Start by marking “The Rake of Hollowhurst Castle” as Want to Read:
The Rake of Hollowhurst Castle

The Rake of Hollowhurst Castle

2.76 of 5 stars 2.76  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  3 reviews

Sir Charles Afforde:
the infamous, devilish rake has purchased Hollowhurst Castle lock, stock and barrel. All that is left to possess is the castle's determined and beautiful chatelaine.
Roxanne Courland:
her youthful, romantic dreams of Charles shattered long ago, this unconventional country miss would rather stay a spinster than enter a loveless marriage.
Only this rake'
Published August 1st 2010 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Rake of Hollowhurst Castle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rake of Hollowhurst Castle

Doreen
I enjoyed this book more perhaps than the star rating I have given it. My only criticism is that there isn't quite as much conflict as there needs to be. Right at the end we do find out a reason for the hero's reluctance to love and wed the heroine, but there's not enough preparation for the explanation and I'm not quite sure about her motivation in changing her mind about him. Good but not excellent.
Tasneem
I found this an okay book. I tried to like the heroine and although she wasn't too bad, I found her a bit dim and not too much to my liking. She had Charles so much in love with her, and still she wasn't happy because he wasn't able to say the words. Sometimes words aren't as important as actions and although the ending was fairly nice, it was a bit too twee.
Ana
Nothing spectacular...though I liked the story.
Acffac
Acffac added it
Nov 26, 2014
Xahne
Xahne added it
Oct 30, 2014
Joanne Hyduk
Joanne Hyduk marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Jaye
Jaye marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Acffac
Acffac added it
Jan 13, 2014
Aditee
Aditee marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
Arena
Arena marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
Rettah
Rettah added it
Aug 12, 2013
Mary Bronson
Mary Bronson marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Pauline
Pauline marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Mokona
Mokona added it
Jun 22, 2013
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2013
Bkepub
Bkepub added it
Apr 23, 2013
The Duchess Hunt (Seaborne Trilogy, #1) An Innocent Courtesan Rebellious Rake, Innocent Governess (Alstones, #2) Housemaid Heiress Captain Langthorne's Proposal