Start by marking “Green: Your Place in the New Energy Revolution” as Want to Read:
Green: Your Place in the New Energy Revolution

Green: Your Place in the New Energy Revolution

Green will illustrate and shed new light on the gamut of issues associated with renewable energy, a topic whose importance increases exponentially with every temperature record-setting year. Jane and Michael Hoffman use their years of experience to explain the technological and economic future of this ecologically significant issue. They incisively explain its politics: wh ...more
Published June 24th 2008 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Green, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green

Mary Anne
May 08, 2011 Mary Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mary Anne by: Maggie
Shelves: non-fiction
I'm suddenly surrounded by very environmentally friendly folk, and I know pretty much nothing about the subject. Now my students are telling me that using plastic water bottles (and recycling them) is *still* not good, so I found myself motivated to learn more.

That doesn't really directly drive me to this book, but I knew I had it and figured I'd give it a try. I really appreciated the history that the Hoffman includes early on in the book. I also appreciated the explanations of the different ki
Lana
Mar 12, 2016 Lana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-away, read2016
I wonder if I would have rated this higher if I read it closer to its publication date. It explains a lot of concepts around green energy in a very accessible manner. Today none of this was revolutionary, so it seemed pretty elementary. But I imagine a few years ago this would have seemed to have been an interesting, cutting edge primer.
Paul
Sep 26, 2009 Paul rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: misc-nonfiction
I enjoyed it for the most part, it was well-written and clearly explained key ideas without being too complicated. Opened my eyes to a few new technologies, concepts, etc. and strengthened my belief that this "revolution" is imminent, if not current. It lost some points for me because it often tried to take a light-hearted attitude, which just seemed forced, and I was left wanting a bit more out of it.
Bill Sleeman
The ideas and recommendations in this book are very worthwhile. It defiantly serves as a solid introduction to “green” issues. Sadly it was a tiresome read – a dull style and overworked clichés made it slow going overall.
Jeff
May 11, 2009 Jeff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It provides a nice synopsis of the ways to reduce green house gas emissions. It's brief discussion of many different renewable energy developments makes a great primer for anyone interested in the topic.
Margaret
Jul 06, 2009 Margaret is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of detailed descriptions of renewable energy and practical ways to improve our society.
Lynn Vannucci
Nov 13, 2012 Lynn Vannucci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book I edited - a wonderful primer for understanding the coming green economy.
Lynn Vannucci
Dec 13, 2009 Lynn Vannucci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Giovonni E
Giovonni E marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Clint
Clint marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Erin Novak
Erin Novak rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Joshua
Joshua rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2014
Phil
Phil marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
William Paul
William Paul marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2013
Juan
Juan is currently reading it
Nov 15, 2012
KT
KT rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2012
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2012
Ana Wiechers
Ana Wiechers marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2012
Dfend
Dfend rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2011
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2011
Sara
Sara rated it it was ok
May 12, 2011
Angelina Storti
Angelina Storti rated it it was ok
May 17, 2015

“More than developing confidence in the reliability of new energy technologies, and even more of a challenge than the admittedly complex task of designing and constructing an infrastructure that will allow consumer access to them, what stands in the way of our apparent will to wean ourselves from conventional energy sources is the reluctance to wean ourselves from old ways of thinking.” 1 likes