Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom

Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  13,793 ratings  ·  410 reviews

Are you tired of living paycheck to paycheck?

In the world of money there are two mindsets, those that see scarcity and need security, and those who see abundance and thrive on financial adventure – the mindset of the employee or self-employed, and the mindset of the business owner or professional investor.

In The CASHFLOW Quadrant, the sequel to Robert Kiyosaki’s smash hit

Published August 16th 2011 by Plata Publishing (first published 1998)

Mohammed Alsaleh
هذا الكتاب امتداد لكتاب الأب الغني والأب الفقير ..
الكتاب فيه شرح تفصيلي لكيفية إدارة المال بشكل احترافي ومعرفة لعبة المال الرأسمالية ..

أنصح بقراءته بشدة .. علماً بأن كل كتب كيوساكي أنصح بها لسهولة إيصال المعلومة وإقناعك بشكل كبير بها ..
------------

أعدتُ قراءة الكتاب هذه الأيام لحاجتي لوزن الأمور من جديد .. بالنصبة للمصادر المالية والنفقات ..

حينما قرأت الكتاب .. عرفت الفرق بوضوح بينه وبينه كتابي " عقلية الرجل المليونير " وكتاب " أغنى رجل في بابل " ... والذي ختمتهما حديثاً ..

كيوساكي يضع يده على ال...more
Starket
For those of you who want to take control of your financial future, I recommend the Rich Dad, Poor Dad books. This is the second book in his series. It will not give you specific details of how to make those changes. It changes the way you think about money and opens your eyes to possibilites. Hopefully, it gives you the courage to make changes in your life to be financially successful. I know that Robert Kiyosaki's books have made drastic changes to our lives and it was only 1 year ago that my...more
Justin Carlson
Financial freedom is a vastly different from financial security.

For those of you who have read Rich Dad Poor Dad this book is basically an extension of the lessons taught in that book. Robert Kiyosaki gives a brief description of his journey as an adult going from a short stint living in his car to financial freedom by taking advantage of tax laws and creating assets that create passive income. (My personal gushings about this book can be found here.)
The title of the book, The Cashflow Quadrant,...more
Nola
Dec 29, 2008 Nola rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone wanting to improve financial outlook
Recommended to Nola by: Kiyosaki
This is an intriguing follow-up to "Rich Dad, Poor Dad," and I enjoyed the way Kiyosaki devised his four quadrants. He definitely has a point about the difference between each quadrant or type of person. He provides sensible advice for transiting between columns.

As an interesting aside, he makes an excellent point about the public education system. I had already begun homeschooling my children because of many of the points that he discusses in his book. Specifically, the system's tendency to cr...more
Scott Dinsmore
Why I Read this Book: Anytime a book or author gets as much notoriety as the Cashflow brand has, I feel it is my duty to at least see what the fuss is about. Plus, I can always stand to learn a little bit more about the financial component to success.

Review:

For those of you who have not yet read the original Rich Dad Poor Dad or at least its review on this site, I recommend you do so before diving into Cashflow. This book is more of a sequel to Kiyosaki’s first book than anything else, however i...more
John-Philip
It's an alright book. Gives you a bit to think about but nothing revolutionizing. The last 40 pages or so are just blatant propaganda for his first book, Rich Dad Poor Dad, and his CASHFLOW games. If you're going to read one of Kiyosaki's books then you might as well read the original:Rich Dad, Poor Dad (and be aware that Kiyosaki's onlysuccessfulventure is the Rich Dad franchise).

Conclusion: Skip it....more
Javad Khodadadi
کتاب آموزشی خوبی بود. در این کتاب اومده که درآمدزایی به 4 نوع کارمندی، خویش فرمایی، مالکیت کسب و کار، سرمایه گذاری انجام میشه و دومورد اول را سمت چپ چهارراه و دو مورد آخر را سمت راست چهارراه نامگذاری کرده و ابتدا هریک را توضیح داده و مشخصات و صفات آدمهای هربخش را نیز بررسی کرده است.
سپس به توضیح اینکه چطور میتوان به سمت راست چهارراه قدم گذاشته و درآمد خود را از این بخش به دست آورد. بخشی که با کارکمتر درآمدی بیشتر نسبت به سمت چپ عایدتان خواهد شد.
هرچند نویسنده بسیاری از مثالهای خود را برروی بازار ا...more
Andrew Saul
It's a masterpiece of saying nothing but sounding very knowledgeable while you do so. From what I can garner (and it's hard because there are few if any facts to go off in the book) he made his money n the real estate boom in the US. But that seems to have convinced him that he had some magic formula to success no one else had thought of. He has done a really good job at selling snake oil through his books though, so I suppose you have to hand him that. Read this if you believe that all it takes...more
Arnolds Parra
Refrescante. Lectura obligada para quienes quieren entender como funciona el mundo, para quienes creen en el esfuerzo y quieren trabajar para si mismos en vez de trabajar para otros o para el Estado. Si usted gusta de salir a protestar por más protección del estado, por sus 'derechos' o por la desigualdad entre ricos y pobres, NO LEA ESTE LIBRO, no lo va a entender, o al menos terminará indignado por su contenido. Recomendado sólo para personas de mente abierta. ROMPE TUS PARADIGMAS.
Aram
This book will help you understand how money works.
Basically we all generate income from one of four quadrants.
“E” employee
“S” self-employed
“B” business owner
“I” investor
Traditional school drives most people to trade time for money on the “E” and “S” quadrants, when in reality true prosperity comes from producing value in the “B” and “I” quadrants.
This is a must read! It contains invaluable information. True principles of prosperity we're talking here. READ IT!
Joe Abraham
Nov 07, 2007 Joe Abraham rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
A great follow up to the first Rich Dad book... people earn money on one of 4 ways, or quadrants: 1. being and employee (E) 2. being self employed (S) 3. being a business owner (B) or 4. being an investor (I). This book goes into the advantages and disadvantages of each. It focuses mainly on the B and I quadrants because that is where the tax advantages are, and that is generally where the rich make and KEEP their money.
Moses
Recommended by coworker Josh F, this book presents some complex or "hidden" truths that will open your eyes to false conventional financial wisdom. For example, a mortgage isn't an asset but a liability in disguise. Def got me thinking about the importance of upping my financial knowledge as well as challenging my thinking of being an employee vs being a business owner.
Zhiling
It would be sufficient for people eager to be investors to stop at Rich Dad Poor Dad. I could not finish this book because I felt that I was really just reading the same repetitive opinion -- that creating business systems and focusing on investments were the only wise things to do. There weren't really much practical advice or learning points to be obtained here.
Craig
Recommended reading. Its a bit high level and gives no direction on what to "DO". It is more about changing a mindset and identifying where you are. No more fooling yourself. This book did inspire me and now I am trying to think of ways to change my financial future. I have started to execute. Exciting times ahead .....
Hossam Ash-sharqawi
كتاب رائع قد يغير مجرى حياتك

تذكر دعاء النبى صلى الله عليه وسلم "اللهم إنى أسألك الهدى والتقى والعفاف والغنى"

وتذكر كذلك دعائه "اللهم إنى أعوذ بك من الكفر والفقر"

اللهم اجعل الدنيا فى أيدينا لا فى قلوبنا واجعلنا نسخر علمنا وأموالنا في سبيل نصرة دينك
No Remorse
"This book is primarily about strengthening your thoughts (being), so that you can take the action (doing) that will enable you to become financially free (having)." - Robert Kiyosaki (Cashflow Quadrant, Pg.141)
ثامر
كتاب اكثر من رائع وهو تقريبا تتمة لكتاب (الاب الغني الاب الفقير) ويعرض فيه المؤلف لاربعة انماط تشمل اساليب تعامل الناس مع المال من وجهة نظره ، وهو بالطبع ينادي بنهج معين في التعامل مع المال شرحه بشكل كبير في هذا الكتاب
Krizzia Demetilla
Brilliant. Now is the time to get focused on how to acquire financial intelligence.
David Van
Found this book a bit irritating. Partially that was because it was recommended by a close friend whose judgement I usually trust. He was very excited about it. The more I read the book though the more upset I became. Not because there was nothing of value, but because there was nothing to get excited about. The book has some good points about how you should try to earn money as an investor and how taking additional risk can generate additional income. Unfortunately, he seems to spurn education...more
Chad Warner
Mar 31, 2010 Chad Warner rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: entrepreneurs, business owners
This book expands on the concepts presented in Rich Dad Poor Dad. Don't expect a detailed guide to getting rich; Kiyosaki explains that he doesn't write how-to books, but rather provides the mental framework that's necessary for gaining great wealth. He calls it the BE-DO-HAVE approach: "strengthen your thoughts (being) so that you can take the action (doing) that will enable you to become financially free (having)."

Kiyosaki promotes himself as living proof that you can get rich quickly; he went...more
Drkazmd65
I had read Kiyosaki's first book (the origional Rich Dad, Poor Dad) a few years ago back when Nicole & I were trying our hand at the Quixtar / Network marketing 'thing'. I had this book sitting on the shelf for over two years before I decided to pick it up.

As with the previous book, the author outlines types of income sources, types of investing styles (or the lack of them), and why the economic game is stacked against those that work for money, instead of having their money work for them (...more
Realini
Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide by Robert Kiyosaki

This book contains Exceptional advice and quite a few interesting examples:

You do not need to work (only) „hard”, you need to work smart in order to get rich: there is the story of the two guys providing water to this village, one was working hard with the buckets and the other came with a pipeline, with better price, program and quality. He took his system in other places, became rich with the idea, the system working for him.

The author had...more
Rob
The follow on book to Rich Dad, Poor Dad.
This book provided some extra detail on the different types of workers/business people. It was good to see the way that thought can change to enable someone to begin thinking differently about money.
I had a concern after the first book and most of the way through the second on what exactly Mr. Kiyosaki was saying about money. His views are unique (in the current culture). What he finally said about not being greedy but also not being fearful of money help...more
Benjamin Howen

This book was given to me by my Team MonaVie mentor, being of technical mind and dead broke I tore right in searching for the secrets of the rich. What I found was amazing and informative, some of which I have suspected all along. Those of you who don't know Robert T. Kiyosaki, he is an independently wealthy author, business owner and investor and has brought to us the knowledge of the money game to teach us how to gain financial freedom. Cashflow Quadrant is part two of Rich Dad, Poor Dad anoth...more
Libby
This book is an infuriating piece of shit. The book is written in the voice of someone who judges and condemns people. And that was the beginning of my moral and emotional rollercoaster. The book itself probably deserves two or three stars but I can't get past my disdain for the author.
P.45 "The beginning of the Information Age is the end of big government as we know it. Big government has just become too expensive. Unfortunately, the millions of people around the world that have come to depend...more
Alisyah Samosir
Berdasarkan jenis pemasukan atau income, manusia terbagi atas empat (4) golongan, yakni karyawan (Employee - E), profesional (Self-employed - S), Wiraswasta (Business Owner - B), dan Investor (I).

Golongan pertama dikenal sebagai golongan yang mencari keamanan, yakni employee berpihak pada keamanan jenis pekerjaan, asuransi dari perusahaan, tunjangan, dan yang lainnya. Singkat kata, employee bergantung pada perusahaan tempat bekerja.

Sementara golongan kedua, profesional, lebih berpihak pada kebeb...more
Jeffrey
Jul 28, 2009 Jeffrey rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Totally!
Recommended to Jeffrey by: No one
Shelves: business
The much maligned Robert Kiyosaki is here to open your eyes to the new age of finance. The age in which great sums of money are needed just to survive into retirement. Do you realize that if you're in your 20's now you'll need approximately $2.5 million to retire on? Just look at how quickly those gas prices are going up and imagine the cost of living 45 years from now.

Kiyosaki believes that the government and business are conspiring to keep the general public down by advocating education as th...more
Alastair Crawford
With very clearly explained ideas, this is an effective self-help book. It avoids saying that people want to be wealthy so they can own a high status car and house to prove they're better than other people, or even just benefit from the luxury - which I think would be more honest in many cases. Instead states that to be rich is to 'have more time'. I don't disagree with that, it's just not the whole picture. The book also neglects to mention that some people need to be employees, otherwise the h...more
Bryan
This book is different from most of the other finance books that I have read. It talks about moving from the employee type of income to the business and investment type of income. It is a bit repetitive but that is understandable. I have not read any of Kiyosaki's books before, so I think he kind of expects people to have read Rich Dad Poor Dad. I think that is his most famous book.

This book got me thinking about different ways to earn income and what financial security means. It also presents a...more
Lisdiawati
A good book yang mempengaruhi cara gue memandang entrepreunership ;)
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • The Millionaire Mind
  • Rascal: Making a Difference by Becoming an Original Character
  • Trump: The Art of the Deal
  • How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling
  • Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
  • The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the Self: A Parable and 5-Step Action Plan to Transform Workplace Performance
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World II
  • Personality Plus. Florence Littauer
  • Master-Key to Riches
  • Resolved: 13 Resolutions for LIFE
Kiyosaki is best known for his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, the #1 New York Times bestseller. Kiyosaki followed with Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. He has now had at least a dozen books published. A partial list of his books is included below
More about Robert T. Kiyosaki...
Rich Dad, Poor Dad Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever! The Business School For People Who Like Helping People Rich Dad's Increase Your Financial IQ: Get Smarter with Your Money

“Success is a poor teacher” 29 likes
“What do you think about me is not my business the important thing is what I think about myself ...” 28 likes