Start by marking “Cowboy In The Kitchen” as Want to Read:
Cowboy In The Kitchen

Cowboy In The Kitchen

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  17 reviews
*This book was previously titled THE PERFECT DISH*

“This is an absolutely adorable book. I picked it up, read it, and wanted more.” – Book-Addicts.com

“From the first page, I couldn't put the book down. Ms Painter has written a winner!” – The Romance Reviews

About the book:

When Manhattan chef and notorious playboy Kelly Spicer realizes his recently widowed sister needs he...more
Published December 17th 2010

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy In The Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy In The Kitchen

Coyote in Provence by Dianne HarmanBet Me by Jennifer CrusieCoyote in Provence by Dianne HarmanCan't Stand the Heat by Louisa EdwardsDelicious by Sherry Thomas
Foodie Romances
17th out of 123 books — 118 voters
Dreams Come True by Bridgitte LesleyArielle by Lilian RobertsBreathing His Air by Debra KaynGame for Marriage by Karen  EricksonEverlong by Hailey Edwards
Romance Divas
307th out of 309 books — 44 voters

More lists with this book...

Isis
What a wonderful read! Kristen really brought both Merry and Kelly to life! I loved how they both realistically dealt with their own issues and intentions. Seeing a woman twice widowed coming to terms with being in love again, especially with a younger man, was fascinating.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good love story between unforgettable characters.
gert
good. i'd recommend it. good back story, older heroine to younger hero, ok sex. secondary characters were more like caricatures, but i guess that makes it easier on everyone.

never understand why these heroines need make-overs - why can't they look sassy to begin with? but fortunately, heroine's makeover isn't a total change so i wasn't too irked.

Anne OK
Good story, fun-to-read when psychologist and two-times a widow at 44 meets one of Manhattan's most eligible bachelors, who at 32-years old is a hot and successful cowboy-chef. Will these two be able to overcome the obstacles between them for a lifetime commitment? Perhaps the small paranormal ingredient will be the key!
Heather
I have read many a romance novel in my day but it had been awhile since I have read a book that was strictly romance novel. I was interested in the magically enhanced food angle so I thought I'd give The Perfect Dish a shot.

The magic aspect was only a passingly touched upon and served no real purpose to the story. And, while I understand that romance is the focus of the Romance genre, the book mostly consisted of the two main characters kissing and very little else of substance. Despite the fac...more
Mary Catherine
2.5 stars on Ordinary People, Extraordinary Works

here’s a man who happens to be a chef – young and sexy. Everyone who sees him wants him and why not? He’s successful, attractive, and likes women. There’s a woman who is slightly older than him. She’s had her share of heartache and has buried two husbands. Attractive, sure, but she doesn’t play it up. She likes to hide in herself, even while helping others through grief.

A meeting. A spark. A romance.

THE PERFECT DISH BY Kristen Painter is a story...more
Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile)
Funny at times, The Perfect Dish wasn't exactly what I expected. Kelly Spicer, Famous Chef in New York City, wants nothing more than to help his sister get over the death of her husband. Using a little extra persuasion from his family's magical cookbook, he convinces the best selling psychologist and grief author Meredith Black to help his sister try and get pass the startling grief. However, there is a lot Kelly doesn't know about Meredith and his heart has a mind of its own.

I had originally do...more
Kelly
I'm a little confused by this book. I *thought* the magical elements were going to be more integral to the plot but really this book could have done without the magic at all and still managed to make sense. Which is disappointing because I feel like the synopsis is a little misleading and it led me to expect something that was more of an accessory than anything.

Just to be clear, my disappoint had nothing to do with the writing - which was crisp and fast-paced - or the characters - I thought Kell...more
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
I could not finish this book. I tried to like it, I really did, but I just couldn't.

Kelly Spicer is a cowboy from Texas who is now a chef in Manhatten. He is the reason I can't finish the book. I'm from Texas. I grew up with cowboys, ranchers, rodeo cowboys and cowboy wanna be's. NONE of them talk like Kelly Spicer does in this book. I think this is how the author THINKS cowboys sound. All it does is make him sound stupid and immature!

The book had so much potential and it just fell flat. I didn'...more
Lori Green
This was a DNF for me. I really like the author on social media so I hoped to like her book but it was too crazy, throw in everything including the kitchen sink. I was flabbergasted.

In the little I read there was magic, chocolate, a famous chef, a famous self-help author, grief counseling and a May-December romance. Oh yeah... and a Cinderella bit there too with the older woman getting a hottie make-over.

Too much. It made my head ache.
Kristine Cayne
Jan 21, 2012 Kristine Cayne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like mild heat
Texas-born culinary superstar and playboy Kelly Spicer meets NYC psychiatrist and author, Mery Black. The Perfect Dish was a fun, light, contemporary romance bringing together two very different people. I enjoyed the dialogue and the characters, especially the Texan expressions Kelly uses, several of which made me laugh out loud. Although there is good sexual tension from page one, the "meat" of the love scenes takes place off the page.
Aimee
Thought there would be a little more magic when I found out about the recipe book. It was a little hard to get into because Kelly was too nice, almost unbelievably so. But I enjoyed the sweet story. Great writing style, felt like I was there and made me hungry a few times with the food descriptions.
Jessica ♡~ Book&Coffee Lover ~♡
Wow! I must confess that i loved reading this book more than a fat kid loves eating cake .. lol .. :) .. this book really had me laughing at moments but also made me shed a few tears
Great job Kristen! Yeehawwwww :)
Brenda
Kristen Painter is such a varied writer--contemporary romance, urban fantasy and steampunk. I picked up The Perfect Dish for my Kindle and really enjoyed it. It was sexy, a bit magical and a lot of fun.
Amanda
May 10, 2012 Amanda marked it as set-aside
Shelves: free, on-kindle
I set this aside at 33%. It seemed to be very predictable, which I just wasn't looking for at that point.
Nell
This was a really nice read. Lots of attraction between the hero and heroine.
Cid Tyer
review forthcoming from book-addicts.com
Jan 26, 2011 Laura marked it as to-read
Note: Smashwords EPUB version
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Samm Serrinnitty
Samm Serrinnitty marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Pat Dengate
Pat Dengate is currently reading it
Sep 07, 2014
Eliza March
Eliza March marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
  • Spellbound
  • Dragon Blues
  • Pleasure's Foehn (WindVerse, #1)
  • The Bro-Magnet (Nice Guy, #1)
  • Love, Unexpectedly (Wild Ride To Love #2)
  • Almost a Bride
  • Tides Of Love (Zebra Historical Romance)
  • Giving Up (Truth or Dare #3)
  • Forgotten Father
  • Taken by the Cowboy
  • Her Wiccan, Wiccan Ways (Rhiannon Godfrey, #1)
  • Private Games
  • Hidden Talents (Hidden, #1)
  • Immortal Temptress (Devil's Promenade, #1)
  • Lights, Camera...Monsters (Monsters in Hollywood, #1)
  • The Spurned Viscountess
  • Whispers
  • Dangerous Grounds (Seattle Steam, #1)
2060858
Kristen Painter likes to balance her obsessions with shoes and cats by making the lives of her characters miserable and surprising her readers with interesting twists. She currently writes award-winning urban fantasy for Orbit Books. The former college English teacher can often be found on twitter @Kristen_Painter, Facebook at www.facebook.com/KristenPainterAuthor where she loves to interact with...more
More about Kristen Painter...
Blood Rights (House of Comarré, #1) Flesh and Blood (House of Comarré, #2) Bad Blood (House of Comarré, #3) Out for Blood (House of Comarré, #4) Last Blood (House of Comarré, #5)