Start by marking “Command and Control (Holding out for a Hero, #2)” as Want to Read:
Command and Control (Holding out for a Hero, #2)

Command and Control (Holding Out for A Hero #2)

He s afraid of losing his grip. She s about to untie his last knot

Holding Out for a Hero, Book 2

Megan Asher has a thriving career, looks, self-confidence to spare. It all means little without the love of her life. Trevor has returned from deployment in Afghanistan a haunted man, emotionally distant and unwilling to connect except in bed. Then even that fragile thread snaps
Published December 21st 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published November 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Command and Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Command and Control

Auntee
Jan 18, 2011 Auntee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic short stories featuring a military hero
Ummm...hotness. Trevor Wyatt is a military hero suffering from some PTS and survivor's guilt. Megan Asher is a smart, beautiful, feisty lawyer heroine who used to be his fiancée. It's been a year since they broke up, and both are miserable without the other. But Trevor hasn't been the same since he's returned from Afghanistan. He's dark, distant, and moody, and refuses to open up to Megan. Despite the out-of-this-world sex life they have, it's not enough if Trevor refuses to communicate with Meg ...more
Lady Heather
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

Trevor & Megan are GREAT together!

Their story was amazing to read.
When Trevor realized that "yes", he needed help dealing with what happened to him in Afghanistan.. and what he was putting his family and friends through

something beautiful

Megan.. your amazing!

Photobucket

Your willingness to 'submit' to Trevor (even if it was only in the bedroom) in order to give him back some control in his life that he felt he lost was beautiful, and the trust you had with him was humbling.

Trevor.. your a soldier, and
MBR

My first book by Shelli Stevens was Dangerous Grounds, the first book in the Seattle Steam series which I read long time back. But Dangerous Grounds has always lurked somewhere at the back of my mind as a book that I enjoyed immensely and I just might give in and revisit Gabe and Madison one of these days. So when I found out by following Ms. Stevens on Twitter that her latest release is all about a tortured hero who needs healing in all the ways possible, I didn’t hesitate to get myself a copy
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
I really enjoyed this. This is the 2nd in the series and Trevor and Megan were introduced in the first book, which gave a little of their background, so I would recommend reading them in order.

It was believable in how Trevor was portrayed. Their relationship was the main focus of the book, as opposed to outside factors like villains causing conflict which was refreshing. They both had to change and face some fears and realise their relationship could not go back to exactly how it was, as Trevor
Raine
Great story with the oldest Wyatt brother, Trevor, who has lost his fiancee, Megan, because he pushed her away over a year ago. He realizes he wants her back when he thinks she's moved on and is getting married. The sex scenes were hot but I felt that Trevor was a bit of a macho jerk who was a complete asshole to Megan because of his issue.
Erika

Didn't like it as much as the first book, but still worth the time to read!
Judi
What goes together better than peanut butter and jam? It’s a classic match made in heaven and that’s exactly what Trevor Wyatt and Megan Asher are. And just in case PB&J doesn’t do it for you...there’s always “marshmallow” close by if things get out of hand (read the book - you’ll get the reference).

Command and Control was a good second chance at love story for the oldest Wyatt brother Trevor. I love it when the hero is just a little bit bent and broken and needs to be healed by the love of
Katya
This is a nice emotional story of a couple who have been separated by issues which have been raised by the hero living through some very difficult combat deaths. I give it 3.25 stars.

This series is about a family of brothers from a small town. Trevor, the soldier, returned from war in Afghanistan, not quite himself. Once a happy, outgoing man, he returned distant, disconnected and withdrawn. His fiancee and family did everything to try to get him to open up and talk to them...or to get help but
Darcy
Jan 28, 2016 Darcy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As much as I liked the first book, this one not so much. I didn't like how Trevor acted around Megan. It annoyed me that Trevor knew his actions pushed Megan away, yet he was annoyed when he heard there might be a new man in her life. I also didn't like how Megan let Trevor walk all over her. It also seemed like the BDSM stuff was thrown in for no reason.

The one bright spot was the bachelorette party. It really got out of control and seemed really fun!
Robin *loves sexy books*
this has been a great little series. the books are short but the characters have been great and drawn me in. that doesn't usually happen to me with short books. can't wait for the next one. kate and todd!!

i've really enjoyed this author. anyone looking for super hot, good characters, great sex won't be disappointed.
Christina
Jan 28, 2013 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic
I think I loved this one even better that the first book in this series. A great short, hot read. I loved the characters and the plot was better. I loved it. Totally hot hot hot and steamy! An awesome little read.
Jamie
Jan 22, 2013 Jamie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This 2nd book in the Wyatt Brothers series was even hotter than the first one.. super sexy, extreamly steamy, a little bondage, spanking, floggers and blindfold thrown in.. yep, this one hit the spot. Many spots.. .haha!
Dahlia (yadkny)
Jan 02, 2011 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Soldier Lovers
The oldest brother of the Wyatt clan is back in town, but this time things are going to be different.

Trevor has major emotional issues following a tour he'd done in Afghanistan. These issues have paralyzed him so deeply he couldn't even fight to hold on to his engagement to the one woman he'd wanted since he laid eyes on her. Now a year after she'd broken off their engagement he's determined to leave her be since he believes she deserves better than what he has left to offer. She has other ideas
Lela Whitus
Jan 07, 2012 Lela Whitus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves A hero

Let me start by thanking Mrs. Stevens for creating a hero who is so beautifully written and poignant in todays times when we see so many men and women who are returning home after serving in battle and experiencing PTSD. Mrs. Stevens reminds us that even our heros need help occasionally, and not all scars are visible…

I admit that I enjoy a book better when I fall a little in love with the hero. Trevor Wyatt is that type of man, one you sigh over while simultaneously wishing you could smack him o
Maija
Mar 11, 2012 Maija rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults
To tell the truth this book didn't reach my anticipations, because there was no real plot just a couple with a bunch of problems. The first book was a lot better and had more action in it.
After Trevor got hurt in Afghanistan he goes home, but he's not the same and has demons in him that he strugles with. And he does it by closing himself down from other around him, and Megan, his fiancee, is no exception.
And by closing his doors he looses Megan, but they both love each other strongly still. Even
Deanna Sauer
Aug 03, 2015 Deanna Sauer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second in the series, but could be read standalone. I did read the first book, and only started this one because the end of the first book enticed me into it.
It was a nice short, easy read.
Nothing too serious or emotional.
The writing was 3rd person.
The story line was easy to follow with enough detail to keep interesting, but help you get to know & like the secondary characters (which the next books focus on) but not super intense plot wise. The characters were likeable with great chemistr
Judith
Dec 31, 2011 Judith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 out of 5. Obviously stories about returning veterans from the Middle East conflict are becoming more plentiful, but some, like this one, are really gritty and down to earth. I felt so in touch with the feelings of these two main characters and once again was reminded at how much hell we expect our returning vets to "suck up" and then go back to their normal lives. Ain't going to happen, I'm afraid, and this story is a case in point. Going for counseling/treatment often feels like just anoth ...more
Brutally Honest
Dec 23, 2015 Brutally Honest rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Excuse me while I vomit behind these potted plants...

Actually, that's not quite fair. But in general, the men in this series are stuck up assholes. They do not respect the women, are full of contradictions and double standards, and are generally just... jerks. The women in this series have either no self-respect, or are just plain stupid. The first book was quite charming, this one had its moments, but the next one is just one big gross disaster of grossness. Save yourself and stop reading now.
Lori
Apr 03, 2011 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars. This is a tough one to rate for me. There were pieces I really loved, like Trevor's angst and his PTSD, and pieces I didn't love, such as the start of the "kidnap" scene. It felt awkward to me, and maybe it was supposed to.

But I really like Stevens' voice, and am looking forward to book 3!
Emmi
Jan 20, 2011 Emmi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
Another great addition to the series! Hot & sexy. I love these brothers and the ladies they fall for.

Trevor is riding the guilt train over a bad army op & insists he's no good for Megan. I hate it when men do that, but luckily Meghan knows what she want and has no problem using her sexual wiles to get it.

I'll be reading Todd's book when it's released in March.
Mspink
Aug 08, 2010 Mspink rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a great idea for a series. I love the brothers and their little town. I enjoyed the first story better than this one. It had great potential but it felt a little rushed to me. I think it could have been a bit longer so we could really enjoy Megan and Trevor. I can't wait for Todd's story.
Dmweston1979
This book seemed to be lacking and missing some vital pieces that I just felt like it wasn't totally believable. In fact it seemed to be underdeveloped as far as the plot and stories goes. I also would have liked to have seen the story develop over a period of time and the two main characters reconnect in a slower fashion.
Stefanie Thompson
Saucy

Megan is a stunning fiery tempered red head. Trevor is back from Afghanistan and living in his own private hell. The two together burn up the sheets! I can't wait to read how Kate wrangles the last of the Wyatt men!
Farah
Aug 07, 2013 Farah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books, favorite-books
As good as the first book only the chemistry between Megan and Trevor was much more intense. The characters were equally strong and measured up to each other , it was nice seeing Megan challenging Trevor and breaking through his barriers. I enjoyed this book a lot.
Tina
This one didn't grab me very good it was ok but I was hoping for a bit more with the character development. I guess it is what it is, an OK short steamy read. It all fairness this series is the best of the short reads that I've read to date.
Anna
Apr 17, 2013 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This is actually a 3.5 star book. Mostly because it is pretty short. The chemistry between Trevor and Megan is pretty intense, and quite enjoyable. The reader is left with a lot of hope and I would like to read what will likely be Katie and Todd's story next.
Reba Dom
Torn on this one. Great story line but no challenge at all for the girl to win over the guy. They got together on page ten and stayed that way til the end. Guess I like a little more drama and challenge in my stories.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Megan Asher is every thing that soldier Trevor Wyatt could every want. He has a struggle on his hands and the only way he fell that he can handle it is to push everyone away. All while Megan gets the bad end of the deal.
Christy
Aug 08, 2012 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book and this series. I love the complicated relationship between the characters in this story, though most of it is inferred rather than being explicit. It's predictable, like the others in the series, but well-written and fast-paced and enjoyable.
Alyssa
Feb 17, 2014 Alyssa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
3.5.
  • Position Secured
  • Heat of the Night (Out of Uniform, #5)
  • Five Ways 'til Sunday (Delta Heat, #1)
  • Cop Appeal
  • Jimmy (Red, Hot & Blue, #3)
  • A Fine Specimen
  • Double Down (Vegas Top Guns, #1)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Infatuation (A Little Harmless Military Romance, #1)
  • My Favorite Mistake (Tahoe Nights, #2)
  • Take a Chance on Me
  • Hot for Santa (Hot in the City, #5)
  • Do You Trust Me?
  • Mending Hearts (The American Soldier Collection, #11)
  • Kiss Me, Kate (The Madison Stories, #1)
  • Roped And Ready (Quicksilver Ranch, #1)
Shelli is a New York Times Bestselling Author who read her first romance novel when she snatched it off her mother's bookshelf at the age of eleven. One taste and she was forever hooked. It wasn't until many years later that she decided to pursue writing stories of her own. By then she acknowledged the voices in her head didn't make her crazy, they made her a writer.

Shelli currently lives in the P
More about Shelli Stevens...

Holding Out for A Hero (4 books)
  • Going Down (Holding Out for A Hero, #1)
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • Love Me Knot (Holding Out For a Hero, #4)