Start by marking “Geek Love” as Want to Read:
Geek Love

Geek Love

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  7 reviews
When Joel goes to a science fiction/gaming convention, he never expects to meet the woman of his dreams. But when he finds out a gaming buddy he’s never met is there, that’s exactly what happens.

Sam got tried of being a woman in the gaming communities, so she adopted a male persona to play--only now she has to make that lie up to her best friend Joel, who she’s spent many
ebook
Published December 13th 2010 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about Geek Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Geek Love

LynnMarie
Ragan Jay's Review

Having been a gamer and being married to a gamer, Geek Love was a book I wanted desperately to get my hands on when I first read the blurb weeks ago and I came away more than satisfied after reading it. Joel and Samantha are just adorable. They’re two hardcore gamers who find camaraderie and friendship in a world of visualized fantasy as they bond over games, television, movies, and much more.

Stories like this just make you feel young again. Take you back when love was awkwar
CaliGirlRae
As a returner gamer girl currently dating a gamer guy, I had to grab this book and I was definitely not disappointed! The story takes place around a sci-fi convention (which made it all the more interesting for me) and is littered with geeky references from Star Wars to superheroes, Firefly, gaming and much more. For those who aren't heavily into geek or sci-fi culture, the author makes a sidenote of each reference so no one will be left behind.

I loved seeing how the characters interacted and th
Rubytoes
I must have been reading a different book. A badly written one, persevered through most of it, one of my top ten worst this year for sure.
Ellen
I liked the story but I did think that a lot of the geek explanations were silly and clunky.
I understand that the author felt she needed to explain the really geeky stuff or readers wouldn't get it but some of the explanations really intruded into the story especially the one about "achievements" because it didn't affect the story at all and it was kind of obvious even to a lay person.
Still I liked Joel and Samantha and I look forward to Code Monkey (Baxter's story).
Summer
I could maybe give 3.5 on this one. There were a few too many grammar errors in this one for me and the first sex scene just didn't do much for me. Part way through there are all of a sudden a bunch of geek analogies that just pulled me away from the book. I wasn't all that pleased with the ending of the book either. It was however an interesting plot.
Angie
As a Whedon is God girl myself I found myself reading this
Not much of a story going on but still an entertaining read. Quick as well, probably as not much happen other than geeks and psycho's!
Charlotte O'sullivan
Charlotte O'sullivan marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Bookcrazes
Bookcrazes marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Jess
Jess added it
Sep 16, 2014
Roja
Roja marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Danger Beans
Danger Beans marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Brittany Piazza
Brittany Piazza marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Akil
Akil marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
UrBrownEyesMonster
UrBrownEyesMonster marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Happes9008
Happes9008 marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
SassySami
SassySami marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Growing up, I had a vivid imagination with lots of imaginary playmates and stuffed animals to keep me company. I even had crayon box adventures where the colors had a kingdom and tales to tell. And who says pink is a girl color? In my world, he was a prince.

From the time I could form my letters, this translated into fanciful writings from poems on eye shadow (I was six) to a story about an Island
More about Mechele Armstrong...
The Rivals (Settler's Mine, #1) Dinah's Dark Desire (Dinah's Desire #1) The Lovers (Settler's Mine, #2) The Woman (Settler's Mine, #3) Blood Kiss (Blood Lines, #1)