Start by marking “Special Agent's Surrender” as Want to Read:
Special Agent's Surrender

Special Agent's Surrender (Lawmen of Black Rock #4)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The town of Black Rock is under a dark cloud. Four single women have disappeared, and there are no leads as to their whereabouts. Until one evening after work, pretty real-estate broker Layla West fends off an attacker, and becomes the newest obsession of a deranged serial killer....Desperate for protection, Layla seeks refuge at the remote cabin of Jacob Grayson, the brot ...more
Published February 15th 2011 by Harlequin (first published February 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Special Agent's Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Agent's Surrender

Paula Legate
Carla Cassidy is a talented author. So far I haven’t read a book that she has written that I didn’t enjoy.

In this story several women from Black Rock have disappeared without a trace. Sheriff Tom Grayson, and his brothers can’t come up with any leads, or reasons why anyone would want to hurt the young ladies that has disappeared.

Layla was almost the serial killers next victim. She had gotten off work late, and just sat down in her car, when someone attempted to choke her. She hit him with her
Finally we learn what caused Jacob Grayson to become a hermit on the Grayson family ranch.

With the Grayson's sister, Brittany still missing, the Grayson sheriffs are put of alert when Layla West is almost abducted in her car. With the attempted abduction being similar to the other four missing womens they begin to worry that Layla will be the 5th.

The best place to put her in the the family cabin that is remote enough that she won't be found. The only problem? Their brother, Jacob, lives out th
Cathy Beckett
This book is Jacob Grayson's story. Jacob is a FBI agent with a case of severe burnout. He has lost his confidence and has isolated himself from his family and friends. The case that has caused him to retreat into himself was a multiple homicide.

The "unsub" calls himself The Professional.

Jacob has returned home to Black Rock, KS but The Professional has followed him home. The Professional has kidnapped Jacob's sister, Brittany and three other young women. His fifth and final target is the woman
Nothing worth reading
I loved the romance between Layla and Jacob, they felt right together.. she's fun, he's dour.. at in the end, he's the one who lets her know she's worth it! That was sweet.

I also enjoyed the suspense. The Professional was a good villain but why it had to be Layla and no one else was never explained unless I missed that.

Also, on the way to the cabin, wouldn't Jacob have run into the Professional's vehicle when he went back to the ranch? How many roads were there out of that remote cabin? Obviousl
charmaine White
Good Read

This last story in the series was as good as the very first I held my breath waiting to see who would be the bad guy and was totally surprised.
It was ok, most of the time. Sorry for my review.... :3
Nov 08, 2014 Pam rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fall-14
This book was pretty good. I really like the heroine. Her character was strong and delightful. She never let anything get the best of her. The story line was exciting yet quite typical for this style. The Hero was the stock damaged lawman. The heroine makes the book good.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Lawmen of Black Rock

News Update!: Sparked by danger, fueled by passion. Starting with April titles, Silhouette Romantic Suspense books will be published as Harlequin Romantic Suspense.
Another good read from Ms. Cassidy. She knows how to deliver a suspenseful story for any age. I have read all of Ms. Cassidy's books, YA, Intrigues, Romantic Suspense and Mainstream. She never disappoints.
Very enjoyable romance novel - definitely worth your time!
Read my full review at
Joshualyn Prater
Excellent book! one of the best books I've read in a long time! quick and easy read with excellent plot and ending! I loved every minute of it!!! <3
I really enjoyed this story, the only complaint is the ending was too happily ever after.
Liz Mulherin
I love how the ended the series.
loved the story- good!
Beiza added it
Nov 27, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Arlene Downey
Arlene Downey marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Nancy Yang
Nancy Yang marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Ardyth is currently reading it
Oct 18, 2015
Joeysnymangmail.Com marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
BethanyJane marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
J marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Lawmen of Black Rock (5 books)
  • His Case, Her Baby