Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree

The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree (The Berenstain Bears)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  1,727 ratings  ·  17 reviews
While searching for the perfect Christmas tree for the Bear Family's Tree House, the Bear Family learns a lesson in kindness and respect of others and their belongings.
Published October 5th 2010 by Zondervan (first published January 1st 1980)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree

One of my favorite Christmas books! Typical of the series Papa Bear is the buffoon here, waiting until the last minute to search for the 'perfect" tree, his cubs imploring him to settle for a tree from the lot. You'll guess the ending but enjoy the journey anyway. Terrific illustrations.
Christine
This is a great story to share with your children about the true meaning of Christmas. Papa takes Brother and Sister on a search for a Christmas tree and learns to put his forest friends needs ahead of his want of a perfect tree.
Margaret
After being completely delighted with the HarperCollins' The Berenstain Bears' Old-Fashioned Christmas las year I started to look into other "big" Berenstain Bears books. Most of my experience from my own youth stuck with the 8x8 early readers. I was excited and intrigued to discover an older Christian Christmas themed big book from Zondervan and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Now I might be wrong, but I believe I saw this book was originally released in the secular market in 1980 through ...more
Jessie
Slightly over-long and has some really weird rhyme schemes, but a fairly cute Christmas story. Papa Bear is kind of a jerk.
Dolly
Dec 21, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens, christmas
This is a nice, though a bit long, story about the Berenstain Bears out searching for the perfect Christmas tree. Of course Papa Bear finally learns a lesson that Mama had been trying to tell him all along, but he was too single-minded to pay any attention. This book came with an audiocassette recording of the story and we listened to it a few times in the car, while our girls looked through the pages of the book.
Paula
Cute holiday read. It's all about finding the true spirit of the holidays and about giving being more meaningful than receiving (as Papa finds out the hard way, as always). It's also about not cutting down trees that other creatures may reside in just to snazz up the inside of your own tree. Most of the test is in an inconsistent rhyming verse. Every page also is illustrated.
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree by Stan and Jan Berenstain
Christmas, Berenstain Bear style. Papa takes Brother and Sister bear out to look for the perfect tree. Ofcourse, he has waited til the last minute, and now he can't decide. His issue, every tree he chooses is someones home.
Nicole
re-read the book Sun 11.15.09
I liked the part when Papa bear looks inside the tree and sees tiny snow birds and remembers what Christmas is really about.
Joy
Papa Bear goes on the hunt for the perfect Christmas tree.
Xiao Yu
From mom's collection - different cover, around 1980.
Becky Albritton
I just love how Papa Bear is such a big softie!
Maren Prestegaard
A leftover from Rodell Christmas past.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
The Bear family shares the love of Christmas.
Jaime
We love all the berenstain bear books!
Tyler Roman
Another good one for the season.
Mary Tuley
Aug 21, 2007 Mary Tuley rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every child.
Love this happy book!
PWRL
Dec 03, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
SM
Donna Lunsford-Clampitt
Donna Lunsford-Clampitt marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Barb Albright
Barb Albright marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
  • Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia
  • Merry Christmas, Curious George
  • Santa's Toy Shop (Little Golden Book)
  • Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad (Little Critter)
  • Eloise at Christmastime
  • An Orange for Frankie
  • You Are My Miracle
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas
  • I Spy Christmas: A Book of Picture Riddles
More about Stan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears (1 - 10 of 52 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears' Nursery Tales
  • The Berenstain Bears' Nature Guide
  • The Berenstain Bears' Science Fair (Berenstain Bears)
  • Papa's Pizza
  • The Berenstain Bears Storybook Treehouse
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Wild, Wild Honey
  • Berenstain Bears Go Fly a Kite
  • The Berenstain Bears' Soccer Star (mini book)
  • The Berenstain Bears and The Big Election
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Dinosaurs
The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room The Berenstain Bears' Trouble at School Inside, Outside, Upside Down The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV