Start by marking “Fire and Ash” as Want to Read:

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Fire Investigator Sadie McGregor is called to her hometown of Emerald Point, Missouri to investigate a suspicious fire which claimed the life of a local college student. By appearance the fire looks accidental. What Sadie and the handsome new police chief discover will not only affect those close to them, but will rock the entire community and may cost one of them their li ...more
Published June 1st 2010 by Desert Breeze Publishing, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Fire and Ash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire and Ash

Linda
Sadie McGregor lost her parents and brother in a fire, and subsequently lived with her uncle’s family, Joe and Hannah McGregor, from age seven. It was Joe’s influence along with the death of her family that influenced her to become a firefighter…and later a fire investigator. The fire that took her family has haunted her for years and puts her trust in God in jeopardy. In fact, she’s bitter and guilt-ridden.

Sadie was called to the Emerald Point, Missouri, fire due to staff coverages. It’s also h
Erotic Horizon
When you are called to a career choice, not a lot people can say they bring actually life experience to the job. Fire Investigator Sadie McGregor can actually say she does – as a fire survivor herself and having worked her way up through the ranks she knows more about not only the logistical aspect of the job but also alot about what it takes mentally to see each and every call through.

Sadie is in limbo in her life, she is more or less going with the flow and if asked she would probably say she
Shawna Williams
Fire investigator, Sadie McGregor, meets Police Chief, Quinn Harrington, during the investigation of a suspicious fire that claimed the life of a local college student. When evidence suggests the son of a respected citizen may be involved, small town politics come into play. Neither Sadie nor Quinn realizes just how dangerous that can be.

This is a book that people will enjoy even if they don't typically read Inspirational fiction. The elements of suspense, romance and faith intertwine effortles
LynnMarie
Clare's Review

Unable to carry on a fire-fighter after being injured on the job, Sadie throws herself into her job as a fire investigation officer with a passion. Her latest case is a little too close to home, the town she grew up in and where her family still live to be precise. No one is going to get in her way, especially not the new and reportedly chauvinistic Chief of Police.

At first sight Quinn takes the fire-fighter in the burned out building to be a man. Only when she turns does he reali
B.J. Robinson
Fire and Ash by Anne Patrick published in July 2010 by Desert Breeze Publishing, Inc. is an award-winning inspirational with a message of faith along with suspense that weaves research about fires realistically. Sadie McGregor teams up with Police Chief Quinn Harrington to investigate a fire that took the life of a local college student in her hometown, Emerald Point, Missouri.

Sadie lost her own family to a fire when she was only seven and has lived with the guilt of causing it. Now, she sifts t
Nina Norstrom

Its full of romance, suspense and mystery: One you don’t want to miss reading about!!!!!

I’ll hope by not telling you what this story is about you’ll be eager to read it on your own. Believe you me; afterwards, you will recommend others to discover its glory. But I will divulge the setting takes place in Emerald Point, Missouri. If you’ve not been there, you will feel as if you have after reading.

A riveting story you’re bound to enjoy. The author does a superb job in presenting an in-depth and co
Kris
Fire and Ash is a wonderful book. The best I've read in a while! I love Anne Patrick's writing style and the way she draws you into the story with well-rounded and loveable characters. This is one of those books you won't want to put down until the end and even when you're finished you can't stop thinking about it. Way to go, Anne!
Edwina Cowgill
This book was hard to put down! I truly enjoyed it and look forward to reading more by Anne Patrick!
Karen
I really want to read because setting is Missouri.
Babs
I have never read anything by Anne Patrick before. I hate to admit I've never known about her or her books. Imagine my surprise when asked to review this read, that I could not put down. I had a feeling I was going to like it, but you can never tell.

Sadie is a remarkable character who I wanted to know more about. She is called to her home town to investigate a fire that killed a collage student. Sadie has not been home in a while for reasons she keeps to herself. She meets the Chief of Police Q
Alycia Morales
Sadie hasn’t been to her hometown of Emerald Springs in quite some time. When she’s called in to investigate a recent fire, she plans to get in, get the job done, and get back to life in Jefferson City.

Unfortunately, things are a bit more complicated than that, and she’s drawn into the investigation of arson with a murder. It appears the girl’s boyfriend is to blame, but he seems to have taken off. As the investigation deepens, Sadie’s own life is put in danger.

But she has a hero, one she’s not
Melanie
I love suspense novels, so I don't know why I haven't read any of Anne Patrick's books before now! Fire and Ash was so good! It didn't start out with much suspense, but as the story progressed, the tension kept building!

Sadie gets called to investigate the cause of a fire, which kills a woman from her hometown of Emerald Point, Missouri. She soon concludes that it is arson, but finding the arsonist/murderer is going to be much tougher.

I had a hunch about who the real culprit would be, but even t
Sherry
In her acknowledgements Anne Patrick names the fire investigator who helped her with her research. I mention this because the seamless presentation of Anne Patrick's research into her story is awesome. This is a hard-hitting and emotional read that has the reader right beside the author's characters.
There is no part of the story that is unbelievable. And every character plays an integral part in the tale. The suspense builds exponentially with every character introduced and she offers up plenty
Linda Howard
Fire and Ash

This was a very good book. I love Christian Fiction Suspense. Well written. Can't wait to read her next bok
Darryl Mexic
Syrupy sweet and simplistically religious.
Danielle Thorne
The best Anne Patrick book that I have read to date. Very enjoyable characters--great dimensions. The fire investigation details were interesting and not overdone. The story line is sweet, believable and satisfying, as is the setting. Great read.
Frances
I was very impressed with the plot and continuity of characters. I love Christian Romance/Suspense/Intrigue. It is very pleasing to discover another author to add to my list of favorites.
Patricia Mccammon
Patricia Mccammon marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Stan
Stan marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Autumn
Autumn marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Cindy Laing
Cindy Laing marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Brandon Tegan
Brandon Tegan marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Gillian Farnsworth
Gillian Farnsworth marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
  • Jack Templar and the Monster Hunter Academy (The Templar Chronicles #2)
  • Sprung: Four Strangers, One Destiny
  • Family Ever After: Simple Ways To Achieve Extraordinary Happiness With Your Ordinary Family
  • Helga: Out of Hedgelands (Wood Cow Chronicles, #1)
  • My Treasures - Four Week Mini Bible Study
  • When a Mullo Loves a Woman
  • Chivalry and Malevolence (Alfheim #1)
  • Alexander Drake's Extraordinary Pursuit (Azra's Pith, Book 1)
  • Ixeos (Ixeos Trilogy, #1)
  • A World Apart
  • Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out
  • Hades and the Helm of Darkness (Heroes in Training, #3)
  • A Hard Act to Follow
  • Cascade Brides: The Complete Series
  • Shifting Pride
  • Recovery (Nicci Beauvoir #2)
  • Voices On The Waves
  • Starseed
Anne Patrick is the author of more than a dozen novels of Romance, Mayhem & Faith, including the award-winning and best-selling Fire and Ash, Kill Shot and Lethal Dreams. Her heroines are usually strong willed, witty, and often very opinionated…combinations that usually land them in situations where death seems imminent. When she's not working on her next novel she enjoys spending time with fa ...more
More about Anne Patrick...
Reservations for Two Dangerous Deception Kill Shot (Wounded Heroes #1) A Familiar Evil Trespasses (Wounded Heroes #2)