Start by marking “Command and Control” as Want to Read:
Command and Control

Command and Control (Holding Out for A Hero #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  772 ratings  ·  46 reviews
He s afraid of losing his grip. She s about to untie his last knot

Holding Out for a Hero, Book 2

Megan Asher has a thriving career, looks, self-confidence to spare. It all means little without the love of her life. Trevor has returned from deployment in Afghanistan a haunted man, emotionally distant and unwilling to connect except in bed. Then even that fragile thread snaps
Published December 21st 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published November 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Command and Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Command and Control

Auntee
Jan 22, 2011 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic short stories featuring a military hero
Ummm...hotness. Trevor Wyatt is a military hero suffering from some PTS and survivor's guilt. Megan Asher is a smart, beautiful, feisty lawyer heroine who used to be his fiancée. It's been a year since they broke up, and both are miserable without the other. But Trevor hasn't been the same since he's returned from Afghanistan. He's dark, distant, and moody, and refuses to open up to Megan. Despite the out-of-this-world sex life they have, it's not enough if Trevor refuses to communicate with Meg ...more
Lady Heather
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

Trevor & Megan are GREAT together!

Their story was amazing to read.
When Trevor realized that "yes", he needed help dealing with what happened to him in Afghanistan.. and what he was putting his family and friends through

something beautiful

Megan.. your amazing!

Photobucket

Your willingness to 'submit' to Trevor (even if it was only in the bedroom) in order to give him back some control in his life that he felt he lost was beautiful, and the trust you had with him was humbling.

Trevor.. your a soldier, and
Maldivianbookreviewer

My first book by Shelli Stevens was Dangerous Grounds, the first book in the Seattle Steam series which I read long time back. But Dangerous Grounds has always lurked somewhere at the back of my mind as a book that I enjoyed immensely and I just might give in and revisit Gabe and Madison one of these days. So when I found out by following Ms. Stevens on Twitter that her latest release is all about a tortured hero who needs healing in all the ways possible, I didn’t hesitate to get myself a copy
Judi
What goes together better than peanut butter and jam? It’s a classic match made in heaven and that’s exactly what Trevor Wyatt and Megan Asher are. And just in case PB&J doesn’t do it for you...there’s always “marshmallow” close by if things get out of hand (read the book - you’ll get the reference).

Command and Control was a good second chance at love story for the oldest Wyatt brother Trevor. I love it when the hero is just a little bit bent and broken and needs to be healed by the love of
Katya
This is a nice emotional story of a couple who have been separated by issues which have been raised by the hero living through some very difficult combat deaths. I give it 3.25 stars.

This series is about a family of brothers from a small town. Trevor, the soldier, returned from war in Afghanistan, not quite himself. Once a happy, outgoing man, he returned distant, disconnected and withdrawn. His fiancee and family did everything to try to get him to open up and talk to them...or to get help but
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
I really enjoyed this. This is the 2nd in the series and Trevor and Megan were introduced in the first book, which gave a little of their background, so I would recommend reading them in order.

It was believable in how Trevor was portrayed. Their relationship was the main focus of the book, as opposed to outside factors like villains causing conflict which was refreshing. They both had to change and face some fears and realise their relationship could not go back to exactly how it was, as Trevor
Robin *loves sexy books*
this has been a great little series. the books are short but the characters have been great and drawn me in. that doesn't usually happen to me with short books. can't wait for the next one. kate and todd!!

i've really enjoyed this author. anyone looking for super hot, good characters, great sex won't be disappointed.
Jamie~Book Boyfriend Ho♥
This 2nd book in the Wyatt Brothers series was even hotter than the first one.. super sexy, extreamly steamy, a little bondage, spanking, floggers and blindfold thrown in.. yep, this one hit the spot. Many spots.. .haha!
Christina
I think I loved this one even better that the first book in this series. A great short, hot read. I loved the characters and the plot was better. I loved it. Totally hot hot hot and steamy! An awesome little read.
Dahlia (yadkny)
Jan 02, 2011 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Soldier Lovers
The oldest brother of the Wyatt clan is back in town, but this time things are going to be different.

Trevor has major emotional issues following a tour he'd done in Afghanistan. These issues have paralyzed him so deeply he couldn't even fight to hold on to his engagement to the one woman he'd wanted since he laid eyes on her. Now a year after she'd broken off their engagement he's determined to leave her be since he believes she deserves better than what he has left to offer. She has other ideas
Maija
Mar 11, 2012 Maija rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults
To tell the truth this book didn't reach my anticipations, because there was no real plot just a couple with a bunch of problems. The first book was a lot better and had more action in it.
After Trevor got hurt in Afghanistan he goes home, but he's not the same and has demons in him that he strugles with. And he does it by closing himself down from other around him, and Megan, his fiancee, is no exception.
And by closing his doors he looses Megan, but they both love each other strongly still. Even
Lela Whitus
Jan 14, 2012 Lela Whitus rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves A hero

Let me start by thanking Mrs. Stevens for creating a hero who is so beautifully written and poignant in todays times when we see so many men and women who are returning home after serving in battle and experiencing PTSD. Mrs. Stevens reminds us that even our heros need help occasionally, and not all scars are visible…

I admit that I enjoy a book better when I fall a little in love with the hero. Trevor Wyatt is that type of man, one you sigh over while simultaneously wishing you could smack him o
Judith
4.25 out of 5. Obviously stories about returning veterans from the Middle East conflict are becoming more plentiful, but some, like this one, are really gritty and down to earth. I felt so in touch with the feelings of these two main characters and once again was reminded at how much hell we expect our returning vets to "suck up" and then go back to their normal lives. Ain't going to happen, I'm afraid, and this story is a case in point. Going for counseling/treatment often feels like just anoth ...more
Reba Dom
Torn on this one. Great story line but no challenge at all for the girl to win over the guy. They got together on page ten and stayed that way til the end. Guess I like a little more drama and challenge in my stories.
CC
I liked it but the premise was hard. A year? Not a lover of second chance books, but this one was enjoyable.
Emmi
Another great addition to the series! Hot & sexy. I love these brothers and the ladies they fall for.

Trevor is riding the guilt train over a bad army op & insists he's no good for Megan. I hate it when men do that, but luckily Meghan knows what she want and has no problem using her sexual wiles to get it.

I'll be reading Todd's book when it's released in March.
Dmweston1979
This book seemed to be lacking and missing some vital pieces that I just felt like it wasn't totally believable. In fact it seemed to be underdeveloped as far as the plot and stories goes. I also would have liked to have seen the story develop over a period of time and the two main characters reconnect in a slower fashion.
Lori
3.75 stars. This is a tough one to rate for me. There were pieces I really loved, like Trevor's angst and his PTSD, and pieces I didn't love, such as the start of the "kidnap" scene. It felt awkward to me, and maybe it was supposed to.

But I really like Stevens' voice, and am looking forward to book 3!
Mspink
This is such a great idea for a series. I love the brothers and their little town. I enjoyed the first story better than this one. It had great potential but it felt a little rushed to me. I think it could have been a bit longer so we could really enjoy Megan and Trevor. I can't wait for Todd's story.
Farah
As good as the first book only the chemistry between Megan and Trevor was much more intense. The characters were equally strong and measured up to each other , it was nice seeing Megan challenging Trevor and breaking through his barriers. I enjoyed this book a lot.
Anna
This is actually a 3.5 star book. Mostly because it is pretty short. The chemistry between Trevor and Megan is pretty intense, and quite enjoyable. The reader is left with a lot of hope and I would like to read what will likely be Katie and Todd's story next.
Christy
I really liked this book and this series. I love the complicated relationship between the characters in this story, though most of it is inferred rather than being explicit. It's predictable, like the others in the series, but well-written and fast-paced and enjoyable.
Tina
This one didn't grab me very good it was ok but I was hoping for a bit more with the character development. I guess it is what it is, an OK short steamy read. It all fairness this series is the best of the short reads that I've read to date.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
Megan Asher is every thing that soldier Trevor Wyatt could every want. He has a struggle on his hands and the only way he fell that he can handle it is to push everyone away. All while Megan gets the bad end of the deal.
Tia
It seemed pretty average to me but at the same time still sweet. I loved that they added the whole BDSM concept in the novel, it changed it up and made it more erotic in my opinion.
Teresa
VERY HOT- four stars only because it's so short, I would have liked to read about those two for much longer. But a great read for sure, and I will read the other installments, too!
Vanessa
Absolutely loved this story. For a novella the author but so much love and detail into her characters. Shelli Stevens has just become one of my must read authors!
Guilty Pleasures
Good story. I probably would have liked it more, but there was a scene in here similar to one of my favorite author's books and it turned me off of this book some.
Natasza Waters
Love the war-torn-struggling-panty-melting guy novels. Shelli always writes with wit!
The pages of her novels always make it a little harder to breathe.

Natasza
  • Heat It Up (Out of Uniform, #4)
  • A Fine Specimen
  • Cop Appeal
  • Double Down (Vegas Top Guns, #1)
  • Jimmy (Red, Hot & Blue, #3)
  • Five Ways 'til Sunday (Delta Heat, #1)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Position Secured
  • Infatuation (A Little Harmless Military Romance, #1)
  • Take a Chance on Me
Shelli is a New York Times Bestselling Author who read her first romance novel when she snatched it off her mother's bookshelf at the age of eleven. One taste and she was forever hooked. It wasn't until many years later that she decided to pursue writing stories of her own. By then she acknowledged the voices in her head didn't make her crazy, they made her a writer.

Shelli currently lives in the P
More about Shelli Stevens...

Holding Out for A Hero (4 books)
  • Going Down (Holding Out for A Hero, #1)
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • Love Me Knot (Holding Out For a Hero, #4)
Dangerous Grounds (Seattle Steam, #1) Going Down (Holding Out for A Hero, #1) Good Girl Gone Plaid (The McLaughlins, #1) Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3) Negligee Behavior