Start by marking “Complete Master Cleanse” as Want to Read:
Complete Master Cleanse

Complete Master Cleanse

Fasting for days, or even weeks, while drinking a lemonade-like blend of clear spring water, cayenne pepper and citrus juice has proven to be a safe, simple and yet powerful way to cleanse the body of toxins. This book goes beyond basic information on how to do the cleanse[which can be learned in minutes[by guiding readers step by step through the entire cleansing process. ...more
Published July 1st 2007 by Ulysses Press

To ask other readers questions about Complete Master Cleanse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Complete Master Cleanse

Joanna VanVleet
Feb 03, 2011 Joanna VanVleet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had heard so much about this cleanse and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. The book definitely confirmed the benefits of doing a detox regularly to give your digestive system a rest and to flush out toxins. I also was glad to have the details explained in much detail because it clarified the "why" behind many of the steps and ingredient (e.g., why you had to drink within minutes of squeezing the lemons and the importance of the 3 day ease out period). Rob and I agreed to do 8 days o ...more
Kelly
Nov 20, 2007 Kelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I know two fairly sane people who've had great experiences from doing the cleanse - so great, in fact, that they've done it more than once, or soon shall. So I figured I'd give it a shot myself.

UPDATE: Finished the cleanse. It was neither overly detrimental nor beneficial. I guess everyone's experience is different. In any case, I don't think I'll do it again anytime soon.
Victoria
Jul 02, 2008 Victoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I've met the author, and although he comes on just as strong in writing as he does in person, I found the book very clear, helpful and quite enjoyable.

I've done the master cleanse twice using Burrough's original instructions in Healing for the Age of Enlightenment as a guide, but reading this has inspired me to want to do one again. I also like some of the alternatives presented here, like papaya or pineapple instead of orange juice for coming off the cleanse.

I'd recommend the cleanse - and this
John Hawkins
After I complete the cleanse I will write a review. So this is more than a book. Easy to read.
After the cleanse I noticed I lost almost 15 pounds but I kept losing and have more energy. My little depressions disappeared. I neither recommend nor do I not recommend. This is a personal decision. Follow the book and go organic with the lemons. Un-iodized sea salt. A mason quart jar is good for the salt wash. I will do this 4 times a year.
Julie
Oct 27, 2008 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very practical book teaching how and why to do a colon cleanse.
FYI: The majority of our seratonin is created in the colon, not the brain. Seratonin is one of our body's natural chemicals that helps against depression.
One criticism of the book: I wish it had a chapter on the integration of doing a cleanse for spiritual reasons. I found many other books to be of help though.
Irina
Jul 16, 2016 Irina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really nice book. Well written. The Master Clean chapters are really detailed about how to understand your body and what is happening with it. I like it. Finished my first 10 Days Master Cleanse yesterday and I'm on day after learning how to eat "normal" again. After my experience I can tell you that the method worked for me.
Diana S
Mar 29, 2013 Diana S rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
Interesting, Informative, Fast Read. I probably will go on master cleanse to detox, but not in the near-future. I'll definitely buy the book to keep as a reference though. Would I recommend it to my friends, to some "Yes" I would.
David
Dec 13, 2013 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An informative and engaging book on the Master Cleanse, which is a 10-day detoxification process. Definitely planning to give this a shot sometime soon, and am glad I read through the whole book. It is well-written and very inspiring. I remain skeptical but open-minded regardless.
Newton Public Library Iowa
From Kiel M.: The Complete Master cleanse explains everything you need to know about doing a master cleanse. It is a step by step guide to better health. Instead of eating, you replace meals with a lemonade mix six to twelve times a day.
Pidgeon
i don't know how I feel about this book. i want to do the cleanse, but I also want to hear more peoples stories who have completed it. I also want to know what alternatives there are out there...

May 13, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a little hippie-esque for me....but gave me some great ideas for future science experiments ( I am such a nerd) and a lot of info on some health things.
Monique
Sep 27, 2015 Monique rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
Great resource and excellent explanation on how to properly do the cleanse.
Kipahni
Jul 16, 2008 Kipahni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-books
While he comes off a little weirdly preachy it is a good motivational book to try the master cleanse I plan on giving it a whirl myself sometimes soon.
Danielle
Not what I expected.

A fairly dangerous cleanse. I think the smoothie cleanse I got on Amazon where you can actually eat raw fruits and veggies with it may be a better option
Dana
Jul 17, 2011 Dana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Doing my prep work before I begin my cleanse. Very informative. I don't feel so nervous about trying to do this cleanse now. Know I can do it!
David
Apr 08, 2011 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LIFE CHANGING! This is by far the most life-changing book I have ever read. Keep and open mind and your health can benefit for the rest of your life.
Mandi
Dec 19, 2014 Mandi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great for anyone doing the MC. It gives must needed info important for getting the most out of it.
Cindy
Interesting points about parasites. I also liked the affirmation/visualization chapter. Looking forward to my 2nd master cleanse!
Julie
May 21, 2009 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really want to try it, but not sure I can pull it off for 10 days!!!
melinda spaulding
melinda spaulding rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2016
Arirak
Arirak rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2010
Juliana
Juliana rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2009
Christy
Christy rated it did not like it
Feb 21, 2015
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2009
Maggie Delancey
Maggie Delancey rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2011
Alexis Burton
Alexis Burton rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2015
Kareen Miller
Kareen Miller rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Barry
Barry rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Robert
Robert rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2014
Tony Tate
Tony Tate rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Master Cleanser
  • Busting Loose from the Money Game: Mind-Blowing Strategies for Changing the Rules of a Game You Can't Win
  • 12 Steps to Raw Foods: How to End Your Addiction to Cooked Food
  • Marathon: You Can Do It!
  • Calming the Emotional Storm: Using Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills to Manage Your Emotions and Balance Your Life
  • The Depression Workbook: A Guide for Living with Depression and Manic Depression
  • Runner's World The Runner's Diet: The Ultimate Eating Plan That Will Make Every Runner (and Walker) Leaner, Faster, & Fitter
  • The Abundance Book
  • Good Girls Don't Get Fat: How Weight Obsession Is Messing Up Our Girls and How We Can Help Them Thrive Despite It
  • The Brain in Love: 12 Lessons to Enhance Your Love Life
  • The Raw Food Detox Diet: The Five-Step Plan for Vibrant Health and Maximum Weight Loss
  • The Sufi Book of Life: 99 Pathways of the Heart for the Modern Dervish
  • Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow
  • Detour: My Bipolar Road Trip in 4-D
  • The Fear Cure: Cultivating Courage as Medicine for the Body, Mind, and Soul
  • The United States Constitution: A Graphic Adaptation
  • The Longevity Project: Surprising Discoveries for Health and Long Life from the Landmark Eight-Decade S tudy
  • What to Expect: Eating Well When You're Expecting