Start by marking “It Started With A Kiss” as Want to Read:
It Started With A Kiss

It Started With A Kiss

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  2,152 ratings  ·  169 reviews
From the author that gave you the Sunday Times top 10 selling title, Fairytale of New York, join our heroine Romilly as she discovers how far she will go to find the man of her dreams. What would you do to find the one that got away? As the singer in a wedding band, Romily Parker has seen her fair share of happy endings, even though her own love life isn't quite as simple. ...more
Published November 10th 2011 by Avon (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about It Started With A Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Started With A Kiss

Twelve Days of Christmas by Trisha AshleyThe Night Before Christmas by Scarlett BaileyIt Started With A Kiss by Miranda DickinsonMiracle on Regent Street by Ali HarrisWith Love at Christmas by Carole Matthews
Christmas Chick Lit
3rd out of 164 books — 261 voters
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie KinsellaConfessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaTwenties Girl by Sophie KinsellaRemember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
Have You Read This Chick-lit?
132nd out of 705 books — 728 voters

More lists with this book...

Kate Hewitt
I picked this book up in the supermarket and was really looking forward to a light, fun read. The writing was generally easy and competent, and the premise was great. However I didn't feel like anything actually happened, besides the band members playing a ton of similar wedding gigs. The book goes through a whole year, and I've read several books recently that follow this plot device, and at times it really feels like a laundry list or a girl's diary. Mention of the weather, a quick run-through ...more
Agi
Nov 01, 2012 Agi rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Oh my, somewhere between 1 and 2 stars.
I have read so many good reviews that I have thought I will give this book a go.
And so I did.
Unfortunately, this book didn't work for me. At all. I was reading, reading and reading and turning the pages I had a feeling of deja vu: it was always the same words, the same situations, rehearsal, rehearsal, rehearsal, shoe factory, wedding, wedding, wedding... And then I have found myself to skip, first passages and then the whole pages and didn't feel that I mi
Kesh
After searching for a good, fun romance similar to Sophie Kinsella and Gemma Burgess; I stumbled onto this in the Kindle Store and had high hopes given all the positive reviews. Sadly, this book has disappointed me more than any other I've read this entire year!

I'm a sucker for a modern day fairytale, but also essential to any good romance IMO are strong female characters. While Romily, did grow as a character I found her too 'flighty' for my taste. She just told her best friend she's been in lo
Lisa Jayne
In The days before my beloved kindle, I would happily root through books at my local supermarket and my husband would roll his eyes at another paperback 'appearing' in our bedroom.

This novel was one of 'those' books, a treasure found amongst all the other best selling books.

One word to sum up the book would be ~ SWEET. The kind of story that you find yourself lost in. Great characters, brilliant original storyline and FULL of heartwarming, 'how it should be' romance.

Check out the blurb this co
Leah
I adore Miranda Dickinson, not only is she one of the brightest new talents in Chick Lit, but she’s also a really, really lovely person. She has a video blog each week about her new novel – the one I’m reviewing, in fact – and she’s such a personable author, someone it’s easy to ask questions to and chat to, she’s awesome. I absolutely loved both of her previous two novels, Fairytale of New York and Welcome To My World so when I received a proof copy of It Started With A Kiss, it’s quite a surpr ...more
Rosina
Firstly, I have to thank Miranda Dickinson herself and Chloe's Chick Lit Reviews for the signed book I won!! It came the day before Christmas Eve and was the perfect Christmas gift. If you're somehow reading this, it totally made my day, thank you!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was exactly the book I needed. I started reading it on Christmas Eve, so I wanted a nice, light-hearted read to snuggle in bed with and make me feel all warm inside. This was like one of Auntie Mags' cakes and the perfect prescription.

I loved th
chippyvale
I was a bit surprised by some of the negative reviews but different people have different tastes I guess. :) For me, I LOVE it. I think it has done well in several aspects. Heart-warming? Checked. Element(s) of surprise? Checked. Good detailing? Checked checked! I particularly enjoyed how the author described Romily and her bandmates as they performed in various wedding (or not) gigs.

Also, the author acknowledged through Romily that searching for that elusive man who gave her a smooch after hel
Rea Sinfield
The first thing which stands out for me in this book is the descriptive writing that Miranda Dickinson uses to set the scene straight from the start of the book. I felt as though I was there in the Christmas market with Romily which helps the storyline feel more real.

The book starts off at such a fast pace and throws us straight into a gripping storyline. By the end of the first chapter I loved the character of Romily she is so easy to connect to and you find your heart going out to her.
This boo
Nathalie
I was so excited to get this book, as I have loved Miranda's previous books, and she is one of my favourite authors :)
It's such a lovely book, really took me in, and I adored the characters. I absolutely loved Uncle Dudley and Auntie Mags, they are so lovely! Really felt like I was in the room with them whenever they were in a scene :)
I loved how Miranda kept you guessing, even when I thought what the ending would be, Miranda manages to produce a twist that I didn't see coming!

Definitely get
Eve
Great story, very unique but what bothered me the most were the elements that distracted me from the main story... lots of unnecessary pages:( I would've enjoy much more if the book was 300 pages and without the stories that weren't important. Loved how it started with the confession and i had very HIGH expectations...
»Elisha«
Disclaimer: This is not my type of book at all so take what I have to say with a grain of salt.
This was The Wedding Singer meets a Sunday afternoon Lifetime channel movie..you know, the ones that suck you in forcing you to watch till the end all the while seeing previews for the next that you just have to watch. The next thing you know it's 8pm and time for The Amazing Race.
I think I would have liked the book more if it didn't have all the band stuff in it...pretty unnecessary. There were a lot
Izzy
She wastes a whole year looking for a guy who kissed her once.... Does that sound like an interesting book?
Charis Faith
I am crying happy tears and they just won't stop. The recipe for my 5 star review is as follows: weddings, music (+ points for Classical and Oldies references), and a chick lit fantasy that captured me from the get go and pulled me along for the rest of the wild, but inevitably splendid ride.

I knew she would find PK again at (view spoiler). But I didn't expect the twist that followed that reveal. And then the one after that, and the other one after that.
Hasna
My first Miranda Dickinson's book, and it didn't disappoint me. Basically I'm rooting on her writing style. It's just seemingly effortless, seamless, flows like waters on rivers :D (my language).. and the book sets in Birmingham, I've never been there (I mean I've never read a book sets there before :D), so it's big refreshment for me. The city is as beautiful as the story as Miranda draws it.. I've seen it on Google Map too, to help me picturing it.. It certainly tells about a modern happy ever ...more
Lauren
I really wanted to give this book five stars, I really did as I adore Miranda Dickinsons books, but I just didn't think this one was one of my favourites in comparison to some of her others. It follows a girl called Romily, who at the start of the book receives a heart stopping kiss from a stranger at the Christmas market. Ever since she can't keep the handsome stranger out of her mind and so she decides to embark on a 'quest' to find him. Along the way, she starts up a blog called 'it started w ...more
pyjamasmotif
I ended this book with Turning Page as the background music. How perfectly fitting is that...lyric starts with..

I've waited a hundred years.
But I'd wait a million more for you.
Nothing prepared me for
What the privilege of being yours would do.

Somewhere in between, I was rooting for Charlie. He's the right man in the story if there is no competition on "life-changing, heart-stopping kissing virus, heart-stolen, heart-searching quest". But all ends well and everyone's happy...a nice picture at the
Stephanie
I've enjoyed Miranda' s books before and was looking forward to this one. I did enjoy the read, there is some repetition but I enjoyed that. My lower rating is really due to the ending which I'm afraid I found unsatisfactory. I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone so won't be specific but just to say I didn't feel invested in the actual ending.
Valery Beauchamp
Dopo aver letteralmente adorato “Cosa indossare al primo appuntamento” edito da Newton Compton, ho deciso di dare una possibilità anche ad un altro libro della medesima collana. Vorrei potervi dire che questo libro dal nome “Iniziò tutto con un bacio” mi è entrato nel cuore, ma purtroppo non è così e vi spiego perché.

La storia mi sembrava carina, la protagonista è Romily che, dopo una disastrosa dichiarazione d’amore, scappa dal cafè e va a sbattere contro una bancarella di pupazzi dove viene ai
Jo
This was my first reading of a Miranda Dickinson novel, which I chose for it's Christmas theme. I really liked the detail of the band/wedding venues that they had to play at - particularly the one which had them dressed in ridiculous medieval costumes - the humour in this section was great, and I thought the relationship between the band as a whole came across well.

However, while I was attracted to the premise of the book and Romily's 'will they/wont they' relationship with Charlie, I was a bit
Rebecca
I loved loved loved this book... until a few pages before the end, when it didn't go my way. 5 stars if it had an alternative ending.
Hollzies
The book started on a high note but let me down with its repetitiveness. All in all this book is a waste of time.
Smelleykins
Dear Miranda stop making me think i know the endings to books and then suddenly changing the dinamics so i don't. This book was brilliant. I picked it up because i thought it be a light read and I haven't gone wrong with Mirandas books so far.

This is another great story, i loved it because the first chapter and then the rest of the book was mainly set in my home town of Birmingham and just reading the places these characters lived/visited made me smile. I'd grew up seeing these places and it wa
Natalia Bona
I really liked it :) Finally started and finished a book after the Fifty Shades series
Aoife
I give this book 2.5 stars.
I picked this book up due to the Christmas season, I felt like reading something with a bit of Christmas cheer. I was a little wrong however, as there wasn't actually that much Christmas in the book.

I will start that I did love Romily, and not just because of her beautiful name. She showed strength when she was honest with Charlie about how she felt and throughout the year, she never allowed anything to stop her hope in believing she would find PK.

The character who an
Deborah
Recensione pubblicata sul blog Leggendo Romance

Cosa fareste se dopo anni a provare un sentimento d'amore per il vostro migliore amico trovaste il coraggio di confessarlo e la sua reazione non fosse quella sperata? E se subito dopo incontraste un uomo che con un solo bacio rubato e improvviso vi sconvolgesse il cuore e la mente per poi fuggire senza lasciarvi un nome o un recapito?
Non so voi ma io sicuramente non avrei avuto il coraggio (o la pazzia) della protagonista Romily, che ingaggia una ve
Vaishnavi
The book as a story deserves a 4 star.. or maximum a 4.5
I would have given beyond 5 stars if this was a movie. I've still given this a 5, because, for some reason, this book has become close to my heart, somehow struck a strange warm chord with me. I just cannot shake tht feeling of warmth and the crazy lopsided grin on my face..the sheer cheering effect this had on me. So, yes, my review would seem a bit biased and umm..maybe not make sense. But, I read a book, it made me feel good, even though
Simona
It started with a kiss… This just sounds so out of a movie.

Being in love with the best friend, that’s never easy. Romily decided to tell Charlie about her feelings. If only she hadn’t. Charlie doesn’t share the same feelings and their relationship as best friends really suffers, because of that. To be honest, I really hated how Charlie treated her after that. I wanted to like him, but…

Then the mysterious stranger came along and they kissed. I instantly knew, that there had been something special
Mia Campion
They say "don't judge a book by its cover". But when it comes to chick-lit, that's exactly what I do. As I walked into the shop and saw its shiny cover, I knew I had to read it.

And I was right. It's not one of those books that will blow your mind (that's why to me it's a 3.5 stars), but it's definitely the perfect book to cuddle up on the sofa with while outside's snowing and Christmas is just around the corner. Although the story spans over an entire year, the holiday feeling never leaves you.
Kim
I originally had It Started with a Kiss on my to-read list for December 2011. I ordered it from Bokus but it never arrived. I stumbled upon it again on Amazon.co.uk and decided I had to have it. I am so glad I decided to read it. ISwaK is a sweet story about fate, love and second chances.

Romily (Rom) Parker is a vocalist in a wedding band. She's been in love with her best friend Charlie for too long. The trouble is Charlie's completely clueless to how she feels about him. On Christmas Eve, she
Kevin I Heart.. Chick Lit
Review originally on www.iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com

Why you would love this:
The first ever book I read by Miranda Dickinson was When I Fall In Love, which was out last year. I will never forget it as it was simply magical and beautifully written. Since then, I've been a fan of Miranda's magical, sparkling books. After reading When I Fall In Love, it definitely made an impression and I knew I had to read Miranda's other books, so I bought It Started With A Kiss and read it and loved it.

It Starte
  • Meet Me Under the Mistletoe
  • Christmas at Tiffany's
  • The Magic of Christmas
  • From London with Love
  • Christmas at the Cupcake Café (At the Cupcake Café, #2)
  • Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
  • The Secret of Happy Ever After
  • Breakfast at Darcy's
Miranda Dickinson has always had a head full of stories. Coming from a creative family where stories and songs were always present, it was perhaps inevitable that she would end up adoring words. A songwriter for over 15 years, Miranda has successfully penned over thirty songs, delivering both live and recorded performances in a range of venues across the UK and Europe. Her first solo project album ...more
More about Miranda Dickinson...
Fairytale of New York Welcome to My World Take A Look At Me Now When I Fall In Love I’ll Take New York

“To dreams. And believing they're possible.” 8 likes
“Hurt and confusion mixing with anger to form a dangerously flammable cocktail.” 5 likes