Start by marking “De achtervolger” as Want to Read:
De achtervolger

De achtervolger (Point Horror)

Plotseling overviel Sara het gevoel weer dat er iemand naar aar keek. Dat iemand haar in de gaten hield. Ze bleef staan en keek om zich heen. Opeens zag Sara vanuit haar ooghoeken iets bewegen. Met een ruk draaide ze haar hoofd om. In een flits zag ze een gedaante wegduiken. Sara voelde een koude rilling langs haar rug lopen. Dus toch! Ze had het zich niet verbeeld. Maar w ...more
Published 2000 by Kluitman (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about De achtervolger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about De achtervolger

Sea. Grace
May 03, 2014 Sea. Grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Fatal Secrets by Richie Tankersley Cusick to me is all about two things, which might seem ridiculous seeing as there's much more to the plot, believe me, but the reason I love it? Our main heroine, Ryan and the guy I like to consider her male lead from start to finish, Jinx. Okay, I'll be honest, I'm all about Jinx, Jinx and even more Jinx.

There isn't a lot of romance in this book, it's just sort of scattered in there amongst the main plot line yet still, I love the minimal romance that it has.
C.
Mar 09, 2016 C. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Georgia
Aug 12, 2014 Georgia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: point-horror
Second of my read through of the Point Horror books.

I genuinely don't think I read this one when I was a kid. Which isn't surprising, it definitely wouldn't have spoken to me then. Dead sister (I have issues with dead family and I'm an only child) and the blurb is just a bit shit.

I'm going to whisper this one... This is good. Like... Actually good. There were loads of ridiculous twists, although I guessed three of the culprits, the main one was a bit of a shock. Alright some of the action bits
Caroline Bennett
Reminds me of: 101 ways to meet Mr Right by Janet Quin Harkin.

"It was probably just a practical joke" moment: I don't think anyone actually said this.

"You probably just imagined it" moment: This happened constantly. No one had any faith in her sanity at all. (view spoiler)
Katherine
Jan 15, 2013 Katherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I'm going to be honest. I don't entirely remember this book, but I know that I read it, and I know that I loved it. During the 6th grade, roundabouts 1994, I became deeply obsessed with Rickie Tankersley Cusick. I was also reading Christopher Pike and Caroline B. Cooney, which I now understand means I was into the horror/suspense genre. As far as I can remember, Cusick was the best of these writers, definitely when it came to suspense. (Cooney also wrote realistic YA fiction, which I don't think ...more
Paul Kim
Feb 02, 2016 Paul Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: richie-cusick
As expected from RTC, tons of suspense with memorable scares. The twist was really unexpected as I thought I got down the bad guy but I was only half right.

Ryan was someone I feel sorry for due to predicamanet she's in that the book made me hope there will be happy ending. Jinx is perhaps my favorite character from his sharp tongue and some surprising characteristics.

The big issue I have with the book is that sometimes it doesn't make sense how the villain(s) managed to set up their scares in te
Steen
I actually liked this one until the ending. I just felt betrayed that at least two of those involved where actually involved. I felt like that was all because of shock value and their characters did like a 180. Quick read though.

(view spoiler)
Alex
I don't think I ever read this one as a kid, but I legitimately enjoyed reading it now. Usually my nostalgia clouds my judgment with these re-reads, but nothing about this book was familiar and I still loved it.

The ending was a total shocker, and I love that I was wrong the entire time about the killer. This was such a fun read!

Cusick was the most talented of all the Point Horror writers, and I love that my library has some of these available as e-books now. I can't wait to read more of them.
Shannon
Wow, this was one hell of a ride. I normally pick up these books for that B-movie level of teen horror, but this was actually pretty good. It didn’t have any of the cheese factor that most of these books from the 90’s suffered from. While the beginning was a little slow, it got better the more I read. There were a couple scenes that really creeped me out, my favorite being the part where (view spoiler). I also ...more
Michelle Toy
5 out of 5 Point Horror Book Stars!

(I rate these books compared to other Point Horror Books Only)

I read this as part of the #pointhorrorbookclub that I run monthly!

You can read the post here http://www.talesofyesterday.co.uk/201...

This is more of a discussion than a review with highlighted areas of the book and has a comedy feel to the discussion to. Please be aware that as this is a discussion there will be spoilers.

Want to know more about #pointhorrorbookclub - check this out http://talesofye
Anna
Mar 28, 2016 Anna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is about two sisters Ryan and Marissa. One has a secret and then she dies. The other is left to handle the aftermath. Will she ever figure out the secret? Or will she lose her mind in the process?

Honestly I struggled with this book. Though that could be because the narrator was not that good. I found the character it's hard to like. Except for one in that didn't turn out that great. The ending however was worth sticking it out for. I personally didn't see it coming but I probably sh
Bex
Dec 03, 2016 Bex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Taking a trip down memory lane this surprisingly stands the test of time.

An accidental death, some psychological horror and a nice ending. All the hallmarks of the point horror series and just freaky enough to make my heart beat faster without giving my adult self nightmares. The big question, following her sisters death is 'is Ryan crazy?' A mysterious stranger appears at the family home a few weeks later and events spiral from there.
Jessica E.
Oct 26, 2010 Jessica E. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a great book. From the start it started off mysterious which caught my attention. There are many suspensively events that keep me attached and wanting to know what happened next. Sometimes i have suspected something going on but then I learn more and reevaluate what I had predicted was going to happen. This book keeps your attention through out the whole book. Also this book is easy to read and keeps you interest. This book honestly had me feeling scared and nervous.
Ryann G
Apr 04, 2012 Ryann G rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The reason i likes this book is because it keeps you thinking. Another thing is you never want to put it down. It is a thrilling story about Ryan and her family. It all starts when her sister drowns. Then she gets this feeling that she is being watched. Read this amazing book to figure out if it was and accidental drowning or not.
Tanner Houston
Oct 26, 2010 Tanner Houston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book, it was always interesting it really was never boring . my favorite thing about this book is it always had you on your toes anxious to find out what happened. i would definetly recommend this book to anyone who is considering reading it. it was a great read.
Tobius
Jul 13, 2012 Tobius rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book, I knew there would be a twist to the ending as there usually is with this author, and I wasn't disappointed, there was a twist to the end, I thought I had it all figured out who was doing what to whom, but I was wrong, not a 100% but still partly wrong..
Tams
Dec 21, 2015 Tams rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy these Point Horror books because it reminds me of when I was a kid and all the "Point" brand books were popular.
It's got that typical teen slasher flick feel to it which I quite enjoy. As an adult, it's an easy read, just for fun and a bit of nostalgia.
Julie_ian_curtis
Melanie-ann Diesel
A better than average YA read. Good characterisations and a cracking plot makes it very pacy and easy to read.
Amna C
Feb 13, 2016 Amna C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favourite Point Horror book as a kid. Jinx is my bae.
Stefanie
Sep 20, 2012 Stefanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, point-horror
Richie is very good at the whole suspenseful twist ending scenario. To have the characters you'd least expect the main perpetrator... Wow!
Yessiwrites
Jan 02, 2012 Yessiwrites rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like thrillers
I read it three times in my teens! Great fun read. Definitely for people who enjoy thrillers / suspense.
Laiba
I love this book...
This was my second novel that I have read in my entire life
Mary
Jul 19, 2011 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i LOVED this book!
omg at the end like at the last few pages i kept going: "kiss him! kiss himmm!" but that's the onlyy part i got disappointed at.
Meri
wonderfulllll :)
Beth Mallison
Beth Mallison rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2017
Nicola
Nicola rated it it was ok
Feb 11, 2010
MyLovelyBookShelfOnTheWall
MyLovelyBookShelfOnTheWall rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Gemin
Gemin rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2015
Brin
Brin rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2012
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • Mother's Helper (Point Horror, #14)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • Freeze Tag (Point Horror, #25)
  • The Diary
  • The Yearbook
  • The Mummy
  • The Ripper
  • The Watcher
  • The Snowman (Point Horror, #21)
Richie Tankersley Cusick is the bestselling young adult author of over 25 titles, including two adult horror titles, "Scarecrow" and "Blood Roots". Her popularity grew at the height of the horror/YA boom in the late 80's/early 90's, particularly with books like "Lifeguard" , "Trick or Treat" and "Teacher's Pet", just to name a few, allowing her to keep company on the bestseller paperback lists wit ...more
More about Richie Tankersley Cusick...

Point Horror (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Blind Date (Point Horror, #1)
  • Twisted (Point Horror, #2)
  • The Lifeguard (Point Horror, #3)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • The Baby-Sitter (The Baby-Sitter, #1; Point Horror, #5)
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • Party Line
  • Prom Dress
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • Beach Party (Point Horror, #8)