Rosie Meadows Regrets

Rosie Meadows Regrets

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  502 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Two years after committing herself to a relationship, Rosie is beginning to think that cosy isn't all its cracked up to be. Bridge parties have never really been her thing, and it would be nice to feel beautiful just once in a while. Enough is enough. It's time to get her life back!
Published May 6th 1999 by Headline Book Publishing (first published May 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Rosie Meadows Regrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rosie Meadows Regrets

Barbara Elsborg
A fun, frothy, at times silly but at other times insightful light-hearted romantic comedy. I really liked it. There were lots of laugh out loud moments. There was an actual PLOT! The characters were fun and yes, over the top, but so what? This isn't trying to be literary fiction, just an amusing story and it was.
No sex, a fair amount of angst. I'd have liked a bit more from the 'hero' but when a book is told in the first person, it's rather limiting. But one of my favourite Catherine Alliot's.
Fran Macilvey
Rosie Meadows Regrets - by Catherine Alliott

It is a long time since I read any of Alliott's books, but this one came recommended by Melanie Jones, a Goodreads author, whose book "L'Amour Actually" is one of my 2013 favourites. Anything recommended by Melanie has to be worth a look, and I was not disappointed.

RMR is a romp of a read, funny, engaging, thoughtful and witty, with laugh aloud humour and enough zany madness to keep me turning pages well after midnight. I have lots to do, but could no...more
Jenn Bragg
This book started out a little slow for me. I wasn't entirely sure where it was going(view spoiler) From that point on I was hooked.

Shockingly I was not "in on" the final outcome in this story. There was no real foreshadowing, which was brilliant! When everything started rolling together at the end of the story I was surprised and I think, perhaps, that this is what made this story to exceptional.

Long story short? This story was charming, w...more
Maria M. Elmvang
I originally read this book way back in high school, and had forgotten almost all about it, except for some few very specific details about the plot. Couldn't even remember the title or author, so when somebody on the "What was that book" group suggested this might be it, there was no way to tell but actually read it... or listen to it, as the case was here. Of the four main details I remembered, three were spot on, so though I had no real burst of recognition, I'm willing to concede that the la...more
Janet Roberts
My book has a different cover to the one shown - just a girl in a green dress wearing sunglasses - and it was this that put me right off! A friend had lent me a battered, well-read copy and I'd been horrified. It certainly didn't look like the sort of book I'd either read or enjoy.
After months sitting on the shelf, I felt guilty about not returning it, so reluctantly started to read, intending to just glance at the first couple of chapters, and then make an excuse about retuning it.
In fact, from...more
Jessica Pappa
this was a light,sometimes funny read.just what was needed inbetween more ''heavy'' books.
i must say i hated the book cover.mine had a blond woman in a green dress sitting.i nearly didn't read it cause of the cover.i'm glad i did though!
i couldnt get an image of Rossie, the blond girl from the cover kept creeping up in my mind!!!!!
my favorite character was joss.
read if you want something light but also with a plot and some twists !!!
Aditi
God what an irritating book. Things keep happening to Rosie Meadows, recent divorcee and mother of one after she decides to leave her husband and move into a little cottage of her own and start life over again. The first part of the book is really insightful while it talks about Rosie's take on her marriage and regrets, but the rest degenerates into incidents spurred by psychological and sexual repression leading up to an eventual rescue at the hands of a strong and silent man. Also a detective...more
Pip
Probably my favourite Alliot read. You warm it the character and the setting (another beautiful stately home in glorious home county land) and feel for the characters which are well sketched out. The newer covers are better then the first neon releases!
Heather
Another enjoyable Alliot read, and yes this one also had laugh out loud moments; one in particular involving fast driving and a pig. Rosie was stumbling through life believing that it was her lot to make do. Three years into a marriage with a prat of a man, Harry; but a delightful 2 year old son Ivo; Rosie decides she can no longer do this and it is time to get out. Disaster upon disaster, misunderstandings and general confusion follows as her life becomes messy and confused, entangled with that...more
Mookie
Rurae
This is a light frothy and quite witty read. Of all the chick lits I read in my wayward youth this one is one that sticks out because of the humor. I doubt I'll re-read it - the only chick lit author I've re-read in recent years is Marian Keyes and to be honest it bugs me that she's labelled as a chick lit writer because she's so much more.

If you want an easy, light, enjoyable fluff read for the beach you could do worse than this.
Penny Little
A frothy fictional read for the beach. You have to read it with a pinch of salt - I hope so many things like this don't really happen in one person's real life. It doesn't always add up.
Jill
Really enjoyed this book. Characters are easy to like, unlike some in her later novels. Quite fast paced as Rosie lurchs from one disaster to another.
Robyn
Read this book quite quickly. Totally enjoyed this chick-lit novel, and got engrossed into the story. Want to read more of Catherine Alliott's books.
Jo
After a slow start this one picked up and I enjoyed the countryside romp - with a few unexpected turn of events thrown in for good measure :)
Edem Onofeghara
I actually liked this book. The psychology behind the characters was what stood out for me. I could probably sit and psycho-analyse a lot of them!
Nicky
Loved it! Loads of laugh out loud moments int his book....not so good if you are sat on a train/bus or something, get some odd looks.
Caroline
I read this before I joined GoodReads. Rating it as I remember it.

2 stars - Just OK
Fibrelady
It was a good bit of "Mind Fluff" to read while I was distracted with other happenings.
Nicki Adams

I thoroughly enjoyed this read. I shall seek out the author for future reads!
Jo
Easy average chick-lit, but am getting too old for this kind of thing...
Amanda
what a bore!

Couldn't even bring myself to finish.....
M
My favorite Alliot book so far!
Claire Rutherford
Absolutely hilarious, loved it
Mel
The best by Catherine Alliott.
Rita
Sep 21, 2013 Rita added it
Neither good comic novel or decent chick-lit but somewhere strangely between the two.
Erica Dayandante
Erica Dayandante marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
  • Plan B
  • The World of Suzie Wong
  • Between the Sheets
  • That Loving Feeling
Catherine Alliott was born and raised in Hertfordshire. After graduating from Warwick university she moved to London, where she worked as a copywriter in advertising. She now lives with her husband, a barrister, and their three children.
More about Catherine Alliott...
A Crowded Marriage The Secret Life Of Evie Hamilton A Rural Affair Olivia's Luck The Old Girl Network