Start by marking “Freedom: Credos from the Road” as Want to Read:
Freedom: Credos from the Road

Freedom: Credos from the Road

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  13 reviews
There are few men who are as quintessentially American as Sonny Barger. He is patriotic—a veteran who loves his country. He is independent—choosing his own path on his motorcycle, living life on his own terms. He is outspoken—he has boldly criticized injustices in American law and society despite the backlash this has evoked from the establishment. Yet the element that he ...more
Published June 14th 2005 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about Freedom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freedom

This tiny hard cover book caught my eye during my walks through the stacks of the New York Public Library. Freedom in bold grey letters reached out and grabbed my attention. I picked up this little black book, I thumbed through it, and was pleasantly surprised with it content. Freedom means a lot of things to different people. Freedom according to Sonny Barger peaked my interest.

The first thing you will like about this book is that it is straight to the point. Each chapter is less than three pa
Ted Zayka
Sonny Barger may be one of the founders of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club, and as such, may be discounted by many folks who prefer the credentials of a Rhodes scholar or country club member. When you start reading the book however, you are drawn into this man's philosophy, and his simple, honest, and mammalian approach to life, people and relationships.

There is something to be said for a man who has challenged life, made mistakes, and still comes out living to tell about it. It gives his stor
Amie Kipfer
Good eye opener

This was a great read as I try to find myself once more. I really grasped the view as it helps me to look inside myself and how I wish to proceed and learn.
Jerica Guidry
The book is all about life. basically an in your face way to tell you about life in a deal with it or dont kind if way. I think its something we all are aware of, but its told to you in a way that at most people would think is rude. The author did a great job in putting out there and way not so "beat around the bush". I personally like the in your face type of reading. All and all I found it to be a good read and I am glad I picked it up.
Gina M Jordan
I truly loved this little book & the values Barger details are familiar from growing up in that type of world. I have to admit though it made me think of your daily bread kind of meditation or a weekly lesson or value to practice through the year.

Whatever your reason for reading it, each bite sized chunk of Barger wisdom is easy to digest & written in a very straight forward & blunt manner as has been Barger ' s style. I highly recommend this for all bikers of any ride or level as we
Bill Wyler
Sonny has an "earthy" way of explaining life observations and experiences. I enjoyed the way he said some of the things throughout his book. You are encouraged to read it for yourself and enjoy the ride.
Meh. I mean it's your standard run of the mill musing by a man who has done and seen it all. It's Sonny Barger's life story that gives weight to what he says. Aside from that you could do to pass this up.
Nothing any of us haven't learned from lifes adventures--Sonny just took the time to put it into words.

Look up the road and keep the throttle open.

An interesting view of life through the eyes of notorious Hell's Angel, Sonny Barger. It takes a hard look at the unwritten rules of the street.
I really enjoyed the stories here. I loved Sonny's point of view in many areas.
Rich Dammkoehler
You need to read this book. Its full of wonderful insights about life and freedom.
In truth, it probably says about as much about leadership as any MBA textbook.
Kile Antone
Just good old fashion horse sense shared by a legend.
Matt marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Phil added it
Jul 30, 2015
Kelly added it
Jul 25, 2015
Frank marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
John added it
Jun 30, 2015
Kristie marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Lynea marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Kimberly Logner
Kimberly Logner marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
steve hauck
steve hauck is currently reading it
May 20, 2015
  • How to Photograph Absolutely Everything: Successful Pictures from Your Digital Camera
  • A Wayward Angel: The Full Story of the Hells Angels
  • Prodigal Father, Pagan Son: Growing Up Inside the Dangerous World of the Pagans Motorcycle Club
  • Bombshell: Explosive Medical Secrets That Will Redefine Aging
  • The First Idea: How Symbols, Language, and Intelligence Evolved from Our Primate Ancestors to Modern Humans