Start by marking “The Best American Erotica 2005” as Want to Read:
The Best American Erotica 2005

The Best American Erotica 2005 (Best American Erotica)

Full of literary star power and with absolutely nothing out of bounds, these steamy short stories pack a wallop for every sexual taste.
Susie Bright is the fearless boundary crosser of contemporary erotica, and The Best American Erotica 2005 features stories of unprecedented literary pedigree and a stunning breadth of imagination.
Pulitzer Prize-winner Jane Smiley detail
Published February 2nd 2005 by Touchstone

To ask other readers questions about The Best American Erotica 2005, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best American Erotica 2005

Pascale
Aug 07, 2012 Pascale rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Allright, I must admit that there were some gems to be found in this book:
- “I like a smooth body the best, I have to admit, the hand or tongue traveling unobstructed over hard surfaces. Clean like the skin of belugas whales or dolphins or even a pillowcase . . .”
- “The small of your knee is wet; it echoes your salivating mouth.”
- “Sometimes you press into me gently like leaning into the wind, and sometimes you are pounding me like an animal, like television violence.”
- “We’ve come to the poin
Dec 13, 2008 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love erotica you know, and i've bought many editions of the bae. i was pretty nonplussed overall by this year's edition. there were a few standout stories that i enjoyed or that got me vaguley thinking about wanting to have sex. one of the good stories was "charles sykes' spirit of ecstasy" by ps haven. it had a kink to it that i enjoyed. it was a unique story that wasn't at all what i expected it to be. the narrator had a fetish, and she'd always wanted to fuck the spirit of ecstasy, which is ...more
Raven
May 07, 2007 Raven rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like reading sexy stories in public
Shelves: mindcandy
So . . . I have to say if this is the BEST erotica America could come up with in '05, we are in a sorry state. Some of the stories are really good, like really hot, but most are rather hit and miss. The ones that are really worth reading are: "Slippy for President" by Steve Almond, it was an entertaining read--though not particularly erotic. "My Puritan Reader" by Bert Hart; "Seduction" by Cecilia Tan--one of the shortest and also one of the best in the book; "Brontitis" by Maria Dahvana Headley ...more
Cheri
Branching out into other genres and just plain curious considering all the recent hype around smutty smut smut.

Since it had "something for everyone", most of it was weird or had elements of weirdness. Could it be my lack of interest in short stories encompasses dirty ones, too? This is not to say some of them weren't enjoyable. But they were over so fast. *hey-o*
HeavyReader
Jun 20, 2007 HeavyReader rated it really liked it
Favorites in this collection are

"Hollywood Christmas" (pretty straightforward story about a man fucking a woman, told from his perspective)

"It's Never Too Late in New York" (group sex)

"My Puritan Reader" (a young New England woman has to be strip searched by a respected man of the town to prove that she is not a witch)
Stephanie
Of the whole collection only 2 or 3 stories were all that engrossing. Not what I expected of "The Best".
Matt  Holtman
Not that good. I was hoping for better.
Evett DiBianco
Was curious to read this from my book club - it's okay, but wouldn't buy it. If you'd like to read it...you can borrow mine.
Anita
Anita rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2010
Myria
Myria rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2011
Jennifer Glick
Jennifer Glick rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2011
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2010
Lyn
Lyn rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2008
Gaudy
Gaudy rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2009
Matthew Pridham
Matthew Pridham rated it it was ok
Sep 30, 2011
Audrey Moore
Audrey Moore rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2011
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2013
Tofu Fairy
Tofu Fairy rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2009
Benjamin Smith
Benjamin Smith rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2011
Manintheboat
Manintheboat rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2007
Gary Castaldo
Gary Castaldo rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2011
Tiara
Tiara rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2011
Alie
Alie rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2008
Pam Hollaway
Pam Hollaway rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2007
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2008
Maveny
Maveny rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2012
Krista
Krista rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2009
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2012
Chatty Missy
Chatty Missy rated it did not like it
Jun 20, 2011
Cheri Tipler
Cheri Tipler rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Susannah "Susie" Bright (also known as Susie Sexpert) is a writer, speaker, teacher, audio-show host, performer, all on the subject of sexuality. She is one of the first writers/activists referred to as a sex-positive feminist.
More about Susie Bright...

Best American Erotica (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Best American Erotica 1993
  • The Best American Erotica 1999
  • The Best American Erotica 2000
  • The Best American Erotica 2001
  • The Best American Erotica 2002
  • The Best American Erotica 2003 (Best American Erotica)