Start by marking “Jamie in 30 minuten” as Want to Read:
Jamie in 30 minuten

Jamie in 30 minuten

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,507 Ratings  ·  117 Reviews
Na weer een drukke dag op kantoor is het niet altijd evident om zelf nog een maaltijd te bereiden. Een kant-en-klaarmaaltijd is dan ook vaak een makkelijke optie. Jamie is al die excuses zat en laat ons zien dat je binnen dertig minuten een lekkere, complete en verse maaltijd op tafel kunt zetten.

Jamie in 30 minuten bewijst dat dat, met een paar handige trucjes en een goed
Published October 1st 2010 by Kosmos (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Jamie in 30 minuten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jamie in 30 minuten

Amadeus
Aug 12, 2012 Amadeus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook has an interesting concept. It includes the recipes and shows you how to use your time to prepare the individual dishes so a complete, rather impressive meal is ready all at once. This is not a bad idea in theory. In practice, it is tricky, because you may want to have an individual dish without having the entire meal. Also, several people follow "restrictive" diets (e.g., vegan, gluten-free, etc.) and this cookbook is more geared towards those who are fairly open to all foods.

That
Marcie
Feb 09, 2012 Marcie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was completely unaware of the Naked Chef until I picked up this gorgeous cookbook at the library. Apparently, he's been on tv for years...lol. The food is gorgeous, healthy, substantial.

However, there's no way that these are "quick, throw-together" recipes. At least one ingredient in each recipe is difficult to obtain (suggesting websites for online ordering). I had to google ingredients to even understand what the American translations would be.

Finally, I found one to try to duplicate, with l
Sarah Matts
Sep 11, 2012 Sarah Matts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really helped me get some more interesting foods into my diet!
When I was working 11 hour shifts, I didn't have much time for food prep. So I picked up this book.
With practise, it is possible to do the recipes within 30 minutes, providing you have all the equipment. (Jamie makes a note of this at the start - I didn't have a mircowave, so some meals were going to take me longer.) Even so, any meals I've cooked I've done so in under an hour.

I found the format fairly easy to follow, as ea
Catherine
Aug 14, 2011 Catherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
When I purchased this book in Australia it was called "30 Minute Meals". I daresay the title is misleading which could well be the reason why it's appearing here under a different name.

This is a book full of appetising recipes and I have cooked several of them with very good outcomes. I consider myself to be an experienced home cook and I have a very well equipped kitchen with all manner of appliances to assist me in the cooking process. Jamie says in the book that you need to have certain essen
Jason Hawkins
Feb 02, 2013 Jason Hawkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK, so you might not cook the meals in 30 minutes. Who cares!? OK, he cheated, the 30 minutes doesn't include cleaning all the crap off of your kitchen surface and chopping up all the ingredients. Who Cares?

I still have the zing of chilli on my lips after having the Satay Chicken with fiery noodle salad. It was utterly gorgeous and took me an hour from beginning to end.

You do have to know how to cook before you start this. The recipes are stripped down and at times timings and techniques are sk
Jenn
Oct 28, 2014 Jenn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
I love Jamie Oliver.. .I could marry him and have his children. Or maybe not, considering he calls them names like Poppy and Flower. I cook his meals virtually every night and I'm someone who loathes cooking, I'd happily never cook a meal again if I had half a chance. But I have three kids and I feel obliged to churn out something nutritious each day that they will actually eat.
The good thing about Jamie's 30 mins is they are reasonably quick, once you've done them a few times -- yes, actually t
Alexandra
Ich habe mir das Buch gekauft, weil ich die Fernsehserie Jamies 30 Minuten-Menüs sooo genial finde. In exakt 30 Minuten fabriziert Jamie dort ganze Menüs live und ohne doppelten Boden (z.B. vorbereitete Sachen). Die Rezepte sind wie immer teilweise sehr einfach aber wirklich sehr raffiniert, vor allem mit den vielen Kräutern und Gewürzen.

So und nun kommen wir gleich zum größten Manko und Ärgerfaktor: Ich finde die Rezepte nur genauso sequentiell wie in der Fernsehserie. Ok es gibt selbstverstän
Alexis
Jan 16, 2012 Alexis rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: culinary
Maybe I am being rash by giving this cook book 2 stars. It's not bad per se. In my mind, cook books should be rated based on 3 things. They are, "Am I inspired to cook after reading this book?","How many of the recipes in this book interested me and how likely am I to cook them?" and finally "How did the recipes turn out(ease of instruction, ability to find ingredients, low fail recipes)?".

I haven't cooked a thing yet from this book. I will. I have made copious notes of that which interested me
Foxthyme
Jan 10, 2012 Foxthyme rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
I admit it, I love Jamie Oliver's philosophy of cooking and methods of presenting, as well as his efforts to make food preparation fun and easy for normal folk. His books just get better and better. Spectacular pics. Great recipes. Easy prep. If the recipe doesn't work for you, find one that does. He really wants you to cook for yourself and family. And I do too.

Falling back on fast food options is hurtful in so many ways. Even if you were raised, like I was, on crap fast food. You can change t
Melissa Halsey
Jul 15, 2013 Melissa Halsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great companion to Jamie Oliver's Meals In 30 Minutes series, which is available by DVD (in the UK).

Pros: The beginning of the book features a list of essentials which will help you prepare the meals. Recipes are listed in metric and imperial measurements. The meals are laid out for you and he breaks everything down step-by-step. I have prepared many of the meals in the book, and only one was a miss. The rest of the meals were a hit!

Cons: I wish that nutritional information was liste
Al-x4o
May 19, 2013 Al-x4o rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Цялото ревю е тук
И тогава започва серията от вкусотии, чието приготвяне, освен добре описано, е и разграфено по минути и илюстрирано със страхотни висококачествени снимки. Като Оливър не пропуска да обясни още в самото начало на книгата, че абсолютно държи пропорциите на продуктите и времето за тяхното приготвяне да се спазват пунктуално. Е, ако искате да си сготвите нещо конкретно, може, казва той. Затова и се е постарал на края на книгата да има достатъчно добър указател с всички рецепти.
Цялот
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Προσωπικά, ένα από τα αγαπημένα μου hobbies είναι το να μαγειρεύω, τόσο σε καθημερινή βάση για την οικογένειά μου, όσο και για φίλους σε πιο ιδιαίτερες περιστάσεις. Ουσιαστικά, θεωρώ πως η μαγειρική είναι ένα είδος τέχνης, καλλιτεχνικής έκφρασης και εκδήλωσης δημιουργικότητας και ναι, συμφωνώ με τη θεωρία που θέλει τον καθένα από εμάς ικανό να μαγειρέψει, αρκεί να έχει την όρεξη και τη διάθεση για να κάνει κάτι τέτοιο. Γιατί η μαγειρική, θέλει να την αγαπάς. Γιατί μόνο τότε μπορείς να αποδώσεις, ...more
Catherine Gillespie
“Entire meals–in minutes!” I thought, “That’s JUST what I need!”

I’m not against recipes that take a long time, but since I got the book thinking it was a quick dinner fix, I was a little disappointed to find that even when I skip two or three of the dishes in one of the featured meals, it takes me an hour or so to get it to the table.

However, I will say that if you can get over the expectation of quickness, one very nice aspect of the book is how Jamie lays out recipes in sets as meals, and then
Lauren
While Jamie Oliver always has a certain appeal, this cookbook has so many problems for the average home cook. Initially, this premise is really great: everything is grouped into meals (usually an entree and either two accompaniments or a salad and a dessert) and the instructions are written to have you cooking all components simultaneously. Everything is thought out and planned for you! Awesome, right?

If you are part of a foodie couple, or a family open to all foods with no health concerns, it w
Terri
Jan 01, 2012 Terri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, cooking
I haven't cooked anything from this yet as it is new, but it is full of lots and lots of recipes that I can't wait to try. Lovely looking recipes using healthy, fresh ingredients. Just what I feel like after the greed and gluttony of the Christmas season.
Christine
Oct 30, 2011 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As much as it pains me to give Jamie Oliver 4 stars, it has to be done. Bought this with the intention of photocopying and selling it on, but now use it at least once a week. Have almost overcome the embarrassment of having this guy on my bookshelf...
 Carol ♔ Type, Oh Queen! ♔
3.5 stars.

I actually liked the layout. My copy has a blue ribbon, so I can easily mark the page if I want to mix & match.

So far I've made three of the recipes & one of the sides - they were all keepers & I had lots of compliments.

I have marked it down from 4 stars as I think cookbooks need to be value for money & you may find this book isn't great in this regard. Out of 274 pages approximately 172 were pictures - & a fair few were of Jamie himself. Um Jamie... you are famous,
Vanessa
Jan 16, 2015 Vanessa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
The good recipes can't really make up for a title and concept that is pretty much a lie. The amount of dishes that need to be washed was absolutely not a concern when coming up with these recipes. The book almost requires you to have perfect knife skills and someone to clean up after you. You also need a large kitchen with plenty of space for appliances. The only way these recipes could be finished so quickly would be to practice them until you had them memorized, but I feel like it would be muc ...more
Marya Kowal
I agree with the other reviewers. The food was pretty good, the directions were easy to follow, but the format was intensely annoying.

He isn't kidding. The recipes and instructions are for the whole meal, cooking everything together, like it or not. I'm an experienced home cook and this was not the book for me.

While PERFECT for a newly independent cook who needs practice making a whole meal at once and having everything come out ready at the same time, those of us who have been cooking for a fam
Debra Daniels-zeller
This is Jamie Oliver's 11th book and the first book I've read by him. It's also the first book I've looked at by a Food Network "chef." I got this book from the library and I initially thought it would be filled with great tips about how to cook meals in minutes, but like the title says "Meals in Minutes: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast," means entire meal plans, not recipes. The book is divided into actual meals--for example--smoked salmon, potato salad, beets and cottage che ...more
Sharon
Oct 18, 2010 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
Innovative - I liked this book & the recipes, the instructions are set out in order of preparation for making say for example a starter maincourse & dessert, even if one moment you are cooking the chicken or the next making custard for the tarts etc etc, the recipes are in the order you need to prepare different items in the most efficient manner. Genius. If you have watched his t.v program 'Thirty Minute Meals' the recipe book will make sense. I bought this after watching the program, l ...more
Finn
Feb 28, 2012 Finn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't want my 3 star rating to reflect badly on the recipes. As always, Oliver serves up simple fare with good ingredients that are immensely delicious. After watching every episode of Jamie Oliver's 30 Minute Meals, I bought this book as a gift for my busy mother who lives alone, works long hours and doesn't eat enough proper meals as a result.

Pro: Great recipes (I haven't tried them all but I can already rave about the Piri Piri Chicken with yam/feta/lemon/cilantro mash)

Con: I don't like t
Amy Pullen
Jun 05, 2015 Amy Pullen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the way this book was laid out, with recipes grouped as menus (main, side, dessert, sometimes a beverage). I often find a recipe I want to make and then struggle to find a side; or if they're arranged as menus it's rare to like the pairings. I feel like these menus were very approachable and appealing (I have a number bookmarked to try). First up is the Piri Piri Chicken with Dressed Potatoes, Arugula Salad, and Quick Portuguese Tarts.
Hssauthor
Mar 25, 2013 Hssauthor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have worked in the food industry for years, for a global company. I have worked alongside factory workers to some of the countries top chefs. This book has a fantastic combination of flavours. I have heard people moan that it has taken them 40minutes.... so what? He does say that if you can get everything ready, it will save your time.

The main thing is that there are ready meals out there that take 20-30minutes. This book shows you that you can still make a quick meal, from fresh, with excell
Leslie
May 05, 2014 Leslie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook is me all time favorite! I love all of Jamie's cookbooks but this one has wonderful menus already planned out for you and I have made most of the menus and they always turn out just like the pictures!!! And taste amazing!!!! I cook a lot and host lots of do bee parties so these menus are perfect, easy and loved by those partaking!!! Thank you Jamie!
James Targett
Jun 14, 2014 James Targett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
This is full of really great meals. I love this book. Though trying to cook anything in 30 minutes means being very focused and having all the kit and ingredients out first. My kids (4 and 7) haven't liked some of the hotter meals and I have to think-twice before I decide to include chillies or not.
Julien
Oct 03, 2015 Julien rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say for once I try all the recipes in this book. Can I do it in 30min ? Yes most of the time, it is spot on. Just make sure you read it first and make yourself a cheat sheet or highlight the steps in the book. Overall a great book with great food.
Melissa
Dec 13, 2011 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
Generally I really like Jamie's cookbooks and I have one at home. My two star rating on this one had nothing to do with the recipes. My husband made the tomato soup from this book and it is the best tomato soup I've ever had! The low rating is because of the layout. The problem is that you are given instructions for a complete meal with side and a salad and possibly a dessert. In theory this sounds good but the cooking instructions are laid out as though you are making all of these things at onc ...more
Ahmed
Apr 26, 2016 Ahmed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cook
What an awesome book. Jamie is my mentor. I have learned a lot form him and his way of cooking which is way different (and better) from many other chefs. Following his way over time I become known of being a good cook among my friends and family. It is awesome and when they call me Home Chef.
Meg
Jun 17, 2013 Meg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, nutrition
I was surprised to read that other accomplished home cooks were frustrated with this cookbook's formatting. I guess 'different strokes for different folks', because I LOVED it. I went out and bought it after drooling over it at a friend's house in Ireland.

As a home cook, I sometimes get in a rut of 'side dishes' and desserts. I love that he offers a complete meal suggestion. And I have made individual recipes from his book as well. I wasn't put off by the 'prep notes' as they were. I still foun
  • Modern Classics Book 1
  • Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities
  • The Cook's Companion
  • River Cottage Every Day
  • Tender: Volume II: A Cook's Guide to the Fruit Garden
  • Mary Berry's Complete Cookbook (Revised)
  • Maggie's Harvest
  • Bake
  • Delia's How to Cook: Book One
  • Preserves (River Cottage Handbook, #2)
  • How to Bake
  • Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course

James Trevor "Jamie" Oliver, sometimes known as The Naked Chef, is an English chef and media personality well known for his growing list of food-focused television shows, his more recent roles in campaigning against the use of processed foods in national schools, and his ca
More about Jamie Oliver...