Start by marking “Ice Cream & Sadness: More Comics from Cyanide & Happiness” as Want to Read:
Ice Cream & Sadness: More Comics from Cyanide & Happiness

Ice Cream & Sadness: More Comics from Cyanide & Happiness (Cyanide and Happiness #2)

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,011 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Cyanide & Happiness is back!

You hold in your grubby mitts the second collection from the hit online comic that was created by a quartet of depraved, inappropriate twentysomethings from all four corners of the world, and which has been compared to Family Circus by both the seeing and mentally impaired communities.

Bigger, bolder, and badder than ever before, this book in
Published January 4th 2011 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2010)

Pedro Plassen
Apr 30, 2011 Pedro Plassen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
One of the best word scrambles :)
Christine
Sep 09, 2011 Christine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, own-it
What a strange collection of comic strips.

Correction: What a strange comic strip.

A couple of them were funny. The rest were what I call "boy humor". Not 'male' and not 'man' because those require at least some level of sophistication. These were random and sometimes gross and just... not funny.

Clearly I am not part of the target demographic.
Airi
Jan 17, 2011 Airi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh..my..God..
I'm not sure if I've ever read a more perverted, graphic, horribly ironic comic strip in my life..and I loved it! XD
Okay yeah, it was intense at times, but it's so worth the damage to your innocence!
It took me about an hour, probably less to read it cover to cover.
Luke
May 02, 2011 Luke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first exposure to Cyanide & Happiness, apart from a couple of online comics. I laughed out loud several times and that's a good thing. The gags did start to wear thin or maybe they were less funny in the second half of the book. An enjoyable read.
Cale
Jan 01, 2016 Cale rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books that I feel horrible about laughing through, but they really do manage to be funny within their over-the-top crassness and disgusting topics. The simple art style of Cyanide & Happiness abets the horror you would normally feel at their approach to some of the topics; and even so there were a couple strips in here that went 'too far' for me, although I kept reading. Not for the easily offended, and possibly not even for the moderately offended. But if you're able to ...more
Matt Gallant
Jul 08, 2014 Matt Gallant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you've ever read Cyanide and Happiness' comics online then you already know how morbid/crude their work is. Nevertheless, these comics will make anyone with a very open sense of humor chuckle and keep turning the page to read the next one. This took me no longer than half an hour to read and I'm hoping to find more of these little collections to read soon.
Christopher Higdon
I enjoyed this for the simple fact its funny and its not a complicated read. You can put it down and pick it up whenever. It was a great pass time while in the lou :P
***Dave Hill
The new collection of "Cyanide and Happiness" comics does just what you would expect it to do (if you read the webcomic) - shock you into submission with its dark, twisted, vile, unexpected (or simply scatological or gross or even just merely depressing) endings to what seem like normal comic strip setups. There's nothing in here you'd probably want your grandmother to read, unless you already know she likes the strip, which reads like Gary Larson on a mean drunk bender.

To be honest, reading the
Minnna
Jul 22, 2015 Minnna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erityisbonus tehtäväosiosta lapsille tai "hitaille aikuisille".
Ming
Jul 08, 2014 Ming rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best collections of Cyanide and Happiness comics...
Magdaléna
Dec 29, 2014 Magdaléna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sprostý, prostý, úchylný. Přesně tak to mám ráda :)
Tracy
Mar 02, 2014 Tracy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was humourous - my teenaged boys loved it of course
Sarah Mck
Mar 09, 2015 Sarah Mck rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious! Love these books :)
Deb
Feb 17, 2014 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could not find bubbles. I am sad. :(
Brooke Riley
Aug 15, 2014 Brooke Riley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
Hilariously crude!
Delisa
Jul 24, 2013 Delisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults with a sense of humor
Recommended to Delisa by: No one
Wow! This is by far the best comic book strip I have read since Garfield's comic book strips. It was a very hilarious and amusing read. This book is not appropriate for kids at all. It has that adult humor that makes you die in laughter. A great read, it took me a little over an hour to finish because I read it at work but it was so good. This is something you can read over and over again.
aaron
Nov 30, 2010 aaron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
a great if not completely disturbing read! this is a collection (second volume) of the webcomic cyanide and happiness, written by four twenty-somethings with some pretty messed up senses of humor! all in all this is a great read if you aren't easily offended...i give this fair warning...if you are easily offended, steer far away from this. for the rest of us, a great and incredibly funny read!
Brandin
This is a collection of some of their comics and it's as funny in print as it is on the internet. If you've enjoyed their antics online I absolutely recommend this book. The one thing that sets it apart is that there are even little "Activities" in the back like a connect the dots with only two dots and other silly yet amusing things. Definitely worth the money.
Kricket
Jan 03, 2011 Kricket rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kricket by: Sarah Jones
a hilarious christmas gift from the lovely ms. jones. technically a web comic collection rather than a graphic novel- you can open it at any page and read a couple for a quick giggle. actually, giggle isn't right- more of an evil maniacal cackle. gross, violent, sacridelicious fun.
Ben Love
Dec 29, 2012 Ben Love rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Off the beaten track, I know. However, there is still a fascinating (and ongoing) backstory on how these artists reached the success that they have. This is the work they produce… dark, funny (in a Monty Python way) and yet more proof that the internet works for art.
Anna
Oct 05, 2013 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a funnier selection of comics I think (by all the authors, not just Kris Wilson) but I still couldn't make myself give it 4 stars. I think I like reading the comics one by one on the web rather than a compilation by someone else.
Jamila Bost
Jul 27, 2011 Jamila Bost rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most of the comics included I had already seen online, but I enjoyed the bit at the end and the comics I hadn't already read. I still didn't enjoy re-reading some old favourites though. Definitely worth the money paid for it.
Charity Limerance
Jan 18, 2015 Charity Limerance rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Something in case you want to feel bad about laughing about something. I'll still enjoy this when I'm 80 and mumbling to myself about all the disputes I lost because, "he just wouldn't listen."
Steve
Jan 03, 2013 Steve rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, comics
More comics, just as funny as the first volume. I love reading these in this format, as opposed to single panels on a webpage. There are some funny puzzles at the end of the book as an added bonus.
Adriana
Sometimes really funny, sometimes goes too far, and sometimes it completely misses the mark.
Still, an entertaining read if you want to have the strips from the website in print form.
Ben
Apr 28, 2015 Ben rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
So hilarious!!!!!!!!! I think Volume 1 was a tiny bit better but still made me laugh out loud like I have never had before. Except for when I read Volume 1. HA.
Monika Robinson
Jan 29, 2013 Monika Robinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everytime I laugh at one of their jokes I feel bad. Can easily offend people (rape, suicide, abortion, etc. jokes)? Not to be taken seriously.
Vlad
Nov 10, 2012 Vlad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crude but Happy. Typical C&H. Though I wish they'd produce all their comics, even the unfunny ones just for a collector's sake.
Zanny
Feb 20, 2013 Zanny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read it for the nth time. Still laughing hard, plus I enjoyed the interactivities for kids and slow adults.
Larry Kenney
Jan 30, 2012 Larry Kenney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comedy-and-humor
For fans of terrible puns and violent dark humor. Not for the easily offended. I laugh from front to back.
  • Save Yourself, Mammal!: A Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal Collection
  • xkcd: volume 0
  • Questionable Content, Vol. 1
  • 5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth and Other Useful Guides
  • Simon's Cat (Simon's Cat, #1)
  • Cats are Weird and More Observations
  • Toothpaste for Dinner
  • The Bumper Book of Bunny Suicides
  • The Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack
  • Penny Arcade Volume 7: Be Good, Little Puppy
  • Ten Little Zombies: A Love Story
  • Seven Years of Highly Defective People: Scott Adams' Guided Tour of the Evolution of Dilbert
  • The Fart Party, Vol. 2
  • Dungeon Crawlin' Fools (The Order of the Stick, #1)
  • I Hate Everything
  • You Might Be a Zombie and Other Bad News
  • Cat Vs Human
  • Pat the Zombie: A Cruel (Adult) Spoof

Cyanide and Happiness (2 books)
  • Cyanide and Happiness

“Johnny and Marissa, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage. Then comes an abrupt, tragic miscarriage. Then comes blame, then comes despair. Two hearts damaged beyond repair... Johnny leaves Marissa, and takes the tree. D-I-V-O-R-C-E.” 20 likes
“Hey diddle diddle, the cat and fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon! The little dog laughed to see such sport, and the dish ran away with the spoon! He ran from conviction and fed his addiction as the dish heated the spoon. The spoon begged to but the dish shouted "NO!" "The heroin will be ready soon".” 6 likes