Start by marking “The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear” as Want to Read:
The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear

The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear

4.35  ·  Rating Details ·  3,300 Ratings  ·  157 Reviews
What keeps women from being their best? Joyce has been helping women better themselves by helping identify emotional barriers and physical, mental, and spiritual obstacles in their lives for years. Now she provides another answer-confidence.

Our society has an insecurity epidemic, women in particular. Compensating by pretending to be secure-a common response-only leads to
Published September 5th 2006 by FaithWords (first published January 1st 2006)

Mia Kennedy
I opened this book at a time in my life where I saw I had very much lost much confidence in faith and let fear take over my life. I picked up many books on the subject of "confidence" but this one sung to me. As soon as I opened it up and started reading it, I couldn't put it down. Joyce Meyer hits faith hard in this book, while also educating about women's issues and place in the bible and the world as we know it. She doesn't miss a beat in covering many ways to get your confidence in God back ...more
Samantha Hayward
Jan 11, 2011 Samantha Hayward rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The novel, The Confident Woman was outstanding! Joyce Meyer is a magnificent author, and I absolutely love her! This novel goes into great depth about how insecurity causes great difficulties within relationships these days, causing thousands of divorce every year. However, the main focus of this novel is to let the readers realize what God has in store for them, and who he intends them to be. Meyers goes into significant detail about how God’s desire for us, as women, is to be bold, courageous, ...more

At some point in time every person needs a confidence boost. Sometimes they feel less than adequate with their mind and others struggle with their physical appearance. In Joyce Meyer's book The Confident Woman she talks about the seven characteristics a woman with confidence has.

I have battled with feelings of worthlessness and I don't think that I have ever been confident when it comes to my bodily appearance. This book does help you change your thinking about a few things which in the end can
Kathleen S
Aug 24, 2009 Kathleen S rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read alot of Joyce Meyer's books. I find her very down to earth and telling it like it is. Since watching her TV shows, in 2007 I became "born again" because of her. God is Good!!!
Cassandra Wilder
When my coworker noticed how distraught I was becoming about my divorce, she suggested that I read "The Confident Woman" by Joyce Meyers. I am so glad that I read this book. Many of the chapters spoke to me, especially some of the examples presented. I remember thinking or doing them. I never could figure out why it took me so long to finish reading this book. Now I know exactly why. I had to finish this book today... just in time for the beginning of a new year, 2011, and a new life for me.

Erin Kathleen
Five shining, brilliant, beautiful stars!!!

I love Joyce, but this book changed me. Thank you!
Jan 10, 2016 Gineke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Joyce Meyer is great at identifying those concerns and worries that a lot of women have, and explaining why and how they can change those thought patterns.

There are, I admit, some sections which feel like an open door, but they are good reminders none the less that we're allowed to be bold and brave, just like she is.
ريما الشيخ
ترددت كثيرا" في تقييم الكتاب ... كما ترددت مع كل صفحاته ان كنت سأغلقه دون عودة أو أستمر بالقراءة ... أنا انسانة تكره أسلوب الوعظ مهما كان موضوع العظة مهما" ... الكتاب معرب ربما هذا ما أفقده بعض الروح ... كما ان الكاتبة واعظة دينية .. في الكتاب تكرار كثير وهو يتوجه للمسيحيين فقط هذا بالطبع حق الواعظة الذي لا أجادلها فيه لكن عنوان المرأة الواثقة وحصولي على الكتاب من مكتبة عامة موضوعا" في قسم علم النفس جعلني أعتقد تناولا " آخر أو اسلوبا " آخر للكتابة ... وهذا ما خيب أملي عندما رأيت أن الكتاب لا يخر ...more
Cynthia Lamas
Jul 02, 2012 Cynthia Lamas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Though I am not into pushing Christian faith on to anyone. However, I really like this book that inspires women to be their very best from the aspect of faith. This faith can or cannot be from an established church, it is an individual choice. I do believe that faith comes from the belief in some higher being that is the creator of this beautiful world. My belief comes from my upbringing in a Catholic education, K-16. My first 12 years of religious education was formational and traditional. When ...more
May 01, 2008 Chriss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
We've all been down paths that were extremely dark and depressing, leaving us empty and lifeless. This book is one of those that can touch you in a dark place or just remind you of your power. Joyce Meyer has a way of speaking from the heart that is about being positive and full of strength. Through her you feel like you can do anything. She is somewhat like a life coach in this book, giving you back the power that you have always had and letting you know that GOD wants you to live a fulfilled l ...more
Mar 29, 2016 Eveline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got these book from sameone who really cared about me as a gift &it hit home,growing up not mowing my birth parents. it used to destroys me emotional. people in my community hated me for norease ,people I trusts disappointed me, I cont stand on my own the loss off my grandmother's ,friend's they care less,I fell small,as if I don't belong anywhere. until I stated reading these book the confident women by Joyce meyer. How to be a strong woman,now I don't need people to love me course I know ...more
Yewande Ashaye
Apr 10, 2014 Yewande Ashaye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has apparently been in my house for such a long time, but we never crossed paths.
I thank God for leading me to it; especially at this particular time and age. I need direction, and the book has paved the way to a God oriented life. I'm excited for my future as God's daughter in this world.

"Be courageous. Forget about yourself and start doing all you can to help others. Get a new goal..."Put smiles on faces." Encourage, edify, life up, comfort, help, give hope, relieve pain, and life
Nov 16, 2008 LuAnn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the Osteen book, this one is filled with great messages for improving your life no matter what your religious beliefs might be. The nice thing about Meyer, she cuts right to the chase, but does it such a humorous way that you don't mind being told to get your act together and straighten up. I love the personal stories she weaves into her sermonettes, and the message is always right on with my faith, even though our religions seem to be worlds apart. This book is one more proff that we are a ...more
Sep 01, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Awesome Awesome! I have read many books on how to become confident and this one was amazing! Joyce Meyer brought me out of my comfort zone and not only made me confident in public but made me confident in prayer! I never prayed the way I do now thanks to this book and of course God's word. I applaud Joyce on her knowledge with this book. I've signed up for so many different things to do and get out of the house, I don't even have a car and I go to all of the hobbies on my own with no wor ...more
Ashley Terrell
Oct 30, 2014 Ashley Terrell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I came across this book at a great point in my life. I was in the midst of my divorce and wanted to spend more time knowing who I was and knowing more of who I was becoming.
I love how the secrets of confidence were revealed - little did I know, I had all the secrets! I just didn't know how to embrace them!
I recommend this book to all women that are on the road to self-discovery and are excited about to getting to know themselves more and enriching their relationship with God.
Jun 24, 2016 Katerina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book is for mothers who got married too young, had kids and did nothing else with their life. They're approaching their thirties and forties and as they realize they have nothing to show for it,begin to have existential crises. According to Joyce, it's ok if you can't calculate what the tip should be on a night out, you know how to make a great pie; some of us just have different talents! Read: it's ok if you can't to basic arithmetic, you excel at being other mediocre tasks.
Carla Still
Jan 02, 2011 Carla Still rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: joyce-meyer
Another five star read from Joyce Meyer! Sharpened my pencil many times. I think I'm certainly living more confidently now than I was beginning this book. Jammed pack with great insights for confidently living in Christ! There's not one single quote to summarize the book and too many great ones to rewrite here.
Aug 10, 2016 Jackie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was a good read and full of words of encouragement for living a life not in fear. Ultimately, we must recognize fear, move forward and trust God will see us through it. I'll probably have to read it again, but the first read through was pleasant but nothing life changing or any information I didn't already know.
Kimi Evans
Loved this book; it's more than just being a Confident Woman, it is truly about being a human cloaked in God's spirit and seeing life and people and things through his lens. It is also refreshing to know that with God behind me, nothing can stop me from moving towards His Goals except myself, and this inspires me.
Apr 07, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This amazing book has changed me. It's changed how I think, how I speak and how I look at myself and others. Joyce Meyer has encouraged me and helped build up my confidence through what she has written. The Confident Woman is so worth reading!
As a daughter of God, I can be confident, bold and courageous.
Feb 21, 2016 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so inspiring, life-changing. Joyce Meyer is certainly a great writer and an anointed woman. Loved the fact that she gives lots of practical examples and tons of bible verses to complement her arguments. It's a book to mark every single page from beginning to end. Greaaat read. Can't wait to put it all in practice, little by little.
Mijin Kang
I received this book as a gift and I read a chunk of it this afternoon as I sat in the beauty salon chair for an hour and half getting a $40 straigt perm (yes!). I like it so far! After I got my hair done, I ran home holding the book to my chest because I was satisfied with the cut/perm and excited that I was finally taking the time to read a good book.
Jennifer Oglesby
Very good book

I'm a fan of Joyce Meyer and have enjoyed all of her books, cds and dvds. this book has inspired me to be confident and do something I've felt God pushing me to do. go back to college and get my degree so that I can find a good job that I enjoy. I tend to put myself last because I feel like I don't deserve better. but this book makes me want more.
Jennifer Beers
Jun 22, 2007 Jennifer Beers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are a lot of great things in this book, and the message is great, but the author talks about the devil and evil in kind of a cheesy way...a little on the serious religious side, but great messages if you can get past that.
Marlene Orozco
Nov 18, 2014 Marlene Orozco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Loved it! Going to read it again It was a Blessing. I was always timid and kept to myself but this book has helped me step out of my comfort zone. there is so much to take in so see for your self!!!
I must admit, I didn't finish this book and therefore do not want to rate it with any stars. I enjoyed the beginning and read it at a time where I really needed encouragement and motivation. As I continued through the book, it all started to sound the same.
Sep 21, 2008 Jenifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
This book was another that contained some great ways to become stronger and more confident in yourself through God and because God is the priority in your life. It really taught me to retrain my mind into more positive thinking about myself and other women.
Nov 30, 2007 Lain rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's not a lot new here in Joyce Meyer's book, but what is there is a valuable reminder. If you're familiar with Mrs. Meyer's work, you will have heard most of this before. But I always appreciate her wisdom, stories, and ability to laugh at herself. She is a real gem.
Deanna Vath
Jan 17, 2015 Deanna Vath rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the best books I ever read. I gave me a lot of insight into myself and helped me realize a lot of things I need to work on. I would highly recommend it to anyone. My friend and I actually use it as a bible study.
Chelsea DeVries
Nov 02, 2015 Chelsea DeVries rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With new opportunities on the horizon, I've been dealing with more insecurities than normal. Yet, this book reminds me what it truly means to be confident and how to go about walking in it every day. This book was one of my favorites from Joyce so far!
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
  • Fight Like a Girl: The Power of Being a Woman
  • Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits
  • Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day
  • Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship With God
  • Get Out of That Pit!: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance
  • Unmerited Favor: Depending on Jesus for every success in your life
  • Having a Mary Spirit: Allowing God to Change Us from the Inside Out
  • A Love Worth Giving: Living in the Overflow of God's Love
  • How to Study Your Bible
  • Pathway to Purpose for Women: Connecting Your To-Do List, Your Passions, and God's Purposes for Your Life
  • One in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land
  • God's Power to Change Your Life
  • Sassy, Single, & Satisfied
  • Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be: A 90-Day Guide to Living the Proverbs 31 Life
  • Every Woman's Battle: Discovering God's Plan for Sexual and Emotional Fulfillment
  • The Power of a Praying Parent Book of Prayers
Joyce Meyer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. Her nearly 100 books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration. Bestsellers include Living Beyond Your Feelings; Power Thoughts; Battlefield of the Mind; and The Confident Woman.

Joyce Meyer's broadcast Enjoying Everyday Life airs daily on hundreds of television networks an
More about Joyce Meyer...

“Because of the lingering discrimination, many women still lack confidence. They live in fear of stepping beyond what they feel is acceptable 'female' behavior. I can remember feeling that I wasn't 'normal' because I was aggressive, had dreams and goals, and wanted do do great things...I am glad now that I found courage to do something radical and chase my dreams.” 9 likes
“Confident people do not concentrate on their weaknesses; they develop and maximize their strengths.” 4 likes