Start by marking “Fire and Ash” as Want to Read:

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  148 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Fire Investigator Sadie McGregor is called to her hometown of Emerald Point, Missouri to investigate a suspicious fire which claimed the life of a local college student. By appearance the fire looks accidental. What Sadie and the handsome new police chief discover will not only affect those close to them, but will rock the entire community and may cost one of them their li ...more
Published June 1st 2010 by Desert Breeze Publishing, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Fire and Ash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire and Ash

So, I Read This Book Today
ZERO STARS. NOT RECOMMENDED!

Horrible. DNF.

I expected a book about a strong, confident female fire investigator. Instead? I got a diatribe about how if you aren't "god fearing" you aren't worth dirt. Smarmy, acrimonious, sanctimonious - you get the picture. I never can fathom the mindset of the rabidly religious. Supposedly, Jesus said something to the effect of being kind, considerate, understanding, and to love your neighbor. This book falls on the side of "If you don't fall in lockstep like Hi
Linda
May 31, 2011 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sadie McGregor lost her parents and brother in a fire, and subsequently lived with her uncle’s family, Joe and Hannah McGregor, from age seven. It was Joe’s influence along with the death of her family that influenced her to become a firefighter…and later a fire investigator. The fire that took her family has haunted her for years and puts her trust in God in jeopardy. In fact, she’s bitter and guilt-ridden.

Sadie was called to the Emerald Point, Missouri, fire due to staff coverages. It’s also h
Erotic Horizon
When you are called to a career choice, not a lot people can say they bring actually life experience to the job. Fire Investigator Sadie McGregor can actually say she does – as a fire survivor herself and having worked her way up through the ranks she knows more about not only the logistical aspect of the job but also alot about what it takes mentally to see each and every call through.

Sadie is in limbo in her life, she is more or less going with the flow and if asked she would probably say she
Shawna Williams
Dec 13, 2010 Shawna Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fire investigator, Sadie McGregor, meets Police Chief, Quinn Harrington, during the investigation of a suspicious fire that claimed the life of a local college student. When evidence suggests the son of a respected citizen may be involved, small town politics come into play. Neither Sadie nor Quinn realizes just how dangerous that can be.

This is a book that people will enjoy even if they don't typically read Inspirational fiction. The elements of suspense, romance and faith intertwine effortles
LynnMarie
Nov 26, 2010 LynnMarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clare's Review

Unable to carry on a fire-fighter after being injured on the job, Sadie throws herself into her job as a fire investigation officer with a passion. Her latest case is a little too close to home, the town she grew up in and where her family still live to be precise. No one is going to get in her way, especially not the new and reportedly chauvinistic Chief of Police.

At first sight Quinn takes the fire-fighter in the burned out building to be a man. Only when she turns does he reali
B.J. Robinson
Jul 30, 2011 B.J. Robinson rated it it was amazing
Fire and Ash by Anne Patrick published in July 2010 by Desert Breeze Publishing, Inc. is an award-winning inspirational with a message of faith along with suspense that weaves research about fires realistically. Sadie McGregor teams up with Police Chief Quinn Harrington to investigate a fire that took the life of a local college student in her hometown, Emerald Point, Missouri.

Sadie lost her own family to a fire when she was only seven and has lived with the guilt of causing it. Now, she sifts t
Nina Norstrom
Feb 03, 2014 Nina Norstrom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Its full of romance, suspense and mystery: One you don’t want to miss reading about!!!!!

I’ll hope by not telling you what this story is about you’ll be eager to read it on your own. Believe you me; afterwards, you will recommend others to discover its glory. But I will divulge the setting takes place in Emerald Point, Missouri. If you’ve not been there, you will feel as if you have after reading.

A riveting story you’re bound to enjoy. The author does a superb job in presenting an in-depth and co
Kris
Dec 20, 2010 Kris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fire and Ash is a wonderful book. The best I've read in a while! I love Anne Patrick's writing style and the way she draws you into the story with well-rounded and loveable characters. This is one of those books you won't want to put down until the end and even when you're finished you can't stop thinking about it. Way to go, Anne!
Patty
Jun 18, 2016 Patty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anne Patrick hits it out of the park again. There is something about her suspense novels that I just love. This one brings us Sadie and Quinn, investigating a fire together. Sadie is laced with guilt over the death of her family from a childhood fire, which has plagued her life. Quinn is a widower, who has found his solace with God and is hoping his faith can help Sadie. Through their trials of finding the culprit of the arson, they overcome their hurdles. It is inspiring, interesting, romantic ...more
Edwina Cowgill
Jul 11, 2010 Edwina Cowgill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was hard to put down! I truly enjoyed it and look forward to reading more by Anne Patrick!
Susie Q
Aug 13, 2016 Susie Q rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fire and Ash is the second book that I have listened to by author Anne Patrick and I look forward to many more. My favorite genre is Christian Fiction Suspense and this book filled the bill! There's the mystery with romance along with faith. I love reading or listening to a book that makes me feel good about my Christian faith without the feeling of being preached to. I will be looking for more books by Anne Patrick as well as books narrated by Leonor A Woodworth, who did an amazing job giving v ...more
Karen
Mar 22, 2012 Karen marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I really want to read because setting is Missouri.
Darryl Mexic
Apr 13, 2014 Darryl Mexic rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
Syrupy sweet and simplistically religious.
Babs
I have never read anything by Anne Patrick before. I hate to admit I've never known about her or her books. Imagine my surprise when asked to review this read, that I could not put down. I had a feeling I was going to like it, but you can never tell.

Sadie is a remarkable character who I wanted to know more about. She is called to her home town to investigate a fire that killed a collage student. Sadie has not been home in a while for reasons she keeps to herself. She meets the Chief of Police Q
Alycia Morales
Sadie hasn’t been to her hometown of Emerald Springs in quite some time. When she’s called in to investigate a recent fire, she plans to get in, get the job done, and get back to life in Jefferson City.

Unfortunately, things are a bit more complicated than that, and she’s drawn into the investigation of arson with a murder. It appears the girl’s boyfriend is to blame, but he seems to have taken off. As the investigation deepens, Sadie’s own life is put in danger.

But she has a hero, one she’s not
Melanie
Jan 04, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books, kindle
I love suspense novels, so I don't know why I haven't read any of Anne Patrick's books before now! Fire and Ash was so good! It didn't start out with much suspense, but as the story progressed, the tension kept building!

Sadie gets called to investigate the cause of a fire, which kills a woman from her hometown of Emerald Point, Missouri. She soon concludes that it is arson, but finding the arsonist/murderer is going to be much tougher.

I had a hunch about who the real culprit would be, but even t
April
“This audiobook was given by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review via Audiobook Boom.”

This was a suspense / thriller romance with a Christian faith driven book. I didn't feel as if I were being preached at. The characters were well defined and I want more.

The narration was well done.The characters were well portrayed.
Linda Rainey
Jul 04, 2015 Linda Rainey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heck of a Read

This was a nail biter of a book.I love Romantic suspense and Anne delivered.
Sadie ,a fire investigator and Quinn.the police have an attraction but long distance and Sadie's anger at God makes it difficult.
We see God work in this book and we find redemption .
I look forward to reading more books by this author.
Jul 16, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books, 2015
I enjoyed the story line and was surprised at the end but it was a bit over the top religious for me. At times I felt God and Christianity was being forced down my throat. Not my thing but it may be yours. Worth reading.
Barbara
Quick, easy read

Fast paced mystery with clean romance. No explicit sex scenes (which I appreciate) and likeable characters. Survivor's guilt is major challenge for the heroine.
gayle
Sep 22, 2015 gayle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read.

Great Read I really enjoyed the aspect of faith. Reading from a Christians perception is very refreshing and encouraging. Thank you!
Sherry
Sep 23, 2010 Sherry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In her acknowledgements Anne Patrick names the fire investigator who helped her with her research. I mention this because the seamless presentation of Anne Patrick's research into her story is awesome. This is a hard-hitting and emotional read that has the reader right beside the author's characters.
There is no part of the story that is unbelievable. And every character plays an integral part in the tale. The suspense builds exponentially with every character introduced and she offers up plenty
Linda Howard
Sep 10, 2014 Linda Howard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fire and Ash

This was a very good book. I love Christian Fiction Suspense. Well written. Can't wait to read her next bok
Terry Conrad
This was the first book I read by this author and really enjoyed it.
Tammy
Aug 09, 2015 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book.
Danielle Thorne
Jul 17, 2010 Danielle Thorne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best Anne Patrick book that I have read to date. Very enjoyable characters--great dimensions. The fire investigation details were interesting and not overdone. The story line is sweet, believable and satisfying, as is the setting. Great read.
Frances
I was very impressed with the plot and continuity of characters. I love Christian Romance/Suspense/Intrigue. It is very pleasing to discover another author to add to my list of favorites.
cynthia bayes
cynthia bayes rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
TANYA LOCKE
TANYA LOCKE is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2016
  • Jack Templar and the Monster Hunter Academy (The Templar Chronicles #2)
  • Sprung (The Witchbound Series #2)
  • A World Apart
  • Family Ever After: Simple Ways To Achieve Extraordinary Happiness With Your Ordinary Family
  • My Treasures - Four Week Mini Bible Study
  • Helga: Out of Hedgelands (Wood Cow Chronicles, #1)
  • Alexander Drake's Extraordinary Pursuit (Azra's Pith, Book 1)
  • Chivalry and Malevolence (Alfheim #1)
  • When a Mullo Loves a Woman
  • Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out
  • Remember Why You Play
  • Voices On The Waves
  • Ixeos (Ixeos Trilogy, #1)
  • Hades and the Helm of Darkness (Heroes in Training, #3)
  • Shifting Pride
  • Cascade Brides (Cascade Brides #1-3)
  • A Hard Act to Follow
  • The Rhythm of Secrets
Anne Patrick is the author of more than a dozen novels of Romance, Mayhem & Faith, including the award-winning and bestselling WOUNDED HEROES SERIES, FIRE AND ASH, and TIES THAT BIND. Her books have garnered four-star reviews from Romantic Times, 'Top Pick' and 'Best Book' honors from NOR and LASR, and Five-Heart reviews from The Romance Studio. When she isn't working on her next novel she enj ...more
More about Anne Patrick...