Start by marking “Tears of the Moon” as Want to Read:
Tears of the Moon

Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore #2)

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  24,545 Ratings  ·  533 Reviews
A talented songwriter, Shawn Gallagher spends his days lost in reverie and wonder, oblivious to the wiles of women and the ways of the world. He claims that he's content with his life, but his music tells a different story - one of loneliness and desperate longing. . .

No one understands why Shawn doesn't put his musical gift to profitable use - least of all Brenna O'Toole,
Audio, Abridged
Published July 4th 2000 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Tears of the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tears of the Moon

TL
Mar 20, 2015 TL rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
“Ah, kiss me, love, and miss me, love,
and dry your bitter tears. (Irish Pub Song)”

First book Jewels of the Sun, Jude and Aidan's book

Once again, we are drawn into the beauty of Ireland, Gallagher's Pub, and our friends in the Gallagher and O'Toole clans, plus the other quirky people of Ardmore Bay.

Now it's Shawn and Brenna's turn... their journey isn't a smooth one, both are stubborn to a fault. Shaun's a dreamer and does things in his own way and smart as a whip. Brenna's smart as well, fiery
Gloria
Mar 27, 2014 Gloria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one... As hard as it may seem, it's even better that Jewels of the Sun. Nora keeps excelling herself. It was so good I finished it in one day. So good, i'll probably re-read... in very short notice.

If Aidan and Jude were cute and flammable... Shawn and Brenna are simply sensational and so flammable it turned out explosive. I mean a dreamer and a doer... They are faded to collide. To complete the mixture add a since-infants friendship. Really, Nora could go wrong, but as her usual way hand
Shannon (Twilight Sleep)
I am NOT a big romance fan...but I am a big fan of most things Celtic. I actually read this series a while back - I discovered them in the Honor section of my local library and when I realized the plots took place in Ireland, I decided to borrow them. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of romantic novels, but I have read enough of them to be able to say that this is the only series of the genre that has really stuck with me (except maybe the Three Sisters Island trilogy by the same author). Roberts ...more
Vallsykes
This book was my fave of the trilogy. Having read Nora Roberts for about ten years now, I have come to know her plots, craftiness and penchant for trilogies! This Irish trilogy is one of my top five written by Roberts.

Edited and Updated 5/22/15

I love the two main characters Sean and Brenna (the gorgeous artist and the tomboy). They are the middle characters of the trilogy that surprisingly made me connect the most. There's Brenna,the son her father never had, with her crowd of sisters. Then the
Britt
Apr 06, 2009 Britt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, nora-roberts, romance
I love the magic associated with this book. Not the type of spell casting magic but the kind that produces jewels out of no where, the kind that brings people together, and the kind that makes people stay on earth long after they have meant to left.
Devina
Nov 08, 2011 Devina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nora Roberts fans,People who are interested in Ireland
Recommended to Devina by: Amazon
I liked Tears of the Moon a bit better than Jewels of the Sun, maybe it's because Brenna had rubbed off on me from the very start!We share the tomboyish nature but I must say she has a considerably harder head than I do or I just might be lying to myself.

Carrick sure had his work cut out for him with those two,them being Shawn and Brenna, enough said.The love was already there between them but they never realized that it was really love and not just love you feel to a childhood chum.They both ha
Patti
Feb 15, 2013 Patti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This trilogy was an engrossing read for me. I was happy to have #2, “Tears of the Moon”, at hand when #1 was finished. I enjoyed finding out what fate and the magical mind of faerie Prince Carrick and Lady Gwen had in store for the lovely Brenna and Shawn. Of course we know they would end up together, but just how would it all play out and how would it affect the quest of Prince Carrick for his lost love of three hundred years.

I cared for the ‘alive’ characters, and also the eternal faerie prin
Cata
Jan 19, 2012 Cata rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biblioteca, 2012
"As Lágrimas da Lua" é o segundo volume da Trilogia Irlandesa. Desta vez traz-nos a história de Shawn Gallagher e Brenna O'Toole.

Shawn e Brenna conhecem-se desde sempre. Mas agora, dez anos após Brenna ter começado a sentir uma atracção por Shawn, ela ganha coragem e faz uma proposta a Shawn que mudará tudo...

Este livro proporcionou-me bons momentos e umas boas gargalhadas. É impossível não nos rirmos com as picardias entre os protagonistas e não gostar do choque de personalidades. Eles são tão
Traci
So, three stars, for a book that I was actually enjoying up to the very abrupt ending that was monumentally uncool.

(view spoiler)
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 26, 2012 Jacob Proffitt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, steamy
In the second of the Gallaghers of Ardmore series, we get Shawn and Brenna. These two have known each other forever and Brenna has been all wistful about Shawn for long enough that she’s kind of getting tired of it. Indeed, it was noticeable in the first book, Jewels of the Sun, though not smack-you-in-the-face obvious or cloying. In this one, she’s had enough and decides to seize the moment with predictably interesting results.

Roberts does a fantastic job giving us the weight of their history w
*.Amaia.* BlackMagicRose
Not as good as I expected I'm afraid... :/
There's always something important missing in this author's books. I can't really put my finger on it. The stories are enjoyable, sweet, easy to read but I can't FEEL them. I'm more of an angsty romance reader, I guess, and that's probably why I don't feel completely satisfied when I read books by Nora Roberts.
I'll still finish reading this series and I really want to try and read an standalone by this author next time.
June
May 22, 2015 June rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Irish/romance requests and Roberts fans
Shelves: romance, adult, irish
Brenna's had a yen for Shawn since she was 14. Now the she's 24 and her feelings have only grown, so she tells him, "I think we should have sex." Shawn a dreamer and sensitive composer, finds himself attracted to pushy, single-minded, handy-woman Brenna

Love Darcy's tirade about what a woman has to go through in pregnancy and Shawn's retort "It just goes to proving God's a man."

When Prince Carrick talks about love, "the only one you'll ever want," Shawn admits that he's never wanted like that. Th
LaFleurBleue
Oct 29, 2013 LaFleurBleue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was obvious to me from the first book that Brenna had something for Shawn. And I was wondering how this little something could end up filling a whole book.
This book started like lightning, when Brenna proposed herself to Shawn in a decisively unromantic and pragmatic way. I really liked the way both characters personalities complemented but contrasted to the other and how the constraints of a rural highly catholic small town influenced their behaviors. Both of them changed or at least learnt
Juliana Philippa
(3.5 stars) Not as good as the first book in this trilogy, Jewels of the Sun, but still an enjoyable and pleasant read. Thought I would really like it, because Shawn and Brenna's antagonistic friendship in the previous book was fun to watch, but didn't end up being as satisfying as I was anticipating. It was worth the read, though, and shouldn't be passed up if reading the full trilogy.
Filipa
É uma história muito gira e doce. Temos o lado mais mágico (ou não teria como cenário a Irlanda) que não é demasiado usual na NR.
É bom para desanuviar.
E gostei muito do casal.
Embora a história do irmão do Aidan, o Shawn esteja melhor conseguida.
No entanto esta vertente mais fantasista denota uma imaginação rica, com um enredo bem construído e ponderado.
Um final nada apressado, como às vezes se repara nas obras da autora.
Fani
I liked the book, loved the atmosphere, but in the end I had some problems with a couple of the heroine's decisions. Besides, since I could never love a man I could not respect, I was kind of hesitant to accept the heroine's love for the hero. Who, I must add, is one of the least memorable I've read about by Nora Roberts. Still, an enjoyable read that flowed easily by.
Tameka
Apr 20, 2016 Tameka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holds up even better during a reread. I love the notion of friends falling for each other, and these two were such lively additions to the first book, it was enjoyable to watch them stumble towards each other. Special shoutout to Mollie O'Toole, Brenna's mother who is one of my favorite NR secondary characters ever.
Josephine
Mar 31, 2012 Josephine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What an extremely annoying female character Brenna is. She can't carry a single conversation without flying off the handle. No growth or maturity at the end. Really wish I didn't spend the time reading this.
Rachelbpg
Stupid romance novel. that I love. So much.
Allison (The Allure of Books)
I don’t believe in “guilty pleasure” reading because: hello, I don’t feel guilty about anything I read. But I bet anyone that uses the term frequently would definitely say The Irish Trilogy by Nora Roberts classifies…

Seriously you guys, I have reread these books so. many. times. Mostly when I was in high school, but still. They are constant fall-back comfort reads to this day.

Jewels of the Sun brings Jude Murray to Ireland. She is recently divorced and in need of a break from her life. She certa
Andrea Hussey
plot spoilers
I liked how the story started off with a little history about storytellers&the legend of Lady Gwen&Carrick. It was cool how they come 2 each of the 3 people when they’re going 2 fall in love. I liked Shawn’s personality&style. I liked that Shawn&Brenna knew each other since childhood&cud come&go in each other’s houses.

A full, firm mouth that was meant, she supposed, 4 long kisses&soft words.
Not that she knew of either firsthand. But she’d heard tell. &am
Alex is The Romance Fox
Tears of the Moon is the 2nd book in Nora Robert’s Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy and Carrick, the Prince of the Fairies is now working on the next couple to find true love after being successful in uniting Aiden & Jude in book 1, Jewels of the Sun.

Shawn, the beautiful and gorgeous brother, is the chef in the family’s pub but its music that fills his heart. He has composed many songs which he has done nothing about being recorded and that’s where Brenna O’Toole, the sassy and no nonsense red-
Kelly Van den Broecke
De betere van de drie. Ik vind Shawn een prachtig personage. Het muzikale, expressieve en creatieve spreekt mij enorm aan. De combinatie met Brenna, die totaal het tegenover gestelde is, is gewoon leuk om te lezen. De dromer versus de doener/denker. Op een bepaald moment probeerde ik ook echt om de muziek van Shawn te horen. De betovering van Gwen en Carrick was hier ook aanwezig maar ik vond in mindere mate. In dit boek komen de typische Ierse tradities en iedereen is familie terug. Wederom kri ...more
Maria
Mar 09, 2012 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-again, in-2012
I love the idea of Brenna's cap. I didn't realize what it was in Jewels of the Sun, but now I have a definite idea of it. One of those 1920 caps newspaper boys wore. Patterned gray or dark beige. Perhaps even navy blue.

I enjoyed seeing the typical gender roles reversed. Shawn cooking, Brenna fixing things up… clobbering him metaphorically whenever he wasn't moving along to her satisfaction… poking and prodding and pushing. She's a bit like me in that respect… the poking and the prodding.

I also
Barbara
Jun 26, 2011 Barbara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Brenna in this book is not my favorite type of character. If she was a male character, there would have been outrage. It is not cute to hit people especially a boyfriend or a sister out of rage. She's a bully. Too much anger and violence comes out of her.If she came from such a loving family why was she this way. It's the only way she can deal with things. If she doesn't get her way, she just slugs you. Nice. Too hard headed and juvenile. The best line in the book was when Shawn told her to stop ...more
Cátia Santos
Apr 28, 2012 Cátia Santos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
Uma história com todos os ingredientes caracteristicos da Nora Roberts mas com um elemento que dá um toque especial - magia, o que faz sentido visto que o cenário deste livro é na Irlanda.
Foi uma história doce sobre dois amigos de longa data que acabam por perceber que nutrem sentimentos muito fortes um pelo outro e não meramente uma simples atracção.
Gostei que em primeiro lugar os protagonistas fossem amigos e só depois um casal, já para mim a amizade é um dos pilares fundamentais numa relaçã
Tempo de Ler
Jul 28, 2012 Tempo de Ler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
{Blog} http://tempodler.blogspot.pt/2012/07/...

Este segundo volume da «Trilogia Irlandesa» foi o meu preferido de entre os três, especialmente decido ao conflituoso e caricato par romântico que toma a liderança na continuação da história: Brenna O'Toole e Shawn Gallagher.

Entre diálogos cómicos e situações hilariantes, afeiçoamo-nos cada vez mais aos irmãos Gallagher e a quem os rodeia - um vasto leque de personagens vívidas e convictas.

Um romanve no seu sentido mais puro e encantador. Nora deix
Deranged Dreamer
May 25, 2016 Deranged Dreamer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Way better than the last one. I wont be reading the next. Cant stand Gold digging Darcy.
Even if she is not 100% Gold Digger. About 70%.
Lonni
Jul 03, 2016 Lonni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Volume two of the Irish trilogy. Only took a day to read - I am a sucker for fantasy and romance put together!
Looking for Tears of the Moon (Nora Roberts) 10 67 Aug 10, 2013 09:41PM
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Purity in Death (In Death, #15)
  • I Do, I Do, I Do
  • Remember When (Foster Saga, #2)
  • Mackenzie's Mission (Mackenzie Family, #2)
  • Jade Island (Donovan, #2)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Gallaghers of Ardmore (3 books)
  • Jewels of the Sun (Gallaghers of Ardmore, #1)
  • Heart of the Sea (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy, #3)

“Ireland is a land of poets and legends, of dreamers and rebels. All of these have music woven through and around them. Tunes for dancing or for weeping, for battle or for love.” 206 likes
“You don't fix a man the way you do a fault in a pipe or a leak in a roof. You take him as he is, Mary Brenna, or you don't take him at all...adjustments can't be all made on one side, darling, else the balance goes off and what's being built just falls down.” 107 likes