Start by marking “Frühstück Mit Barneydie Wahre Geschichte Eines Aussergewöhnlichen Beagles” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Frühstück Mit Barneydi...
Dick Wolfsie

Frühstück Mit Barneydie Wahre Geschichte Eines Aussergewöhnlichen Beagles

"I enrolled Barney in obedience school. If I had known how being ‘bad’ would be part of his charm and would add to his success on camera, I might have given this more thought." — Dick Wolfsie

Television reporter Dick Wolfsie was walking out his front door on the way to the studio one wintry morning when he found a shivering beagle pup on his fr
288 pages
Published 2011 by Goldmann (first published February 1st 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about Frühstück Mit Barneydie Wahre Geschichte Eines Aussergewöhnlichen Beagles

Wendy Gray
Sep 30, 2016 Wendy Gray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touched my heart
Jul 01, 2012 Gary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Oh no," you must be thinking, "not ANOTHER dog book?!" Yes, heartwarming tales (see what I did there?) about canines are not in short supply (I've even been tempted to write one of my own), but Dick Wolfsie's "Mornings with Barney" connected with me on a number of levels:

1.) I'm a proud beagle-daddy to two representatives of this howling breed (one of who looks remarkably like Barney).

2.) I, too, work the local morning news shift, and sympathize/empathize with many of the observations the autho
Beverly McCall
Mornings with Barney is about David Wolfsie, a television reporter and Barney (a beagle). I gave this book four stars as I could relate to the many of Barney's antics (good and bad). It is endearing how Wolfsie captures his stumbling into the stranded puppy and its adoption. Raising such an energetic and challenging puppy is a monumental and stressful task, however, the benefits are rewarding.

I was particularly fascinated by the path that led to Barney's celebrity status as Wolfsie's television
Russ Cross
May 16, 2016 Russ Cross added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dog fans
I've was a fan of Dick Wolfsie even before he "acquired" Barney the Beagle. But after Barney started showing up on Dick's morning news segments, I found myself trying to watch them more often. It was early in the morning, after all.

I really enjoyed this book. It was a pleasure reliving Some of Dick and Barney's escapades. As someone once said, "I laughed, I cried... something something, I forget what comes next."

It was a wonderful book, full of good memories of a little beagle with a talent for
I had never heard of Barney until the cover caught my eye. Being a lover of animal stories the title made me want to read it. What an amazing dog and dog owner. Television reporter Dick Wolfsie opens his heart and soul, walking you through his life and adventures with Barney. Barney made such an impact with the TV views and a few non TV views. Highly recommend.
Apr 26, 2010 Beth/Chuck rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Christmas present from Matt & Keri. Interesting story of local celebrity Dick Wolfsie & canine partner Barney. Brings home the one thing I always say about pets, They don't live long enough!
Enjoyed reading about adventures on the air & at the State Fair.
Great book, reminded me of Dewey at times, but I really liked it. Very light easy read.

Mind you, it has not made me want to own a beagle for a pet, as much as I love Dogs. This book basically confirms all that I've ever heard about owning a beagle.
Joy C Jagiello
Apr 29, 2016 Joy C Jagiello rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breakfast with Barney

A mostly funny true life story of a reporter in Indy with his side kick, Barney who charmed the early morning TV audience. Definitely a light hearted charmer.
Lake County Public Library Indiana
"Who knew WISH TV in Indy has a canine star on it's morning show for 12 years. He warmed the hearts of his public and gave them something to look forward to when they had to get up in the morning."
Apr 30, 2009 Corky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Neat story of the bond between man and dog. Barney was a stray that was sitting on Dick Wolfsie's porch one moring when he went to work. Barney's big brown eyes found him a best friend and business partner as he and Dick went on to do news anchor spots for over a decade in Indianapolis.
Lynda Crum
Jun 01, 2016 Lynda Crum rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Barber's Story

What a wonderful story about a dog that makes you laugh with all his antics; and his owner/co-host on the morning news.
a light-hearted story and easy read, especially for dog lovers.
Now that I've finished it, I wish there were a sequel.
Colleen Rue
Oct 28, 2012 Colleen Rue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you loved "Marley and Me",and who did'nt,you'll love Barney's story!Like Marley,Barney was a mischeif maker.Like John GRogan,Mr. Wolfe works with the media.You'll find many similarities about both dogs!I recommend this book highly!!Go read Barney's story.You'll be glad you did!!!
Nancy Evans
Mr. Wolfs i.e. Meanders a bit in his tale time wise but, if you're a dog lover as I am all that really matters is the dog and the difference and love and companionship he/she has brought into your life. A good dog story.
Mildly amusing, but not very well written. The writing style is choppy. I wonder if Dick Wolfsie just compiled and edited some of his columns to create this book. At least it's short, so you won't waste too much time reading it.
Mar 16, 2010 Gerri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this to be a great story of Dick and his best friend and co-worker Barney. I think Barney really deserved to be called an extraordinary beagle. He truly touched so many people lives and seemed to enjoy every minute of it.

Oct 27, 2011 Kris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
nook book. A mildly entertaining story of a beagle found by a TV reporter who took the dog almost everywhere with him on location. The dog became immensely popular in central Indiana. There are some cute stories of the dog's shenanigans, typical of most untrained beagles.
Jun 28, 2016 maryann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is a wonderful story of Barney's life with the author. I wish I lived in Indiana when they were on tv. It is obvious it was written with love - and humor.
Kim Sparks
May 21, 2016 Kim Sparks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really cute book, easy read. It's ending is a tear jerker but overall it's a great 'feel good' story.
Nov 28, 2009 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this account of the life of a quirky beagle and his TV newsman owner. Not as good as Marley and Me but definitely a well written humorous saga of life with a mischievous,independent hound.
Earline Greer
Didn't finish

Gave this two stars because Barney was so cute. Otherwise the story didn't hold my interest. It was more about the author and his career than about Barney.
Erika Melrose
May 31, 2014 Erika Melrose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love this book!! I especially love the pizza incident! that beagles love food is a given but Barney took it a notch higher by also eating the pizza box!! now THATS impressive!!
Aug 16, 2014 Stefanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful story about a celebrity beagle and the people who loved him. My pup looks a lot like him (although, thank heaven, my guy is not nearly as mischievous).
Apr 28, 2014 Deborah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having found a stray beagle on the side of the road shortly before reading this book, I could relate to the author's tales of mayhem on the part of his beagle. Funny book that dog lovers must read.
Laurie Smith
Apr 30, 2016 Laurie Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book be forewarned it is a dog story. Barney the television dog warm hearted story of a reporter and his side kick for twelve years.
Ana Croxton
Apr 14, 2016 Ana Croxton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very satisfying and laugh out loud funny.

Ohhh now I want a beagle; do they make them just a little less naughty? What wonderful memories of a best friend.
Laurel Francis
Jul 31, 2016 Laurel Francis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. Such a great feel good story about your life. An be enriched by having a pet. This was a fast read.
Paul Feldman
Paul Feldman rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Anika rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Ana Costa
Ana Costa rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2014
Danae rated it did not like it
Jul 01, 2016
  • Fowl Weather
  • No Dogs in Heaven?: Scenes from the Life of a Country Veterinarian
  • Lessons from Tara: Life Advice from the World’s Most Brilliant Dog
  • Climbing High: A Woman's Account of Surviving the Everest Tragedy
  • Notes From The Firehouse: Seventeen Firefighting Stories From A Retired Firefighter
  • Howl: A Collection of the Best Contemporary Dog Wit
  • One Dog at a Time: Saving the Strays of Helmand - An Inspiring True Story
  • Katie Up and Down the Hall: The True Story of How One Dog Turned Five Neighbors into a Family
  • Love at First Bark: How Saving a Dog Can Sometimes Help You Save Yourself
  • Napkin Notes
  • Siesta Lane: A Year Unplugged, or, The Good Intentions of Ten People, Two Cats, One Old Dog, Eight Acres, One Telephone, Three Cars, and Twenty Miles to the Nearest Town
  • Sasha Extraordinary Dachshund
  • The Pet Psychic Diaries
For the past 25 years on WISH-TV’s Daybreak, Dick Wolfsie has lent his unique brand of wit and humor to the screen. His video essays and personal stories are unique to Indiana television. Many have been syndicated nationally.

After 30 years in Indianapolis, this former high school and college English teacher has netted over 10,000 hours of television. Wolfsie’s work in the media has earned him over
More about Dick Wolfsie...