each other and to themselves. Such is the case with Jack and Dulcinea in A Thoroughly Compromised Lady. They stole my heart early and never once broke it.

Dulci is the toast of the season - actually, she has been for several seaso
Kelly
Couldn't finish this one I'm afraid. The story was so flat, the characters lifeless and the whole novel just uninteresting. I also really hate when characters constantly say each others names - "Oh Jack, that coat is lovely!" "Thank you Dulci!" "No problem JACK...!"

I'm quite capable of keeping up with a dialogue, thank you very much.
Patsy
I like this one a lot for two reasons.

First the setting - they didn't stay in London but went to South America. It is so rare to see a Historical move away from the usual scenes. I enjoyed the change.

Second, I like the author - Bronwyn Scott does a great job. I have enjoyed her stories.

Two things I didn't like about this book - how easily they got away from the Arawak and that they left the bad guy behind (I don't know why that one bothered me but it just didn't seem gentlemanly or something).
Carrie
It jumped around to different places and never really finished what it started. It had te makings of a great book, but it was a fun, light read.
Michelle
This book was a very hard read for me...so boring but paid good money so i always try to finish reading it.This is a definite pass!
Vanie
First time I ever read a historical romance book about my country Guyana which was once British Guiana :)
Aparna
A continuation to another book, so feels a bit like the story starts in the middle but as it goes on its ok
Carrie
Fun HH - I liked both the hero and heroine. Setting change from London to British Guiana was fantastic.
Heidi
Jun 17, 2012 Heidi added it
kan man mon give minus-stjerner
Amanda
This book was terrible.
Zinnia
Gilade den inte.
Stefanie
Stefanie marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Rebecca Harvey
Rebecca Harvey marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
C
C marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Micky
Micky added it
Oct 14, 2014
Sidonia
Sidonia marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Cary
Cary added it
Jun 29, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Emma W
Emma W marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Earl's Forbidden Ward (Ramsden Brothers #2) Notorious Rake, Innocent Lady (Ramsden Brothers, #1) How to Disgrace a Lady Pickpocket Countess How to Ruin a Reputation