Start by marking “My True Love Gave to Me (Rogues and Rakes, #2)” as Want to Read:
My True Love Gave to Me (Rogues and Rakes, #2)

My True Love Gave to Me (Rogues and Rakes #2)

A wealthy landowner wagers a impoverished young lady that he can give her all the gifts in the Twelve Days of Christmas song without spending a penny. If he succeeds, she must marry him. Does she have the faith to see through his wager to the man underneath?
Originally published by Zebra Regency Romance.
Nook
Published December 2008 by Belgrave House (first published December 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about My True Love Gave to Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My True Love Gave to Me

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
This was a really charming story. I loved the Christmas theme and how the author worked in the Twelve Days of Christmas, pretty clever. I actually read this because it's the first book in the series, I wasn't really in a holiday mood. However, the story was quite fun and while it can be enjoyed anytime I think it would be a great one to read during the holidays.

I liked our main characters Gen and Alan. I was a little confused with Gen though, the book starts and she has had a crush on Alan sinc
Natalie
Dec 08, 2016 Natalie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
QNPoohBear

Genevieve Munroe, her mother and sister have returned to their country estate for Christmas, their first since Mr. Munroe was tragically killed in a carriage accident. Gen hopes they will find peace and happiness at Munroe Abbey. Allison finds it difficult to enjoy the season, however; her mind is occupied by a dreadful secret - her father died heavily in debt. It's been up to Gen to see to the comfort of her family. She thinks that befriending their longtime foes and neighbors, the Pentercasts,
Kathy * Bookworm Nation

Linda
Closer to 2.5 stars.

Regina Scott came up with a novel idea -no pun intended- when Alan Pentercast wagered that he could win Genevieve Munroe's hand in marriage. He would send her the same gift that was sung in 'The Twelve Days Of Christmas' without spending a penny to do it. Too bad he did nothing but anger the intended bride.

Genevieve and Alan had secretly loved the other for many years. Unfortunately their families had been feuding for generations. They each, in their own way, had planned to p
Cally
Mar 14, 2016 Cally rated it it was ok
I have a stack of Christmas books and I've been waiting to read and now that it is closer to the Christmas season I snatched up this one as I've been looking forward to it for quite awhile. Unfortunately it was one that I enjoyed so little. I don't think I would read it again and usually I enjoy Christmas stories simply because they are Christmas stories.

With this one my main problem was that neither of them tried, at all really. He has bet that he can give her all the twelve days of Christmas g
Englishrose
Mar 29, 2011 Englishrose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is very enjoyable not so much because of an intricate or deep plot per se, but it is so enjoyable in the idea of the book and how it plays out. I truly enjoy the many ways that Alan comes up with how to give Gen the 12 gifts. I find myself smiling every time one is delivered. The background to each of the main characters help you see what they are thinking and where they are coming from. I enjoy the side characters as well, especially the younger siblings and William. A really fun ...more
Jane
Oct 31, 2011 Jane rated it it was amazing
4. 5 Stars. Perfect little Regency story to read over the weekend during the holiday season. I have read a few Regency novels set during Christmas and I thought this book had a unique plot.

Catch of the Season is the sequel to this book. Clean romance set in the English countryside.
Erin
Sep 06, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
Very cute and quick read. I was a little worried how he was going to pull off 12 Lords a Leaping, but was impressed with the author's ingenuity there. :)
suzi
Aug 26, 2015 suzi rated it it was ok
It was ok. I wasn't satisfied with how it concluded though. And I was really annoyed with Gen's mother and sister for their reaction to their circumstances.
Brittney
Brittney rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2014
Susannah Carleton
Susannah Carleton rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2011
Fran
Fran rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2015
Jenni James
Jenni James rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2009
Diana Mercier
Diana Mercier rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2014
Penny Black
Penny Black rated it liked it
May 14, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2015
Debbie Hayward
Debbie Hayward rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2012
Elle C
Elle C rated it liked it
May 27, 2014
RD
RD rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2011
Judy Fanning
Judy Fanning rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2014
Lisa Black
Lisa Black rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2015
Joy
Joy rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2016
Melinda
Melinda rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2015
Vampire-lk
Vampire-lk rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2014
Vicki
Vicki rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2008
Artifact
Artifact rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Tammy
Tammy rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Regina Scott started writing novels in the third grade. Thankfully for literature as we know it, she didn't actually sell her first novel until she had learned a bit more about writing such as vocabulary, sentence structure, and plot. After numerous short stories and articles in magazines and trade journals, she got serious about her novel writing. The Unflappable Miss Fairchild was her first ...more
More about Regina Scott...

Rogues and Rakes (7 books)
  • The Unflappable Miss Fairchild (Rogues and Rakes, #1)
  • The Bluestocking on His Knee (Rogues and Rakes, #3)
  • Catch of the Season (Rogues and Rakes, #4)
  • A Dangerous Dalliance (Rogues and Rakes, #5)
  • The Marquis' Kiss (Rogues and Rakes, #6)
  • The Incomparable Miss Compton (Rogues and Rakes, #7)