Start by marking “Frühstück Mit Barneydie Wahre Geschichte Eines Aussergewöhnlichen Beagles” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Frühstück Mit Barneydi...

Dick Wolfsie

Frühstück Mit Barneydie Wahre Geschichte Eines Aussergewöhnlichen Beagles

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  16 reviews
"I enrolled Barney in obedience school. If I had known how being ‘bad’ would be part of his charm and would add to his success on camera, I might have given this more thought." — Dick Wolfsie

Television reporter Dick Wolfsie was walking out his front door on the way to the studio one wintry morning when he found a shivering beagle pup on his fr
288 pages
Published 2011 by Goldmann (first published February 1st 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about Frühstück Mit Barneydie Wahre Geschichte Eines Aussergewöhnlichen Beagles

Gary
"Oh no," you must be thinking, "not ANOTHER dog book?!" Yes, heartwarming tales (see what I did there?) about canines are not in short supply (I've even been tempted to write one of my own), but Dick Wolfsie's "Mornings with Barney" connected with me on a number of levels:

1.) I'm a proud beagle-daddy to two representatives of this howling breed (one of who looks remarkably like Barney).

2.) I, too, work the local morning news shift, and sympathize/empathize with many of the observations the autho
Deborah
Having found a stray beagle on the side of the road shortly before reading this book, I could relate to the author's tales of mayhem on the part of his beagle. Funny book that dog lovers must read.
Erika Melrose
love this book!! I especially love the pizza incident! that beagles love food is a given but Barney took it a notch higher by also eating the pizza box!! now THATS impressive!!
Stefanie
A wonderful story about a celebrity beagle and the people who loved him. My pup looks a lot like him (although, thank heaven, my guy is not nearly as mischievous).
Cheryl
Barney is truly a beagle!
Colleen Rue
If you loved "Marley and Me",and who did'nt,you'll love Barney's story!Like Marley,Barney was a mischeif maker.Like John GRogan,Mr. Wolfe works with the media.You'll find many similarities about both dogs!I recommend this book highly!!Go read Barney's story.You'll be glad you did!!!
Corky
Neat story of the bond between man and dog. Barney was a stray that was sitting on Dick Wolfsie's porch one moring when he went to work. Barney's big brown eyes found him a best friend and business partner as he and Dick went on to do news anchor spots for over a decade in Indianapolis.
Kris
nook book. A mildly entertaining story of a beagle found by a TV reporter who took the dog almost everywhere with him on location. The dog became immensely popular in central Indiana. There are some cute stories of the dog's shenanigans, typical of most untrained beagles.
Sharon
Great book, reminded me of Dewey at times, but I really liked it. Very light easy read.

Mind you, it has not made me want to own a beagle for a pet, as much as I love Dogs. This book basically confirms all that I've ever heard about owning a beagle.
Beth/Chuck
A Christmas present from Matt & Keri. Interesting story of local celebrity Dick Wolfsie & canine partner Barney. Brings home the one thing I always say about pets, They don't live long enough!
Enjoyed reading about adventures on the air & at the State Fair.
Gerri
I found this to be a great story of Dick and his best friend and co-worker Barney. I think Barney really deserved to be called an extraordinary beagle. He truly touched so many people lives and seemed to enjoy every minute of it.

Kathy
Mildly amusing, but not very well written. The writing style is choppy. I wonder if Dick Wolfsie just compiled and edited some of his columns to create this book. At least it's short, so you won't waste too much time reading it.
Lake County Public Library Indiana
"Who knew WISH TV in Indy has a canine star on it's morning show for 12 years. He warmed the hearts of his public and gave them something to look forward to when they had to get up in the morning."
-Kate/Circulation
Kathy
Enjoyed this account of the life of a quirky beagle and his TV newsman owner. Not as good as Marley and Me but definitely a well written humorous saga of life with a mischievous,independent hound.
Sandra Clemmons
This was a sweet book and a must read for dog lovers!
Sharon
A must read for all dog lovers!
Yyst
Yyst marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Nora Dorner
Nora Dorner marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Diana Conner-Marks
Diana Conner-Marks marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Janet Leonard
Janet Leonard marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
For the past 25 years on WISH-TV’s Daybreak, Dick Wolfsie has lent his unique brand of wit and humor to the screen. His video essays and personal stories are unique to Indiana television. Many have been syndicated nationally.

After 30 years in Indianapolis, this former high school and college English teacher has netted over 10,000 hours of television. Wolfsie’s work in the media has earned him over
More about Dick Wolfsie...
Indiana Curiosities: Quirky Characters, Roadside Oddities, and Other Offbeat Stuff Dick Wolfsie's New Book: Longer, Funnier, Cheaper Barney: The Stray Beagle Who Became a TV Star and Stole Our Hearts Life in a Nutshell: A Nutty Look at Life, Marriage, TV, and Dogs Mopey Dick: Deep Thoughts from a Shallow Mind