Start by marking “Lessons in Temptation (Cambridge Fellows, #5)” as Want to Read:
Lessons in Temptation (Cambridge Fellows, #5)

Lessons in Temptation (Cambridge Fellows #5)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  217 ratings  ·  23 reviews

He thinks he has everything. Until someone tries to steal it.

Cambridge Fellows Mysteries, Book 5

For friends and lovers Orlando Coppersmith and Jonty Stewart, a visit to Bath starts out full of promise. While Orlando assesses the value of some old manuscripts, Jonty plans to finish his book of sonnets. Nothing exciting…until they are asked to investigate the mysterious

Published (first published November 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Lessons in Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons in Temptation

Sophia
The fifth installment of the Cambridge Fellows series sees Jonty and Orlando visiting Bath for a working holiday that leads to a new murder case to solve and a temptation to stray for Jonty as he encounters an old friend.

The fellows are equally distracted between Jonty's flirtatious friend and a twenty-five year old murder case that sends both men going from one witness to the next getting conflicting stories and evidence. Things start to look bleak for their relationship, but they have fought s
Kassa
The fifth book of the Cambridge Fellows continues the series with a solid plot, mostly interesting mystery and a real test to the relationship. The writing and prose are very classic for the series and fans will feel right at home with the characters and setting. Although the mystery portion of the book is interesting, it’s one of the weaker who-dun-its in the series. Part of this is due to the wonderfully executed test to the relationship in the form of temptation. This particular element almos ...more
Erastes
I think I’m going to have to either go round to Charlie Cochrane’s house and stop her from writing anything else, or stop reviewing her books on the site because it’s becoming embarrassing as to how much we all like them. I even get different reviewers to review them, but it makes no difference. We all love ‘em, and that’s no exception with this book.

First of all, let me advise you that, as the blurb hints, these books are part of a series. (I’ve even made a category now, to make them easier to
Elizabeth H.
I almost didn't read this story, and I actually started it with the intention of reading just a bit of the beginning and then skipping to the end. The reason is that the plotline involves Jonty being really and truly tempted to "cheat" on Orlando with the director of a play being staged in Bath. He'd known Jimmy, who is an American and who doesn't hide his desires or intentions, back at school, although I'm not exactly sure which school. St. Brides? Anyway, I thought I could barely face the disr ...more
Heather
The introduction of Jonty's old friend, Jimmy Harding is troubling from the first "hello" to both Jonty and Orlando and their relationship. When they are asked to solve a twenty-five year old murder, the pair is thrilled even though their personal commitments find themselves splitting the investigation and doing most of it individually. Even though Orlando continues to come into his own in the world and the intimacy between him and his lover, he is still uncomfortable with the personal nature of ...more
Elisa Rolle
Reading a book with Jonty and Orlando as main characters is like meeting with old friends. There is very little to discover, but those little details are delightful.

I have always found Orlando a nice man, but maybe a bit aloof; he is most likely to react hiding himself in an imaginary shell, than facing what he didn’t like; only since Jonty knows him so well, he is able to interpreter his moods and stopping possible trouble even before they happen.

Like in this story: Orland is jealous of Jonty
Saba
This one was a bit of a rollercoaster for me. Cheating is a non-issue for me normally, but I guess the fact that I got irritated just goes to show how fond I am of Dr. Coppersmith. It was a very (maybe a little too) real portrayal of a couple going through the trials of temptation and jealousy. I fall further and further in love with this world.
Cameluta
The fifth book of "Cambridge Fellows" will not disappoint the fans of the series. Mrs. Charlie Cochrane delivers an interesting mystery that Jonty and Orlando have to solve, and in the same time follows the development of their relationship. In this book however, the mystery is somehow shadowed by the "temptation", but this was done so well that the reader finds it right. I really like how Orlando grows with every book, how he changed over time from a shy, introverted person into a confident, ou ...more
Plainbrownwrapper
I just love these, with neither rhyme nor reason nor much need for review. I did feel that Jonty let us all down a bit in this one, but I suppose nobody's perfect. And for the first time in the series, the mystery had nothing to do with homosexuality! That was a surprise, although I suppose it would have been too tiring and boring to continue coming up with such limited plot lines.

These are great for comfort reads. One of those things that, as long as you appreciate the narrative voice and gener
Tamela
I was so worried for Orlando. I know Jonty was having a problem resolving his attraction to another man but he should have talked about it. He almost lost Orlando but once he cleared up the issue, I realized that Orlando still needed that reassurance. He has so little self esteem where his relationships with Jonty and his friends and family are concerned. He's still surprised he even HAS friends.

Another favorite. Recommended.
J.L. Merrow
Another great book in Charlie's Cambridge Fellows series, this one is set in Bath (with a running gag about characters disappearing off to Bristol). Jonty's dilemma upon realising he was seriously attracted to someone who wasn't Orlando really struck a chord with me, and the mystery was nicely intriguing. Beautiful settings, as always, and both the boys showing character growth.
Mara Ismine
Another 'historical' mystery for the amateur sleuths to solve, this one within in living memory. Although Jonty's fight with his attraction to an old acquaintance overshadowed the mystery for me and I had to fight the temptation to shout at my computer from time to time. I know Jonty couldn't hear me, but I still wanted to give him a piece of my mind!
Rebecah
As usual, this installment was excellent. Orlando was so cute when he was jealous. I have to remember sometimes that he is a manly man rather than being effeminate. I chuckled every time he threatened to punch Jimmy. I wanted to thump Jonty's head several times during his temptation crisis. Good book!
Melanie

Rating: 4.25 stars

Read my review here http://wp.me/p220KL-mo

Temptations that threaten Jonty and Orlando's relationship appear just when they least expect it. I love this series and Lessons in Temptation continues to pull the reader into the sometimes rocky path to HEA for Jonty and Orlando.
I had a hard time with this book. Not because it isn't a lovely book, but because my heart was breaking for Orlando. I knew he would be destroyed if he ever found out that Jonty was very attracted to someone else. I guess it is a testament to the author that I am so invested in these characters!
Annelise L'Estrange
I wanted to f*cking kill Jimmy.
All the time. And Jonty too.

(view spoiler)

It was a nice book. It keeps getting better! :)
Edina Rose
Very enjoyable. As good as book 4. It liked how the attraction to another man is dealt with in this book. It is realistic, it happens in most if not all long term relationships. This theme is approached there with maturity. I liked it.
Wren
Charlie Cochrane just gets better and better. She has a true gift with words. Orlando and Jonty are wonderful, full-fledged characters who continue to evolve.
Chris
Very good historical m/m mystery/romance, which finds Jonty and Orlando in Bath for academic pursuits, mostly. This one had me quite anxious (the temptation bit).
Denise
Nan Hawthorne
Read review in the That's All She Read archives at http://allsheread.blogspot.com .
Liz Lovesrainbows
Continue to absolutely LOVE this series!! Orlando and Month are the perfect couple!!
Nightcolors
Read for m/m team bingo challenge.
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Ociany
Ociany marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Haldis
Haldis marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
  • Seducing Stephen
  • The Dark Farewell
  • Lover's Knot
  • Captain's Surrender
  • Dash and Dingo: In Search of the Tasmanian Tiger
  • Winds of Change (Royal Navy, #2)
  • Convincing Arthur (London Legal, #1)
  • The Amethyst Cat Caper (A Tea House Tale, #1)
  • A Private Gentleman
  • The Only Gold
As Charlie Cochrane couldn't be trusted to do any of her jobs of choice - like managing a rugby team - she writes. Her favourite genre is gay fiction, predominantly historical romances/mysteries, but she's making an increasing number of forays into the modern day. She's even been known to write about gay werewolves - albeit highly respectable ones.

Her Cambridge Fellows series of Edwardian romantic
More about Charlie Cochrane...

Cambridge Fellows (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Lessons in Love (Cambridge Fellows, #1)
  • Lessons in Desire (Cambridge Fellows, #2)
  • Lessons in Discovery (Cambridge Fellows, #3)
  • Lessons in Power (Cambridge Fellows, #4)
  • Lessons in Seduction (Cambridge Fellows, #6)
  • Lessons in Trust (Cambridge Fellows, #7)
  • All Lessons Learned (Cambridge Fellows, #8)
  • Lessons for Survivors (Cambridge Fellows, #9)
  • Lessons for Suspicious Minds (Cambridge Fellows, #10)
  • Lessons for Idle Tongues (Cambridge Fellows, #11)
Lessons in Love (Cambridge Fellows, #1) Lessons in Desire (Cambridge Fellows, #2) Lessons in Discovery (Cambridge Fellows, #3) Lessons in Power (Cambridge Fellows, #4) Lessons in Seduction (Cambridge Fellows, #6)