Small-Town Moms: A Dry Creek Family/A Mother for Mule Hollow

Small-Town Moms: A Dry Creek Family/A Mother for Mule Hollow (Dry Creek #18)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  28 reviews
"A Dry Creek Family" by Janet TronstadMaegan Shay is on a mission--to meet her long-lost niece, Lilly, in Dry Creek, Montana. When Maegan discovers she and Lilly share a special trait, the two grow close. Now the girl's handsome guardian, Clint Parker, fears he can't be what Lilly needs. Unless Maegan can show him what faith and family are all about.

"A Mother for Mule Holl...more
Published March 22nd 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Small-Town Moms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Small-Town Moms

Janet Marie Dowell
My favorite character in A Dry Creek Family is Maegan Shay because she does not allow her handicap stop her.....I admire someone who has problems but overcomes them with determination and who helps others overcome their obstacles. Sometimes we don't understand why God allows things to happen, but we have to continue to trust Him because He sees the bigger picture. It is a story about forgiveness of others. Also one about finding out with Christ you can overcome any obstacles in your life if you...more
Sheri
Small-Town Moms: A Dry Creek Family/A Mother for Mule Hollow
(Janet Tronstad)
Love Inspired Inspirational Romance. I usually do not read this Genre but the synopsis had me hook-line-sinker, and I was not disappointed. Two novellas that add up to one satisfying read.

The story starts with Book one, A Dry Creek Family. Maegan Shay and her two sisters were left orphaned when their parents died in an auto accident. Separated and raised through the foster cares system Maegan, is reunited with her sist...more
Tifferz
I received an arc copy of Small-Town Moms. I was super excited when it showed up in my mailbox! This is my first read from both authors and won't be my last.
Who doesn't like a sweet novella made for Mothers Day. These stories will warm your heart. I thought both books were well thought out and intertwined perfectly. I was not sure they would be able to pull it off, but they did. I think my favorite part was Epilogue. It tied things up perfectly and left me the reader very satisfied. I could rela...more
Love it when Mule hollow and Dry Creek come together! This was another great storyline for both Debra Clopton and Janet Tronstad. The characters that we have all come to know and love still make their appearances in their respective towns. I love how the fact that sisters are trying to find their own niece and nephew and in the process find out more about themselves and the family they never knew. Both face uphill battles with the guardians of both of the children, but in the end love of family...more
Courtney
Two novellas that are packed full of inspiration and romance. This book was a breath of fresh air. Three sisters were all given up to the foster care system when their parents were killed in a car accident and were split up and never saw each other again. One sister passed away but the other two finally get a chance to meet and that's when they find out their sister Dawn left behind a son and a daughter and they are both determined to meet their new found niece and nephew.

In A Dry Creek Family,...more
Maegan Shay is desperate to find her long-lost niece. Having grown up in foster care, Maegan understands what it is like to be alone in the world and doesn’t want that for her niece. When she comes to the small town of Dry Creek, Montana, she finds Lilly is well-taken care of by her uncle Clint Parker. Both Maegan and Clint want the best for Lilly. Does the best include the three of them as a family?

The story of Maegan and Clint is part one of a two-part book titled Small-Town Moms. Because it...more
Barbara
These two novellas are a delightful, inspirational read. Two sisters go on a separate quest to meet a niece and nephew that they weren't aware they had until recently. Here are my impressions of both stories:

A Dry Creek Family by Janet Tronstad - One of Janet Tronstad's gifts as a writer is putting delightful details in her stories that make them seem so realistic. As a teacher, and Sunday school teacher, I laughed at the comments children were making during a scene taking place during a Sunday...more
Melissa
Aug 13, 2011 Melissa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Small-town Moms offers two novellas, A Dry Creek Family by Janet Tronstad and A Mother for Mule Hollow by Debra Clopton.
A Dry Creek Family is a sweet story about family and finding faith in God. Maegan Shay is a product of a foster care experience that has left her yearning for her biological family. When she discovers she had a sister who died, leaving two kids behind, Maegan is determined to meet her niece in Montana. Her niece, Lilly, is being cared for by her uncle, Clint. Clint is immediate...more
Camille
Small-Town Moms: A Dry Creek Family/Mother For Mule Hollow

I received a copy of this book most graciously from Janet Tronstad for review purposes. I am under no obligation to write a positive review, just an honest one.

Small Town Moms is a collection of 2 stories, one by Janet Tronstad and the other by Debra Clopton

In the first story, A Dry Creek Family, Maegan Shay has traveled to Dry Creek, Montana to meet her niece after her sister passes away. Maegan just wants the chance to get to know Lily,...more
Pamela
May 07, 2011 Pamela rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers who love Christian Romance
Recommended to Pamela by: JanetTronstad Author Tronstad
Shelves: romance-reads
"Small-Town Moms: A Dry Creek Family/A Mother for Mule Hollow" by Janet Tronstad & Debra Clopton was great...their collaboration on this project was priceless, and right-on-time. The two stories consists of sisters that were placed in the foster-care system after their parents were tragically killed, and the two sisters that are the main characters of the stories, Maegan and Olivia are on a journey to connect with the children of their younger sister that has died.
Clint and Gabe, the men of...more
Ausjenny
This is a great book there are two stories one set in Dry Creek Montana and the other in Mule Hollow Texas.
The stories are interconnected with two sisters who are going to the respective towns to check on there other sisters children who are now living with there fathers. In a Dry Creek Family Meagan is checking up on here niece Lilly who is being cared for by Clint. I loved this story and what happens.
In A mother for Mule Hollow we see Olivia and her Daughter Trudi go to Mule Hollow to meet Wes...more
Judy
A Dry Creek Family by Janet Tronstad.

Another excellent story from Dry Creek Montana.

Meagan Shay spent her childhood separated from her two sisters after their parents died. She went from foster home to foster home. At 32 she met one sister and found the other had died so she went to meet her 9 year old niece who was living with her uncle, Clint Parker, in Dry Creek.
3/22/2011

A Mother for Mule Hollow by Debra Clopton

Olivia Dancer and her daughter Trudy go to Mule Hollow to meet Wesley, her sister...more
Paula-O
I have just finished Small-Town Moms, the first part of story by Janet Tronstad, great story Janet.
This was a story of a young woman who lost her family and grew up in foster homes, She felt like she had failed by not being able to keep her family together after her parents died. as an adult she found her sisters and after learning one had died and left a daughter, she went to meet her and then met a wonderful young man who had never married and thought life had passed him by. I was so pleased t...more
Candy
While romance is not my usual genre to read, I did really enjoy this book. I live in a small town myself, so I enjoyed the charm portrayed in the town of Dry Creek. In fact it made me want to live in Dry Creek on the ranch with Clint. I have always loved cowboys in my romance stories, and Clint was successfully portrayed as both a flawed human being and a strong Christian man. I think I will have to visit Dry Creek again very soon and pick up the rest of this series!
Melody
I was very happy to hear about a two for one book from two of my favorite authors. :) I never tire of reading about Dry Creek or Mule Hollow, best small towns ever! :) Both stories could have been longer, that's how much I enjoyed them. The messages were great, and left me feeling grateful for family, and people who aren't family, but that feel like it all the same. :)
Can't ever go wrong with when choosing a Love Inspired!
Carolyn
May 19, 2011 Carolyn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people that like inspirational romance
Recommended to Carolyn by: I received the book from Janet Tronstad
Thank you, Janet. This is not a book I would normally take off the shelf to read but I found I enjoyed it. The book is two novellas about two sisters, separately, searching for the children of their diseased sister. Both find love and happiness. I liked the characters and small town warmth of both authors.
Patsy
Really enjoyed this book. Janet and Debra did a great job with this one. I loved how the two stories came together. This book makes you want to live in one of the towns in the book.
Tiffany
I received this book for free from Goodreads Firstreads giveaway. Thanks so much!

I found these two novellas touching and sweet.

In A Dry Creek Family Meagan is a lawyer who just located her two sisters that she has been seperated from since she was a child. Her youngest sister passed away 3 years ago and has two children. The two children live in two different states and so the two remaining sisters go to check on their niece and nephew. Thus the main outline for the two stories.

A Dry Creek Fam...more
Lenora Veyon
I liked both stories. In the first one, "A Dry Creek Family" by Janet Tronstad, Meagan Shay went to Dry Creek to meet her niece, Lilly. Clint Parker was very wary of Meagan. As she grows closer to Lilly, she shows Clint that she wants the best for Lilly, and shows him how to let love in. When Lilly's dad backs out on Lilly, Clint realizes that he didn't really want Lilly to leave, and that he really loves Meagan.
In "A Mother for Mule Hollow" by Debra Clopton, Olivia goes to Mule Hollow to chec...more
Karen
Better than most this one was a quick read, two stories in one and very good.

A Dry Creek Family had Maegan looking to meet her niece Lilly.

A Mother for Mule Hollow Olivia and her daughter Trudy are in search of Olivia's nephew Wes.

Both women find love and motherhood for their sister's child.
Jill Twigg
I really enjoyed reading two authors interlinking the same story per se. Three sisters growing up separately through the foster system, then two finding each other and the third sister's children after learning of her death. I enjoyed reading about some of the same characters I had already read about in another Debra Clopton novel. It was nice to "see" them again. The first story revolved around Maegan who traveled to Montana to check on her dead sister's daughter who was now living with an uncl...more
Georgiann Hennelly
I usually don,t read this genre,But this book totally surprised me, it was an emotional read at points for me. The book starts with Maegan Shay she is on a mission to Dry Creek Montana to meet her long- lost niece. Maegan and her sisters where all placed in foster care after their parents where killed in a car accident when they where young. Maegan has just found her one sister and found out her other sister died. leaving behind two children. Lilly is being raised by an uncle in Dry Creek Montan...more
Carole
Aug 31, 2012 Carole rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Mule Hollow, TX and Dry Creek, MT - how can you miss with stories from these two wonderful and fun towns. The Authors of these series of books are so good at story telling. The have pathos, yes, but they have some wonderful funny moments too. Sun fun to read.
Sharon
A wonderful collaboration between two of my favorite authors: Janet Tronstad and Debra Clopton about mothers and families in small-town America. We get to visit Dry Creek and Mule Hollow in the same book!!!!
Sandy
I'm surprised that I didn't like the second story which was from Debra Clopton. I usually love her stories but didn't really care much for this one. However, I did enjoy the first story from Janet Tronstad.
Rita
The only thing is that I have a ? I thought Lily and Clint were from Montana .Did they move because in the end of this book Debra's they go back to Colorado?Otherwise loved book..Rita
Rachel
I really liked these stories. They linked together beautifully! I'm looking forward to reading more Dry Creek and Mule Hollow stories!
KimberlyDawn
KimberlyDawn marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Janet grew up in the wide open spaces of rural Montana and now lives in the urban spaces of Pasadena, California. She's used both of these locations in her books. Her Dry Creek, Montana series numbers over twenty novels now and her Pasadena books, The Sisterhood of the Dropped Stitches, number four.
More about Janet Tronstad...
A Hero for Dry Creek (Dry Creek Series #5) (Love Inspired #228) At Home in Dry Creek Doctor Right (Alaskan Bride Rush,  #3) A Match Made in Dry Creek Sleigh Bells for Dry Creek