Start by marking “Every Breath You Take” as Want to Read:
Every Breath You Take

Every Breath You Take (Second Opportunities #4)

3.85  ·  Rating Details ·  8,244 Ratings  ·  396 Reviews
Unforgettable characters, sizzling romance, and riveting suspense: These are the trademarks of beloved author Judith McNaught. With millions of devoted fans and ten New York Times bestsellers to date, McNaught is a writer whose work just gets better with each new novel–and Every Breath You Take is the book readers have been waiting for. Returning to the lavish Chicago sett ...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published December 27th 2005 by Random House Audio (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Every Breath You Take, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Breath You Take

Zeek
I read it in one night. It's JM's usual story. Girl meets Uber-wealthy Alpha Male, falls in love, than something happens to make one or both think the other has betrayed them and they separate, only to come together in the end realizing how stupid and wrong about the other they were.

Yes, it was exactly like Perfect and Paradise by this author, in fact the heroes and heroines from those two novels make an appearance, and though I enjoyed EBYT, the fact that it was exactly like her others causes a
Mo
Sep 11, 2014 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“With a feeling approaching amused disbelief, Mitchell realized that he was wildly attracted to a nice, redheaded, Irish Catholic girl from a solid, middle-class American family. How totally atypical for him.”

I really liked this one. When I finished book 3 in this series, I was hesitant to start this book as I really didn’t think it was as good as Books 1 and 2. But as I already had the book I said I would give it a try.

Mitchell and Kate were strong characters. There was an instant attraction
Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
Arlene
Sep 09, 2009 Arlene rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009, romance, adult
After reading Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught and really liking it, I thought I'd try another of her books that I happen to come across in the library.

First of all, I'm a bit embarrassed to add it to my shelf because of the chagrin-worthy cover. Could it be any more raunchy? LOL.

Secondly, I didn't really care for this book as the storyline was very disorganized, and I don't think the author could decide what she wanted the novel to be about, so she dumped in a hodge-podge of ingredients t
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Narrated by Laura Dean

A fabulously wealthy hero (self-made of course) and a humble yet gorgeous woman meet for the first time on a tropical island and share a romance unaware that they are connected in numerous ways back in Chicago. It’s typical McNaught (and I am a definite fan) which means there is a Big Misunderstanding – this one huge. In print, this misunderstanding lasts for a good portion of the book since there is a long separation of the characters. However in the abridged audio format,
✧✦♔ⱮČ♕✦✧ (Michelle)
Every Breath You Take
Mitchell Wyatt and Katherine Kate Donovan
5/5 Stars

Every Breath You Take is the fifth and last book of Second Opportunities series by Judith McNaught.

Favorite Quotes
“Let’s get complicated, Kate.” -Mitchell
“Thank you for the offer, but it’s better to leave things just as they are.” -Kate

“Please stop this, or we won’t end up being friends, after all.” -Kate
“We’re already friends. We’re about to become lovers.” -Mitchell

“I am trying to concede. The truth is that I f
Zumbagirl
I read this last April, I think, and really enjoyed it. Judith McNaught was my favorite author for many years. I stopped reading her and didn't even know she had a new book out. Well, new compared to her classics that I read back in the day, almost 20 years ago. So I found this at a used bookstore and voila, the magic of McNaught caught me up.
This is a very different setting for her. Much of the book takes place at a tropical beach setting and some in Chicago. I loved the beach part - so beauti
Hailey
Feb 01, 2016 Hailey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a big fan of Judith McNaught as a teenager. I have read almost all the books by her which were translated into Korean, my native language. I almost forgot about her and now in my 30s I came across this book. I didn't think I would love it because I'm not a little girl who dreams of unrealistic romance anymore, however I enjoyed it a lot and I love it! Certainly I had good reasons that I loved McNaught's novels. The story-line doesn't make sense from time to time but still it has attractive ...more
Viola
Jun 29, 2008 Viola rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is beyond crap. And I don't mind good crap! This one, however, is so bloody identical to Perfect, it's almost as though she plagiarized her own work. I was literally predicting scenes and plot twists and was always right! She pretty much just took Perfect and changed the details such as names, settings and appearances. Otherwise, it's the exact same story with the exact same structure!

I guess when you come out with a book a year, it's bound to happen. Maybe an assistant wrote it for he
Jacqueline
I must have read this back when it first came out and then forgot about it. That's why I'm on Goodreads! Still I liked it at this second reading. Plenty of angst. I don't really like books where there is a big misunderstanding that separates the characters but every once in a while it's okay if the rest of the book is well done. The writing is good here. The emotions are realistic and intense. The end could have been a bit longer. The mystery could have been stronger.
Addie
Feb 16, 2010 Addie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book twice. There is a scene from the book that shows the main character observing her son and his father in the bathroom, towel around the waist, shaving. Even though the little boy had never met his father until a few days ago, he has known him all of his life...because his mother never forgot or fell out of love with the one man who stole her heart...
Burcu
Jun 09, 2015 Burcu rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
İlk söylemek istediğim kapağı sizi kesinlikle yanıltmasın zira bu bir tarihi aşk değil günümüz aşk kitabı.

Ben kitaba çok fazla bahane bulmak istemiyorum çünkü aşk kitaplarını okumakta çok zorlanıyorum ama bu kitapta bir bütünlük göremediğimi de açıkça belirtmem lazım.

Kitap çok yavaş bir kere. Gereksiz detaylarla fazla boğulmuş geldi bana, ısınamadım. Ayrıca karakterleri de sevemedim. Kate o kadar iyi bir kadınsa neden böyle davransın ki yani. Bir de araya zorlama bir polisiyelik katılmış ki hiç
Αγγελική
Είχε ότι ζητούσα!!! Ερωτας, πάθος, αγωνία! Πολύ καλό!!
MJ
Aug 29, 2016 MJ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To see review with gifs click here.

I really think McNaught was doomed with this book from the moment she titled it. She did realize the song is about stalking, right?

Honestly, she probably didn’t care. But just saying…the creepy element of the song though really doesn’t fit with the disappointing nature of the book.

If you haven’t read my other reviews about McNaught’s work all you should know is she’s one of the founding members of the modern historical and contemporary romance and when she’s on
Amy Sanders
Not the best JM novel. Many of the explanations of what is happening in the story comes from the undercover cops that are observing the main characters. I like knowing more of the main characters POV than feeling like an observer.
Some of the things I liked:
I fet his story was plausible and heartbreaking. I liked that her story came out as she told him things about her life.
I liked that she was not 'quick' to give in to him as in most romances.
However, after the 'big misunderstanding' there is
Jo Guasque
Mar 28, 2010 Jo Guasque rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I love this book. This has been added to my list of most romantic love stories of all time...:) when I have reached the middle part, I was hesitant to continue reading it because I don't want to read the hard part.. I mean The part when Mitchell and Kate were bound to leave the island. That part is when everything becomes too complicated because of William's murder case. But I find the story refreshing and truly romantic. Until now, it gives me goosebumps when I recall the love Mitchell has for ...more
Angela Moxon
May 22, 2011 Angela Moxon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and i don't normally read books set in current times, not romance anyway I'm more of a historic romance kinda girl or fantasy. That being said, this book was really good to me. The characters were vibrant and full of emotion. The man was sexy, even if he was a bit of a cocky asshole and the woman I could really relate to. Her feelings of despair, her lack of trust, the whole emotional roller coaster really touched me on a personal level.

The authors way of writing was
Nigham
Jul 17, 2015 Nigham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was expecting more from this book, anyway 4.5 stars... would read the newer version of this book sometime.

“Let’s get complicated, Kate.” -Mitchell

“Please stop this, or we won’t end up being friends, after all.” -Kate
“We’re already friends. We’re about to become lovers.” -Mitchell
Leona
Dec 01, 2011 Leona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was definitely a much different type of book for Judith McNaught. I did enjoy it, but it seemed a little choppy at times and a bit unbelievable. I wasn't quite sure where she wanted to take the book and the romance just seemed to wrap up too conveniently into a little bow at the end. I couldn't warm up to either of the main characters, but the secondary characters were entertaining.
Sarita
May 26, 2010 Sarita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok - so there were some good and then not so good ratings on this book. I got one of the newer versions with bonus scenes included and that must have made all the difference because I LOVED IT! So be sure you get the updated version. :-)

Geo Marcovici
Dec 05, 2015 Geo Marcovici rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O carte mult așteptata! O autoare foarte indragita!
O poveste de dragoste, ce ne arata inca o data, ca viata mai poate oferi o a doua sansa uneori!
Kimberly Sturtevant
This is one of my favorites that I read every year. It tugs at my heart and I have trouble putting it down.
Michelegg
Feb 05, 2009 Michelegg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WHEW!! I started this in the afternoon and finished it at 3am. I couldn't stop reading. I loved Kate and Mitch and their Carribean romance. And of course I loved the "happily ever after"!
Tina
Gina
Oct 20, 2008 Gina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, romance
Decidely flat.

Mitchell Wyatt grew up as an orphan, a ‘charity case’. Sure, he had the best education money can buy, but he had no one to claim him as part of their family. He spent holidays with friends from school, but that never lasted once they found out he was a ‘charity case’. But when Stavros Konstantatos took Mitchell under his wing, he taught Mitchell everything he knew, and Mitchell learned well.

Now a self-made billionaire, Mitchell can afford the best of the best, and now that the Wyat
cheryna27
Aug 22, 2011 cheryna27 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read few reviews on Every Breath You Take and I could not agree more: Judith McNaught was an auto-buy. Similar circumstances happened to me previously. When I was 15, I used to keep my pocket money just to buy Once and Always. I bought Perfect when I was 17 (also with my pocket money). I got Paradise as a gift when I was 18. To complete my Judith McNaught's collection, I bought the other books with my own salary when I was 23. That was just to complete the private collection. Realisticall ...more
Book Binge
I've been in a nasty reading funk. So what do I do to get myself out of it? Re-read!

It's been years since I read this book. I recall liking it the first time around, but not loving it. I think that's because I read the hardcover version, which is missing some key scenes. The paperback, which I always enjoy more, has quite a few deleted scenes along with some bonus material. If you're going to read it, I highly recommend you read the paperback. The blurb is misleading.

Kate is dealing with the dea
Melisa
Oct 14, 2015 Melisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just read a book with a hero named Mitchell and I'm happy to say that the Mitchell in this book was so much more impressive and full-of-depth than his predecessor. I read a lot of Judith McNaught when I first got into reading romance novels, and I was pleasantly surprised when I came across this book. I thought I had read them all, but this one was definitely new to me.

Mitchell Wyatt is the bastard son of the Chicago Wyatts, a well-or-do family that has a few unstable characters within their m
Dee
Aug 15, 2011 Dee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance Novel Boo...: SOLVED - kidnapped son 8 30 Dec 20, 2016 06:16AM
  • Shadow Dance (Buchanan-Renard, #6)
  • Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught | Summary & Study Guide
  • Once Tempted (Danvers, #3)
  • Don't Tempt Me (Fallen Women, #2)
  • Highland Promise (Sisters by Choice, #2)
  • Shades of Twilight
  • Glitter Baby
  • The Scottish Bride (Brides, #6)
  • An Angel for Emily
  • Close to You (Lost Hearts, #3)
  • The Girl Most Likely To...
  • The Wedding Ultimatum (Wedlocked!)
You can find Judith McNaught in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorjudith...

Judith McNaught is a #1 New York Times Best-Selling Author, with more than forty million copies of her novels in print, in over eighty countries and more than thirty languages. She was also the first female executive producer at a CBS radio station. McNaught is credited with inventing the modern Regency Historical ro
More about Judith McNaught...

Second Opportunities (4 books)
  • Paradise (Second Opportunities, #1)
  • Perfect (Second Opportunities, #2)
  • Night Whispers (Second Opportunities, #3)

“Then based on her own recent experience, the Divine Presence had a cruelly perverse sense of humor and His Grand Plan needed drastic revision.” 4 likes