Start by marking “The H Factor Solution: Homocysteine, the Best Single Indicator of Whether You Are Likely to Live Long or Die Young” as Want to Read:

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Elevated homocysteine is a powerful, independent risk factor in more than 100 major medical conditions, including heart disease, strokes, and Alzheimer's disease. The authors discuss factors that contribute to high homocysteine, tell how to detect it if it's too high, and explain how to dramatically lower it.
Published June 1st 2003 by Basic Health Publications

To ask other readers questions about The H Factor Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The H Factor Solution

Lynley
This book could have been a thick pamphlet rather than a book -- there seemed to be a lot of repetition, particularly near the beginning. But once I got past all the ways in which an elevated homocysteine level can kill you, the chapters on exactly *how much* supplementation is necessary was very useful, and in our family's experience, has been lacking from advice from the doctor, who simply advised to 'take some vitamin B' after my nearest and dearest came back with a dangerously high level.

Des
Sue
After researching this topic extensively, I found this book repeated a lot I already knew. However, I did learn something useful in the recommended supplementation. I have not seen many reference a to B2, but adding it to my regime, has been invaluable for reducing my histamine symptoms.
Olwen
Easy to read and understand book that explains the biochemistry behind homocysteine metabolism and how elevated homocysteine can affect you. A good book to read and then discuss with your health practitioner before taking action on testing or supplementation.
GT
GT marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Leonm
Leonm marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Radeg
Radeg marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Sheila Loughlin
Sheila Loughlin marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Tonya
Tonya added it
Dec 19, 2013
Sue
Sue added it
Apr 30, 2013
Robert Kellermsn
Robert Kellermsn marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
FraNKi
FraNKi marked it as to-read
May 15, 2012
Leslie
Leslie added it
Sep 01, 2009
Sharon Dreyer
Sharon Dreyer marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2008
Dangerous Grains Life in a Marital Institution: Twenty Years of Monogamy in One Terrifying Memoir Dr. Braly's Food Allergy and Nutrition Revolution The H Factor Solution: Homocysteine, the Best Single Indicator of Whether You Are Likely to Live Long or Die Young [CONTENT REVIEW: DO NOT PUBLISH] Hidden Food Allergies: The Essential Guide to Uncovering Hidden Food Allergies--And Achieving Permanent Relief