Start by marking “Winds of the Storm” as Want to Read:
Winds of the Storm

Winds of the Storm (The LeVeq Family #2)

4.57 of 5 stars 4.57  ·  rating details  ·  528 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Archer Le Veq owes his life to the woman who rescued him from certain death at the height of the Civil War...a woman known only as "the Butterfly." Now, in the dark, waning days of Reconstruction, he needs the courageous and beautiful former spy...in more ways than before!

Zahra Lafayette thinks her days of intrigue are far behind her, until she is asked to go on one more m...more
Published April 25th 2006 by Avon (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Winds of the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winds of the Storm

The Color Purple by Alice WalkerTheir Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale HurstonThe Autobiography of Malcolm X by Malcolm XBeloved by Toni MorrisonInvisible Man by Ralph Ellison
Best African American Books
196th out of 511 books — 599 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesEveryone Burns by John DolanBlue Coyote Motel by Dianne HarmanAfter Forever Ends by Melodie Ramone
Re-Read Lovers
290th out of 634 books — 363 voters

More lists with this book...

Cassandra
Archer Le veq is all that and more. A gentleman, a charmer, a lover and a man who knows how to get what/who he wants. His self confidence and boldness are magnetic and that is what draws me to his character most. Zahra's secret made this an interesting and unique story line, but Mr. Le Veq's charisma stole the show. This was my first of many Beverly Jenkins novel novels. To date, Archer Le Veq remains my favorite romance hero.
shana
light work, BUT the main characters are Black and it's a historical romance. keyword: historical. i actually learned something from this light Summer read. it's set in Louisiana during the Reconstruction Era. some of the characters in the story are real figures, like Harriet Tubman. it discusses dispatches, the elected Black officials of that time, white supremacy groups, and the atrocities they committed against Black people, including death books, essentially a hit list. the author provides li...more
Carla wynn
Another LeVeq meets his match. Archer first meet Zahra when she rescues him. Little did he know that "The Butterfly" would steal his heart. Mrs. Jenkins is a master storyteller.
steph
So reading this makes me realize that I don't really care all that much about the LeVeq brothers. Which, sounds worse then intended but I actually like her other characters/universe rather then the stories that focus on the LeVeq brothers, if that makes sense. I did however, liked all the secret agent stuff and multiple identities and how Zahara became a madam of a house of ill repute but still remained women enough to stand up to Archer but all in all, this story was a little slow(er) then I no...more
Elise-banned from infomercials and ebay
I think that of all of the books I have read by Beverly Jenkins, this one was my least favorite. There was not enough challenging passion for me. The first two stories I read challenged me and I wanted the couple to get together. This one, I didn't care if they did or not. I liked it because BJ always gives great history and I like the brothers, however, Archer and Zahara bored me.
Parallax
I liked the secret agent stuff and multiple identities, and wished that there was more spy intrigue. I also liked the cast, and the historical detail. I'm glad that the romantic lead wasn't an arrogant jerk, like I've seen in other romantic plotlines. The bad: It dragged for me in some places, and I skimmed ahead.
Cheryl Faye
I tell you those LeVeq brothers just do it for me. I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with this story -- actually, I realized as soon as I started reading it that I'd read this a few years ago. No matter, it was even better the 2nd time around. Beverly Jenkins' books are just like that for me.
L. Wright
Another wonderful novel by Beverly Jenkins. I always love her writing because I feel like I am thrown into the action. Her descriptions of New Orleans make me feel like I was right there. The romance between Zahra and Archer was steamy. I love the Levec brothers.
Tiffany
For some reason, I could not put this book down. I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen, even though, duh....a ROMANCE! Two characters find each, become separated briefly, reunite, and live happily every after, as always. Loved it.

Shawnette
No matter what I NEVER go wrong when I choose to read a Beverly Jenkins historical romance novel...an intriguing combination of history, mystery and plenty of romance.
V Tucker ivey
You did it again......I am a forever fan
Bridget
I normally love Beverly Jenkins books, but this one put me to sleep.
Renee
Oh yes...i liked it
Valerie
Fantastic read!
Letrice Lewis
Letrice Lewis marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa is currently reading it
Oct 02, 2014
Lei Lee
Lei Lee marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Aps
Aps marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Veronica Tyler
Veronica Tyler marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
  • Until There Was You (Graysons of New Mexico, #1)
  • Slow Burn
  • No Compromise
199260
Beverly Jenkins is an African-American historical romance writer. She and her family live in southeastern Michigan. Born in Detroit, she graduated from Cass Technical High School and attended Michigan State University where she majored in Journalism and English Literature.
Ms. Jenkins has written sixteen books to date and has received numerous awards for her works, including: the Detroit Free Pres...more
More about Beverly Jenkins...
Bring on the Blessings Indigo Through the Storm Sexy/Dangerous Topaz