Start by marking “Shadows on the River” as Want to Read:
Shadows on the River

Shadows on the River (Fog Point #2)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  1,159 ratings  ·  153 reviews
I was only fourteen when I witnessed a murder on the riverbank. A murder that went unpunished. Unless you count what happened to my family. We were forced out of town by the teenaged killer's prominent parents. And the murder was forgotten--by everyone but me. Now, the killer is a respected businessman. I can't let him get away with it. But I'm a single mother with a child...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Shadows on the River, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows on the River

Cafelilybookreviews

Steal Away is the first book in the Teri Blake Addison Mystery Series.

I found this book at my local library and after reading the back cover, thought I'd give it a try. Teri Blake Addison is former cop turned private investigator. In addition to the pressures of her job, she's a newlywed, married to a professor who was widowed when his first wife died of cancer. Teri finds it hard to live in the shadows of the perfect first wife.

Ellen Houseman is about a pastor's wife who disappears while saili...more
Melissa
Before Shadows in the Mirror, I had only read one other book by Linda Hall (On Thin Ice) which I liked.

The story had an interesting plot. Marylee's parents died when she was just three, and she was raised by her aunt and didn't know anything about what happened, who she was, or why her aunt had begged her not to go back to Burlington.

Some things that happened in Shadows in the Mirror just didn't seem very realistic. For instance, Marylee is worried about someone following and wanting to harm her...more
Kate Kelly
Steal Away has everything I like in a mystery. Muiltiple story questions that aren't easy to answer, wonderful characters, who, I know will stick in my head for a long while. And an exotic setting for most of the book, Grand Manan Island, Canada and subplots. I love subplots, especially in a mystery. I think Linda Hall is a talented writer, and I'm happy to see she has a healthy backlist for me to enjoy.
Jean Marie Nelson
Listened to this on tape. A good mystery, entertaining, something I could listen to with teenagers in the car!
Kathy
Enjoyed reading and will read more of her books.
Diane A Brown
Back then it all seemed so innocent. But now the web of deception has stretched into the future, stealing another life….

This winter Fog Point harbor was unusually crammed with ice. Reporters and photographers snapped endless pictures while snow plows constantly cleared the streets. Most of the locals stayed indoors and it was rumored that the ice was a bad omen. But that was before the shocking discovery.

Lenore glanced out the back window of her Bed and Breakfast. She noticed a dark spot in the...more
Susan Barnes
On thin ice tells the story of Megan Brooks and Alec Black who were once engaged, but never married. They meet again after twenty years as they work together to investigate the suspicious deaths of several friends. Through this process they face their own history of a failed relationship but are now given a second chance with the benefit of more insight and maturity.

This is a short, entertaining read with limited depth. It touches on a few issues such as dysfunctional families, integrity and for...more
Elaine
Linda Hall is a really good writer. Several of her stories are done on the coast of Maine - a very pretty pine tree state.

Legend has it that the ghost of Molly haunts Trail's End, the lodge that now belongs to Nori. A few teens are rumored to have disappeared from there over a year ago and folks are still talking about it. Strange things happen at the lodge or could it be that Nori is overtired or has too much on her mind? Perhaps someone or something is trying to scare her off.

Instead of gett...more
Carmie
I haven't read much fiction lately. So, I picked up this novel that I've had for a while. I know it was an impulse buy from the bargains in Christian fiction. Actually, I was really drawn into this mystery revolving around the disappearance of a famous evangelist's wife. It has been five years since the supposed death of Ellen Houseman in a sailing accident, but for some reason, her husband wants to re-open the case and hires PI Teri Blake-Addison for the job. It's a quick read, but a little uns...more
I am usually not a Novel reader, but this was so good! It had my attention from the first chapter. I loved that it was a Christian Novel, with God reaching out to the characters throughout the story. Linda has a great way of making you feel the rain or the sunshine by painting such a great picture with her words. I liked the suspense/mystery throughout! Great find! Glad I could read it on my Kindle.
Cindy Barnett
Audiobook well done. Intriguing plot with clearly drawn characters. Enjoyed the Christian theme & underplot - will read this author again. No foul language or graphic sex.
Irena
Not bad, but not a keeper. Typical what happened to so and so... same story has been told before. Very mellow book, no excitement. There is a hint of it at the end, but no violence. Barely a mention of God or Christianity although this book is about a minister and his wife.
Mallory
This was a pretty good book. Teri Blake-Addison is a private investigator who gets hired by this famous minister to look into his wifes death that happened 5 years ago. It takes many twists and turns through out the book.
C.L.
I'm currently reading this one and enjoying it very much. Linda Hall is a writer who keeps my interest from the beginning to the end.
Ginger
This story was really depressing but it didn't stop me from reading it. I liked that there was a mystery to the story as well.
Kimberly
again, one from my mom-she gets a lot at garage sales! it was alright, not super great, but a good mystery
Tiffany
This book was really depressing. It shows how sins of all kinds can ruin your life.
Mara
As she uncovers the life of minister's wife she finds out that all is not s it seems.
Hannah
very intense, uncomfortable but ultimately good read.
Janet Sketchley
Linda Hall has a gift for evoking memorable characters and situations. Most of these stories are suspense or mystery, with the occasional strand of magic or the unexplained. Because the author weaves a form of magic of her own in these tales, pulling us into the fictional world, it's a believable experience. Sometimes too believable, in the stories with narrators we discover to be less than trustworthy--I was reading in a public place and found myself studying the strangers around me and wonderi...more
Violet
The last time I enjoyed a book of short stores as much as I did Strange Faces by Linda Hall, it was authored by Alice Munro.

Strange Faces has some similarities. Like the characters in Munro’s books, Hall’s are all ordinary people—housewives, mechanics, teachers. And like Munro’s tantalizing first lines, the beginnings of each story in Hall’s seven-story collection pulled me in so I wanted to read more.

“I’ve suspected for some time that I should go to the authorities about Lewis. Why haven’t I?
Elaine
Dolores Ayotte
"Steal Away" is the first novel that I've read by talented Author Linda Hall. I love a good mystery and I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed this well-written suspenseful thriller. I had every desire to read it in one or two sittings but due to my busy schedule, it took me a few days longer. However, every chance I could get, I quickly returned to my reading as I couldn't wait to see what would happen next.

It is very obvious that Ms. Hall is a seasoned author. The story is well told and has ample t...more
Barbara
Linda Hall's Fog Point series revolves around whale-watching tour guide Jake Rikker and his widowed partner, May. They're enlisted to help Elise St. Dennis, an acclaimed jewelry designer who has been corresponding with a prison inmate named Wesley Stoller, who is released and is believed to be stalking her. Jake develops feelings for Elise, despite her erratic behavior (she refuses to allow the police to be involved). May suspects some locals might be involved (the ne'er-do-well Featherjohn fami...more
Gina
This was pretty good. It was about a woman, named Lily that had a shady past that she was trying overcome. She ended up being confronted by it because the past wouldn't rest. Someone in her past was stalking and harassing her. She was a musician, singer, and song-writer who turned her life around and turned to God and church. She became a better person for it I think. Her boyfriend who was a youth minister eventually found out everything about her and he still loved her in the end. I didn't thin...more
Cassie
This was a great book. I sped through this book because I was so sucked into Sadie's story, that I just had to know what was going to happen to her. It is very "churchy" but it works well with the story. You don't have to be a super Christian to enjoy this book. The Christian aspect give the book backbone. The characters are very strong, and Sadie is a great female protagonist. She is easy to sympathize with, and you just want to reach out and help her. The detail in the book is great, I can pic...more
Christy
Linda Hall is a good author and this book was no exception. It is a good, quick read with the perfect combination of suspense and romance. I like how God is used to reach out to the characters and readers. I related well to Nori who felt hurt and lost after her husbands death. I am a lot like her b/c I too would researched more into the stories of the "cursed" island.

Nori & her children move to the beautiful coastal Maine town after Nori's husband dies suddenly and unexpectedly. Nori is dra...more
Bookadventurer
Marilyn
Island of Refuge by Linda Hall, was all that I expected of it, and more. I liked the twists and turns in the plot, and I felt connected to the characters, particularly the "Church people."

I have had this book sitting on a shelf, for quite a while now. I recently picked it up, and wondered why I had not read it yet. whatever the reason, I am happy that it was still there waiting for me. It was an enjoyable read, and I did not figure out the "who done it," right away.

I thought Ms. Hall created th...more
Linda C
Allison Rourke witnessed the murder of her best friend, Tracy, when she was 13. When she told her family that Larry Fremont had pushed Tracy off the river bridge to her death and her parents told the police, she was not believed. Larry's powerful family, owner of the coal mine and main employer of the town had it covered up, Allison portrayed as crazy and her family ostracized. They moved away and tried to get Allison to forget it. When Allison hears, 25 years later, of another suspicious death...more
I am an author of novels of mystery and romantic suspense. So far I have 18 in print - with more coming. My several mystery series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspenses.

I grew up near the coast in New Jersey, and it was there that my love of the ocean was nurtured. Most of my novels...more
More about Linda Hall...
Katheryn's Secret (Coast of Maine, #3) White Christmas Pansies Weather Ladies A Small Season of Magic Night Watch