Start by marking “Special Agent's Surrender” as Want to Read:
Special Agent's Surrender

Special Agent's Surrender (Lawmen of Black Rock #4)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  91 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The town of Black Rock is under a dark cloud. Four single women have disappeared, and there are no leads as to their whereabouts. Until one evening after work, pretty real-estate broker Layla West fends off an attacker, and becomes the newest obsession of a deranged serial killer....Desperate for protection, Layla seeks refuge at the remote cabin of Jacob Grayson, the brot ...more
Published February 15th 2011 by Harlequin (first published February 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Special Agent's Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Agent's Surrender

Paula Legate
Jun 17, 2013 Paula Legate rated it really liked it
Carla Cassidy is a talented author. So far I haven’t read a book that she has written that I didn’t enjoy.

In this story several women from Black Rock have disappeared without a trace. Sheriff Tom Grayson, and his brothers can’t come up with any leads, or reasons why anyone would want to hurt the young ladies that has disappeared.

Layla was almost the serial killers next victim. She had gotten off work late, and just sat down in her car, when someone attempted to choke her. She hit him with her
Paige
Apr 01, 2011 Paige rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-books
Finally we learn what caused Jacob Grayson to become a hermit on the Grayson family ranch.

With the Grayson's sister, Brittany still missing, the Grayson sheriffs are put of alert when Layla West is almost abducted in her car. With the attempted abduction being similar to the other four missing womens they begin to worry that Layla will be the 5th.

The best place to put her in the the family cabin that is remote enough that she won't be found. The only problem? Their brother, Jacob, lives out th
Cathy Beckett
Oct 06, 2012 Cathy Beckett rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-books-read
This book is Jacob Grayson's story. Jacob is a FBI agent with a case of severe burnout. He has lost his confidence and has isolated himself from his family and friends. The case that has caused him to retreat into himself was a multiple homicide.

The "unsub" calls himself The Professional.

Jacob has returned home to Black Rock, KS but The Professional has followed him home. The Professional has kidnapped Jacob's sister, Brittany and three other young women. His fifth and final target is the woman
Ash
Aug 13, 2015 Ash rated it liked it
Nothing worth reading
Mombo
I loved the romance between Layla and Jacob, they felt right together.. she's fun, he's dour.. at in the end, he's the one who lets her know she's worth it! That was sweet.

I also enjoyed the suspense. The Professional was a good villain but why it had to be Layla and no one else was never explained unless I missed that.

Also, on the way to the cabin, wouldn't Jacob have run into the Professional's vehicle when he went back to the ranch? How many roads were there out of that remote cabin? Obviousl
charmaine White
Sep 01, 2015 charmaine White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

This last story in the series was as good as the very first I held my breath waiting to see who would be the bad guy and was totally surprised.
Francis
Jan 19, 2015 Francis rated it really liked it
It was ok, most of the time. Sorry for my review.... :3
Pam
Nov 08, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it
Shelves: fall-14
This book was pretty good. I really like the heroine. Her character was strong and delightful. She never let anything get the best of her. The story line was exciting yet quite typical for this style. The Hero was the stock damaged lawman. The heroine makes the book good.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Lawmen of Black Rock

News Update!: Sparked by danger, fueled by passion. Starting with April titles, Silhouette Romantic Suspense books will be published as Harlequin Romantic Suspense.
Sandra
Feb 23, 2011 Sandra rated it really liked it
Another good read from Ms. Cassidy. She knows how to deliver a suspenseful story for any age. I have read all of Ms. Cassidy's books, YA, Intrigues, Romantic Suspense and Mainstream. She never disappoints.
Jan 07, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable romance novel - definitely worth your time!
Read my full review at http://www.dreamworldbooks.com/2012/0...
Joshualyn Prater
May 03, 2013 Joshualyn Prater rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! one of the best books I've read in a long time! quick and easy read with excellent plot and ending! I loved every minute of it!!! <3
Amanda
Sep 07, 2011 Amanda rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this story, the only complaint is the ending was too happily ever after.
Liz Mulherin
Aug 04, 2011 Liz Mulherin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how the ended the series.
Ann
Sep 24, 2011 Ann rated it it was amazing
loved the story- good!
Whitney Murphy
Whitney Murphy rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2016
Svana Thorheorsdottir
Svana Thorheorsdottir marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Teresa Banks
Teresa Banks marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Terri Keel
Terri Keel rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Sumit
Sumit marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
margarita
margarita marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • A Soldier's Redemption (Conard County, #23)
  • The Longest Night (H.O.T. Watch, #4)
  • Task Force Bride (The Precinct: Task Force, #5)
  • Winchester Christmas Wedding
  • Her Private Avenger
  • The Missing Twin
  • Untouched Until Marriage
  • Run Among Thorns
  • Mason (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #6)
  • Cooper Vengeance  (Cooper, #7)
  • The Marshal's Witness
  • Guardian Ranger (Shadow Agents, #2)
  • Personal Protector (Colby Agency, #5)

Lawmen of Black Rock (5 books)
  • His Case, Her Baby