Start by marking “Fire Someone Today: And Other Surprising Tactics for Making Your Business a Success” as Want to Read:

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Should you take the time to visit customers and suppliers in person? Absolutely.

Who makes the best accountant? A pessimist.

What do you do with a good employee who is a jerk? Fire him!

Whether you are a young company that's just starting out or a mature business looking to grow, Bob pritchett's hands-on advice and practical examples are a must-read for every manager, busines
Published April 1st 2006 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Fire Someone Today, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire Someone Today

James
This is a book by Bob Pritchett, founder of Logos Bible Software, a company which I have yet to convince to hire me. So why would I want to work for a guy that is so keen on firing people? The answer would be is that it is the best bible software/theological research system available, and their mission to aid people in their study of the Bible and resource pastors is something I can get behind.

Actually, I think the title is more to be catchy than anything. Pritchett's first chapter is basically
Bobby
When the CEO of the company that you work for writes a book, you'd be dumb not to read it. When the title of that book is "Fire Someone Today" you'd be an idiot to not highlight and takes notes along the way.

Though I'm not a business man this book offered great, practical tips that transfer over even to my ministry responsibilities and leadership in general. Very witty throughout and a good read. Highly recommend it.

And no, I'm not just saying all of this because he's the CEO. =)
Eric Beyeler
Practical, hard-won advice on starting and doing well in your small business. Easy to read, feels like the author is discussing this over lunch with you.
Karen
This was given to all of the development team leaders at work—not exactly a title I want to be seen carrying around the office in this economy. It made me very tired just thinking about trying to do some of the things recommended (read more business publications, take people to lunch, build professional relationships). That's probably why I don't have my own business—I'd rather spend my energy doing other things.
Reid
I bought this book a few years ago and would pick it up now and then to read a chapter or two. The story of the CEO of Logos Research Systems interested me because I have used the Logos Bible Software for years and I really like it.

The more I read this book the more I liked it because it is basically a manual for how to think about business.
Loren
I'm not a business owner and probably never will be, but I sure enjoy this book. It has a lot of wisdom that I find useful even as an employee.

I first read this book in 2007. I bought the book after hearing Bob speak briefly at a training event - he just struck me as the kind of guy I'd like to hear more from. I was right!
Tom Schulte
(Don’t worry about the titles. There are so many business books, this one is just trying hard to stand out.)

Actually, it is not about HR issues so much as how small competes compete and grow in the market. It is a small book, worth reading and I recommend it.

Ivan
Perfect for small to middle privately held company. Every page is based on author's experience. For a little more than a price of a hamburger, you get information that costs millions to the company!
Jeff
While not as "technical" on business as The Ten Day MBA, it certainly seemed more practical with its common-sense approach (e.g. the title)
Abdelrahman
Abdelrahman marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Sagar Malviya
Sagar Malviya marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Scott
Scott added it
Jul 16, 2014
Judy Dickson
Judy Dickson marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Brad Dunn
Brad Dunn marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Ben Moll
Ben Moll marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014