Start by marking “The Moonlight Brigade (Millennial #2)” as Want to Read:
The Moonlight Brigade (Millennial #2)

The Moonlight Brigade (Millennial #2)

When a vital member of the British millennials' mission goes missing after an intense firefight with Nazi-supported vampire hunters, Mors, the mission's powerful leader, vows to discover the truth behind his disappearance. The perilous search takes Mors from Berlin to his own ancient stomping grounds—Rome.

Mors was once one of the Roman Republic's greatest generals—until hi
Published August 2nd 2011 by St. Martin's Griffin

Nathan
Feb 10, 2011 Nathan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2011
After nearly an agonizing year's wait, I couldn't dive into this book quickly enough. The 2nd installment of Sarah-Jane Stratford's Millennial trilogy, it takes up the fascinating story of Mors and his part in the vampire tribunal's quest to thwart Hitler's thirst for world domination. We were teased with bits about Mors in Stratford's first book--The Midnight Guardian--to the point of near disappointment he wasn't more of a focal character; a miss thankfully rectified here.

Mors is a true bad-bo
Amanda Kirk
Jul 30, 2011 Amanda Kirk rated it it was amazing
Readers who loved the sexy, cheeky & urbane vampire Mors in "The Midnight Guardian" will be tickled to see him as the lead character in "The Moonlight Brigade." But you don't have to have read the first novel to appreciate Mors' adventures in this one. In terms of time, the story does pick up shortly after "Midnight Guardian" ends but, it is not a sequel in the strictest sense. Mors is definitely his own man--er, vampire, and his romances, friendships, and battles against the Nazis have a fr ...more
Wendy
I REALLY enjoyed this story... 4.5 stars.

I see now how the chapters play off of each other, with each chapter switching between the history of Mors, and the modern plot line.

The writing is fluid and beautiful. I like that there are fantasy elements, yet doesn't feel like a 'typical' paranormal knockoff of something popular.

I should also clarify what I mentioned in a status update. A friend thought I was insulting this book by saying it was slightly less caliber than Anne Rice.

I never meant i
Kimberly
Aug 16, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Warning: Do not begin reading this book unless you have cleared your calendar for the weekend. It could cause your friends to become perturbed if you sneak the book out at the bar for just one more chapter.

Sarah-Jane is a master of blending history, action and beautiful writing with good ole sex appeal of the main character, Mors. It's a wonderfully written story, much like the first novel, in which those that some think are evil are actually more human than human. I can't wait for the next inst
Karol
Sep 11, 2011 Karol rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I am a third of the way through this book, and the style is seamless, muscular, provocative, and funny. I had a hard time with the opening chapter because of the bare inhumanity of the Nazis, but once I swallowed that pill I discovered that this millennial vampire Mors was the man to take them. He is an anti-hero, a total bad boy who's fallen in love with the fiercely beautiful and human Giulia, a resistance fighter in Mussolini's Italy. Mors had been a great general is the Roman Empire, and he' ...more
Marilyn Clement
Jan 10, 2012 Marilyn Clement rated it it was amazing
This is the best Vampire book I have read in years, a suspense-packed adventure story. The book floats in history with the development of Mors, a Vampire made in Roman times to the current adventure set in Europe during WWII.
I did not read The Midnight Guardian, but this book can stand on it's own.
Lynn
Aug 08, 2011 Lynn marked it as to-read
This is a must read for me! The first book was a great mix of vampire and alternate history. With this book the focus is on Mors, a character I really want to know more about after the first book!
Rebekah
My kindergartener wanted to get me a Christmas present and my sister helped her pick. Yes, I do have a tendency to read and enjoy vampire stories. Not all of course but I enjoy seeing how the mythologies differ between authors.

As for this story, it's set in WWII, a time a used to love reading about. It does spend more time in Italy than Germany which is a nice change for me, I don't know much about Fascism. It also explores the main characters vampiric history through the ages. I didn't find th
D. Eric
Sep 16, 2011 D. Eric rated it really liked it
This book will keep you reading for more. Not just a sequel to "The Midnight Guardian," TMB also tells the background story of the lead vampire Mors. I found this to be the most interesting aspect of the book. As it was interwoven within the tale of the next Millenial vampire mission to stop the Nazis, Mors' creation really kept me wanting more. I did not find the mission part of the story quite as captivating, but it, too, held my interest.

There were a couple of bothersome things, the main one
Jens Kuhn
Apr 11, 2013 Jens Kuhn rated it really liked it
Finally got to reading this book to which I had been looking forward to after greatly having enjoyed The Midnight Guardian. This one reads just as well and kept me hooked all the way through. I was a bit worried that the frequent shifts to Mors' past would annoy me after a while as I remembered that being a bit of a downside in the prequel, but this time they didn't.

The only thing is I'm not entirely sure if I like the ending, it felt a bit like it came on too quickly, as if the author had reac
Larry
Nov 12, 2011 Larry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book as a Good Reads giveaway. This book held my interest by switching between the time of the story (World War II) and the history of the main millennial vampire, Mors. The story travels from Berlin to Rome and the development of a partisan fighting group to support the ouster of Mussolini and the return of a republic to Italy. The story describes vampires as a society with interests and desires similar to humans, and the desire to assist in their way to achieve the outcome they ...more
Oct 23, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it
Recommended to Jennifer by: Goodreads Giveaway
This was definitely an enjoyable read. I liked the main character Mors though I found Giulia left a little to be desired, this book had romance but it was all steam no fire. BUT what I loved about this book was the blend of story and history, Stratford does a wonderful job with this. Its a good read but I think for my tastes I would need to read the first book in the series to truly appreciate the story trying to be told; sort of a stand alone novel.
Traci
Oct 24, 2011 Traci rated it it was amazing
If I had to write a one word review, it would be "MmmmmmmmMors". But then, I do love a vampire who is simply thrilled with his lot in life. If he also hates Nazis and really really wants to drive a tank, all the better.

I love Sarah Jane's writing style; her love of history really informs the mood and tone of the story. I sit here with crossed fingers that this series is at least a trilogy.
Ruth
Dec 29, 2011 Ruth rated it liked it
It was not what I was expecting. But over all it was good.
Philip Stearns
This is the second book in a fun series.
Lisa Barrett
Feb 13, 2012 Lisa Barrett rated it it was amazing
The story continues and I want book #3 :)
Kim Higdon
Kim Higdon rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2011
Stephen Smith
Stephen Smith rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2015
Marisa McClellan
Marisa McClellan rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Jon
Jon rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2012
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2011
BL834
BL834 rated it really liked it
May 25, 2013
Jafar Ali
Jafar Ali rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2011
Cepowell143
Cepowell143 rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2014
Lisadcwrites
Lisadcwrites rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2012
Jennww2ns
Jennww2ns rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2012
Nicola
Nicola rated it it was ok
Jun 26, 2014
Sherrye Nichols
Sherrye Nichols rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2011
ML
ML rated it it was ok
Sep 20, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2011
  • The Man in the Cinder Clouds
  • The Wild Side: Urban Fantasy with an Erotic Edge
  • Chew, Vol. 11: The Last Suppers
  • Desdaemona (Desdaemona,#1)
  • The Traitor's Daughter (The Veiled Isles Trilogy, #1)
  • Hot or Not: : How to Know If Your Business Idea Will Fly or Fail
  • Lightland: A Soul's Journey
  • Discordia (The Inferno Trilogy, #1)
  • The Best American Erotic Poems: From 1800 to the Present
  • The Accidental Senator, Vol 1 in the Accidental President , A Political Fable for Our Time
  • The Goose That Laid the Golden Egg: Accutane - The Truth That Had to Be Told
  • Merciful Angel (Marquetti Amore, #1)
  • The Lost Finder
  • The Viking's Sacrifice
  • The Choir Boats (Longing for Yount #1)
  • Wrath-Bearing Tree (A Tournament of Shadows, #2)
  • The Soul Saver
  • Crave
Sarah-Jane Stratford grew up in Los Angeles with a deep love of theatre and literature. After earning a bachelor's degree in history at UC Santa Cruz, she then obtained a master's degree in medieval history at the University of York in England, where she wrote a thesis about women in the manorial court system which gave her a new appreciation for the modern era.

On moving to New York, she wrote her
More about Sarah-Jane Stratford...

Millennial (2 books)
  • The Midnight Guardian (Millennial #1)