Start by marking “Grant's Atlas of Anatomy” as Want to Read:
Grant's Atlas of Anatomy

Grant's Atlas of Anatomy

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Since 1943, students have made Grant's the centerpiece of their anatomy lab experience. Now in its Eleventh Edition, this classic atlas continues to provide students with accurate anatomical images presented in a pedagogically effective, clinically relevant manner. This new edition has been revised to include 100 additional four-color illustrations, additional orientation ...more
Paperback, 11th Edition, 848 pages
Published April 30th 2004 by LWW (first published 1943)

To ask other readers questions about Grant's Atlas of Anatomy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grant's Atlas of Anatomy

Am I the only person who prefers Grant's over Netter? I think so. Netter is dynamic and beautiful, but the number of anatomical structures he labels on one image is baffling. Whereas, Grant's provides a plethora of images, with various angles and tissue layers, in greater detail.
Additionally, the entire cranial nerves chapter is superior to Netter's. Anyone should be willing to admit that.
Grant's Atlas has some of the best conceptual illustrations of the body of any atlas I have read. They are clear and are loaded with details that can truly buttress anatomy classes. However, there is very, very little text, and the text that the authors do include are mere descriptions of the illustrations. When studying anatomy, Grant's is very helpful if you need to look up a structure and clearly see its features and relationships to other features of the body. But when you're trying to learn ...more
Oh so fat and oh so great! I already had an Anatomy book but the pictures here are great! Plus they gave it to me for free from nursing school :)
As far as anatomy goes, lots of illustrations from different views, so it's good for that, and, I think, better (though not absolutely required) than general anatomy & physiology books, but I haven't seen Netter's atlas (though I love his drawings), so I'm not sure if it's 5-star worthy.
This is my favorite anatomy book of the others I own. It was a very helpful companion guide to use with White's Human Osteology text in my Human Osteology class. It helps alot with muscle attachments. Highle recommended.
was my first book in the medical school its simple and has quite informative pictures that we can depend on it
We studied it with clinically oriented anatomy or/and Snell
sometimes cunningham
This was another great trash-pick. WONDERFUL illustrations in this book - I have used it for reference for more than one art project.
very useful for the amateur people mechanic.
Hans Ollaiver
Inb. 7:e uppl. Ljusblå.
Jan 21, 2009 Billy is currently reading it
Atlas of human anatomy
Reemyy Fawzyy
Dec 27, 2012 Reemyy Fawzyy is currently reading it
i want to see it
Dhai marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Julia added it
Nov 18, 2015
Theodore is currently reading it
Nov 15, 2015
Daniel marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Ahmed Badr
Ahmed Badr marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Farooq marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Jean Chen
Jean Chen marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Georgia marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Subhash Chander
Subhash Chander marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Shade marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Emma Scheltema
Emma Scheltema marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Manjula Bisht
Manjula Bisht marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Parbat Thapa
Parbat Thapa marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Nandini marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
  • Junqueira's Basic Histology: Text and Atlas, 12th Edition [With CDROM]
  • Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, with E-Book
  • Textbook of Medical Physiology
  • Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology
  • Physiology (Board Review Series)
  • Magic, Witchcraft, and Religion: An Anthropological Study of the Supernatural