Start by marking “Halfway to Forever (Forever Faithful, #3)” as Want to Read:
Halfway to Forever (Forever Faithful, #3)

Halfway to Forever (Forever Faithful #3)

4.41  ·  Rating Details ·  2,991 Ratings  ·  82 Reviews
You wept with them as they were Waiting for Morning
You shared their Moment of Weakness
Now they face the greatest struggles of their lives.

Matt and Hannah Bronzan have found a new life in the face of devastating loss.  Together with Hannah’s daughter, Jenny, they are finally moving forward—toward the adoption of a little girl. A younger sister for Jenny, a daughter for them
Published December 29th 2010 by Multnomah (first published April 2nd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Halfway to Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Halfway to Forever

Maria Elmvang
Jun 15, 2010 Maria Elmvang rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Maria by: Nina
I'm glad I decided to give Karen Kingsbury a second chance, because I LOVED Halfway to Forever. It had all the good points of A Moment of Weakness and none (or only very few) of the bad ones. I do realize that this means I'll have to read more by her to figure out which is the rule and which is the exception ;-)

Halfway to Forever is a wonderful book about trusting God through adversity, and listening to Him, even when He seems far away. It's probably too in-your-face for a non-Christian, but an
Amy Burt
Nov 03, 2016 Amy Burt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You laugh, you cry, and you say good-bye in this next book of Karen's. It is a must read ending to the trilogy.
Donna
Jun 11, 2017 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful love story of romance and faith. The characters were beautiful, the story amazing, and Gods Love was Forever. It was a wonderful read that I could not put down and I read it in 1 day! Karen never lets me down, her stories are real life, real issues, real romance, and Faith always wins out. I feel good reading her books and they inspire me to be a better person and they make my faith stronger.
Angela
Jun 04, 2017 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a WONDERFUL ending to this 3 book series! It had me on the edge of my seat and in tears a couple times but I knew God would pull through for both families! "Great is Thy Faithfulness" for sure! :)
Sierra Cross
Nov 08, 2016 Sierra Cross rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was Awesome!!!!! I cried in a few parts and I am not a person who typically cries at books but it was very touching!
Chris
Kathryn
Aug 02, 2010 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dana
Oct 12, 2014 Dana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read, by far, more books by Karen Kingsbury than any other author. However, I finally got tired of her books which were so often about the Baxter family. But, I found some newer books that aren't about the Baxters! And, I found this book which is the 3rd in a series I'd started years ago. It's older, but one I hadn't read.

I'm so glad I gave read another of her books! Besides being wonderful stories, they are truly inspirational and teach us about faith. And, like this one, I often go thro
Nduku
Aug 29, 2016 Nduku rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third book in the series 'Forever Faithful', this book was a clear reminder of the power of God. Going through the journey of the Bronzans and the Eastmans and the challenges that they go through in the book was invigorating. I didn't keep the book down until I finished it. The author makes you go through such a whirlwind of emotions , from love, to anger, to despair, to hope and back to love again. This book demonstrates clear lessons and values of being in a marriage. It is a constant remi ...more
Shannon
Mar 01, 2009 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults who like religious romance
This is a really good book for anyone struggling in their faith after the loss of a loved one or after a major disappointment in life; also for the person who needs a reminder of God's faithful love and powerful deliverance in the midst of confusing and oppressive circumstances. This book addresses the question: "Why do bad things happen to good people?" It also deals with the subject of loss and the death of loved ones.
Sandie
Aug 31, 2013 Sandie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms Kingsbury has again written a wonderful book. I got so wrapped up in the people, Tanner and Jade and Hannah and Matt.. There stories were so great that I wanted to keep reading to see where they were led. Little Grace is led from poverty with her mother to a wonderful adoptive family and then torn away.. Had to find out what happens with Grace.. Now I will have to get the other book in this series (Forever Faithful)as this was book three..
DEBRA DAVIDS
Mar 26, 2016 DEBRA DAVIDS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Halfway to forever

Wow what a breath taking story...........I must say from the beginning to the end.......this story has also made me cry and laugh.....touching your own soul and feeling the longing...hurt and love.......touched my soul and knowing that having the faith can set you free.....
Whitney
Oct 06, 2013 Whitney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nov 22, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
Now that I've quit crying and cleaned up all the tissues, I think I can write a review.

This is my second reading of Halfway to Forever. I read it years ago before Jamie's illness. Certain circumstances touched me deeply now as they mirrored some of my own personal stories. Great, emotional story!

John 16:33
Noirfifre
Sep 05, 2012 Noirfifre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An amazing account of a journey challenged by tribulations which tested everyone's faith. If you are going through a struggle and need some hope, read this book. You will not want to put it down, until the end. The book speaks of adoption, cancer, forgiveness, love, work and priority, prayer, faith......
Kim Holdiman
Aug 05, 2012 Kim Holdiman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Karen Kingsbury! Everything she writes touches my heart. There's always love and family issues that need resolution. God is always the center of that resolution. She has a way of sharing scripture that brings it to a new light for me. I just plain feel good when I read her books. They are an easy read...a curl up in your favorite chair and just enjoy!
Nellie
Nov 18, 2015 Nellie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story. Christian ideals. This book made me cry in a couple areas. The adoption aspect is very real. Kingsbury is very good at making me want to be better in my faith, and shows real consequences for sin. I've read most of her books. I would recommend this series to anyone. BUT, these are not light reads. Subject matter can often be heart wrenching.
Anita
Pain, grief, separation, heartache -- mankind is no stranger to all the burdens of life, in whatever guise or magnitude they may appear. One may even feel overwhelmed, exhausted, misunderstood, but as it is written in John 16:33, 'In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.'
Dianna
Jan 01, 2014 Dianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic story by Karen Kingsbury. This story is touching. Two couples, who are best friends, endure joy, sorrow and life in general.

The lesson to be learned is that no matter our circumstances, we are never alone. God is always with us.

Highly recommend this book.
Pam
Jan 13, 2011 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally love Karen Kingsbury, and this book didn't disappoint me. I LOVED how she portrayed God's faithfulness and care in the lives of the characters in this book. Have a box of tissues handy when reading this book, though. :)
Natasja
May 29, 2012 Natasja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Een prachtige afsluiter van de forever faithful serie.
Ik vond dit boek dan ook het mooiste van de drie zeker omdat hier de personages van beide boeken samen kwamen.
Verdriet en vreugde komt samen en sleept je mee tot het eind van het boek.
Stacie
Aug 27, 2010 Stacie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lds-reading
This book was really good. It hit close to my heart as I can relate to much of the experiences. The more I read of Karen Kingsbury the more I like her. I struggled with her at first but I guess it was just the series I was reading.
Mar 02, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this 3 book series. I enjoyed both of the first books as they each covered a different family/story and then the third tied the 2 families together. It was hard to put these down. Her books are such a fast easy read.
April Horvath
Apr 23, 2014 April Horvath rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been a long time since I've cried so much while reading a book. But it's only because Kingsbury had me so enveloped in the characters that I sincerely felt as if they were loved ones. So sad to see this series end.
Rita
Jan 23, 2016 Rita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own, faithful
Book 3 of the Forever Faithful Series. Great series. Book 3 ties everything together. Even though the books are written so someone could read just one, it would be best to read the other two before reading this book. I couldn't put it down.
Rkbfb2017
Feb 03, 2017 Rkbfb2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nedra-h
Excellent. Oh My! It brought the previous two books to a conclusion with this one. WOW! This book had me praying...again!! for fictional characters. That Karen Kingsbury knows she has been gifted to write the most heart wrenching, emotional stories!
Nell Stiff
Sep 22, 2014 Nell Stiff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I almost couldn't read this book because it hit to close to home. I cried, a few times, which I almost never do.
Hillary
I found this book really hard to enjoy. It was difficult to watch these characters go through even more drama with their lives after already facing so much in the previous two books.
Kendra
Jul 04, 2009 Kendra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!
Madison Mega-Mara...: last of Kingsbury Trilogy 1 3 Mar 26, 2012 06:01PM
  • The Marriage Wish
  • The Debt
  • Wildflowers (Glenbrooke, #8)
  • The Grand Scheme
  • Justifiable Means ( Sun Coast Chronicles, #2)
  • What She Left for Me
  • Season of Blessing (Seasons, #4)
  • A Time to Surrender (Safe Harbor #3)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling (The Yada Yada Prayer Group, Book 6)
  • The Pursuit (The English Garden, #4)
  • The Crossroad (Amish Country Crossroads, #2)
Karen Kingsbury, #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is America’s favorite inspirational storyteller, with more than twenty-five million copies of her award-winning books in print. Her last dozen titles have topped bestseller lists and many of her novels are under development with Hallmark Films and as major motion pictures. In addition, it was recently announced that Roma Downey and MGM Studi ...more
More about Karen Kingsbury...

Forever Faithful (3 books)
  • Waiting for Morning (Forever Faithful, #1)
  • A Moment of Weakness (Forever Faithful, #2)