Start by marking “The Bastard Preacher” as Want to Read:
The Bastard Preacher

The Bastard Preacher

2.5 of 5 stars 2.50  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Smooth and handsome, self-serving, Jamie Lee Vincent decides there's easy money in religion after attending a big tent revival in his home town. Catching the interest of Reverend Sonny Riverton's youngest daughter, Missy, Jamie Lee rides it for all it's worth into the world of fame and fortune.

Approx. 45000 word, 276 pages
Published (first published November 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Bastard Preacher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bastard Preacher

My thoughts on "The Bastard Preacher" are contradictory and all over the place. One part of me looks at the book as fluff for the brain. It’s an easy read – short, not too many characters, a plot that is relatively simple and easy to follow, plus plenty of sex. The equivalent of the movie you rent for the sex scenes that have enough plot so that you can pretend otherwise.

Each chapter starts with a quote from a real world televangelist. I questioned the validity of the quotes after a while, belie
Aug 17, 2013 Katy added it
Shelves: not-finished
I can't really give this book a rating since I didn't finish it. I don't deserve to rate a book I haven't read. But I will leave behind some insight for others considering reading this book.

It isn't terrible. It's....crass. I was hoping to dive into a politically incorrect book about televangelism. And I did. It delivered. I just couldn't connect. Couldn't get into it, despite it being what I wanted it to be.

I didn't relate to the characters. Didn't like the characters. Didn't like the era it
I liked the book well enough to read it to the end. It fits right in with the cynicism of televangelists so many of us have. We've all known a Jamie Lee, charismatic horn dog who doesn't think the world revolves around them, they make sure it does! He's a real bad boy who thinks fast and always looks out for number one. I think it took it took the "bad boy" story line a bit too far with one part of the story concerning Jamie Lee and his mother. That's the only part that would cause me to hesitat ...more
Katy Beth Mckee
This wasn't badly written but the subject matter and the way that the ending is just hanging there waiting for the next book didn't do anything for me. Characters were a bit flat and predictable.
I couldnt even finish this book.
Anastasia Johnson
Anastasia Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Kelly Romero
Kelly Romero marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Ilani K.wise
Ilani K.wise marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Samantha Stinnett
Samantha Stinnett marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Steph Moyer
Steph Moyer marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Michael marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Danna marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
KH added it
Sep 04, 2014
Venice marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Jennifer Boyett
Jennifer Boyett marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Jill marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Sheila marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Ronald marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Dee Dawning
Aug 16, 2013 Dee Dawning rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2013