Start by marking “Now Write! Screenwriting: Screenwriting Exercises from Today's Best Writers and Teachers” as Want to Read:

Now Write! Screenwriting: Screenwriting Exercises from Today's Best Writers and Teachers (Now Write!)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  5 reviews
An essential handbook featuring never-before-published writing exercises from the acclaimed screenwriters of "Raging Bull, Ali, Terminator 2, Fame, Groundhog Day, Cape Fear, " "Lost," "True Blood," "The Shield," and many other hit films and television shows.
"Now Write! Screenwriting"-the latest addition to the "Now Write!" writing guide series-brings together the acclaim
Published January 1st 2011 by Tarcher (first published December 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Now Write! Screenwriting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now Write! Screenwriting

StoryMapsDan
I am proud to be a contributor to this book and even I got a lot out of reading the various essays by so many top names in the industry! I love the way the book is organized by the elements of screenwriting and also in the ORDER of the writing process -- from concept generation to marketing your finished spec script.

Great book, and I'm not just saying that because I'm in there! :-) I'm humbled by my fellow contributors who have so many great credits and I thank them for their insight.

-Daniel Cal
Tiana
This book is the ultimate screenwriters handbook! I love how each chapter is short and has an exercise to help you lean what you just read about. Unlike other books on any writing, this book is easy and enjoyable to read. Each chapter is written by a different writer or author who have published books (or in this one, screenplays) we've actually heard of and love. I can't even begin to tell how much I've learned from this book. This book series belongs on every writers shelve!
Leoctso
I had read, or tried to read a few screenwriting books before. This is the first one that breaks the craft down to different aspects to me in various fun exercises. I am by no means a writer yet. But for the first time I can feel the satisfactions when I write.
Luann Schindler
Fantastic exercises to help novice - and even professional - screenwriters fine tune their skills.
Brian Smith
Very helpful info and exercises. I've read it twice. :)
Kateyanna
Kateyanna marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Aman Rana
Aman Rana marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Zainabnur
Zainabnur marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Ben Gunter
Ben Gunter is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2014
Natasha Powell
Natasha Powell is currently reading it
Sep 22, 2014
Angie Dawn
Angie Dawn marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Breeze
Breeze marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
OwlBeReading
OwlBeReading marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Kristy Lantang
Kristy Lantang marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Dakota Hindman
Dakota Hindman marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Nsjs
Nsjs added it
May 06, 2014
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Kelly H. (Maybedog) marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Marko Martens
Marko Martens marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sherry Ellis was a writer, social worker, writing coach, and the originator of the Now Write! series of writing exercise books. She edited Now Write!, Now Write! Nonfiction, and coedited Now Write! Screenwriting with her niece, Laurie Lamson. Her author interviews were published in literary magazines and are anthologized in Illuminating Fiction. She passed away during the process of putting togeth ...more
More about Sherry Ellis...
Now Write!: Fiction Writing Exercises from Today's Best Writers and Teachers Now Write! Nonfiction: Memoir, Journalism and Creative Nonfiction Exercises from Today's Best Writers Now Write! Mysteries: Suspense, Crime, Thriller, and Other Mystery Fiction Exercises from Today's Best Writers and Teachers Illuminating Fiction That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN