Start by marking “My Teacher Likes to Say” as Want to Read:
My Teacher Likes to Say

My Teacher Likes to Say

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Illustrated by Jane Monroe DonovanFrom the same team that brought you "My Momma Likes to Say" comes this delightful interpretation of maxims, idioms, proverbs, and cliche s many students remember hearing on a regular basis in the classroom. From "Do you have ants in your pants?" to "Stick together!" and "Great minds think alike," readers will be intrigued by the history of ...more
Published April 1st 2004 by Sleeping Bear Press (first published March 22nd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about My Teacher Likes to Say, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Teacher Likes to Say

Chandler Cash
At a first glance I thought this would be a good informational book on idioms and it is enjoyable that the idioms mentioned are one that have been submitted by actually students. As soon as you start to look closer at the book though it falls through as an informational book.

For the classroom I would not include it to read aloud to the students or to add to the classroom book shelve. The reason I find this book to be lacking as an informational book is because it lacks key components that make i
Christy
This a cute book that students will enjoy. It takes things that we say and they actually happen. For instance "the early bird gets the worm" and the illustration is a lunch lady serving up some yucky worms, as the students and a robin (the bird) look as they stand in line at breakfast. This book is good for explaining literal meanings to students.
Kellee
Reviewed at: http://www.teachmentortexts.com/2012/...

I really liked this idiom book because it connects directly to the classroom, is not only idioms but poetry and there are even sidebars throughout with information about the idioms.
Oana Cerchezan
This book is great to teach kids that not everything that is said is meant to be taken the way it is said. It is a good way to teach them that words and sayings can have multiple meanings.
Carol Royce Owen
Investigates well known idioms, sayings and proverbs teachers like to use and explains their meaning.
Sheri
Aug 09, 2008 Sheri rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids
Recommended to Sheri by: childrens writers group
I just read this in effort to read titles by Sleeping Bear Press.
Sophia
Another great book that teaches idioms! Idioms that teachers say.
Deborah Morgan
Will use this book as an intro when I teach cliches.
Trista
A great picture book for teaching idioms.
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Mlacy
Mlacy marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Michelle Reynaud
Michelle Reynaud marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Ansley
Ansley marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Evelyn Tapia
Evelyn Tapia is currently reading it
Jan 20, 2015
Natacha
Natacha marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Paige Diane
Paige Diane marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Willow (Picture Books) Willow and the Snow Day Dance He's Been a Monster All Day Someday Is Not a Day of the Week Buzzy the Bumblebee