The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear

The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  1,972 ratings  ·  122 reviews
What keeps women from being their best? Joyce has been helping women better themselves by helping identify emotional barriers and physical, mental, and spiritual obstacles in their lives for years. Now she provides another answer-confidence.

Our society has an insecurity epidemic, women in particular. Compensating by pretending to be secure-a common response-only leads to...more
Published September 5th 2006 by FaithWords

Mia Kennedy
I opened this book at a time in my life where I saw I had very much lost much confidence in faith and let fear take over my life. I picked up many books on the subject of "confidence" but this one sung to me. As soon as I opened it up and started reading it, I couldn't put it down. Joyce Meyer hits faith hard in this book, while also educating about women's issues and place in the bible and the world as we know it. She doesn't miss a beat in covering many ways to get your confidence in God back...more
Samantha Hayward
The novel, The Confident Woman was outstanding! Joyce Meyer is a magnificent author, and I absolutely love her! This novel goes into great depth about how insecurity causes great difficulties within relationships these days, causing thousands of divorce every year. However, the main focus of this novel is to let the readers realize what God has in store for them, and who he intends them to be. Meyers goes into significant detail about how God’s desire for us, as women, is to be bold, courageous,...more
Bridget

At some point in time every person needs a confidence boost. Sometimes they feel less than adequate with their mind and others struggle with their physical appearance. In Joyce Meyer's book The Confident Woman she talks about the seven characteristics a woman with confidence has.

I have battled with feelings of worthlessness and I don't think that I have ever been confident when it comes to my bodily appearance. This book does help you change your thinking about a few things which in the end can...more
Kathleen S
I read alot of Joyce Meyer's books. I find her very down to earth and telling it like it is. Since watching her TV shows, in 2007 I became "born again" because of her. God is Good!!!
Cynthia Lamas
Though I am not into pushing Christian faith on to anyone. However, I really like this book that inspires women to be their very best from the aspect of faith. This faith can or cannot be from an established church, it is an individual choice. I do believe that faith comes from the belief in some higher being that is the creator of this beautiful world. My belief comes from my upbringing in a Catholic education, K-16. My first 12 years of religious education was formational and traditional. When...more
I must admit, I didn't finish this book and therefore do not want to rate it with any stars. I enjoyed the beginning and read it at a time where I really needed encouragement and motivation. As I continued through the book, it all started to sound the same.
Yewande Ashaye
This book has apparently been in my house for such a long time, but we never crossed paths.
I thank God for leading me to it; especially at this particular time and age. I need direction, and the book has paved the way to a God oriented life. I'm excited for my future as God's daughter in this world.

"Be courageous. Forget about yourself and start doing all you can to help others. Get a new goal..."Put smiles on faces." Encourage, edify, life up, comfort, help, give hope, relieve pain, and life...more
Cassandra Hawkins-Wilson
When my coworker noticed how distraught I was becoming about my divorce, she suggested that I read "The Confident Woman" by Joyce Meyers. I am so glad that I read this book. Many of the chapters spoke to me, especially some of the examples presented. I remember thinking or doing them. I never could figure out why it took me so long to finish reading this book. Now I know exactly why. I had to finish this book today... just in time for the beginning of a new year, 2011, and a new life for me.

Brok...more
Belinda
I read this book right after high school, and I can honestly say it changed my life. I really does change your mindset to become more confident. And in the summer before college, it was a personal revolution! After a history of Christianity encouraging women to take a "secondary" role in the church and in their life (I can honestly say I never thought that was the intention in the Bible or of Jesus, but that doesn't change the reality of how contemporary leaders behave in some cases). But this b...more
Jackie
It was a good read and full of words of encouragement for living a life not in fear. Ultimately, we must recognize fear, move forward and trust God will see us through it. I'll probably have to read it again, but the first read through was pleasant but nothing life changing or any information I didn't already know.
Chriss
We've all been down paths that were extremely dark and depressing, leaving us empty and lifeless. This book is one of those that can touch you in a dark place or just remind you of your power. Joyce Meyer has a way of speaking from the heart that is about being positive and full of strength. Through her you feel like you can do anything. She is somewhat like a life coach in this book, giving you back the power that you have always had and letting you know that GOD wants you to live a fulfilled l...more
Summreen
I picked this up at random from the library. I've by-passed the the first chapeter about 'confidence' and gone sgtraight for 'living boldly and without fear' section of the book.

This was a book of great reminders. Christianity and Islam have similar belief in satan as an enemy of the spirit and this book refers a lot to how God has given us good an the negative is satan talking to us. The key messages to take from this book are:

smile, think, look and protray confidence, ask God confidently but...more
pianogal
I think I would be THE worst women's libber ever. I hate all this "Ra Ra We're Women Hear Us Roar" crap. So I usually stay away from books targeted to specific genders. But Joyce always has some good knowledge to impart, so I dug in.

And, as usual, this one was another good read. Joyce doesn't argue that we should be confident women because we're women, but because we're Godly women. Emphasis on the Godly.

If you're looking for something to light that fire under you and get you motivated...this wo...more
Lu Ann Brobst
Like the Osteen book, this one is filled with great messages for improving your life no matter what your religious beliefs might be. The nice thing about Meyer, she cuts right to the chase, but does it such a humorous way that you don't mind being told to get your act together and straighten up. I love the personal stories she weaves into her sermonettes, and the message is always right on with my faith, even though our religions seem to be worlds apart. This book is one more proff that we are a...more
Crystal
I love Joyce Meyer, I really do. I've read several books by her and gotten a lot out of them. I watch her TV show and get a lot out of that as well. However this book, I'm sorry to say, just fell short of my expectations. Maybe it was due to what I wanted to get out of the book. I was hoping for something to help women gain confidence in their walk with God, in God Himself....I wasn't looking for what I felt was a shallow attempt at boosting confidence. I didn't even finish reading it and for me...more
Amber Martin
Every woman should read this, and then re-read it. The first few chapters talk about equality in home and the work place which is great. But the second part talks more about confidence in general and overcoming fear and the power of positive thinking. The same themes found in other self growth type books, except Joyce Meyer is a genius with words and I found it to be very encouraging. 10 stars.
Jensine
Aug 02, 2012 Jensine marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Got this as a Nook daily find for $2.99 so we shall see how it goes...not really into all the super relgious stuff but hopefully this will be worth the read.

3-27-12 UPDATE

Read the first 10 pages and so far it's ok, but as a lesbian there is way too much "men and women" need each other going on. I'm still going to read some more and try to absorb the overall message but the christian aspect and straight aspect are ANNOYING me!!! Didn't realize this was SO relgiously oriented when I bought it.
Smangele Belebesi
It's one of those books that you want to reread, highlight and buy for someone else.
Kat Valencia-Benitez
A very beautiful book. I'm glad i had the chance to read it.
Christine
Joyce does an excellent job explaining how satan specifically tries to attack and destroy women, and how confidence in God can help her accomplish all that she's ordained to do. I felt she did a great job of providing both bible verses and real life events to express her views in the book, and she gave excellent verses to stand on for protection and courage against attack. I now realize how important it is to be a confident woman and how to achieve this thanks to her.
Lois
Worth reading, even if you don't think it relates to you, because it's a certainty that you will take at least one sentence away with you that will help. I, myself fell into that category and I would recommend it. Some very good examples of famous people who were originally told by others they wouldn't amount to anything. I especially liked the Fred Astaire anecdote and the comment on the 10%. You'll get that if you read it.

Worth it.
Jen
I thought this was really good. I'll probably have to read it again and again to absorb everything, but when I was reading it I did feel more confident :) That's saying a lot for me considering how introverted I am. I have found a bit more boldness and am trying not to be such a withering flower type of lady. For anyone lacking in self-esteem or confidence, I highly recommend.
Catrina Welch
Having true confidence is the only way to be authentic. Authentic people are ones we want to be around. They are the ones who glorify God and not themselves, which is our true purpose. Being on purpose is what brings real joy. It's all interrelated, and it is what I desire for myself, my children, my friends and clients. Thank you, Joyce, for writing it out for us!
Mijin Kang
I received this book as a gift and I read a chunk of it this afternoon as I sat in the beauty salon chair for an hour and half getting a $40 straigt perm (yes!). I like it so far! After I got my hair done, I ran home holding the book to my chest because I was satisfied with the cut/perm and excited that I was finally taking the time to read a good book.
Paula Kovac
One of the best books I have Ever read.
I quote this book every day, using what I've read in my daily life.
Julie
A very good book. If you are low on confidence then you need to read this book. I have read it several times and each time I have read it I find something that I missed the other times reading it. One of my favorite authors, Joyce Meyer always knows how to give that smack in the head that you need when you need it the most.
Alison
Well, it may have taken me more than a year to get through it, but that doesn't reflect the book so much as me and my inability to be interested in self-help books, even when they have good advice to give, which this one does. I agree with almost everything she said and some of the points she made definitely hit home.
Carla Still
Another five star read from Joyce Meyer! Sharpened my pencil many times. I think I'm certainly living more confidently now than I was beginning this book. Jammed pack with great insights for confidently living in Christ! There's not one single quote to summarize the book and too many great ones to rewrite here.
Tiffany Varty
I absolutely love this book. So many amazing quotes and powerful messages on how best to live your life. I continually revert to it if I momentarily forget how God has a wonderful plan for my life, and then I remember to not be afraid and be confident about the choices I make. Joyce Meyer is an inspiration. :)
Sam Dugan
Such an encouraging book! I have learned so much about gaining confidence from the Lord and not to fall into the temptations of fear! It has helped me to be more aware of the Enemy's presence and it has helped me to put a shield against his temptations. I highly recommend this to everyone in the world!
  • Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
  • Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day
  • Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits
  • Fight Like a Girl: The Power of Being a Woman
  • Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship With God
  • Unmerited Favor: Depending on Jesus for every success in your life
  • Having a Mary Spirit: Allowing God to Change Us from the Inside Out
  • Get Out of That Pit!: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance
  • A Love Worth Giving: Living in the Overflow of God's Love
  • God's Power to Change Your Life
  • The Prayer That Changes Everything®: The Hidden Power of Praising God (Omartian, Stormie)
  • Good Morning, Holy Spirit
  • The Resolution for Women
  • Loving God with All Your Mind
  • How to Study Your Bible: The Lasting Rewards of the Inductive Method
  • What Happens When Women Say Yes to God: Experiencing Life in Extraordinary Ways
  • The Bait Of Satan: Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense
  • Every Woman's Battle: Discovering God's Plan for Sexual and Emotional Fulfillment
JOYCE MEYER is one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, she has written more than seventy inspirational books, including The Confident Woman, Look Great, Feel Great, and the entire Battlefield of the Mind family of books. She has also released thousands of audio teachings as well as a complete video library. Joyce's Enjoying Everyday Life® radio...more
More about Joyce Meyer...
Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind Approval Addiction : Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone Me and My Big Mouth!: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose The Penny Beauty for Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing

“Because of the lingering discrimination, many women still lack confidence. They live in fear of stepping beyond what they feel is acceptable 'female' behavior. I can remember feeling that I wasn't 'normal' because I was aggressive, had dreams and goals, and wanted do do great things...I am glad now that I found courage to do something radical and chase my dreams.” 7 likes