Start by marking “It Started With A Kiss” as Want to Read:
It Started With A Kiss

It Started With A Kiss

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  2,823 Ratings  ·  183 Reviews
From the author that gave you the Sunday Times top 10 selling title, Fairytale of New York, join our heroine Romilly as she discovers how far she will go to find the man of her dreams. What would you do to find the one that got away? As the singer in a wedding band, Romily Parker has seen her fair share of happy endings, even though her own love life isn't quite as simple. ...more
Published November 10th 2011 by Avon (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about It Started With A Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Started With A Kiss

Twelve Days of Christmas by Trisha AshleyThe Night Before Christmas by Scarlett BaileyIt Started With A Kiss by Miranda DickinsonThe Gift by Cecelia AhernWith Love at Christmas by Carole Matthews
Christmas Chick Lit
3rd out of 243 books — 320 voters
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaConfessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie KinsellaTwenties Girl by Sophie KinsellaRemember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
Have You Read This Chick-lit?
176th out of 869 books — 913 voters

More lists with this book...

Nov 03, 2011 Leah rated it it was amazing
I adore Miranda Dickinson, not only is she one of the brightest new talents in Chick Lit, but she’s also a really, really lovely person. She has a video blog each week about her new novel – the one I’m reviewing, in fact – and she’s such a personable author, someone it’s easy to ask questions to and chat to, she’s awesome. I absolutely loved both of her previous two novels, Fairytale of New York and Welcome To My World so when I received a proof copy of It Started With A Kiss, it’s quite a surpr ...more
Rea Cobb
Nov 10, 2011 Rea Cobb rated it it was amazing
The first thing which stands out for me in this book is the descriptive writing that Miranda Dickinson uses to set the scene straight from the start of the book. I felt as though I was there in the Christmas market with Romily which helps the storyline feel more real.

The book starts off at such a fast pace and throws us straight into a gripping storyline. By the end of the first chapter I loved the character of Romily she is so easy to connect to and you find your heart going out to her.
This boo
Oct 23, 2011 Eve rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-flick
Great story, very unique but what bothered me the most were the elements that distracted me from the main story... lots of unnecessary pages:( I would've enjoy much more if the book was 300 pages and without the stories that weren't important. Loved how it started with the confession and i had very HIGH expectations...
Nov 01, 2012 Agi rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
Oh my, somewhere between 1 and 2 stars.
I have read so many good reviews that I have thought I will give this book a go.
And so I did.
Unfortunately, this book didn't work for me. At all. I was reading, reading and reading and turning the pages I had a feeling of deja vu: it was always the same words, the same situations, rehearsal, rehearsal, rehearsal, shoe factory, wedding, wedding, wedding... And then I have found myself to skip, first passages and then the whole pages and didn't feel that I mi
Dec 02, 2011 Kesh rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
After searching for a good, fun romance similar to Sophie Kinsella and Gemma Burgess; I stumbled onto this in the Kindle Store and had high hopes given all the positive reviews. Sadly, this book has disappointed me more than any other I've read this entire year!

I'm a sucker for a modern day fairytale, but also essential to any good romance IMO are strong female characters. While Romily, did grow as a character I found her too 'flighty' for my taste. She just told her best friend she's been in lo
Dec 27, 2011 Rosina rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas-reads
Firstly, I have to thank Miranda Dickinson herself and Chloe's Chick Lit Reviews for the signed book I won!! It came the day before Christmas Eve and was the perfect Christmas gift. If you're somehow reading this, it totally made my day, thank you!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was exactly the book I needed. I started reading it on Christmas Eve, so I wanted a nice, light-hearted read to snuggle in bed with and make me feel all warm inside. This was like one of Auntie Mags' cakes and the perfect prescription.

I loved th
Dec 11, 2011 »Elisha« rated it it was ok
Disclaimer: This is not my type of book at all so take what I have to say with a grain of salt.
This was The Wedding Singer meets a Sunday afternoon Lifetime channel know, the ones that suck you in forcing you to watch till the end all the while seeing previews for the next that you just have to watch. The next thing you know it's 8pm and time for The Amazing Race.
I think I would have liked the book more if it didn't have all the band stuff in it...pretty unnecessary. There were a lot
Kirsty (Book - Love - Bug)
Dec 20, 2011 Kirsty (Book - Love - Bug) rated it it was amazing
What a book! This truly is the ultimate tale of fate and destiny. A complete fairytale; a lot of girls will recognise this fantasy.

I was hooked from the very first sentence, and that addiction didn’t relent until I’d turned the very last page! Some books just grab you, reel you in and hold you in suspense and it isn’t until you’ve finished that you realise you’ve been holding your breath. This is one of those.

The set list that Miranda Dickinson has accompanying this book is perfect – it fits wit
Sep 05, 2013 Bookevin rated it it was amazing
Review originally on

Why you would love this:
The first ever book I read by Miranda Dickinson was When I Fall In Love, which was out last year. I will never forget it as it was simply magical and beautifully written. Since then, I've been a fan of Miranda's magical, sparkling books. After reading When I Fall In Love, it definitely made an impression and I knew I had to read Miranda's other books, so I bought It Started With A Kiss and read it and loved it.

It Starte
Jan 07, 2012 Nathalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to get this book, as I have loved Miranda's previous books, and she is one of my favourite authors :)
It's such a lovely book, really took me in, and I adored the characters. I absolutely loved Uncle Dudley and Auntie Mags, they are so lovely! Really felt like I was in the room with them whenever they were in a scene :)
I loved how Miranda kept you guessing, even when I thought what the ending would be, Miranda manages to produce a twist that I didn't see coming!

Definitely get
Kate Hewitt
Jan 11, 2012 Kate Hewitt rated it it was ok
Shelves: light-reads
I picked this book up in the supermarket and was really looking forward to a light, fun read. The writing was generally easy and competent, and the premise was great. However I didn't feel like anything actually happened, besides the band members playing a ton of similar wedding gigs. The book goes through a whole year, and I've read several books recently that follow this plot device, and at times it really feels like a laundry list or a girl's diary. Mention of the weather, a quick run-through ...more
May 14, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it
I originally had It Started with a Kiss on my to-read list for December 2011. I ordered it from Bokus but it never arrived. I stumbled upon it again on and decided I had to have it. I am so glad I decided to read it. ISwaK is a sweet story about fate, love and second chances.

Romily (Rom) Parker is a vocalist in a wedding band. She's been in love with her best friend Charlie for too long. The trouble is Charlie's completely clueless to how she feels about him. On Christmas Eve, she
Mar 06, 2013 Stephanie rated it liked it
I've enjoyed Miranda' s books before and was looking forward to this one. I did enjoy the read, there is some repetition but I enjoyed that. My lower rating is really due to the ending which I'm afraid I found unsatisfactory. I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone so won't be specific but just to say I didn't feel invested in the actual ending.
I loved loved loved this book... until a few pages before the end, when it didn't go my way. 5 stars if it had an alternative ending.
Natalia Bona
Aug 12, 2012 Natalia Bona rated it it was amazing
I really liked it :) Finally started and finished a book after the Fifty Shades series
Dec 18, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it

'It Started with a Kiss' by Miranda Dickinson has got to be one of the best books that I have read during 2012! It was everything that I LOVE to read in a book, funny, romantic, and it had a perfect ending.

What I thought of the front cover.
It depicts the perfect Christmassy scene, and with Christmas only a few days away, this really struck a chord with me :) It's beauuutiful! Everything about it screams out 'LOVE', 'MAGIC' and 'TAKING CHANCES'. I, for one, would love to be the wo
Jan 11, 2013 chippyvale rated it it was amazing
I was a bit surprised by some of the negative reviews but different people have different tastes I guess. :) For me, I LOVE it. I think it has done well in several aspects. Heart-warming? Checked. Element(s) of surprise? Checked. Good detailing? Checked checked! I particularly enjoyed how the author described Romily and her bandmates as they performed in various wedding (or not) gigs.

Also, the author acknowledged through Romily that searching for that elusive man who gave her a smooch after hel
Lisa Jayne
Apr 05, 2013 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it
In The days before my beloved kindle, I would happily root through books at my local supermarket and my husband would roll his eyes at another paperback 'appearing' in our bedroom.

This novel was one of 'those' books, a treasure found amongst all the other best selling books.

One word to sum up the book would be ~ SWEET. The kind of story that you find yourself lost in. Great characters, brilliant original storyline and FULL of heartwarming, 'how it should be' romance.

Check out the blurb this co
Oct 13, 2013 Jana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
You know, I said to myself one day, 'gee, chick-lit seems to be popular nowadays, I'll just check some reviews of the genre online to see if it's gonna click with me.' Thus, in doing so, I've discovered that, apparently, chick-lit was for middle-aged women and, rather negatively, those who were a sucker for sappy romance films and had nothing better to do than sigh about their love lives.

Then, I saw this book. I saw its cover and said, "my, what a gorgeous font!"* I saw the palette and appreciat
Apr 09, 2014 Simona rated it really liked it
It started with a kiss… This just sounds so out of a movie.

Being in love with the best friend, that’s never easy. Romily decided to tell Charlie about her feelings. If only she hadn’t. Charlie doesn’t share the same feelings and their relationship as best friends really suffers, because of that. To be honest, I really hated how Charlie treated her after that. I wanted to like him, but…

Then the mysterious stranger came along and they kissed. I instantly knew, that there had been something special
Dec 13, 2013 anonymous rated it it was amazing
I am not an experienced reviewer with skills and all that,so excuse me.But i do try my absolute best to not include spoilers -- WHAT IS THE POINT OF REVIEWS WITH SPOILERS.ok now.
I LURRRRVEEEED THIS BOOK. i didn't expect it to be this good. I thought it would have those annoying things like bad plots, stupid why-are-you-even-friends-with-her/him friends (although Wren did get on my nerves sometimes,and Tom irked me that once but other than that I adored him) .

so basically Romily runs into this ha
The book as a story deserves a 4 star.. or maximum a 4.5
I would have given beyond 5 stars if this was a movie. I've still given this a 5, because, for some reason, this book has become close to my heart, somehow struck a strange warm chord with me. I just cannot shake tht feeling of warmth and the crazy lopsided grin on my face..the sheer cheering effect this had on me. So, yes, my review would seem a bit biased and umm..maybe not make sense. But, I read a book, it made me feel good, even though
Recensione pubblicata sul blog Leggendo Romance e non solo

Cosa fareste se dopo anni a provare un sentimento d'amore per il vostro migliore amico trovaste il coraggio di confessarlo e la sua reazione non fosse quella sperata? E se subito dopo incontraste un uomo che con un solo bacio rubato e improvviso vi sconvolgesse il cuore e la mente per poi fuggire senza lasciarvi un nome o un recapito?
Non so voi ma io sicuramente non avrei avuto il coraggio (o la pazzia) della protagonista Romily, che inga
Jul 04, 2014 Izzy rated it did not like it
She wastes a whole year looking for a guy who kissed her once.... Does that sound like an interesting book?
Aug 28, 2014 Hollzies rated it did not like it
The book started on a high note but let me down with its repetitiveness. All in all this book is a waste of time.
May 19, 2015 Smelleykins rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star, 2015-reads, may
Dear Miranda stop making me think i know the endings to books and then suddenly changing the dinamics so i don't. This book was brilliant. I picked it up because i thought it be a light read and I haven't gone wrong with Mirandas books so far.

This is another great story, i loved it because the first chapter and then the rest of the book was mainly set in my home town of Birmingham and just reading the places these characters lived/visited made me smile. I'd grew up seeing these places and it wa

photo tumblr_megl1rfnU81rcin74o1_500_zps2dzhndjz.png

I read this book because I wanted to read something with a Christmas theme for the holidays. In this story, Romily Parker has just revealed her feelings to her best friend Charlie and is horrified to find out that he doesn't feel the same way. After fleeing the embarrassing scene, Romily runs into a mystery man and within minutes he a.) tells her she's beautiful, b.) kisses her, and c.) runs off himself! Romily decides to dedicate the year to finding her "phantom kisser" to prove to herself tha
Atlanta Whitlock
Dec 07, 2015 Atlanta Whitlock rated it it was amazing
After receiving an email about this book I thought that I must read it because after reading reviews for this book I found it quite intriguing.

You start of with Romily meeting up with her best friend Charlie and she is having a debate in her head about whether she should admit to Charlie that she is in love with him. When she finally reveals her feelings to him, he has no idea how to process what has just been said and that results in Romily running out of the café and away from Charlie.

After r
  • Miracle on Regent Street
  • From London with Love
  • Christmas at Tiffany's
  • The Magic of Christmas
  • Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
  • The Secret of Happy Ever After
  • Breakfast at Darcy's
  • Christmas at the Cupcake Café (At the Cupcake Café, #2)
  • The Charm Bracelet
Miranda Dickinson has always had a head full of stories. Coming from a creative family where stories and songs were always present, it was perhaps inevitable that she would end up adoring words. A songwriter for over 15 years, Miranda has successfully penned over thirty songs, delivering both live and recorded performances in a range of venues across the UK and Europe. Her first solo project album ...more
More about Miranda Dickinson...

“To dreams. And believing they're possible.” 10 likes
“Hurt and confusion mixing with anger to form a dangerously flammable cocktail.” 7 likes