Start by marking “Fuerza-X #1: Nuevos comienzos” as Want to Read:
Fuerza-X #1: Nuevos comienzos

Fuerza-X #1: Nuevos comienzos (X-Statix #1)

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  505 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
El grupo mutante que ha causado más impacto y, sobre todo, sorpresa en los últimos meses es, sin duda, X-Force. Peter Milligan y Mike Allred exploraron nuevos caminos en el desarrollo de los mutantes donde el estilo engañosamente simplista y caricaturesco de los dibujos viste a unas historias realmente originales. Mutantes como nunca habías esperado ver.
Este tomo incluye:
Paperback, Recopilatorio descatalogado, 128 pages
Published December 15th 2002 by Forum (Marvel Comics) (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Fuerza-X #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fuerza-X #1

Printable Tire
Dec 05, 2010 Printable Tire rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In 1993 I had a subscription to the Amazing Spider-Man, right before it got really really stupid and spawned a series of stupidities involving Clones, Spider-Girls, and who the hell knows what else, not me, that's for sure, I quit new comics altogether shortly after and only would peer at them every once in a while at comic book stores with sheepish interest. Then in 2004, I was in a comic book store in Boston and I caught sight of an issue of X-statix. I don't know if you can say I was blown aw ...more
Nov 29, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really love what Peter Milligan and Mike "Mad Man" Allred did here with both X-Force and X-Statix. It's really the only X-Force I ever cared about. No giant shoulderpads and enormous guns here! Allred's art is at top form. And you never know what's going to happen next. No one is safe.
Lynn
May 07, 2015 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining as f**k.
Andy
Jan 17, 2013 Andy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix-novel
They're rich. They're surrounded by groupies. They're hounded by the paparazzi. They have their own franchise souvenir store. Rockstars? No. Movie Stars? No. Superheroes? Absolutely. Like rockstars they're bought and sold by a multi-million dollar conglomerate. Like movie stars they're pampered and spoiled. That's why the X-Force have to be put away and replaced by a new batch of heroes.

Peter Milligan's brilliant story starts out with a bang and never lets up even to the last page. His impressio
Federiken Masters
Jan 09, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Cínicos e incrédulos.
Recommended to Federiken by: Sus autores y una de sus secuelas.
La mejor reinterpretación de cero que haya visto de una serie mutante. Cinismo y mala leche a raudales para una de las críticas más salvajes que haya leído al "amewican wei of laif", aunque tenga unos pifies dignos del más bruto de los yanquis (la pobre interpretación que hacen los autores de Argentina, por ejemplo). El dibujo está al nivel de la historia -y por momentos casi que lo supera-, y no deja de sorprenderme que un mormón tenga tanta cancha y soltura para ilustrar cosas que seguramente ...more
Shannon Appelcline
The idea of turning superheroes into spoiled celebrities and then seeing what happens was awesomely innovative back when these issues were originally published. The idea has been used a bit more since, but Milligan still offers a strong, fun take on the topic.

Character-wise, three stand out: The Orphan, U-Go-Girl, and Doop. In many ways, this X-Force was the story of the first two and how they changed and adapted to the weird world they found themselves in. It's great to see them again.

This X-Fo
'kris Pung
Oct 26, 2013 'kris Pung rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The best X book I've ever read and seriously when is Doop going to get his own book?
Jack Haringa
Dec 28, 2014 Jack Haringa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I read this as a vicious satire of the gratuitous violence and moral ambiguity of so-called "mature" superhero comics that rose to prominence in the money-hungry comics speculation boom of the '90s. It's also an indictment of reality TV, creatively bankrupt media, and the morally repugnant management practices still at work today. Milligan and Allred's run on X-Force has very little to do with the title's earlier incarnations or the broader Marvel Comics universe, though, so be forewarned. Like ...more
Andrew
Jun 23, 2009 Andrew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yes-i-m-a-geek
As this started out I was afraid it was gonna be one of those stories where it was all satire and shock value with no characters I was remotely interested in. Well with this book, if you don't like the characters just wait a few issues, they'll bring in new ones. Okay, they eventually start sticking with certain ones, and these are the characters they make at least a little redemptive.

So yeah, this series is a satire on celebrity, media, reality tv, all that standard stuff. And this is when Mar
Ondra Král
Jan 16, 2016 Ondra Král rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Obrovské překvapení. Absolutně nic jsem od toho nečekal a dostal (alespoň v rámci Marvelu) úplně jiný pohled na superhrdiny. X-Force je tu čistě marketingový produkt, složení týmu se řídí průzkumy a každý je postradatelný. Chtěl jsem tomu dát 4*, ale vlastně vůbec nevim, co bych tomu měl vytknout (možná toho Wolverina). Má to spoustu silných (i nenápadných) momentů a jsem zvědavej, kam se to vyvine.
Mitchell
Does Marvel ever get tired of creating random new characters? I think not. This was actually not bad. Basically a media-centered version of X-Force possibly in an alternate world. The team members were all pretty awful people which is why having Doop there makes perfect sense. Odd art but basically worked. Pretty good writing. Kind of crazy and confused but not boring.
zxvasdf
Apr 27, 2011 zxvasdf rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know what to make of this but I can say that I loved it. A X-Force team with weird mutant powers and a thirst for media attention? A team of unknowns that brutally kills then arranges movie deals and lucrative interviews in the aftermath?

Definitely a very oblique tangent from the X-teams we know and love, so this doesn't come as a surprise that this creative team of Milligan and Allred have pissed off the X fanbase. But this is a fresh breath to the conceits of the X generation, and div
Josh
Aug 28, 2015 Josh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I love Allred's style in theory, but for me it doesn't lend itself to compelling action from panel to panel. Milligan's writing is cheeky and cynical, but not hugely compelling or truly hilarious. Better and more fun than standard most standard X-Men I've read, but still not my cup of tea.
Mark CC
After slogging through some 90s X-Men this was an absolute delight. Even better when all the pop culture references are seen from 15 years out. The pacing seemed off though. But maybe that was the point, I have no clue.
Marco Gooding
Nov 29, 2012 Marco Gooding rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was put off when I first read this years ago, just by the title because it belonged to another team; it's just on principle. However like they said in the book to the other team, they never got the name X-force trademarked, I guess because the first team didn't call themselves that officially, maybe it was the media. I love the mix of social satire and the often irritating trends of reality shows. I do believe if this supergroup existed they would definitely would have their own reality show o ...more
Stephen
Nov 12, 2013 Stephen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of people were down on this comic. X-men of all branches were always supposed to be the underdogs, the misfits, and shit blew up all around then every day as they sacrificed their lives for a world that did not want them. They were never supposed to be overtly cool or self-aware, and it was unthinkable that they would have TV shows or product endorsements in the Marvel Universe. Well, in the early days of reality television, I think it worked well. If we're supposed to believe these are cr ...more
G. Derek Adams
Jan 27, 2015 G. Derek Adams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everything doesn't quite fire as well as it should, some of the satire is overly creaky - but I like it a lot better than other deconstructions of hero teams, and that art is fucking tops.
S
Nov 05, 2012 S rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the goriest and most cynical X books I've read so far. Most of the team die in the first issue, and they keep on dying throughout, as they fight for the entertainment of their trillionaire owner in the pursuit of fame.

Even so, Milligan manages more complex characterisation for these mutants within the space of one or two issues than I've seen over several issues focusing on one character in the hands of weaker writers, and the Allred team produce their usual high quality cartoony art (on
Rosa
I had never really heard of this version of X-Force before. It was definitely interesting to see an x-team that wasn't as altruistic as the others I have read. The team is followed around by cameras and they become celebrities. The celebrity of the team feels almost over the top (as it's supposed to). Team members die and are replaced every few pages. Even though this is volume 1 I definitely think that it felt like it was starting in the middle of the story. Beyond that it's interesting satire ...more
Hamish
Sep 24, 2012 Hamish rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I mean, on some level it's pretty ballsy that Marvel would even publish something that deliberately spits in the face of (ugh) X-Force's traditional fan base. But I feel like that's all it does. It's so wrapped up in its cynicism and (admittedly) clever concept that it forgot to make something that's actually enjoyable to read. I get it, it's a critique of fame-obsessed media culture dressed as a super-hero comic, but it's not exactly subtle about it. And it's so busy ramming the concept down yo ...more
daniel
Jun 23, 2014 daniel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i like that orphan-- he's so sensitive.
Albert
Aug 14, 2014 Albert rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Loooooove Allred's art.
Fizzgig76
Reprints X-Force #116-120. The publicity seeking team of X-Force is killed and the new team finds that they are faced with threats from within. Milligan and Allred's X-Force was one of the most original "mainstream" comics in recent years. The story pushed the limits of team-books and allowed Milligan to put an "X" in front of his title to attract attention. Allred's art is great and continues to feel like a throw back to old style comics with new twists. A fun great series.
Carles Muñoz Miralles
Mar 05, 2013 Carles Muñoz Miralles rated it really liked it
Fan de la antigua X-Force, no me había atrevido a leer la de Milligan/Allred (por muy buenas críticas que tuviese) porque me daba rabia que se hubiesen cargado el grupo de Bala de Cañón, Meltdown y compañía... hasta que ahora, al leerlo, me ha resultado una gozada, con grandes personajes y un toque muy hipster.
Siobhan
Sep 13, 2011 Siobhan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book a lot. The characters were wonderful. it was one of those books where you start reading and you read a good fifty pages and its just okay. Then you pick it up again the next day and don't stop till you have twenty pages left. And even then you stop reluctantly.
Molly
Nov 11, 2012 Molly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love everything Marvel. The storylines are incredible! They have everything you could want: action, adventure, comedy, romance, political intrigue, allegories, metaphors, etc. Some stories drag, some end too soon.
Michael
Dec 05, 2010 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I feel work like this is necessary to break up the seriousness of major comic titles. While fans read for enjoyment, comics are printed for sales and it's appropriate that Milligan recognizes the machine.
Morgan
Jul 06, 2013 Morgan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Morgan by: Samuel
An interesting concept and idea with cool characters. Kind of a slow start though. Need to read the rest of the books to figure out what's going on exactly.
Patrick
Aug 03, 2010 Patrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
XForce and XFactor intrique me more than the XMen themselves do. this book does not disappoint, but not one of the greatest stories ever told.
Variaciones Enrojo
Edición española a cargo de Forum que recopila los primeros capítulos de la etapa de Milligan y Allred en X-Force.
  • Fantastic Four: 1234
  • Avengers Legends, Vol. 1: Avengers Forever
  • Bizarro Comics
  • X-Men: Age of X
19445
Peter Milligan is a British writer, best known for his work on X-Force / X-Statix, the X-Men, & the Vertigo series Human Target. He is also a scriptwriter.

He has been writing comics for some time and he has somewhat of a reputation for writing material that is highly outlandish, bizarre and/or absurd.

His highest profile projects to date include a run on X-Men, and his X-Force revamp that relau
More about Peter Milligan...

X-Statix (8 books)