Start by marking “Tears of the Moon” as Want to Read:
Tears of the Moon

Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore #2)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  20,479 ratings  ·  425 reviews
A talented songwriter, Shawn Gallagher spends his days lost in reverie and wonder, oblivious to the wiles of women and the ways of the world. He claims that he's content with his life, but his music tells a different story�one of loneliness and desperate longing�

No one understands why Shawn doesn't put his musical gift to profitable use�least of all Brenna O'Toole, a fierc
Audio
Published July 4th 2000 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Tears of the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tears of the Moon

Shannon (Twilight Sleep)
I am NOT a big romance fan...but I am a big fan of most things Celtic. I actually read this series a while back - I discovered them in the Honor section of my local library and when I realized the plots took place in Ireland, I decided to borrow them. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of romantic novels, but I have read enough of them to be able to say that this is the only series of the genre that has really stuck with me (except maybe the Three Sisters Island trilogy by the same author). Roberts ...more
Gloria
This one... As hard as it may seem, it's even better that Jewels of the Sun. Nora keeps excelling herself. It was so good I finished it in one day. So good, i'll probably re-read... in very short notice.

If Aidan and Jude were cute and flammable... Shawn and Brenna are simply sensational and so flammable it turned out explosive. I mean a dreamer and a doer... They are faded to collide. To complete the mixture add a since-infants friendship. Really, Nora could go wrong, but as her usual way hand
Britt
I love the magic associated with this book. Not the type of spell casting magic but the kind that produces jewels out of no where, the kind that brings people together, and the kind that makes people stay on earth long after they have meant to left.
Cata
"As Lágrimas da Lua" é o segundo volume da Trilogia Irlandesa. Desta vez traz-nos a história de Shawn Gallagher e Brenna O'Toole.

Shawn e Brenna conhecem-se desde sempre. Mas agora, dez anos após Brenna ter começado a sentir uma atracção por Shawn, ela ganha coragem e faz uma proposta a Shawn que mudará tudo...

Este livro proporcionou-me bons momentos e umas boas gargalhadas. É impossível não nos rirmos com as picardias entre os protagonistas e não gostar do choque de personalidades. Eles são tão
Patti
This trilogy was an engrossing read for me. I was happy to have #2, “Tears of the Moon”, at hand when #1 was finished. I enjoyed finding out what fate and the magical mind of faerie Prince Carrick and Lady Gwen had in store for the lovely Brenna and Shawn. Of course we know they would end up together, but just how would it all play out and how would it affect the quest of Prince Carrick for his lost love of three hundred years.

I cared for the ‘alive’ characters, and also the eternal faerie prin
Devina
Nov 08, 2011 Devina rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nora Roberts fans,People who are interested in Ireland
Recommended to Devina by: Amazon
I liked Tears of the Moon a bit better than Jewels of the Sun, maybe it's because Brenna had rubbed off on me from the very start!We share the tomboyish nature but I must say she has a considerably harder head than I do or I just might be lying to myself.

Carrick sure had his work cut out for him with those two,them being Shawn and Brenna, enough said.The love was already there between them but they never realized that it was really love and not just love you feel to a childhood chum.They both ha
Traci
So, three stars, for a book that I was actually enjoying up to the very abrupt ending that was monumentally uncool.

(view spoiler)
Jacob Proffitt
In the second of the Gallaghers of Ardmore series, we get Shawn and Brenna. These two have known each other forever and Brenna has been all wistful about Shawn for long enough that she’s kind of getting tired of it. Indeed, it was noticeable in the first book, Jewels of the Sun, though not smack-you-in-the-face obvious or cloying. In this one, she’s had enough and decides to seize the moment with predictably interesting results.

Roberts does a fantastic job giving us the weight of their history w
Vallsykes
This book was my fave of the trilogy. Having read Nora Roberts for about ten years now, I have come to know her plots, craftiness and penchant for trilogies! This Irish trilogy is one of my top five written by Roberts.

I love the two main characters Sean and Brenna (the gorgeous artist and the tomboy). They are the middle characters of the trilogy that surprises---Brenna,the son her father never had, with her bushel of sisters, and Sean,the devil-may-care middle child, one of the three Gallagher
LaFleurBleue
It was obvious to me from the first book that Brenna had something for Shawn. And I was wondering how this little something could end up filling a whole book.
This book started like lightning, when Brenna proposed herself to Shawn in a decisively unromantic and pragmatic way. I really liked the way both characters personalities complemented but contrasted to the other and how the constraints of a rural highly catholic small town influenced their behaviors. Both of them changed or at least learnt
Juliana
(3.5 stars) Not as good as the first book in this trilogy, Jewels of the Sun, but still an enjoyable and pleasant read. Thought I would really like it, because Shawn and Brenna's antagonistic friendship in the previous book was fun to watch, but didn't end up being as satisfying as I was anticipating. It was worth the read, though, and shouldn't be passed up if reading the full trilogy.
Filipa
É uma história muito gira e doce. Temos o lado mais mágico (ou não teria como cenário a Irlanda) que não é demasiado usual na NR.
É bom para desanuviar.
E gostei muito do casal.
Embora a história do irmão do Aidan, o Shawn esteja melhor conseguida.
No entanto esta vertente mais fantasista denota uma imaginação rica, com um enredo bem construído e ponderado.
Um final nada apressado, como às vezes se repara nas obras da autora.
Fani
I liked the book, loved the atmosphere, but in the end I had some problems with a couple of the heroine's decisions. Besides, since I could never love a man I could not respect, I was kind of hesitant to accept the heroine's love for the hero. Who, I must add, is one of the least memorable I've read about by Nora Roberts. Still, an enjoyable read that flowed easily by.
Allison (The Allure of Books)
I don’t believe in “guilty pleasure” reading because: hello, I don’t feel guilty about anything I read. But I bet anyone that uses the term frequently would definitely say The Irish Trilogy by Nora Roberts classifies…

Seriously you guys, I have reread these books so. many. times. Mostly when I was in high school, but still. They are constant fall-back comfort reads to this day.

Jewels of the Sun brings Jude Murray to Ireland. She is recently divorced and in need of a break from her life. She certa
Alex is The Romance Fox
Tears of the Moon is the 2nd book in Nora Robert’s Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy and Carrick, the Prince of the Fairies is now working on the next couple to find true love after being successful in uniting Aiden & Jude in book 1, Jewels of the Sun.

Shawn, the beautiful and gorgeous brother, is the chef in the family’s pub but its music that fills his heart. He has composed many songs which he has done nothing about being recorded and that’s where Brenna O’Toole, the sassy and no nonsense red-
Maria
I love the idea of Brenna's cap. I didn't realize what it was in Jewels of the Sun, but now I have a definite idea of it. One of those 1920 caps newspaper boys wore. Patterned gray or dark beige. Perhaps even navy blue.

I enjoyed seeing the typical gender roles reversed. Shawn cooking, Brenna fixing things up… clobbering him metaphorically whenever he wasn't moving along to her satisfaction… poking and prodding and pushing. She's a bit like me in that respect… the poking and the prodding.

I also
Cátia Santos
Uma história com todos os ingredientes caracteristicos da Nora Roberts mas com um elemento que dá um toque especial - magia, o que faz sentido visto que o cenário deste livro é na Irlanda.
Foi uma história doce sobre dois amigos de longa data que acabam por perceber que nutrem sentimentos muito fortes um pelo outro e não meramente uma simples atracção.
Gostei que em primeiro lugar os protagonistas fossem amigos e só depois um casal, já para mim a amizade é um dos pilares fundamentais numa relaçã
Tempo de Ler
{Blog} http://tempodler.blogspot.pt/2012/07/...

Este segundo volume da «Trilogia Irlandesa» foi o meu preferido de entre os três, especialmente decido ao conflituoso e caricato par romântico que toma a liderança na continuação da história: Brenna O'Toole e Shawn Gallagher.

Entre diálogos cómicos e situações hilariantes, afeiçoamo-nos cada vez mais aos irmãos Gallagher e a quem os rodeia - um vasto leque de personagens vívidas e convictas.

Um romanve no seu sentido mais puro e encantador. Nora deix
Carina
A relative gave my mother a number of books to read and my mother, knowing I tend to devour books, let me have first pick of them. This is one of the books I grabbed as I have read (or think I have read) some other books by Nora Roberts and got on with them all right.

I didn't realise at first that this was the second in a series, you don't need to have read the first one to get what is happening here, nor has this made me want to read the third. Apart from the fairy lord and his lady love I don'
Duncan Mandel
With over one hundred and twelve million books in print and forty-two New York Times bestsellers to date, Nora Roberts is indisputably the most celebrated and loved women's fiction writer today. Tears of the Moon is her second book in the enchanting Irish trilogy featuring the Gallagher siblings of Ardmore, Ireland. In this splendid story Nora Roberts evokes a land filled with magic, music and myth, and captures the secret dreams and enduring passions of three extraordinary siblings. A talented ...more
Blandine
De nouveau Nora Roberts m'a fait rêver et m'a emmener dans en Irlande !

Ce deuxième tome, nous fait découvrir Shawn, le frère d'Aidan, et Brenna une de leur amie d'enfance. Shawn est un rêveur, il aime composer de la musique, et cuisiner au bar de sa famille, mais il ne prend jamais de grandes décisions quand à son avenir, ce qui pourrait le faire passer pour un paresseux. Brenna est une jeune femme pétillante et pleine de vie, qui aime réparer et construire. Elle s'habille toujours comme un garç
Ann Boytim
Second book in the trilogy. The Gallagher family lives in the village of Ardmore in Ireland and life revolves around the village pub where Adrian, Shawn and Darcy have their daily set to's. Adrian is recently married to Jude an american who came to the village to live in a relatives's cottage. A ghost lives in this cottage and now Shawn lives there and finally sees her but first sees the other ghost Carrick of the fairies., Ireland has lots of legends and Carrick and Gwen are among them. Gwen ap ...more
Tameka
Holds up even better during a reread. I love the notion of friends falling for each other, and these two were such lively additions to the first book, it was enjoyable to watch them stumble towards each other. Special shoutout to Mollie O'Toole, Brenna's mother who is one of my favorite NR secondary characters ever.
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Brenna O'Toole can't figure out Shawn Gallagher for the life her much less why he's such a blockhead. Brenna sees Shawn wasting his musical talent for no good reason or sense either. Shawn is a dreamer and slow to move fast than snail's pace. He's happy with things the way they are now for him. He's always seen Brenna as stalwart friend but he's never thought of her as woman wants to be thought of. Brenna surprises herself with her daring by asking Shawn to have sex with her no strings attached ...more
Zwart Raafje
In tegenstelling tot broer Aidan en zus Darcy voelt Shawn geen sprankeltje reislust. Hij heeft nu eenmaal niet de drang om op verkenning te gaan. Hij is gelukkig, niet omdat hij volgens sommige mensen niet ver genoeg kijkt, maar omdat alles wat hem gelukkig maakt zich vlakbij bevindt. De zee, de keuken waar hij zijn creativiteit kan uitleven en zijn muziek, die vlotter als woorden uit hem lijkt te stromen.

Brenna O'Toole is ook gelukkig met haar leven in Ardmore. Ze doet haar werk graag, houdt va
Kate
My reaction to this book is just: d’awwwww! I enjoyed Shawn & Brenna’s story more than the first, both are such fun characters. Can’t wait to read Darcy’s book next!
L.C. Lavado
Gostei da história, foi um bom romane de tarde de Verão, Nora Roberts sempre ao estilo que nos habituou :)
Sara
Gostei... Deliciei-me com a história. Mas o 1º livro foi o meu favorito :)
Rachelbpg
Stupid romance novel. that I love. So much.
Jennie
I liked this one even more than the first.
Looking for Tears of the Moon (Nora Roberts) 10 64 Aug 10, 2013 09:41PM
  • Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12)
  • Pearl Cove (Donovan, #3)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...

“Ireland is a land of poets and legends, of dreamers and rebels. All of these have music woven through and around them. Tunes for dancing or for weeping, for battle or for love.” 178 likes
“You don't fix a man the way you do a fault in a pipe or a leak in a roof. You take him as he is, Mary Brenna, or you don't take him at all...adjustments can't be all made on one side, darling, else the balance goes off and what's being built just falls down.” 104 likes