Start by marking “Checking It Twice” as Want to Read:
Checking It Twice

Checking It Twice

Published (first published December 18th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Checking It Twice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Checking It Twice

David Caldwell
What awaits these naughty children is much worse than a lump of coal in there stockings.

This very short story has a cute premise upon which it turns.
Angie
Nov 29, 2016 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, advent-reads
Synopsis: "There's been an accident at Santa's Workshop. He needs to desperately replace what he lost at the North Pole. This Christmas horror story will make you think twice about being on the naughty list. Christmas horror short story."

My Review: This is something a little on the darker side for those who may not be so in the Christmas spirit. It was a very short read, and I would have loved to have had more back story and even more after as well. It is an interesting take on the elves and the
Jess
Nov 25, 2016 Jess rated it liked it
I totally dig the idea of this story. However, to me it didn't read as a short story... more like the beginning of something bigger that the author just decided to never finish... I would LOVE if the author decided to create a complete novel along the lines of this storyline. Definitely, my kind of tale.
Regis
Nov 25, 2016 Regis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
You'll definitely be on your best behavior year-round after reading this one! So creepy!
Books! Books! Books!
Review to come.
Lauren
Dec 18, 2015 Lauren rated it did not like it
This book is far from 23 pages. It took all of a minute to read, was probably 5 pages. The "story" is about how elves are found for Santa's shop. There was nothing entertaining, or informative at all. The story wasn't developed, and don't ask me what age range it's intended for... Not for adults, and if it's made to scare children I have a feeling they would be as unamused as i was.
Cathy
Free for the Kindle. A quick 3 minute read that is a Christmas story NOT for kids.
Tells what really happens to naughty children and it isn't getting a lump of coal.
Glad I didn't pay money for this.
Jarrod Scarbrough
This very short story has become a holiday tradition in my family! It is a quick cautionary tale about just what Santa does to punish naughty kids (hint, it isn't lumps of coal in their stocking). We read it to one another each year. Again, it is very short, but quite creative and fun!
Stephanie
Dec 10, 2014 Stephanie rated it did not like it
what a horrible story? there is no story. as soon as it starts its over. i thought i had downloaded a sample book but no. dont waste the 3 mins it takes to read this "story"
Tabby
Mar 06, 2014 Tabby rated it it was amazing
Awesome Twist

Awesome Twist

In this short story Santa is not the normal Santa you've read about anywhere else. I definitely want to stay on the nice list!
Nova-Starr Maxwell
Nov 27, 2014 Nova-Starr Maxwell rated it it was amazing
Creepy!

I am now going to promise Santa that I will be good. Omg this just creeped me out. Ugh no way.
Becky
Dec 27, 2011 Becky rated it liked it
Very interesting read. Very short. Who knows how the elves really get to be Santa's helpers...one may never know!
Sandy
Dec 09, 2011 Sandy rated it it was ok
Shelves: nook
Ahhh! Fast read and it made me think twice about elves. Interesting idea. I will have to try to think happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts :)
Allison
Dec 02, 2014 Allison rated it it was amazing
Well written and creepy. Very creepy. I'll be good from now on Santa. A short story that makes one thankful to be on the good kids list...I hope.
Dec 03, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok
I knew this was going to be a short story...but this was way too short! I hate giving only 2 stars but this story really needed a little more!
Liz
Dec 21, 2014 Liz rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, horror
What an interesting concept. It would be amazing if the author built on this and made it a bit longer. Overall, enjoyed the three minutes it took me to read this super short story.
Matthew Carpenter
Matthew Carpenter rated it really liked it
May 20, 2014
Josie
Nov 20, 2011 Josie rated it really liked it
the perils of being on the naughty list!
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2015
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Phil
Phil rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2014
Valerie
Valerie rated it did not like it
Oct 14, 2015
Paquita
Paquita rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2012
jiho shin
jiho shin rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2014
Lisa Cleveland
Lisa Cleveland rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Uri
Uri rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Kimi
Kimi rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2013
michelle wilson
michelle wilson rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I’m an author who enjoys all things paranormal. I currently live between the ocean and the redwoods in Northern California, with my dog, Buffy.
More about Melissa L. Webb...