Start by marking “Satisfaction: The Art of the Female Orgasm” as Want to Read:
Satisfaction: The Art of the Female Orgasm

Satisfaction: The Art of the Female Orgasm

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  110 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
This book contains adult material not suitable for children.

Sex and the City fans love author Kim Cattrall's portrayal of the unabashedly libidinous Samantha. In real life, Cattrall and hubby Mark Levinson share Samantha's guiltless pleasure in the joys of sex. This book, the fruit of those and other explorations, will appeal to women who enjoy sex in or out of the city.

Published April 14th 2008 by Sterling Publishing (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Satisfaction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Satisfaction

Alex Telander
Jan 28, 2011 Alex Telander rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Warning: this review contains language of an adult nature.

This is certainly a book for guys; girls are not invited. Just kidding! But Satisfaction: The Art of the Female Orgasm is intended for guys – read the title. Do girls need to know how to give girls orgasms? Well, yes, but that is another matter. The point is guys are not so wise in the ways of giving a girl satisfaction, mainly in the form of an orgasm, or perhaps multiples (contrary to what Jay of Silent Bob fame may indicate). And so th
abby
Nov 05, 2007 abby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sex
men shoud read this book. i'd be happy to let you borrow it.
Dawn Serra
Sep 05, 2014 Dawn Serra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sex-how-to
I was skeptical about this book. It has some great things and some not so great things, but overall, I was pleasantly surprised. Despite some major pitfalls, the book has some good lessons for those looking to find new ways to talk about sex with a lover.

The good:

The illustrations in this book are beautiful. Tasteful, sensual, and erotic.

Kim and Mark, the authors, repeatedly stress the importance of checking in with your lover during sex, taking your time, communicating, and trying different te
Rebecca
I remember reading this back in 2003 out of curiosity. This was when SATC was still a huge draw and I wanted to know what Kim Cattrall had to say about sex. I was in my very early 20's, so sex can be quite different at that age compared to a woman in her 40's, and I wanted to learn any tips. I don't remember getting much knowledge from it that I didn't already know, but what is interesting is how this book has impacted Kim's life and all of her relationships with men since writing it. I think pe ...more
Rossen Antonov
Feb 19, 2015 Rossen Antonov rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book has several profound and very simple ideas, that we all know but we don't know that we know. The book is practical and simple. I would recommend every man to read it.
Diane Wachter
Mar 24, 2016 Diane Wachter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, reference
Satisfaction: The Art of the Female Orgasm, Kim Cattrall & Mark Levinson, HB-B, @ 2002, 7/02. Intended for use by adults who are informed and want to invigorate and maintain a great sexual relationship. Interesting and Informative.
Leisha
Cattrall did a good job with this one - I mean, it's mainly intended to be a money maker but it's definitively not bad and a good choice for those who wish to dig into the subject ;) - there's better out there of course.
Julia
Dec 14, 2007 Julia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic
This is a great erotic book not only for personal shelves but public libraries. It's written in a clear, comfortable style with excellent illustrations - something you can recommend without people edging away from the desk.
Jana
Jan 24, 2009 Jana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Satisfaction is not just about technique; it is about loving, and the deep enrichment that comes from caring about your lover's sexual fulfillment.
Molly
Mar 16, 2008 Molly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginners in sex, people who haven't explored
A really really REALLY basic book for people who know very little about anything to do with sex. But that means it's great for beginners!
Angela
Oct 08, 2008 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good descriptions. helpful in an explicit way without being tacky or preachy. classy? definately honest.
Rosemary
i have the 2002 edition - will add the cover picture sometime - just found it lol
Cindy
Mar 13, 2016 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
i used to own this book. It was awesome. I seemed to have lost it in one of my many moves
Juan Antonio
Juan Antonio marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Renée
Renée marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Amanda M PONSLER
Amanda M PONSLER rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
Milena
Milena marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Michael Koenig
Michael Koenig marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Wanda R. Williams
Wanda R. Williams rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
Caroline Wilson
Caroline Wilson marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Melody
Melody rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Sophie
Sophie added it
Jun 11, 2016
Teague
Teague added it
Jun 10, 2016
Henk Pechler
Henk Pechler rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2016
BognaMK
BognaMK marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Percy Collins
Percy Collins marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
shakira
shakira marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
  • Female Ejaculation and the G-Spot: Not Your Mother's Orgasm Book!
  • Daily Sex: 365 Positions and Activities for a Year of Great Sex!
  • The Multi-Orgasmic Woman: Discover Your Full Desire, Pleasure, and Vitality
  • The Good Vibrations Guide to Sex: The Most Complete Sex Manual Ever Written
  • Critical Care Nursing Made Incredibly Easy!
  • Toygasms!: The Insider's Guide to Sex Toys & Techniques
  • For Yourself: The Fulfillment of Female Sexuality (Revised and Updated)
  • Kittens For Dummies
  • Betty Crocker's New Cookbook
  • Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women
  • Anal Pleasure & Health: A Guide for Men and Women
  • Top Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • The Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need
  • The Pocket Parent
  • What Is My Cat Thinking?
  • Cats for Dummies
  • Hot Sex: How to Do It
  • Fundamentals of Nursing
Kim Victoria Cattrall, is a British-born, Canadian-raised Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-nominated actress. She is known for her role as Samantha Jones in the HBO comedy/romance series Sex and the City, and for her leading roles in the 1980s films Police Academy and Mannequin.
More about Kim Cattrall...