Cracking The Communication Code: The Secret To Speaking Your Mate's Language

Cracking The Communication Code: The Secret To Speaking Your Mate's Language

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  19 reviews
An in-depth study of why your communication styles are not wrong, just different

Finally an answer for the number one problem in marriages-communication This analysis of the vital principles of cross-gender communication helps couples recognize they speak two different languages. They are sending each other messages in "code" but won't be able to crack that code until they...more
Published February 29th 2000 by Nelson, Thomas, Inc.

Phillip
Love and Respect was very, very good. Cracking the Communication Code was amazing. A book that will remind you of things you may have missed in the first book as well as provide MUCH additional insight.

Get both books and read them in order - though each can stand alone.

I also recommend the Love and Respect conference (www.loveandrespect.com). Your marriage and other relationships will be rewarded with growth regardless of your marriage status - troubled, fine or excellent. The conferences are g...more
Shannon
I like the ideas behind this book and picked it up because I wanted to learn some tips to strengthen my relationship with my fiancé. Unfortunately, I found the book a bit trite and stale. A lot of the advice given seemed like common sense to me and I did not get a lot out of it. However, I do see value in reading or thinking about being the best partner you can be, anyway, regardless of my opinion of this specific book.
Eric
My wife and I enjoyed the author's first book (Love and Respect), but this book we couldn't finish. A waste of money since it is just a rehash of the first book. Buy the the first one, skip the second. I will be extra cautious if he comes out with a third book. Maybe he needs to try the niche approach (L&R for your kids, L&R for your pets, L&R for your boss, etc.) On second thought, skip that too- others have tried to milk that one already.
Jeff Bobin
Good follow up to Love and Respect but if you are going to read one or the other I recommend Love and Respect. A lot of repeated information in this book.

There are some nugets of information that make this a good read for those that want to reflect and enhance the information in the original book.

Tim Malone
Read this as a follow-up to "Love and Respect." I think you can find some YouTube videos that explain how important it is that we learn to communicate in a way with our spouses that they can understand. We see and hear life differently as men and women, especially married partners.
Daryl Watts
Some interesting new stories and the last section introduces TUFTS, using Truthful Words, Uplifting Words, Forgiving Words, Thankful Words, and Scriptural Words, with your spouse. Otherwise, most of the book is a restatement of Love & Respect by the same author.
Amy Wilmoth
Great book on understand what the other gender hears and how they process it. It really helped me and Scott understand how to better phrase, ask or explain things to each other.
Angelina Anello-dennee
I got some good tools to use with my spouse out of this, but I don't care for the author's style of writing. He's a bit condescending to the reader...
Ratforce
Because you enjoyed Love and Respect, you might also enjoy Cracking the Communication Code which was also written by Emerson Eggerichs.
Debbie
Sometimes difficult to read. Ideas are good but language is boggy. Did not finish but will try again later.

Val
Aug 25, 2008 Val marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
So i've started it but stopped in the middle for months. I think i need to pick it up again.
Erik
May 14, 2010 Erik marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Goes with his book Love and Respect; based on Ephesians 5:33
Bryan
If you would like to have an excellent marriage this is a MUST!
Bridget
Excellent book on showing respect to each other
April
Great book opens your mind up alot
Meredith
A great follow up to 'Love & Respect' - Emerson applies those principles to communication.
Brandi Jones
Brandi Jones marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Sandrah Nabuule
Sandrah Nabuule marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Susie
Susie is currently reading it
Jun 20, 2014
Har
Har marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Lauren
Lauren added it
Jun 10, 2014
Thet
Thet marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Patience
Patience marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Love and Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs Love and Respect / Love and Respect Workbook 2-1 Love and Respect for a Lifetime: Women Absolutely Need Love. Men Absolutely Need Respect. Its as Simple and as Complicated as That... The Language of Love & Respect: Cracking the Communication Code with Your Mate Love & Respect in the Family: The Transforming Power of Love and Respect Between Parent and Child