Start by marking “Life After War (Life After War, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Life After War (Life After War, #1-3)

Life After War (Life After War #1-3)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  456 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Life After War is a compelling series that revolves around a handful of unique Americans who survive the nuclear holocaust that causes the fall of our civilization in the year 2012.

Destined to come together, these seven enduring men and women are driven relentlessly across a broken land full of danger and unchecked violence, fate handpicking them to not only lead America'
Nook, Deluxe Edition, 800 pages
Published December 20th 2010 by Cloud 9 Publications (first published December 19th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Life After War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life After War

Cherie
Apr 17, 2015 Cherie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too much.....

There are a couple of things that turned me off about these books and the first one was the "disclaimer", as a reader I truly don't care or even want to know how much a writer has spent on publishing their book. What are you trying to accomplish by doing this? The second thing was the fact that the author named one of the main characters after herself, I read at least 4 books a week of differing genres and not one of them has ever had the author name a character after themselves. It
Samantha Parrish
Awesome book

I didn't expect to like it very much from the reviews (I'm a huge grammar Nazi and it totally takes focus from the story). Not only did I like the book, I fell in love with it! My mouth literally fell open when it ended. I can't wait to get the next book in the series!
Debbie
Jun 02, 2016 Debbie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: apocalypse
I've either already read this or its so like another book that I just can't place - could be. Not that great.
Elizabeth Bailey
May 23, 2015 Elizabeth Bailey rated it it was amazing
This was a mind-blowing fantastic read that had me completely involved in the post-apocalyptic world. The story absorbed me completely, and I had to force myself to stop reading and turn out the light every night. The characters got under my skin, and Angela White's narrative drew me strongly into the woven fabric of her stories. When I got to the end of the 3 books, I immediately downloaded number 4, and was thrilled to find there are 7 in total.

The skill of the book, to my mind, is that Angela
Adrienne Campbell
Jun 25, 2013 Adrienne Campbell rated it liked it
I got this set of three books free for my Nook. This in not a genre I would normally read, but hey, three free books? I couldn't resist! Having said that, I am reminded that you get what you pay for.

If you can overlook the constant grammatical errors, misspelled words, and irritating eBook layout issues and the chopped up timeline, it is not a horrible read. What these books need the most is a good editor. Good editing could have easily brought this group of three books down to one smooth novel.
Greg
Jun 19, 2012 Greg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this an interesting book and at the price I got it (free on her special release weekend) a steal. I had started the first edition of the first book (this edition is books 1-3) and fell into the paragraph whitespace formatting trap. This edition has that fixed so I was able to tear though it...

While I liked it and thought it interesting there were a few things that bugged me a little. The first was that is felt like the mutations started a little early. Just months into the nuclear apoc
Kathleen
May 04, 2013 Kathleen rated it did not like it
I've seen better written (and edited) fanfiction. The grammar is atrocious, the characters read like cardboard cutouts moving randomly around a cheaply made stage, and the author can't seem to decide how to refer to them - in one chapter, two characters are called their names/nicknames, 'the males' (seriously, use 'men and women,' male and female sounds like you're talking about animals), and as the Marine and the Cadet. I'm told that the Cadet wants to kill the Marine, evidently because the Mar ...more
Faye
Jul 01, 2012 Faye rated it it was amazing
Shelves: apocalypse-now
Fantastic book, just could not put it down. Loved having the 3 in 1 setup, it meant I could indulge myself in an excellent post apocalyptic novel. The first book starts with nuclear war and it's immediate grisly aftermath. We meet some survivors and this is their story set out . Cannot recommend this series enough. One of the finest PA series to be ranked alongside the Dark Tower series & the Stand by Stephen King and the Genesis of Shannara series by Terry Brooks.
Robin
Feb 14, 2013 Robin rated it really liked it
Shelves: done
Fantastic book, just could not put it down. I indulged myself exclusively for a weekend with an excellent post apocalyptic novel. The first book starts with nuclear war and it's immediate grisly aftermath. We meet some survivors and this is their story set out . Cannot recommend this series enough. One of the finest PA series to be ranked alongside the Dark Tower series & the Stand by Stephen King and the Genesis of Shannara series by Terry Brooks.
Patiscynical
Rape, murder - it's just a shot away..

This book is filled with rape. Every few pages, another rape scene. It was beginning to wear on me.
After a worldwide apocalypse, one man tries to bring some sort of order into a world of chaos and pain. He has some secret telepathic, (sorta) power. He is using his power for good, which is refreshing, but for the most part the characters in the book are evil, sadistic rapists and torturers.
There are others with strange powers, and all their paths are converg
Julian White
Hmmm... Really not sure about this one. End of civilisation scenario - US first strike nuclear 'terrorism'; charismatic leader trying to preserve and improve American values despite plagues, weather and Mother Nature turning against the human survivors - and an invading force of slavers. Add a smattering of 'powers' and turn the mixture loose... Despite being written by a woman (perhaps that should be 'because'?) there are some odd attitudes to women (who are referred to several times as being ' ...more
Velvetink
Oct 04, 2015 Velvetink rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror-etc
dystopian
Tiffany
Jun 27, 2016 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The “natural state of humankind would be poor, nasty, brutish, and short”- Thomas Hobbes
Some readers don’t like the ugly side of this book. However, I thought it was a great reflection on how society would be/change with no authority. I once heard a comedian say that only thing that stops more murders, is that its illegal. If murder were legal…(I have a list, not as long as Araya Stark’s, but still). Additionally, the rape scenes, the women getting owned…once again, I think once laws and enforc
Robin
Oct 07, 2015 Robin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Got weirder and weirder. Who names the heroine after herself? I initially got sucked into the story, but the ensuing books actually got worse (plus the editing was bad - lots of typos, grammar errors, etc.
Jon
Dec 19, 2013 Jon rated it did not like it
Just not worth it.
Nick
Jun 11, 2016 Nick rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story was OK. Not great, but more of a Stephen King (the Stand) meets Dan Brown and they merge to make a hodgepodge of a story. I read the 1st 3 books in the hopes that something actually happens--payoff at the end of the 3rd book was completely absent.

I didn't care about any of the characters, not even wanting to spend the energy to dislike the ones that the author wants you to. What was really jarring was the author's tendency to constantly switch point of view from character to character
Kimberly C. Winslow
Apocalyptic readers dream!

Stark reality of the brutality it would take for some people to survive. Cleverly, man is not the only thing survivors need to worry about. Mutations, radiation sickness, and a very pissed off mother nature all take out their vengeance on the weary survivor. Dangers come from every direction and it's clear surviving alone would not be likely long term.
Richard Stephens
3.5 stars.

A nice easy read which had me doing the good old "just one more chapter".

While partly a sci-fi it was realistic, also was an interesting mix of drama and fantasy thrown in.

The third book I felt lost its way a bit but made up for it as the tension built towards the end.

Honestly not sure if I will read the next book, kinda want to as want to find out what happens and does SafeHaven survive it's first real test but is the quality of the read worth paying for?
Jillian
May 28, 2012 Jillian rated it really liked it
"What the weather and disease don't take, the gangs adn starvation will. All these threats are lessened when humanity come together. Despite its flaws, humankind is not better off without society." location page 2209

",,and the people marc had served for all those years would never set idly by and let the survivors have control of anything, posioned or not." location 1133.....marc was some kind of special forces....the people he served i beleive reffering to the secret militaristic group that i b
Liz Wood
Jan 16, 2016 Liz Wood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Entrancing story provides exquisite details of what it might be like after Armageddon. The struggles of Adrian's group toward what we've taken for granted in our society today gives me hope that there will be people like Kyle, Seth, Marc, and Adrian. I am excited to read book 4...in fact, I can hardly wait.
Ed Fultz
May 11, 2016 Ed Fultz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I started reading this book I had not real sense for what was there. It started off a little confusing but as I got deeper into the story I started to connect with the characters. By the end I was rooting for some and wanting to pound others. While some of the thoughts presented are a little utopian and Adrian comes off as more of a dictator than a leader at times the story is still interesting. Enough so that I am on the next book (#4) in the series.
Rosann
Jul 12, 2016 Rosann rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
and this book had a lot going for it ... you really need to put more emotion in to your words and characters. Your characters act like they have no life, Pinocchio has more life than your characters in your books . And that one character that you named after you ... what is she a combination Drew Barrymore ( FireStarter) and Sissy Spacek ( Carrie) along with having esp. YAWN YAWN YAWN..
Crystal Foley
I gave this book 3 stars, because the story was interesting and I wanted to know what else is going to happen. I had to deduct a star because there are so many grammatical errors and missing words. It is distracting from the story when you can't even read an entire section without finding errors. Does it help when you 'Report Content Error' on kindle? I wonder.
DENJOH
Aug 11, 2015 DENJOH rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Read!

This is an amazing story. It was hard to bookmark and go to bed when time came to do so. I just bought the remaining books in the series. I can't wait to continue reading.
Ramona Voight
May 08, 2016 Ramona Voight rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
overused plot device -nuclear war and destroyed civilization, combined with 5 different points of view in the first 6 % of the story make a radioactive hot mess.

Brad Marks
Jul 18, 2015 Brad Marks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

Got me hooked on the series. Can't wait for more. Well thought out characters and plot line had me on the edge of my seat.
Gayle Mills
May 31, 2016 Gayle Mills rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not for me

This is a world that is suffering.its like being back in the dark ages. A n Apocalyptic world. Not for me. Didn't like the language.
John-Paul Underwood
I couldn't put it down!

I have been waiting for a book of this caliber, since Michael Flynn's space opera! I laughed, I cried, most of all, I hoped for the positive energy prevails!
Kristy Bay
Apr 27, 2013 Kristy Bay rated it liked it
In true Stephen King's The Stand-style, this post-apocolyptic book sweeps you into the barren aftermath of a nuclear holocaust...and those who have managed to survive. While fans of The Stand will recognize the overall plot, and indeed there are many similarities, these characters and the way you watch them struggle and develop are intriguing. A fair warning, there are some graphic scenes in here that are not suitable for young readers.

On the whole, I thoroughly enjoyed reading books 1-4 and ha
Penny
May 22, 2014 Penny rated it liked it
Life After War The Survivors Book 1

It lacked originality and scientific accuracy. This genre has been done much better, as in America Fails!
  • Box Set: The Arrington Trilogy
  • The Saving Mars Series Books 1-3
  • Emergence (Eden's Root Trilogy, #3)
  • After the Plague (Humanity Gone, #1)
  • Story Time (Story Time, #1)
  • Relativity (Proximity, #2)
  • Hilda and Zelda (Hilda the Wicked Witch, #4)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Season Three
  • Year of the Dead
  • After: The Echo (After, #2)
  • Bones: The Complete Apocalypse Saga
  • The Wasteland Chronicles: Omnibus Edition (The Wasteland Chronicles, Books 1-3)
  • Natural Selection
  • Post-Human (Post-Human, #2)
  • Death Springs Eternal (The Rift #3)
  • Wanted
  • Agnes Barton Senior Sleuth Mysteries Box Set (Agnes Barton Senior Sleuths Mystery, #1-3)
  • The China Pandemic (Graham's Resolution #1)

Life After War (9 books)
  • The Survivors (Life After War, #1)
  • On the Road (Life After War, #2)
  • Safe Haven (Life After War, #3)
  • Adrian's Eagles (Life After War, #4)
  • From the Ashes (Life After War, #5)
  • Where We Stand (Life After War, #6)
  • The Price We Pay (Life After War, #7)
  • Carved in Stone (Life After War, #8)
  • Shattered Dreams (Life After War, #9)

“In Desperate Need of a Hero   Dear red, white, and blue Is there still hope for you? I wonder   Perhaps with someone in power Who slaves by the hour To remain true?   A person of dignity Who’s not a give-me Or quota-fill   No reek of greed No corruptive seed Growing unchecked   A leader who can inspire Who raises people higher Than themselves   A soul with grace Not colored by race Of any kind   A take-charge warrior An environmental voyeur Who loves this planet   A Hero to lead With only one creed: America   Where do we find such belief? When do we get the relief? Of being loved in return   We’d die for the President Would he pay the same rent? Of course not!   Your sacrifice we do not require We serve willingly, sire If you’re worthy If you will get your hands a bit dirty To further our lives And enrich our minds To earn our trust It’s all or bust And always America first!” 1 likes
“How? A weapon” 0 likes