Start by marking “Mr. Noisy” as Want to Read:
Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy (Mr. Men #16)

Enjoy this special edition larger size of the classic Mr. Men books with your chi
Published September 29th 1997 by Price Stern Sloan (first published January 19th 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Noisy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Noisy

Siobhan
Sep 28, 2015 Siobhan rated it liked it
Ah, Mr Men and Little Miss, how wonderful you are!

These books made up so much of my childhood. No matter what I would go ahead and pick one up. I worked my way through them all a couple of times. Each one has a wonderful story for the child to engage with, each character being fun to read.

Everyone has a bias for their favourite character, yet every book is delightful.
Brenda Cregor
Jun 01, 2014 Brenda Cregor rated it liked it
Scream as you are reading during the beginning of this book...and get quiet as Mr. Noisy learns how to bring his volume down when speaking to others...and you'll be sure to get the point across, " It's SUPER annoying when people talk loudly!"
Snowleopard
Oct 13, 2016 Snowleopard rated it it was amazing
I liked the book because Mr. Noisy learned to be quiet and I learned to be quiet in the car.
Andy Hickman
Sep 30, 2016 Andy Hickman rated it liked it
“Mr Noisy” - The folks of Wobble Town conspire to help Mr Noisy be a bit quieter.
Phil Syphe
Mar 27, 2015 Phil Syphe rated it it was amazing
Think I’m right in stating that as a boy I had all the pre-1990 Mr Men books with the possible exception of “Mr Snow”. Looking at all the covers apart from the latter jogged my memory.

Sadly I remember little about the stories now, despite reading them numerous times during my boyhood, plus watching the Mr Men cartoons more than once.

Reckon the last time I would’ve read these was 1983, though may have returned to them as late as 1985. Although I’ve forgotten almost everything about this title and
Godzilla
Feb 26, 2010 Godzilla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, 2010
This one deserves a stonking great 5 stars, as it managed to speak volumes (pun intended) to my children.

Mr Noisy does what comes naturally to him, and it appears to all little children: makes a lot of noise.

The very act of reading this shoudl be comedy gold to little ones, or am I the only parent who puts on a silly OTT voice?

I may have overdone it slightly though as my throat was very painful afterwards!

Through the story children will earn that if you really want to be heard and listened to th
Angie
Apr 27, 2015 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "Mr. Noisy was a very, very noisy person. For example: when most people sneeze you can hear them from the next room. When Mr. Noisy sneezes, you can hear him from the next country!

The residents of Wobbletown are tired of being shouted at by Mr. Noisy. Can they change his very, very noisy ways?"

My Review: Another okay Mr. Men book, it didn't capture Munchkins attention but that isn't too surprising. I don't understand how Mr. Noisy made the connection to be quiet but it worked for him.
Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
Sarah Sammis
Dec 16, 2009 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: borrowed
Mr. Noisy might as well be my son. Like my son, he is loud from sun-up until sun-down. He is so loud that a town has been named for him (in a way). The town is called Wobbletown because everything wobbles when Mr. Noisy comes to town.

Mr. Noisy likes to stomp. He likes to shout. He also likes to do his shopping daily. Unfortunately the shopkeepers of Wobbletown wish he'd stay home or learn how to be quiet. Can a little reverse psychology do the trick?
Kelly
Apr 04, 2008 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kidlit, jack, andy
Mr. Noisy is noisy! CLUMP CLUMP CLUMP when he walks downstairs! I read this to Andy last night and I thought he was going to rupture something, he was laughing so hard. Hargreaves is one of the few authors who can make asking for a loaf of bread into side-splitting comedy.
~LAURA~ ~Jones~
Mar 20, 2009 ~LAURA~ ~Jones~ rated it it was amazing
The MR. Men books are an English book my mom had when she was younger. She let me read them and each as a different story. This one is about Mr. Nosey. He is completely unable to keep himself out of other people's business. He's always sticking his nose into something or someone.
Heather the Hillbilly Banjo Queen
This book made me laugh. My kids love that I shout while I read it. It doesn't hurt that it can aid in teaching kids to be mindful of those around them and be aware of how their behavior affects others. A great way to start a short conversation about it.
M
Mar 22, 2012 M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
As good now as it was when I first read it back in the 80s. I couldn't help feeling a bit sorry for Mr Noisy though - Mrs Crumb and Mr Bacon were a bit heavy-handed in their approach, I thought. And Mr Noisy's shoes are fantastic :-)
Derek Baldwin
Jul 28, 2011 Derek Baldwin rated it it was amazing
One of the better ones, offering many opportunities for stomping on the floor and other sound affects.
K Ross
Mar 17, 2009 K Ross marked it as to-read
this book looks so cute i wanna read it! and i'll love it! it's so cute ! i don't know anything about it! but i want to read all series
Kate B
Jun 02, 2015 Kate B rated it liked it
Another Mr Men book I remember from childhood. I remember coveting the Roger Hargreaves style shoes. All the Mr Men seemed to have such fantastic, ornate shoes. Mine seemed so dull.
τλιϓλ
Jul 05, 2013 τλιϓλ rated it it was amazing
Nice story I enjoy reading it and what I like more about it is that finally Mr. Noisy learned a great lesson ^_^
Denise
Aug 15, 2008 Denise rated it did not like it
Shelves: picture-books
The book itself is tiny, yet the story inside is too long! This would be a book to use for a very specific purpose and one-on-one if at all.
Tate Rytky
May 30, 2011 Tate Rytky rated it really liked it
The Mister books are a great series of books for Tate right now. A good, manageable length and he can read one book a night.
Grant
Grant rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Ashley KINROSS
Ashley KINROSS rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2007
Ojas S
Ojas S rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2013
Dianna
Dianna rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2010
Courtney Dean
Courtney Dean rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2012
Kirsten Bradbury
Kirsten Bradbury rated it really liked it
May 25, 2008
Claire
Claire rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2008
Book_Wonders
Book_Wonders rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2013
Danyelle Marie
Danyelle Marie rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
Natalie Pietro
Natalie Pietro rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2010
Daina Armstrong
Daina Armstrong rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2015
  • Franklin and the Thunderstorm
  • Buttermilk (Serendipity)
  • You Read to Me, I'll Read to You: Very Short Stories to Read Together
  • That's Not My Monster
  • Mister Dog:  The Dog Who Belonged to Himself
  • Moo
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et
More about Roger Hargreaves...

Mr. Men (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men, #1)
  • Mr. Greedy (Mr. Men, #2)
  • Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3)
  • Mr. Nosey (Mr. Men, #4)
  • Mr. Sneeze (Mr. Men, #5)
  • Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6)
  • Mr. Snow (Mr. Men, #7)
  • Mr. Messy (Mr. Men, #8)
  • Mr. Topsy-turvy (Mr. Men, #9)
  • Mr. Silly (Mr. Men, #10)