Start by marking “Searching For Meredith Love” as Want to Read:
Searching For Meredith Love

Searching For Meredith Love

2.96 of 5 stars 2.96  ·  rating details  ·  183 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Meredith Love thought her life was just fine. Fresh out of graduate school, she had a shiny new job in the medical office where she used to be a secretary. Sure, she didn’t really like all her co-workers, and yes, her bosses still asked her to drop everything to send a fax. And, okay, she had an irritatingly successful best friend who was always telling Meredith that her l...more
Published (first published November 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Searching For Meredith Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Searching For Meredith Love

Clarinda
When I first started the book, I didn't know what to expect because I bought it with a couple of other books and forgot what it was supposed to be about. Reading the first few chapters, it got a little boring, what with Meredith's complains and whiny depressing self.
But as I read on, Meredith's character started to grow on me. Some parts, it reminded me of myself, some parts, I could see in friends. I think it highlighted a lot of things that we think in our minds but are afraid to say it out lo...more
Amber Jones
Meredith Love is a whiner with low self-esteem.

Made me nuts, but I liked the fact that by the end of the book she got over herself and quit being such a whiney baby.

Got it free on my kindle...can't expect too much.
Diane
I received this as a free e-book for my kindle, and while many of the free books are not great reads, this one was particularly well done.

Meredith is a young woman with a lot of emotional baggage and some hang ups for sure, but I felt that she came across as a genuine person. She is now doing a job she loves but has problems with some of her co-workers and has a friend (Sarah) who has a type A personality that eventually causes a rift between them. I enjoyed watching Meredith's personality deve...more
Chris
I really kept trying to like this book and this main character but just couldn't relate to her and the wooden dialogue. She is neurotic and self-absorbed and top of that gorgeous, skinny and smart. What's not to relate to, right? Oh, and has a perfect boyfriend she can't seem to completely connect with. I wanted to cheer for her when things get ironed out but I just couldn't seem to drum up the emotion to care much...like one of the characters says "I feel like I am experiencing my emotions thro...more
Beth Caruso
A great book that had me hooked from the beginning. I was really surprised by how good this book was. I had a hard time putting it down once I started reading. I was expecting a lot of drama that would not be all that believable. I found I could relate a lot to the main character Meredith Love and her life. Who hasn't had the annoying coworker that expects you to drop everything for them? Or that boss that hits on you? Meredith has quirky coworkers and some great friends that give her many learn...more
Larissa
The style of this book felt very realistic to me. There were some parts that rambled a bit and the style was not the most eloquent, but for me it worked. The way this book was written mirrors the way I feel life happens. I got this book for $1 on amazon, and read it in 2 sittings because I wanted to know what happened so much. I'd describe this as a great read for when you just want to get away from your own life for a while and look at someone else's.
Klaudyna Z.
This story was cute. I really liked Ben's character and Meredith reminded me a little bit of myself. I liked how the story showed how Meredith grows into the person that she wants to be and stands up for herself in order to do so.

The only gripe I have with this book was that it was a little too long and I feel like it dragged at times. But it flowed easily and kept me interested for the most part.
Maryellen
This was an ok read.
Mia
Another Amazon freebie. Almost done with it even though I should just delete it from the Kindle. It is dragging out and the lead character is whiny and getting on my nerves. But than it was a free book. I will finish it and than delete it I guess. Finally finished it but will never re-read it. I mean for a free e-book it is okay.
Brittany
Decent for a free e-book, and a good light read. I wish I could give half-stars. A handful of grammar/spelling errors, which bothered my nitpicking self. Definitely found it easy to identify with Meredith's social anxiety throughout the book, but some character revelations seemed just too neat and tidy. A good easy "beach read", etc.
Abbey
Dec 06, 2013 Abbey rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Would not
Recommended to Abbey by: Noone
I am of two minds about this book. There were several things I could relate to and a few moments I enjoyed, but overall, I found the story to be slow and the internal dialogue to be whiny. I wanted to like this story, because I could relate to the main character, but it just never really developed into something I could invest in.
Katherine Bates
Not sure where this book came from - it just appeared in my Kindle (I now, I probably downloaded it, but I don't remember it) It wasn't well written, it was very disjointed. The main character's backstory wasn't developed at all - and the friendship between 2 of the characters wasn't either. I just didn't like it.
Jonna Doughty
Honestly, my favorite character in this book was the city it's set in, Albuquerque. Second favorite was the cat.
Yet I read the entire book, waiting to find Meredith Love, or for her to find herself, or her boyfriend to find out he's gay, or for something truly interesting to happen. It didn't. The end.
Jules
An easy read, standard chick lit topics. I like this genre because I can always identify with the struggles of the "chick" in question. The standard career, love life and friendship struggles. I liked Meredith because she is a flawed character- awkward at times in social settings, etc. Good book.
Ann
Jul 31, 2012 Ann added it
Mixed feelings on this one. I wanted to like this book other reviews said I should have liked it but...ehh it got interesting half way through for me. The beginning was lloonnggg for me but from the middle on though I wanted to finish it I just wished it grabbed my attention from start to finish.
Jody Schwartz
I think this was a free or inexpensive Kindle book, so I never expect much! This was a pretty uneventful story but I liked the main character. She was a complicated young woman who worked through her issues and it ended happily. This was a mindless read really nit recommended.
Judy
I think that Meredith Love was immature. The free download to my Kindle was worth reading in that it was light and required no thinking. I do not understand what happened to editing and proofreading -- the number of errors in this book astounded even jaded me.
Jen
I tried to like this, I really did, but I just couldn't. I probably only finished it because I was on a 9 hour flight and was determined to get through it before I started a new book. Meredith's character is whiny, and difficult to like.
Dana
First book in a long time I couldn't finish. And don't want to. Within the 50 pages I read, the main character is a whiny "woe is me" type person with no insight as to why she's this way or why we should even care about her.
Tina
This was very good. Be prepared to laugh and also cry. It was nice to read about things that could happen in a normal persons everyday life & be able to say "yeah, I know what that's like".
Cindy
Very good story of a women finding out who she really is. Learning what she thinks people are thinking of her is what she is thinking of herself. Learning how to love herself as well as others.
Carrie
Dislike. I stopped reading and deleted it off my kindle after waiting for a plot that never seemed to materialize. The main character is whiny and insecure. So much for this free kindle book...
Angel **Book Junkie**
Couldn't do it...I got to the second chapter and normally I am ready for the next even if it isn't interesting. One Free Book that will be coming off my Kindle in the matter of moments.
Dorothy Anne
4.5 for me. There were times when I couldn't follow like it changes from one scene to another but for the most part I liked it.
Beata
Sep 01, 2011 Beata rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
It was a cute book. You could relate to Meredith as a female going through every day life challenges.
Nancy
Romance examining the heroine's insecurities with a bit more depth than most in this genre.
Amy
Nov 22, 2013 Amy added it
Shelves: romance, kindle-book
Can't really remember what this book was about.
Kat
Sep 27, 2011 Kat added it
A decent read, not a must have
Tara
No complaints for the book being free.
Ellie Revert
Adequate chick lit. (free on Kindle)
  • Clear Blue Sky
  • The Trouble With Green
  • Touched By Angels (Loveswept, No 538)
  • A Change of Heart
  • Mossy Creek (Mossy Creek, #1)
  • Finding Grace
  • Lye in Wait (Home Crafting Mystery, #1)
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • Hot Flash
  • Love's Magic (Boadicea, #1)
  • Looking For Ward
  • Delivery
  • Untouchable
  • The Queen of New Beginnings
  • Stealing Jake
  • Sweet Baklava
  • Mama Does Time (A Mace Bauer Mystery #1)
  • Hawks Mountain
Julie Christensen is the author of "The Truth About Dating," "The Truth About Happily Ever After," "Searching for Meredith Love," and two Ruby Neptune mysteries: "Murder Beyond Words" and "Murder with Art." A native of New York, Julie studied painting at Pratt Institute and worked briefly in advertising on Fifth Avenue before she realized that her "creative" job was sucking the life out of her sou...more
More about Julie Christensen...
The Truth About Dating Murder Beyond Words Murder with Art (A Ruby Neptune Mystery, Book 2) The Truth About Happily Ever After (The Quinn Malone Series) The Truth About Happily Ever After (The Quinn Malone Series) (Volume 2)