Start by marking “The Path of a Christian Witch” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Path of a Christia...

Adelina St. Clair
Preview

The Path of a Christian Witch

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  26 reviews

Is it possible to be a Christian Witch?

At a time when the merging of spiritual systems can be controversial and challenging, this inspiring book offers guidance and insight into blending faiths in today's world.

Raised in the Catholic faith, Adelina St. Clair spent many years questioning and soul-searching before she found a way to merge aspects of Wicca and Christianity

Published September 1st 2010 by Llewellyn Worldwide, LTD. (first published July 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Path of a Christian Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Path of a Christian Witch

Lee Harmon
Joyce called me to the center of the circle. I walked up to her, my heart pounding in my chest. Our eyes locked. She said, “Adelina, have you chosen your deity pair?” I answered, “I have.” She continued, “Who have you chosen?” I took a deep breath, bathed in the energy of this holy gathering and stated for all to hear, “Jesus of Nazareth and Mary of Magdala.”

If you’re reading this from a Christian perspective, may I make a suggestion about how to approach this book? Don’t read critically. Suspen
Silke
First of all for you need to see this book in its right setting. Especially for West European readers like myself. In Canada and the united states Christianity is still a big thing. Whole communities are built around a church and at times I thought “really, are you serious about this?” But that is when I learned I had to put it a little bit in perspective. Here the churches are running empty and we don’t really follow the guidelines in the bible anymore.
This book caught my attention because I my
Amanda Pearl
The Path of a Christian Witch is is a beautifully written account of one person's struggle to balance the faith she was born into and loved with a new found relationship with the Divine feminine. I really related to this book, being brought up Christian myself, and found a lot of comfort knowing that other people had gone through the same struggles.

This book is an important work about spiritual tolerance. People of all religions spend so much time judging one another, and a person blending two
Carola
I really enjoyed reading this book. It's part memoir and part "how-to". Being someone who grew up Catholic, it gave me a lot to think about. All along I felt that the church (at least the ones I went to) only preached fear and used that to bully people into doing what they wanted. This is why I follow the Wiccan path. I loved the authors journey, but a little different than mine. I feel a pull and connection to elemental beings, the fairy folk, and mystical beings, so I don't think the Christian ...more
Jenne
The book was written from the perspective of a Catholic Christian so she very much had different views than my own Christianity. I was able to understand most of her Catholic background but it still didn't provide for me the connection with Christianity I was hoping for. She does however share my frustrations with feminism being cast down, authority/organized religion truncating personal spirituality so much of what she wrote was very familiar. Overall, I liked it. I'm glad I own a copy of it an ...more
Onyx
Jan 19, 2014 Onyx rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Open-Minded Christians and Wiccans
This book kind of came to me at the right time....
I have my doubts though, that the author has written this book under her real name, because to do that would have invited some to stone her and others to roast her. After all, this an attempt to join together two beliefs systems that are notoriously uncomfortable with each other into one that's workable. I nevertheless see a woman who was courageous enough to take an honest look at her beliefs and ask herself, "But what is it that I'm really abou
Grete
Part spiritual memoir, part apologetics, part how-to manual - this book tries to be and do too many things, and doesn't do any of them particularly well. Competent but uninspiring prose; curiously impersonal, for a memoir. St. Clair is seriously underinformed about the diversity within Christian theology and practice, and she relies heavily on stereotypes about the Church.
Amy Law
I picked up this book out curiosity and was pleasantly surprised. I very much enjoyed the book. Its more a spiritual diary more than anything. But done in a very enjoyable way.

Recommended for: those that feel conflicted between the two religions

This book does seem to bring up an issue I see more and more lately in the pagan community. Which is this animosity against any differing of opinions. Its truly sad. The people who claim to be the most open minded, seem to become the most closed minded.
Linda Fithian
Christian Witch here

I absolutely loved this book. It made me understand my feelings and know that I am not alone. Very informative and simply explained. Bravo!!!!!
Gaile
The author began in confusion over her christian faith and her interest in the feminine side of religion. During the course of this book, she manages to merge the two into a faith she can live with.
She had a Roman Catholic upbringing. I too of that church but early Christianity had to work with the pagan beliefs of the common people who were very stubborn in letting go of them. Much of the rituals and practices of Catholicism have evolved out of the pagan religions. Much has also been lost. Find
Christine
I enjoyed this book since I have recently re-explored my Catholic roots by attending RCIA and getting confirmed at age 48. I was curious as to how the author bridged the thinking between Catholicism and being a Witch. I think she has done well although I don't agree with some because that isn't my experience. I do agree there is a lot of occult in the Catholic church which I find fascinating. The rigidity of the church though has turned me away but I also took a lot away from my experience.

Betty Cross
A truly original spiritual perspective, but it's likely to drive mainstream theologians (whether Catholic, Protestant or Orthodox) nuts.

Ms. St. Clair describes a journey of spiritual discovery. She is not out to found a new religion. She may not even have a coven. Much of what she does is in the "solitary practitioner" mode. Recommended for neo-Pagans and those who feel internally torn when faced with the choice of being Pagan or Christian.
Tiffany Seda-addington
An interesting book on a rather unique blending of spiritual paths. It can be a bit overwhelming at times so it took me awhile to finish the book. It's mostly a kind of memoir.
Sandra
was well written and I enjoyed finding there were many connections or similarities in paganism and Christianity. Was nice knowing I'm not completely alone in my journey and though I may not be a catholic or witch I understand the dilemma of finding your own inner voice and peace and feeling you belong. excellent book will be rereading it in the future. loads of great advice for developing a practice.
Ashley
This book was the first I read on my spiritual journey. I think it really bridged the gap between Christianity and witchcraft, and enforced my own belief that Church dogma and the teachings of Jesus are, often times, two separate things. I recommend this book for anyone interested in witchcraft, but unsure how it will mesh with currently held beliefs. You'll learn a lot.
Wolf
This book is beautifully written. It is simply the story of what Adelina went through on her journey to understand her place in the world. There were a lot of moments that made me cry because I understood how she torn she felt inside and some because her joy made me that happy. I would love to sit with the author and just hear more of her journey.

Lovely.
Juanita Baltz
I found this book and it took me about two weeks to decide that it was o.k. for me to read it. Would it be a book that I felt I had to hide? I loved it. It is about a young woman who mixes her Christianity with Wicca and did not feel shame. It took two tried before she felt at ease. I grew several sizes in my own search when she names her pantheon.
Jean-Pierre Vidrine
Two parts diary and one part instruction, this book is an interesting look into one woman's spiritual journey to transcend religious barriers that should not exist. It serves as an inspiration and a starting point. If I weren't already of eclectic spiritual beliefs, this book probably would have opened me up to them. I'm very glad to have discovered it.
Lisa Jamieson
This book was enlightening and a refreshing look upon the difficulty it is to make a choice between the faith you were raised with and the faith that you believe in. I simply loved it. The book offered up the feeling you are not the only one in the world who looks to something older and wiser, it offered hope.
Brittany
Really enjoyed this - while I don't know that I agree with absolutely everything that works for her, the core is excellent. We need more of these kinds of books in the world and I will definitely turn to this one many more times in the future.
fleegan
This memoir was really vague. It's a memoir but it's not that personal and she doesn't give a lot of details about her life. She mostly talks about rituals and witchcraft. It was short.
Paula Kirman
In the end, the author is definitely more witch than Christian, but it is an interesting personal story of a spiritual path that is rather unique.
Alison Mahnich
This is a very interesting book!You should probably be quite secure in your faith and spirituality before reading this book.
Ashley Howd
Beautifully written. Very helpful for those struggling with how Christianity and Paganism can relate.
Lina
A little fluffy but it gave me a lot to think about.
Maura
Eloquent and thoughtfully written. This book is a gem.
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Vanity Vain
Vanity Vain marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Joannne
Joannne marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
  • Jesus Through Pagan Eyes: Bridging Neopagan Perspectives with a Progressive Vision of Christ
  • The Two Marys: The Hidden History of the Mother and Wife of Jesus
  • Hekate Her Sacred Fires
  • Magical Herbalism: The Secret Craft of the Wise
  • The Guises of the Morrigan - The Irish Goddess of Sex & Battle
  • Candlemas: Feast of Flames
  • Bloody Irish: Great Irish Vampire Stories
  • Kindling the Celtic Spirit: Ancient Traditions to Illumine Your Life Through the Seasons
  • Angel Therapy: Healing Messages for Every Area of Your Life
  • Celtic Women's Spirituality: Accessing the Cauldron of Life
  • Magdalen Rising: The Beginning (Maeve Chronicles, #1)
  • Halloween: Spells, Recipes & Customs
  • The Apple Branch: A Path to Celtic Ritual
  • Gospel According to Jesus
  • The Winter Solstice: The Sacred Traditions of Christmas
  • Embracing the Moon: A Witch's Guide to Rituals, Spellcraft and Shadow Work
  • Pagan Christmas: The Plants, Spirits, and Rituals at the Origins of Yuletide
  • Yule: A Celebration of Light & Warmth
The Path of a Christian Witch

“Nature is also God's way of communicating with us. Jesus himself used nature to teach us about God. He used birds and flowers, the weather, precious stones...Looking at nature, we can come to understand God himself.” 4 likes