Start by marking “Avengers & The Infinity Gauntlet” as Want to Read:
Avengers & The Infinity Gauntlet

Avengers & The Infinity Gauntlet

The evil THANOS has acquired the Infinity Gems, granting him control over the entire universe. He's destroyed half the population of all worlds. The only force standing in his way? THE AVENGERS! But how can a ragtag group of heroes and villains (!) overpower the unstoppable? Check out the non-stop, pulse-pounding, white-knuckling action brought to you by Brian Clevinger ...more
Published March 2nd 2011 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Avengers & The Infinity Gauntlet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avengers & The Infinity Gauntlet

Brad
Nov 22, 2014 Brad rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Honestly? What were they thinking...
Sure, Spidey was a big hero, but the whole story sucked. It was entirely tongue in cheek, but in a bad way. It was more like the joke was on the reader. Perhaps it was intentional, perhaps I'm taking the feel of it completely out of context since I haven't read any of the other period comics. That being said, I'm reminded that when graphic novels are good, they're very very good. When they're bad, they're very very bad.
Marta L
Aug 01, 2016 Marta L rated it did not like it
El colmo de lo absurdo... Me estaba entreteniendo, estaba siendo pasable hasta que (view spoiler) Así no me lo puedo tomar en serio.
Mike
Jul 12, 2012 Mike rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This trade collects Avengers & the Infinity Gauntlet #1-4 and Infinity Gauntlet #1. This book is in the "digest" format (pages are smaller than a normal comic book but larger than a paperback novel).

Avengers & the Infinity Gauntlet is part of Marvels line of comics aimed at younger readers and is a loose retelling of the classic story stripped down to the bare minimum plotwise and infused with zany humor, complete with a star-spanning road trip in a spacefaring mack-truck. Thanos has a p
Peter Derk
Apr 07, 2016 Peter Derk rated it it was amazing
So much crazy stupid fun it's unbelievable.

If it kills your boner to read comics where Dr. Doom is kind of a dork, then don't read this. If you're looking for serious, real stuff, don't read this.

If you want some of the most hilarious panels in comics, then absolutely read this.

I don't want to spoil ALL the fun. A couple selections.

description

Haha, peasant. Poor people and their doors.

description

Yeah, is the gauntlet like special, or is it just a convenient way to hold all the gems? Because, you know, if it fits Than
Edward Cheer
Jul 31, 2015 Edward Cheer rated it liked it
I had always heard about this famous Marvel story arc for ages, and since it's more than likely that we'll be seeing it watered down to punching in a few years- I figured I'd read it and see what's going on myself. And I didn't like it. Okay, particularly I didn't like the first 5 issues that were drawn and written like a children's cartoon. Did it make me laugh? Sure. Did it make me feel the intensity of the universe dying? No. In fact, the story has a lot of massive flaws. Mainly with the ...more
Skye Kilaen
This is the silliest Avengers book we have ever read.

It’s probably not for superhero purists. C-Man and I couldn’t stop laughing, whereas the guys at our local comic shop looked at us funny for loving it. I honestly can’t tell if someone not familiar with Marvel characters would get the full depth of the humor here, but it’s a well-told story with plenty of fun even if you don’t. The plot is basically “something bad happens, an Avengers team saves the world” which is no surprise. The interstell
G.R. Morris
Jul 08, 2015 G.R. Morris rated it it was ok
This was just terrible. Most of the book was obvious filler that had nothing to do with the main plot. Really!? Space pirates and a space blimp? Trying to fill 30 pages per issue must have been a problem for them.
The art was also mediocre at best. The panel layout was good, but the inking and the detail in much of this was lacking.
It wasn't the worst thing ever, so that's why im giving it 2 stars.

Milkman3367
Jan 20, 2013 Milkman3367 rated it it was ok
Mediocre artwork and ill-conceived attempts at humor dragged this down; but then I read reviews which informed me that this was written for a much younger audience as an introduction to the original story.
Funny
May 22, 2015 Funny rated it liked it
I enjoyed this installment in the Avengers' world, but it was not my favorite. I highly recommend it for all Marvel fans; it's worth the time to read and return to the Marvel universe. 3 out of 5 stars.
John
Aug 07, 2011 John rated it really liked it
Funniest super-hero book I've read in a long time. Hilariously odd, which itself is odd since it's based on a series that was dark, dark, dark. Great fun. If all super-hero comics were this enjoyable, I'd read a lot more of them.
Scott wachter
Oct 19, 2012 Scott wachter rated it it was amazing
this captures all the stupid fun awesomeness of comic books and distils it to the very core of joy.

HULK WANT SHOTGUN!
Doom will concede to your demands, this once.
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2015
Danylù Louliette Kazham
Danylù Louliette Kazham rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2013
Moof Kenubi
Moof Kenubi rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2014
Evan Burke
Evan Burke rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2012
Bern Changco
Bern Changco rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2014
Lucas Sciancalepore
Lucas Sciancalepore rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2015
Davy
Davy rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2013
Sem rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2013
Allen Setzer
May 25, 2012 Allen Setzer rated it did not like it
A haphazard, silly version of the original story. It's an insult to the original.
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2014
Zoran Prekodravac
Zoran Prekodravac rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Lucy
Lucy rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
May 23, 2015
David
David rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2013
Ali
Ali rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Eugenia Ward
Eugenia Ward rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Ajinkya Kolhe
Ajinkya Kolhe rated it it was ok
Dec 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Brian Clevinger is best known as the author of the most popular sprite webcomic, and one of the most popular webcomics overall, 8-Bit Theater. He is also the author of the self-published novel Nuklear Age. Clevinger has recently received attention for his Eisner-nominated print comic Atomic Robo.

Claiming that his "favorite comics are the ones where the jokes are on the reader," Clevinger is an e
More about Brian Clevinger...