Start by marking “The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear” as Want to Read:
The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear

The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,245 Ratings  ·  153 Reviews
What keeps women from being their best? Joyce has been helping women better themselves by helping identify emotional barriers and physical, mental, and spiritual obstacles in their lives for years. Now she provides another answer-confidence.

Our society has an insecurity epidemic, women in particular. Compensating by pretending to be secure-a common response-only leads to
Published September 5th 2006 by FaithWords (first published January 1st 2006)

Mia Kennedy
I opened this book at a time in my life where I saw I had very much lost much confidence in faith and let fear take over my life. I picked up many books on the subject of "confidence" but this one sung to me. As soon as I opened it up and started reading it, I couldn't put it down. Joyce Meyer hits faith hard in this book, while also educating about women's issues and place in the bible and the world as we know it. She doesn't miss a beat in covering many ways to get your confidence in God back ...more
Samantha Hayward
Jan 11, 2011 Samantha Hayward rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The novel, The Confident Woman was outstanding! Joyce Meyer is a magnificent author, and I absolutely love her! This novel goes into great depth about how insecurity causes great difficulties within relationships these days, causing thousands of divorce every year. However, the main focus of this novel is to let the readers realize what God has in store for them, and who he intends them to be. Meyers goes into significant detail about how God’s desire for us, as women, is to be bold, courageous, ...more
Bridget

At some point in time every person needs a confidence boost. Sometimes they feel less than adequate with their mind and others struggle with their physical appearance. In Joyce Meyer's book The Confident Woman she talks about the seven characteristics a woman with confidence has.

I have battled with feelings of worthlessness and I don't think that I have ever been confident when it comes to my bodily appearance. This book does help you change your thinking about a few things which in the end can
Kathleen S
Aug 24, 2009 Kathleen S rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read alot of Joyce Meyer's books. I find her very down to earth and telling it like it is. Since watching her TV shows, in 2007 I became "born again" because of her. God is Good!!!
Cassandra Wilson
When my coworker noticed how distraught I was becoming about my divorce, she suggested that I read "The Confident Woman" by Joyce Meyers. I am so glad that I read this book. Many of the chapters spoke to me, especially some of the examples presented. I remember thinking or doing them. I never could figure out why it took me so long to finish reading this book. Now I know exactly why. I had to finish this book today... just in time for the beginning of a new year, 2011, and a new life for me.

Brok
Erin Kathleen
Five shining, brilliant, beautiful stars!!!

I love Joyce, but this book changed me. Thank you!
Cynthia Lamas
Jul 02, 2012 Cynthia Lamas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Though I am not into pushing Christian faith on to anyone. However, I really like this book that inspires women to be their very best from the aspect of faith. This faith can or cannot be from an established church, it is an individual choice. I do believe that faith comes from the belief in some higher being that is the creator of this beautiful world. My belief comes from my upbringing in a Catholic education, K-16. My first 12 years of religious education was formational and traditional. When ...more
Gineke
Jan 10, 2016 Gineke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Joyce Meyer is great at identifying those concerns and worries that a lot of women have, and explaining why and how they can change those thought patterns.

There are, I admit, some sections which feel like an open door, but they are good reminders none the less that we're allowed to be bold and brave, just like she is.
Jackie
Apr 14, 2014 Jackie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was a good read and full of words of encouragement for living a life not in fear. Ultimately, we must recognize fear, move forward and trust God will see us through it. I'll probably have to read it again, but the first read through was pleasant but nothing life changing or any information I didn't already know.
I must admit, I didn't finish this book and therefore do not want to rate it with any stars. I enjoyed the beginning and read it at a time where I really needed encouragement and motivation. As I continued through the book, it all started to sound the same.
Eveline
Mar 29, 2016 Eveline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got these book from sameone who really cared about me as a gift &it hit home,growing up not mowing my birth parents. it used to destroys me emotional. people in my community hated me for norease ,people I trusts disappointed me, I cont stand on my own the loss off my grandmother's ,friend's they care less,I fell small,as if I don't belong anywhere. until I stated reading these book the confident women by Joyce meyer. How to be a strong woman,now I don't need people to love me course I know ...more
Yewande Ashaye
Apr 10, 2014 Yewande Ashaye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has apparently been in my house for such a long time, but we never crossed paths.
I thank God for leading me to it; especially at this particular time and age. I need direction, and the book has paved the way to a God oriented life. I'm excited for my future as God's daughter in this world.

"Be courageous. Forget about yourself and start doing all you can to help others. Get a new goal..."Put smiles on faces." Encourage, edify, life up, comfort, help, give hope, relieve pain, and life
Belinda
Mar 07, 2013 Belinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book right after high school, and I can honestly say it changed my life. I really does change your mindset to become more confident. And in the summer before college, it was a personal revolution! After a history of Christianity encouraging women to take a "secondary" role in the church and in their life (I can honestly say I never thought that was the intention in the Bible or of Jesus, but that doesn't change the reality of how contemporary leaders behave in some cases). But this b ...more
Katerina
Jun 24, 2016 Katerina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book is for mothers who got married too young, had kids and did nothing else with their life. They're approaching their thirties and forties and as they realize they have nothing to show for it,begin to have existential crises. According to Joyce, it's ok if you can't calculate what the tip should be on a night out, you know how to make a great pie; some of us just have different talents! Read: it's ok if you can't to basic arithmetic, you excel at being other mediocre tasks.
Ashley Terrell
Oct 30, 2014 Ashley Terrell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I came across this book at a great point in my life. I was in the midst of my divorce and wanted to spend more time knowing who I was and knowing more of who I was becoming.
I love how the secrets of confidence were revealed - little did I know, I had all the secrets! I just didn't know how to embrace them!
I recommend this book to all women that are on the road to self-discovery and are excited about to getting to know themselves more and enriching their relationship with God.
Amanda
Sep 01, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Awesome Awesome! I have read many books on how to become confident and this one was amazing! Joyce Meyer brought me out of my comfort zone and not only made me confident in public but made me confident in prayer! I never prayed the way I do now thanks to this book and of course God's word. I applaud Joyce on her knowledge with this book. I've signed up for so many different things to do and get out of the house, I don't even have a car and I go to all of the hobbies on my own with no wor ...more
Jennifer Oglesby
Very good book

I'm a fan of Joyce Meyer and have enjoyed all of her books, cds and dvds. this book has inspired me to be confident and do something I've felt God pushing me to do. go back to college and get my degree so that I can find a good job that I enjoy. I tend to put myself last because I feel like I don't deserve better. but this book makes me want more.
Diana
Feb 21, 2016 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so inspiring, life-changing. Joyce Meyer is certainly a great writer and an anointed woman. Loved the fact that she gives lots of practical examples and tons of bible verses to complement her arguments. It's a book to mark every single page from beginning to end. Greaaat read. Can't wait to put it all in practice, little by little.
Kimi Evans
Loved this book; it's more than just being a Confident Woman, it is truly about being a human cloaked in God's spirit and seeing life and people and things through his lens. It is also refreshing to know that with God behind me, nothing can stop me from moving towards His Goals except myself, and this inspires me.
Heather Fineisen
I like Joyce Meyer because she is like the grumpy old man Muppets of TV and mega church evangelism. Blunt, unapologetic, biting, and humorously spot on. Although I don't subscribe to all of her beliefs, like the devil causes clinical depression rather than, say, serotonin imbalance, I find personal inspiration and entertainment in most of her recent books. This one, focusing on the confident woman, is a good one as it takes the stance that women are equals, (FEMINISTS), and we all find and have ...more
Marlene Orozco
Nov 18, 2014 Marlene Orozco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Loved it! Going to read it again It was a Blessing. I was always timid and kept to myself but this book has helped me step out of my comfort zone. there is so much to take in so see for your self!!!
Chriss
May 01, 2008 Chriss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
We've all been down paths that were extremely dark and depressing, leaving us empty and lifeless. This book is one of those that can touch you in a dark place or just remind you of your power. Joyce Meyer has a way of speaking from the heart that is about being positive and full of strength. Through her you feel like you can do anything. She is somewhat like a life coach in this book, giving you back the power that you have always had and letting you know that GOD wants you to live a fulfilled l ...more
Becca Moss
This was my first time reading any of Joyce Meyer's books. It wasn't as good as I was hoping for; it didn't encourage me as much as I would have liked.
Contessa Jackson
Dec 09, 2014 Contessa Jackson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It guided my thoughts as a woman to love boldly in Christ. I recommend this book to all women business owners.
Summreen
I picked this up at random from the library. I've by-passed the the first chapeter about 'confidence' and gone sgtraight for 'living boldly and without fear' section of the book.

This was a book of great reminders. Christianity and Islam have similar belief in satan as an enemy of the spirit and this book refers a lot to how God has given us good an the negative is satan talking to us. The key messages to take from this book are:

smile, think, look and protray confidence, ask God confidently but
Elaine Costa
Aug 18, 2016 Elaine Costa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joyce Meyer one of my favorite writers and speakers talks about 12 keys that every confident woman should have. It is great!
Melissa
Apr 07, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This amazing book has changed me. It's changed how I think, how I speak and how I look at myself and others. Joyce Meyer has encouraged me and helped build up my confidence through what she has written. The Confident Woman is so worth reading!
As a daughter of God, I can be confident, bold and courageous.
Gloryanna
Feb 09, 2016 Gloryanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: strong-women
I learned a lot in this book about dealing with fear and having confidence while still making wise decision. Great book!
Char.Me
Lots of wisdom and advice ... probably a book i'd come back to to for good reminders
pianogal
Nov 08, 2011 pianogal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I would be THE worst women's libber ever. I hate all this "Ra Ra We're Women Hear Us Roar" crap. So I usually stay away from books targeted to specific genders. But Joyce always has some good knowledge to impart, so I dug in.

And, as usual, this one was another good read. Joyce doesn't argue that we should be confident women because we're women, but because we're Godly women. Emphasis on the Godly.

If you're looking for something to light that fire under you and get you motivated...this wo
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
  • Fight Like a Girl: The Power of Being a Woman
  • Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits
  • Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day
  • Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship With God
  • Get Out of That Pit!: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance
  • Unmerited Favor: Depending on Jesus for every success in your life
  • Having a Mary Spirit: Allowing God to Change Us from the Inside Out
  • A Love Worth Giving: Living in the Overflow of God's Love
  • How to Study Your Bible
  • Pathway to Purpose for Women: Connecting Your To-Do List, Your Passions, and God's Purposes for Your Life
  • One in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land
  • God's Power to Change Your Life
  • Sassy, Single, & Satisfied
  • Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be: A 90-Day Guide to Living the Proverbs 31 Life
  • Every Woman's Battle: Discovering God's Plan for Sexual and Emotional Fulfillment
  • The Power of a Praying Parent Book of Prayers
Joyce Meyer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. Her nearly 100 books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration. Bestsellers include Living Beyond Your Feelings; Power Thoughts; Battlefield of the Mind; and The Confident Woman.

Joyce Meyer's broadcast Enjoying Everyday Life airs daily on hundreds of television networks an
More about Joyce Meyer...

“Because of the lingering discrimination, many women still lack confidence. They live in fear of stepping beyond what they feel is acceptable 'female' behavior. I can remember feeling that I wasn't 'normal' because I was aggressive, had dreams and goals, and wanted do do great things...I am glad now that I found courage to do something radical and chase my dreams.” 7 likes
“Confident people do not concentrate on their weaknesses; they develop and maximize their strengths.” 4 likes